WMP12 automatically adding music folder to library in Windows 7

  • Follow

There should be an option in the media player under Options/Library to NOT
scan the music and video folders for content.  (Just like the pictures
library that can be checked or unchecked)

Changing the default folder is not a viable option and this should not be
associated with WMP

Reminds me of itunes which has the opposite problem of not rescanning the
music folder....

Please let the users decide what they want to do!!!  This is so apple!
0
Reply Utf 1/21/2010 4:28:01 PM

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:28:01 -0800, Eric
<Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>There should be an option in the media player under Options/Library to NOT
>scan the music and video folders for content.  (Just like the pictures
>library that can be checked or unchecked)
>
>Changing the default folder is not a viable option and this should not be
>associated with WMP

I'm baffled why changing to store your music somewhere else is a
problem for you ? It helps 99% of users who have no clue they want to
move their media to a different folder, so you're the 1%

>Reminds me of itunes which has the opposite problem of not rescanning the
>music folder....

Wait, so you're unhappy *both* ways ?
You're trolling, right ? LOL

>Please let the users decide what they want to do!!!  This is so apple!

If you found this answer useful, please donate $5 to the Haiti
earthquake fund. If you did not find this answer useful, please donate
$5 to the Haiti earthquake fund. If you are unhappy with both of those
options, please donate $5 to the Haiti earthquake fund.

http://www.dec.org.uk/donate_now/

Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs