WMP12 automatically adding music folder to library in Windows 7

There should be an option in the media player under Options/Library to NOT
scan the music and video folders for content.  (Just like the pictures
library that can be checked or unchecked)

Changing the default folder is not a viable option and this should not be
associated with WMP

Reminds me of itunes which has the opposite problem of not rescanning the
music folder....

Please let the users decide what they want to do!!!  This is so apple!

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:28:01 -0800, Eric
<Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>There should be an option in the media player under Options/Library to NOT
>scan the music and video folders for content.  (Just like the pictures
>library that can be checked or unchecked)
>Changing the default folder is not a viable option and this should not be
>associated with WMP

I'm baffled why changing to store your music somewhere else is a
problem for you ? It helps 99% of users who have no clue they want to
move their media to a different folder, so you're the 1%

>Reminds me of itunes which has the opposite problem of not rescanning the
>music folder....

Wait, so you're unhappy *both* ways ?
You're trolling, right ? LOL

>Please let the users decide what they want to do!!!  This is so apple!

If you found this answer useful, please donate $5 to the Haiti
earthquake fund. If you did not find this answer useful, please donate
$5 to the Haiti earthquake fund. If you are unhappy with both of those
options, please donate $5 to the Haiti earthquake fund.

Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010

Automatic Data Validation drop down creation
good afternoon, Any assistance on the following will be of much appreciation. I am currently working between to worksheets. The first worksheet is for"data dump", where i will be pasting results in a set column row format from a queried database. The second worksheet contains references to the datadump sheet, basically reshowing the data from the first worksheet in a formatted and protected form. On the second worksheet I am looking to use data validation dropdowns as well. For every row of information, i would like a dropdown selection. Here is what i am trying to acc...

How to create a pop up window with message?!
Hi, I'm responsible for the introduction of our CRM-tool and to customize the application according to our business processes and requirements. Unfortunately I'm absolutely not familiar in terms of programming and the SDK of CRM 3.0. I just need a simple (?!) event: Before activating (and then closing) a quote I want the Users to fill in a field "Reason" (pick up list with numerous reasons for closing a quote, e.g. price too high etc.). To make sure that the users do not forget this step I would like the system to open a pop-up window with the message "If you want to c...

Error adding all results of advanced search to marketing list
When you want to add contacts to a marketing list with an advanced search in some cases you get a SQL error (only when adding all results, adding page by page works fine). An advanced search causing this error is the following: Status - Equals - Active ->Marketing List Marketing List - Equals - List A -> Marketing List Marketing List - Equals - List B ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not se...

Public Folder replication change
I have two Exchange 2003 servers, one running Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2, the other running Exchange 2003 Standard SP1. The Enterprise server is running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, the Standard is running on Windows 2000 Server SP4. I am trying to setup replication of all public folders from the Standard server to the new Enterprise server. When I try to add the Enterprise Server public store to the list of replicas for one particular folder, it prompts me for a username and password. I have tried using the credentials for the Domain Admin, Enterprise Admin, and even th...

Visualization for WMP12 was Disabled
I have installed a visualization for WMP12 to show lyrics.One day it had a trouble and the player closed by itself.Later I started it again but it said that the visualizations was Disabled.Now I don't know how to enable it.Who can help me?(It's better to use Chinese to talk with me,I can't use English very well.) More: The menu of the visualization is gray.I can't use it. Thanks. On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:37:01 -0800, zhj <hs404zhj27@126.com> wrote: >I have installed a visualization for WMP12 to show lyrics.One day it had a >trouble and the player cl...

Default contact folder
Setting up Outlook 2007. I have several contact folders. The one that I use most is the Blackberry folder since I sync it with my Blackberry. When sending a new message when I hit the To: button I get the Contact folder then I must select the Blackberry folder if that's where the address is that I want to use. Is there a way to make the Blackberry folder the default so that it always opens first? Thanks, Rick Morrison Yes. In the Address Book View > Tools > Options... > "Show this address list first" -- Russ Valentine "Rick Morrison...

