Error number: 0x80090008 02-08-10

I've been working with Microsoft for over a month without resolution and it
has now come down to reinstalling my operating system which I really would
like to avoid.  I noticed in December that I was not getting any update
notifications so after about 2 weeks I went to the website for updates and
when I click express I now get Error number: 0x80090008.  This even comes up
when I try to update windows defender software.  I can't believe that there
is no reference to what this error number refers to.  Anyone have any
suggestions?  Thanks.

Windows version would be...?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Janet Carroll wrote:
> I've been working with Microsoft for over a month without resolution and
> it
> has now come down to reinstalling my operating system which I really would
> like to avoid.  I noticed in December that I was not getting any update
> notifications so after about 2 weeks I went to the website for updates and
> when I click express I now get Error number: 0x80090008.  This even comes
> up
> when I try to update windows defender software.  I can't believe that
> there
> is no reference to what this error number refers to.  Anyone have any
> suggestions?  Thanks.

0
PA
2/8/2010 5:04:11 AM
I have Windowsw XP SP 2.  McAfee subscription is current (one of the things
done was to reinstall McAfee but still had the error).  Also McAfee firewall.
 Never installed any other such as Norton.  Everything was working ok until
mid-December and have not loaded any new apps during that time.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows version would be...?

> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
>

> Janet Carroll wrote:
> > I've been working with Microsoft for over a month without resolution and
> > it
> > has now come down to reinstalling my operating system which I really would
> > like to avoid.  I noticed in December that I was not getting any update
> > notifications so after about 2 weeks I went to the website for updates and
> > when I click express I now get Error number: 0x80090008.  This even comes
> > up
> > when I try to update windows defender software.  I can't believe that
> > there
> > is no reference to what this error number refers to.  Anyone have any
> > suggestions?  Thanks.
>
> .

Additional information.  I just found that error code 80090008 exists for
Visual Basic for invalid algorithm specified.  Could my Update error actually
be referring to VB?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows version would be...?

> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
>

> Janet Carroll wrote:
> > I've been working with Microsoft for over a month without resolution and
> > it
> > has now come down to reinstalling my operating system which I really would
> > like to avoid.  I noticed in December that I was not getting any update
> > notifications so after about 2 weeks I went to the website for updates and
> > when I click express I now get Error number: 0x80090008.  This even comes
> > up
> > when I try to update windows defender software.  I can't believe that
> > there
> > is no reference to what this error number refers to.  Anyone have any
> > suggestions?  Thanks.
>
> .

Answer my questions by number in your reply (don't try to quote my post &
intersperse your anwsers):

1. To the best of your knowledge, when was the last time Windows Updates
successfully installed (e.g., mid-November 2009; September 2009 or earlier)?

2. Any particular reason you hadn't installed WinXP SP3 over a year ago?

[Extended Support for WinXP SP2 ends on 10 July 2010. After that date,
computers running WinXP SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical
security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update
website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.]

3. Did a McAfee free trial come preinstalled on the computer when you bought
it?  How about a Norton free trial?  (Doesn't matter if you never used or
Activated it.)

4. Has your McAfee subscription (or free trial) ever expired, if only for a
day or two?

5. Is Automatic Updates enabled?  If not, can you enable it, reboot & then
find it's still enabled?

6. The above notwithstanding, see if this McAfee three-step fix resolves the
problem: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Janet Carroll wrote:
> I have Windowsw XP SP 2.  McAfee subscription is current (one of the
> things
> done was to reinstall McAfee but still had the error).  Also McAfee
> firewall. Never installed any other such as Norton.  Everything was
> working
> ok until mid-December and have not loaded any new apps during that time.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Windows version would be...?

>> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than

>> bought
>> it)?
>>

>> Janet Carroll wrote:
>>> I've been working with Microsoft for over a month without resolution and
>>> it
>>> has now come down to reinstalling my operating system which I really
>>> would
>>> like to avoid.  I noticed in December that I was not getting any update
>>> notifications so after about 2 weeks I went to the website for updates
>>> and
>>> when I click express I now get Error number: 0x80090008.  This even
>>> comes
>>> up
>>> when I try to update windows defender software.  I can't believe that
>>> there
>>> is no reference to what this error number refers to.  Anyone have any
>>> suggestions?  Thanks.
>>
>> .

