"Microsoft Windows Component Publisher"

When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software component
signed by "Microsoft Windows Component Publisher" verified by "Microsoft
Windows Verification Intermediate PCA".  Do these outfits represent
Microsoft, or are they some scam to install malware?

It helps those answering your questions if you provide your operating system
and service pack information (e.g. Windows XP SP2, Vista SP1) and your
browser with version number (e.g. IE7) .

"Jack Waugh" wrote:

> When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software component
> signed by "Microsoft Windows Component Publisher" verified by "Microsoft
> Windows Verification Intermediate PCA".  Do these outfits represent
> Microsoft, or are they some scam to install malware?

"Microsoft Windows Component Publisher"
When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software component signed by "Microsoft Windows Component Publisher" verified by "Microsoft Windows Verification Intermediate PCA". Do these outfits represent Microsoft, or are they some scam to install malware? It helps those answering your questions if you provide your operating system and service pack information (e.g. Windows XP SP2, Vista SP1) and your browser with version number (e.g. IE7) . "Jack Waugh" wrote: > When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software comp...