Error adding permission to public folder
I have just done a migration from 5.5 to e2003. I am having issues with permissions with public folders which I read I might do. It seems although some users have permission to view public folders when they try to it says they do not have permission. I have gone into Exchange Manager and deleted their account from under the client permission to then try and re-add it. When I try and add them back in and give them the same permission I get an error message come up 'The operation failed Error ID 80004005 Exchange System manager' and it will not let me add them back in. If I have tro...

is there a way to do this automatically
is there a way to do this automatically setting prices a, b, c Hi Victor, Have you tried Mihir's suggestion? See his reply to your original post. This should work for you, if you are unsure of how to do it reply to his message he left in your original thread. And don't forget to backup your data first :) hth kevin "Victor" wrote: > is there a way to do this automatically setting prices a, b, c ...

Folder List Again
Sorry for posting this again, but I can not find my previous post. my user has Outlook 2k. You know when you click on VIEW and then FOLDER LIST, you know how you can click on the push pin to get teh folder list to stay? Well, I have one user (this is how Outlook was when they first got setup in Outlook so it actually wasn't anythign they did) that when they have the FOLDER LIST displayed, the list is so wide, it goes off the end of the screen so you cant even see a push pin to click on. i even tried setting teh screen resolution to maximum in hopes that the tiny size would allow me to...

WMP12 Bug with Large Libraries (confirmed and reproducable)
I have been working with a few of the guys over at we got served and have discovered a live bug in the windows media player version as shipped with windows 7 ultimate x86 I have a home server (WHS) and a media center (Win7). the home server runs PP3 and has 42,000 mp3's in the music share. All mp3s are well tagged and have embedded album art. when windows media player starts scanning the folder in order to import music it gets to 32750 (integer maximum value) and hangs leaving the graphical elements of media player corrupted. this stays like this for approx 5 minutes...

RE: SMTP Error 550 5.7.1 Command Rejected
Dear users of newsgroup, I am currently facing this error from our mails sending to one particular domain. The error came is back is like this: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <exsvr2003.lnleung.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <terrie@lnleung.com>... Command rejected> I then checked in DNSReport that and found they use SPF using the following line: "v=spf1 mx ~all" (By the way, ours is) "v=spf1 a mx ptr ip4: mx:mail.lnleung.com ?all" [TTL=86400] So my questions are: 1...

Exchange spam folder
Hi, an IT company installed Brightmail anti spam on an exchange 2003 box and configured for a folder to be created in all client mailboxes called Brightmail-Spam where all suspected spam email is forwarded to. But what I want to know is where is this setiing/ policy set and configured from? I've tried trawling through the Brightmail program but there is nothing there regarding? Does anyone have any idea's? Cheers In news:9D1985B2-F700-4255-85A3-9A00EF1B63AC@microsoft.com, Alan Byrne <AlanByrne@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, an IT company installed Brightmai...

Automatically selectings items in a list box using a list
I have a form with a button that when the user selects an item from the list box and then clicks the button, an update query runs to update the selected item from the list box. I'm trying to write some code that will allow the user to click a button that using a loop will automatically select each item in the list one at a time and then run the update query for each item. The problem I'm having is writing the code that automatically selects the next item in the list box. For example, right now I have: dim listCounter as integer for listCounter=0 to listbox.listcount()-1 ...

Org Chart Item Automatic Font
When using the org chart feature in Excel, i have one cell (for example sakes we're going to call President) that if i have more textual information than the cell allows, it doesn't resize the cell to fit. I dont want the font size to change, i just want the cell to automatically resize to fit the data within the cell? Any ideas? ...

Populating a bar chart with automatically-calculated numbers?
Hi. I have a bar chart. X-axis is discrete time-periods. Y-axis is (integer) numbers of incidents per time-period. I've also got a table/spreadsheet that contains rows, each of which represents one of these Y-axis incidents. The date of the incident is in, say, Column C. My question is: can I set up a two-tab spreadsheet that has the bar chart on one tab and the table on another, such that the bar chart "reads" the table and increases the length of a given Y-value based on the number of table entries that correspond to that time-period (e.g. if there are 5 rows in which Col...

New Mail moving automatically to deleted folder
I have a user who is getting mail messages from a couple of internal mail users or people who are on are Exchange server that go directly to the deleted folder. I had removed a rule that referenced on of the users in question and also removed another entry in the profile to another pst.I don't know if a repair or a reload is warranted? Try a new profile first. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and...

Adding domains to Exchange 2003 enabled forest
I have a Windows 2003 domain Forest with Exchange 2003 installed. I want to add several new domain trees into the forest. Do I run DomainPrep in each new domain to be able to create mailboxes for the users in the new domain trees? Should I run DomainPrep on each domain controller, if I want to be able to create mailbox enabled user accounts on any domain controller? I am currently only able to create mailbox enabled user accounts on the Exchange server which is not a domain controller. "richard.whittington@i-sector.com" <richard.whittington@i-sector.com@discussions.micr...

Window Tiling
I have only noticed this since Money 2007 SP1 and IE7. If the Money program window is open, and if I have some other program window open, and if I right click on the bottom bar and select Tile Windows, nothing happens. If Money is minimized, tiling is normal. If multiple windows are open, the non-Money windows seem to tile, but the Money window does not change, remaining in the foreground or background as it was before the tiling operation. Has anyone else noted this? --ron Ron: I regret that I don't have a solution, but I wanted you to know I am experiencing the exact tiling prob...

When a window minimize, what messages will be posted.
When a window minimize, what messages will be posted? Marco, That's an interesting question, especially since you are explicitly looking for messages that are "posted", i.e. messages that end up in the message queue and therefore are processed by the GetMessage/Dispatch message sequence. As a minimum, assuming that you placed the mouse cursor over the Minimze icon in the title bar, you would see the following in this order : 1. WM_NCMOUSEMOVE 2. WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN Additionally, one may expect to see the following message in the message queue: WM_SYSCOMMAND (with wParam ...

Money 2006 annoying automatic scrolling
Hi all, I am running Money 2006 Deluxe. In the Portfolio Page, when I am browsing the performance of my investments, the page often freezes for a couple seconds, accompanied by the hourglass cursor, and then the page is automatically scrolled to the bottom. This sometimes coincides with the program receiving price updates, but sometimes doesn't, and it can happen several times a minute. It is very distracting and a waste of time. Does anybody have any idea how I can get this to stop? Thanks. Paula In microsoft.public.money, paula wrote: > >I am running Money 2006 Deluxe...

How copy automatically from one sheet to another.
Hello, I am trying to design an excel workbook for my class that will automatically copy scores from various subjects(8 subt.)and paste them in another. Let me give an example. There are 8 subjects and 40 students in a class. Each subject sheet has the following headings NAME, HOME WORK, PROJECT WORK, EXAMS, TOTAL, POSITION IN SUBT., GRADE. Now after preparing the above sheet, I want to take say student 1's name, total, position and grade and paste it automatically in another wksheet or book. This will be done for all the 8 subjects and the avg calculated. Each student in the ...

Public Folder Does not send out email.
I have a group of public folders that we use to receive email from our website. using the folder assistant function, I have set the folders up to forward a copy of received messages to the appropriate person in our company. But, the folder is also configured to send a reply to the original sender. For instance, someone send us their resume, it gets delivered to a folder anme careers. The folder assistant them forwards a copy to the head of HR (that works fine), but it does not send a reply to the person tht submitted the resume. I had this problem with a 5.5 installation and reca...

Cells are being selected automatically in Excel
Whenever I open Excel and I click on an empty cell it automatically highlights lots of other cells according to where I place the mouse, so wherever the mouse moves to those cells that it has passed over become highlight and I am unable to turn it off. It appears to work in the same way as using the F8 key in Excel. Can anyone help? Regards Ian Hi Ian look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C73CC982-8FF9-45DB-B55E-9C6E381FAFB6@microsoft...

Automatic refresh of the pivot table data
I have a data entry sheet and a pivot table based on the data entry sheet. Is there a way to make the pivot table data refresh automatically based on some trigger (e.g., leaving the data entry sheet)? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I have a data entry sheet, two pivot tables based on the data entry sheet, and two charts (not pivot charts) based on the pivot tables. One chart is located in a sheet, the other is a stand-alone chart. When I turn the file over to the user, the pivot tables will be hidden. I want both charts to automatically refresh when I click their tabs. ...

jumbled overlapping text when adding categories in Outlook 2007
Hi, I have Outlook 2007 with BCM (I don't use the BCM feature) and whenever I try to add a new category, the text I enter completely overlaps to the point I can't read it. If I continue to type anyway and hit "OK" the category comes out correctly and has been added, but the garbled text is annoying and it is difficult to see if I have made a typo until too late. This problem is now spreading to other standard Outlook forms where I type in information. The consistent thing when I have this problem seems to be when Outlook opens a new pop-up window to add in...