0
PA
2/8/2010 11:36:40 PM
1.  End of January 2010 by working with MS support
2.  Yes.  I downloaded SP3 when it first came out and it hosed my computer.
I worked with MS for days to get it back, had to order my install disks from
Dell, and MS was finally able to uninstall SP3 for me through a back door.
3.  No.  Full purchased package was preinstalled, not a free trial.
4.  No.  McAfee subscription runs through June of 2010.
5.  Yes.
6.  Working with MS support, I previously removed McAfee but did not run
MCPR.exe.  I will try that now.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Answer my questions by number in your reply (don't try to quote my post &
> intersperse your anwsers):
>
> 1. To the best of your knowledge, when was the last time Windows Updates
> successfully installed (e.g., mid-November 2009; September 2009 or earlier)?
>
> 2. Any particular reason you hadn't installed WinXP SP3 over a year ago?
>
> [Extended Support for WinXP SP2 ends on 10 July 2010. After that date,
> computers running WinXP SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical
> security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update
> website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.]
>
> 3. Did a McAfee free trial come preinstalled on the computer when you bought
> it?  How about a Norton free trial?  (Doesn't matter if you never used or
> Activated it.)
>
> 4. Has your McAfee subscription (or free trial) ever expired, if only for a
> day or two?
>
> 5. Is Automatic Updates enabled?  If not, can you enable it, reboot & then
> find it's still enabled?
>
> 6. The above notwithstanding, see if this McAfee three-step fix resolves the
> problem: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
>

> Janet Carroll wrote:
> > I have Windowsw XP SP 2.  McAfee subscription is current (one of the
> > things
> > done was to reinstall McAfee but still had the error).  Also McAfee
> > firewall. Never installed any other such as Norton.  Everything was
> > working
> > ok until mid-December and have not loaded any new apps during that time.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Windows version would be...?
> >>
> >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> >> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
> >> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
> >>
> >> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
> >> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> >> bought
> >> it)?

> >> .
>
> .

6.  Following uninstall of McAfee I am unable to locate and download MCPR.exe

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Answer my questions by number in your reply (don't try to quote my post &
> intersperse your anwsers):
>
> 1. To the best of your knowledge, when was the last time Windows Updates
> successfully installed (e.g., mid-November 2009; September 2009 or earlier)?
>
> 2. Any particular reason you hadn't installed WinXP SP3 over a year ago?
>
> [Extended Support for WinXP SP2 ends on 10 July 2010. After that date,
> computers running WinXP SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical
> security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update
> website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.]
>
> 3. Did a McAfee free trial come preinstalled on the computer when you bought
> it?  How about a Norton free trial?  (Doesn't matter if you never used or
> Activated it.)
>
> 4. Has your McAfee subscription (or free trial) ever expired, if only for a
> day or two?
>
> 5. Is Automatic Updates enabled?  If not, can you enable it, reboot & then
> find it's still enabled?
>
> 6. The above notwithstanding, see if this McAfee three-step fix resolves the
> problem: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
>

> Janet Carroll wrote:
> > I have Windowsw XP SP 2.  McAfee subscription is current (one of the
> > things
> > done was to reinstall McAfee but still had the error).  Also McAfee
> > firewall. Never installed any other such as Norton.  Everything was
> > working
> > ok until mid-December and have not loaded any new apps during that time.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Windows version would be...?
> >>
> >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> >> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
> >> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
> >>
> >> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
> >> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> >> bought
> >> it)?

> >> .
>
> .

