"Microsoft Windows Component Publisher"

  • Follow

When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software component
signed by "Microsoft Windows Component Publisher" verified by "Microsoft
Windows Verification Intermediate PCA".  Do these outfits represent
Microsoft, or are they some scam to install malware?
0
Reply Utf 3/7/2010 7:00:01 PM

It helps those answering your questions if you provide your operating system
and service pack information (e.g. Windows XP SP2, Vista SP1) and your
browser with version number (e.g. IE7) .

"Jack Waugh" wrote:

> When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software component
> signed by "Microsoft Windows Component Publisher" verified by "Microsoft
> Windows Verification Intermediate PCA".  Do these outfits represent
> Microsoft, or are they some scam to install malware?
0
Reply Utf 3/7/2010 8:52:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.041 seconds)

Reply: