Error Code 0x643

  • Follow

I just ran a manual Microsoft Update and all the high priority updates were
successful.  However, two "Software, Optional" updates failed.  They are the
following:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003
and Windows XP x86 (KB976569) - Error Code: 0x643

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003
and Windows XP x86 (KB976570)	 - Error Code: 0x643

Looking back through my Automatic Update history, it appears these two
updates failed a number of time previously too.

My operating environment is:

Windows XP Service Pack 3

I am also attached to a Windows Home Server (approximately Windows Home
Server 2003 SP 1), an HP487 server.

What can I do to get these .Net Framework updates successfully applied?

Bill Allen
0
Reply Utf 4/14/2010 3:44:06 PM

Hello Bill,

See Peter Foldes reply in this thяead helps.

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general&p=1&tid=68517597-aeac-4b60-b74e-ac56acf7f433&mid=0f7a9954-9fff-4a98-a353-a28123695a02>

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck
-=-

"BillAllen" wrote:

> I just ran a manual Microsoft Update and all the high priority updates were
> successful.  However, two "Software, Optional" updates failed.  They are the
> following:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003
> and Windows XP x86 (KB976569) - Error Code: 0x643
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003
> and Windows XP x86 (KB976570)	 - Error Code: 0x643
>
> Looking back through my Automatic Update history, it appears these two
> updates failed a number of time previously too.
>
> My operating environment is:
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 3
>
> I am also attached to a Windows Home Server (approximately Windows Home
> Server 2003 SP 1), an HP487 server.
>
> What can I do to get these .Net Framework updates successfully applied?
>
> Bill Allen
0
Reply Utf 4/14/2010 4:49:01 PM

Hi Bill,
  Thanks for the info on the two non fix items, but I did not receive
instuctions on how to fix the problems which I  do not know how to fix. Can
you help?

   Thanks, Alex

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Hello Bill,
>
> See Peter Foldes reply in this thяead helps.
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general&p=1&tid=68517597-aeac-4b60-b74e-ac56acf7f433&mid=0f7a9954-9fff-4a98-a353-a28123695a02>
>

> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Good luck
> -=-
>
> "BillAllen" wrote:
>
> > I just ran a manual Microsoft Update and all the high priority updates were
> > successful.  However, two "Software, Optional" updates failed.  They are the
> > following:
> >
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003
> > and Windows XP x86 (KB976569) - Error Code: 0x643
> >
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003
> > and Windows XP x86 (KB976570)	 - Error Code: 0x643
> >
> > Looking back through my Automatic Update history, it appears these two
> > updates failed a number of time previously too.
> >
> > My operating environment is:
> >
> > Windows XP Service Pack 3
> >
> > I am also attached to a Windows Home Server (approximately Windows Home
> > Server 2003 SP 1), an HP487 server.
> >
> > What can I do to get these .Net Framework updates successfully applied?
> >
> > Bill Allen
0
Reply Utf 4/14/2010 8:36:14 PM

First run the Fix It in this KB article & see if the update will install
after doing so:

How to fix MSI software update registration corruption issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187

If no joy, see...

When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

Then proceed per the following:

=====================

Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework
versions are currently installed:

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/kb00318785.aspx

Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in this related KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

After running the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool (not the Windows Installer
Cleanup utility), reinstall all .NET Framework versions (but only the ones
you wrote down in #1 above) manually using the download links on the page
then run Windows Update manually to install security updates for same.

NB: If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1) using the tool, reinstalling .NET
Framework 3.5 will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2; then
Windows Update will offer .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

IMPORTANT! => If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1), reinstall your .NET
Framework versions in the following order:

    1. .Net Framework 3.5, then...
    2. .Net Framework 1.1, then...
    3. .Net Framework 1.1 SP1

NB: KB923100 references this page:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx.  Please read
ALL of it as well as the related page
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx before using the .NET
Framework Cleanup Tool.

Step #3 => Check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security
updates offered.

=========================

What to do if other .NET Framework setup troubleshooting steps do not help:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/03/07/8108332.aspx
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

BillAllen wrote:
> I just ran a manual Microsoft Update and all the high priority updates
> were
> successful.  However, two "Software, Optional" updates failed.  They are
> the
> following:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003
> and Windows XP x86 (KB976569) - Error Code: 0x643
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003
> and Windows XP x86 (KB976570) - Error Code: 0x643
>
> Looking back through my Automatic Update history, it appears these two
> updates failed a number of time previously too.
>
> My operating environment is:
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 3
>
> I am also attached to a Windows Home Server (approximately Windows Home
> Server 2003 SP 1), an HP487 server.
>
> What can I do to get these .Net Framework updates successfully applied?
>
> Bill Allen

0
Reply PA 4/15/2010 12:21:00 AM

(page loaded in 0.072 seconds)