Hi Janet,
I'm having the same problem as you. I have had no updates since the 9th Dec
2009. I'm just a novice on the computer so I don't know what this SP 3 means
etc.
I have got Windows XP home edition and that's about all I know.
I have uninstalled AVG and knocked my firewall off but I still can't access
the update website. It goes throught the motions of checking my PC for
updates and then the webpage will not open. Also Windows Defender won't
update.
Alan

"Janet Carroll" wrote:

> Additional information.  I just found that error code 80090008 exists for
> Visual Basic for invalid algorithm specified.  Could my Update error actually
> be referring to VB?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Windows version would be...?
> >
> > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> > subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> > What third-party firewall (if any)?
> >
> > Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
> > computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> > it)?
> >

> > Janet Carroll wrote:
> > > I've been working with Microsoft for over a month without resolution and
> > > it
> > > has now come down to reinstalling my operating system which I really would
> > > like to avoid.  I noticed in December that I was not getting any update
> > > notifications so after about 2 weeks I went to the website for updates and
> > > when I click express I now get Error number: 0x80090008.  This even comes
> > > up
> > > when I try to update windows defender software.  I can't believe that
> > > there
> > > is no reference to what this error number refers to.  Anyone have any
> > > suggestions?  Thanks.
> >
> > .

Hi Janet,
Just downloaded and installed Windows service pack 3. This took an hour from
start to finish. Everything now works including updates and the PC is faster.
I have sat for hours and listened to a lot of advise but, this is all you
have to do. This update should have been done automatic but it did not happen
on mine. Nothing to do with security site's etc.
It works....Bliss
Alan

"Janet Carroll" wrote:

> Additional information.  I just found that error code 80090008 exists for
> Visual Basic for invalid algorithm specified.  Could my Update error actually
> be referring to VB?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Windows version would be...?
> >
> > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> > subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> > What third-party firewall (if any)?
> >
> > Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
> > computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> > it)?
> >

> > Janet Carroll wrote:
> > > I've been working with Microsoft for over a month without resolution and
> > > it
> > > has now come down to reinstalling my operating system which I really would
> > > like to avoid.  I noticed in December that I was not getting any update
> > > notifications so after about 2 weeks I went to the website for updates and
> > > when I click express I now get Error number: 0x80090008.  This even comes
> > > up
> > > when I try to update windows defender software.  I can't believe that
> > > there
> > > is no reference to what this error number refers to.  Anyone have any
> > > suggestions?  Thanks.
> >
> > .

IMPORTANT! Enable the Windows Firewall NOW if you've not done so already!!

1. Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, saving it to your
desktop:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

2. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar).

3. Double-click on the file you saved in #1 above to run the utility. Don't
TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then reboot.

4. IMPORTANT!  Reinstall your McAfee application or install a different AV
ap NOW!!!

Repost: If you do not have WinXP SP3 installed by 10 July 2010, your
computer will NOT be offered any further updates whatsoever, Automatic
Updates will not work, and you will not be able to access Windows Update
website.  So whatever your problem was, you'd better get it straightened out
by July.

Note: The next batch of updates will be released c. 12 Noon PST (UTC -8) on
Tuesday, 9 February 2010 (or less than 12 hours from now).
--
~PA Bear

Janet Carroll wrote:
<paste>
> 1.  End of January 2010 by working with MS support
> 2.  Yes.  I downloaded SP3 when it first came out and it hosed my
> computer.
> I worked with MS for days to get it back, had to order my install disks
> from
> Dell, and MS was finally able to uninstall SP3 for me through a back door.
> 3.  No.  Full purchased package was preinstalled, not a free trial.
> 4.  No.  McAfee subscription runs through June of 2010.
> 5.  Yes.
> 6.  Working with MS support, I previously removed McAfee but did not run
> MCPR.exe.  I will try that now.
</paste>
> 6.  Following uninstall of McAfee I am unable to locate and download
> MCPR.exe
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Answer my questions by number in your reply (don't try to quote my post &
>> intersperse your anwsers):
>>
>> 1. To the best of your knowledge, when was the last time Windows Updates
>> successfully installed (e.g., mid-November 2009; September 2009 or
>> earlier)?
>>
>> 2. Any particular reason you hadn't installed WinXP SP3 over a year ago?
>>
>> [Extended Support for WinXP SP2 ends on 10 July 2010. After that date,
>> computers running WinXP SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical
>> security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update
>> website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.]
>>
>> 3. Did a McAfee free trial come preinstalled on the computer when you
>> bought it?  How about a Norton free trial?  (Doesn't matter if you never
>> used or Activated it.)
>>
>> 4. Has your McAfee subscription (or free trial) ever expired, if only for
>> day or two?
>>
>> 5. Is Automatic Updates enabled?  If not, can you enable it, reboot &
>> then
>> find it's still enabled?
>>
>> 6. The above notwithstanding, see if this McAfee three-step fix resolves
>> the problem: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
>>

>> Janet Carroll wrote:
>>> I have Windowsw XP SP 2.  McAfee subscription is current (one of the
>>> things
>>> done was to reinstall McAfee but still had the error).  Also McAfee
>>> firewall. Never installed any other such as Norton.  Everything was
>>> working
>>> ok until mid-December and have not loaded any new apps during that time.

>> .

0
PA
2/9/2010 7:22:28 AM
Alan,
Yes, same symptoms.  Interesting.  I did a chkdsk last night and there was
an error(s) that were fixed and now I can't even download McAfee.  Looks like
I will have no choice but to reinstall SP2 and then install SP3 on top of
that.  I had installed SP3 18 months ago but it hosed my system at the time.
With a fresh reinstall hopefully it will work and I can reinstall my other
software.

"Alan" wrote:

> Hi Janet,
> Just downloaded and installed Windows service pack 3. This took an hour from
> start to finish. Everything now works including updates and the PC is faster.
> I have sat for hours and listened to a lot of advise but, this is all you
> have to do. This update should have been done automatic but it did not happen
> on mine. Nothing to do with security site's etc.
> It works....Bliss
> Alan
>
> "Janet Carroll" wrote:
>
> > Additional information.  I just found that error code 80090008 exists for
> > Visual Basic for invalid algorithm specified.  Could my Update error actually
> > be referring to VB?
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Windows version would be...?
> > >
> > > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> > > subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> > > What third-party firewall (if any)?
> > >
> > > Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
> > > computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> > > it)?

> > > .

You're going to need to do more than that.

     Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?

Back-up any personal data (none of which should be considered 100%
trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of
Windows.  Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT
fix this!

HOW TO do a clean install of WinXP: See
http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html#steps and/or Method 1 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978307

After the clean install, you'll have the equivalent of a "new computer" so
take care of everything on the following page before otherwise connecting
the machine to the internet or a local network  (i.e., other computers) and
before using a flash drive or SDCard that isn't brand-new or hasn't been
freshly formatted:

     4 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
     http://www.microsoft.com/security/pypc.aspx

Other helpful references include:

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
(after a clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/3f5afa8ed33e121c

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP SP1(a) or SP2 fully patched (after a
clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/a066ae41add7dd2b

Tip: After getting the computer fully-patched, download/install KB971029
manually: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971029

NB: Any Norton or McAfee free-trial that came preinstalled on the computer
when you bought it will be reinstalled (but invalid) when Windows is
reinstalled. You MUST uninstall the free-trial and download/run the
appropriate removal tool before installing any updates, Windows Service
Packs or IE upgrades and before installing your new anti-virus application
(which will require WinXP SP3 to be installed).

     Norton Removal Tool
     ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

     McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
     http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Also see:

Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/security/spyware/prevent.aspx

Steps to Help Prevent Computer Worms
http://www.microsoft.com/security/worms/prevent.aspx

Avoid Rogue Security Software!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/rogue.aspx

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Janet Carroll wrote:
> Yes, same symptoms.  Interesting.  I did a chkdsk last night and there was
> an error(s) that were fixed and now I can't even download McAfee.  Looks
> like I will have no choice but to reinstall SP2 and then install SP3 on
> top
> of that.  I had installed SP3 18 months ago but it hosed my system at the
> time. With a fresh reinstall hopefully it will work and I can reinstall my
> other software.
>
> "Alan" wrote:
>> Just downloaded and installed Windows service pack 3. This took an hour
>> from start to finish. Everything now works including updates and the PC
>> is
>> faster. I have sat for hours and listened to a lot of advise but, this is
>> all you have to do. This update should have been done automatic but it
>> did
>> not happen on mine. Nothing to do with security site's etc.
>> It works....Bliss
>> Alan
>>
>> "Janet Carroll" wrote:
>>
>>> Additional information.  I just found that error code 80090008 exists
>>> for
>>> Visual Basic for invalid algorithm specified.  Could my Update error
>>> actually be referring to VB?

0
PA
2/9/2010 4:32:52 PM
PA Bear,
I did not see your reply yesterday.  Last night I used PC restore from DELL
(Symantec) to reinstall XP.  From your comments, are you telling me that this
may not have been enough and that I should have done a complete reinstall?
After PC restore, which supposedly wipes everything on my hard drive, I
reinstalled McAfee right away, received about 70+ updates from MS, started up
MS Office, etc.  I have yet to install other software that was deleted,
restore files I backed up, and was thinking about installing SP3.

IF you think that I did not do a reinstall properly by flattening my hard
drive, let me know and I'll have to go to a technician.  Otherwise, I will
continue with my rebuild.  I appreciate all of your help on this.

BTW, if I continue, should I restore my backed ups files first and then SP3
and other software?  Just wondering if the sequence matters.

Janet

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> > an error(s) that were fixed and now I can't even download McAfee.  Looks
> > like I will have no choice but to reinstall SP2 and then install SP3 on
> > top
> > of that.  I had installed SP3 18 months ago but it hosed my system at the
> > time. With a fresh reinstall hopefully it will work and I can reinstall my
> > other software.
> >
> > "Alan" wrote:
> >> Just downloaded and installed Windows service pack 3. This took an hour
> >> from start to finish. Everything now works including updates and the PC
> >> is
> >> faster. I have sat for hours and listened to a lot of advise but, this is
> >> all you have to do. This update should have been done automatic but it
> >> did
> >> not happen on mine. Nothing to do with security site's etc.

After doing the "recovery," did you find all of your previous data still in
My Documents folder?

Did a McAfee or Norton free trial come preinstalled on the computer when you
bought it?

In your last reply you tells us that you "reinstalled McAfee right way" but
in an earlier reply you told us, "I can't even download McAfee."  Explain.

The above notwithstanding...

If you've not installed any updates since November 2009 (which would mean
that you're now 3 months behind), I'd very strongly recommend doing a clean
install now, Janet.

Janet Carroll wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Avoid Rogue Security Software!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/rogue.aspx
>>
>> If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair
>> shop.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Janet Carroll wrote:
>>> Yes, same symptoms.  Interesting.  I did a chkdsk last night and there
>>> was
>>> an error(s) that were fixed and now I can't even download McAfee.  Looks
>>> like I will have no choice but to reinstall SP2 and then install SP3 on
>>> top
>>> of that.  I had installed SP3 18 months ago but it hosed my system at
>>> the
>>> time. With a fresh reinstall hopefully it will work and I can reinstall

0
PA
2/11/2010 12:07:31 AM
After doing the 'recovery' I do not have any data in 'My Documents' folder.
All of my previous files are gone but I do have a backup of them.

McAfee was preinstalled after my recovery but not as a trial version.  I
worked with McAfee support last night and they cleaned up with the tool you
were recommending and I now have a current clean install of my McAfee
subscription running on my system.

Because I did the PC Restore for Windows XP I was again able to download
from McAfee as well as go out to Microsoft Update and run the 'Express'
option without getting the error code that started all of this.  It seems to
take quite awhile to check my system but the only thing finally appearing is
to install XP SP3.

Over 70 downloads have been downloaded and successfully installed now on my
computer since doing the PC Restore last night bringing me from my initial
configuration 4 years ago of IE 6 to IE8 for example.

I think the problem has been resolved and I still have a lot of
miscellaneous software to reinstall and configure.  The only things
noticeable right now are the slowness of the system to check for updates and
not being able to see images in my emails in gmail.

I still have to configure Outlook but was thinking maybe I should try to
install SP3 now before my system gets completely rebuilt (only because I had
problems installing it 18 months ago and had to have Microsoft assist in
backing it out).

I appreciate your thoughts.
Janet

Janet Carroll wrote:
> [...]
>>> reinstall? After PC restore, which supposedly wipes everything on my
>>> hard
>>> drive, I reinstalled McAfee right away, received about 70+ updates from
>>> MS,
>>> started up MS Office, etc.  I have yet to install other software that
>>> was
>>> deleted, restore files I backed up, and was thinking about installing
>>> SP3.
>>>
>>> IF you think that I did not do a reinstall properly by flattening my
>>> hard
>>> drive, let me know and I'll have to go to a technician.  Otherwise, I
>>> will
>>> continue with my rebuild.  I appreciate all of your help on this.
>>>
>>> BTW, if I continue, should I restore my backed ups files first and then
>>> SP3
>>> and other software?  Just wondering if the sequence matters.

0
PA

query 02-20-08
How do I create an an append query that activates the append after 5 days On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:51:01 -0800, Gunther Dawson <GuntherDawson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I create an an append query that activates the append after 5 days A Query by itself cannot do this. You can write VBA code to launch the query... but you'll have to explain, five days after what? Do you want to do something today which will cause a query to run on the 25th, to run every five days henceforward, or what? -- John W. Vinson [MVP] I would like the append query to automati...

No page available for eConnect 10.0 SDK downloads in PartnerSource
Hi, I am trying to download the eConnect 10.0 SDK First Version (not the eConnect 10.0 SDK SP2) from the PartnerSource. But seems like I am taken to SP2 page and not to the basic version page. Can anyone send me the path to the eConnect 10.0 SDK Basic Version download page? Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Vaidy ...

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

Columns are Numbered rather than lettered?
All of my columns in my worksheets suddenly have come up with numbers rather than the traditional letters. What went wrong and how do I correct this? Hi, Pre xl 2007 versions: Select menu item Tools->Options->General tab and uncheck R1C1 reference style. If using xl2007 then click the microsoft button top left of screen, select Excel Options towards bottom right of dialog box then formulas and it is under Working with formulas. -- Regards, OssieMac "Firman" wrote: > All of my columns in my worksheets suddenly have come up with numbers rather > than the tradit...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Time calculation 01-21-10
Hello, I am working on the employee attendance data entry the time in and out are based on short time format i have created a report sorted by employee ID and by making the sum of total hours per day in order to get how many wrking hours each employee have im getting a wrong calculation Example ID Employee date totalk wrking hours 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 ...

Technical error

Problems with small numbers in Query and in XL pivot table
Hi, I have some CSV data that I want to use in a Pivot Table: I'm accessing the data from XL through MS Query using the MS text driver. I have a field named 'Ratio' with significant digits up to the ninth decimal place. Ratio 0.000118019 0.0000012 0.0000014 0.0000028 0.000001488 But, ... in Query and in Excel, everything is showing up as zero. How can I get the correct number to display and calculate in the Pivot Table ? TIA Leon Works by me. No data loss. HTH -- AP "Leon Noel" <LeonNoel@LeonNoel.kz> a �crit dans le message de news:443a2551$0$21291$8fcfb9...

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

How to: calculate number of pieces when seperated by a '/' symbol
Hi all, I would like to calculate the number of pieces if it was seperated by a '/' symbol. i.e. 999999/88 equals two pieces i.e. 999999 equals one piece i.e. 999999/88/77 equals three pieces Thank you in advanced. Hi Here's one way: =LEN(A2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A2,"/",""))+1 -- Andy. "Mas" <mas13@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u1TWo1tVFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I would like to calculate the number of pieces if it was seperated by a > '/' symbol. > > i.e. 999999/88 equals two pieces > ...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...