WMP12 automatically adding music folder to library in Windows 7

There should be an option in the media player under Options/Library to NOT
scan the music and video folders for content.  (Just like the pictures
library that can be checked or unchecked)

Changing the default folder is not a viable option and this should not be
associated with WMP

Reminds me of itunes which has the opposite problem of not rescanning the
music folder....

Please let the users decide what they want to do!!!  This is so apple!

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:28:01 -0800, Eric
<Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>There should be an option in the media player under Options/Library to NOT
>scan the music and video folders for content.  (Just like the pictures
>library that can be checked or unchecked)
>
>Changing the default folder is not a viable option and this should not be
>associated with WMP

I'm baffled why changing to store your music somewhere else is a
problem for you ? It helps 99% of users who have no clue they want to
move their media to a different folder, so you're the 1%

>Reminds me of itunes which has the opposite problem of not rescanning the
>music folder....

Wait, so you're unhappy *both* ways ?
You're trolling, right ? LOL

>Please let the users decide what they want to do!!!  This is so apple!

If you found this answer useful, please donate $5 to the Haiti
earthquake fund. If you did not find this answer useful, please donate
$5 to the Haiti earthquake fund. If you are unhappy with both of those
options, please donate $5 to the Haiti earthquake fund.

http://www.dec.org.uk/donate_now/

Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
0
Neil

IF Statement, Group Adding, Please help me
I have a problem in using an If Statement and adding statement together. A B C D Carl 1 2 3 1 2 Luis 1 1 11 Jim 1 1 1 I am trying to make an if statement where if there is anything as in letters or words in column A, it will add whatever is in cell B and C. So the 2nd row plus the 3rd row plus the last row will equal to 7. Since the 3rd row has nothing in column A, it will not add C's value. I would need the answer in one cell that adds up the whole result to 7. Thanks for the help. Hard to do a SUMIF for criterion...

RE: Apply that important package for Windows
--yaqeyogaveklfru Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="qitowqjkjro"; type="multipart/alternative" --qitowqjkjro Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wzgxlttfuoycyj" --wzgxlttfuoycyj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to...

Automatic column deletion
In a nutshell, is there any way to have a column delete itself automatically based on established parameters...specifics follow. I am running Excel 2002 SP2 I receive an excel spreadsheet feed from an external source. The feed consists of everything shipped out of a distribution warehouse to all locations it ships to in the world. The material is supposed to be segregated by destination. That is; the contents of each container is supposed to be destined for only one location. The contents and its destination are burned onto a Radio Frequency (RF) tag, which is used for tracking the shipm...

Can't Find Delete when Adding to Blocked Senders Option
Here is my situation. I often add senders to the blocked senders using the toolbar button that I have on my toolbar. I remember in the past being able to click that button and the individual message would not go to the junk mail folder but would automatically be deleted for me. There is some check box or option for this somewhere in OL2007 but I cannot find it. Where is that option? That was never an Outlook option. What add-ins did you have installed = previously? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited ma...

Going to 2003 from 5.5 (Public Folders) problem
We are currently attempting an upgrade to 2003 from 5.5 We used pfmigrate to add replicas on the new dedicated public folder server but started to notice the priv is growing. Not only that but faster then the pub. There are no mailboxes on the server so why would this be happening? Any ideas? Stacey <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are currently attempting an upgrade to 2003 from 5.5 > >We used pfmigrate to add replicas on the new dedicated public folder server >but started to notice the priv is growing. Not only that but faster then the >pub. Ther...

Mysterious message in Drafts folder.
I found this in my Drafts folder a few days ago: Font used - Times New Roman 12. "Annie, one easy thing to try is to download and run Autoruns from Microsoft or CNET. It is a small standalone utility that is free and needs no installation, but can be run from your downloads folder. Select the Logon tab and see if you can spot something that is hogging your resources. Uncheck any item you can do without - you can always run Autoruns again and re-check the item if you have regrets. When you make changes you will be asked to elevate to administrator from within Autoruns - conse...

How do I stop outlook from opening the next message automatically
When I open a new message in my inbox and then close it outlook automatically opens the next message. How do I stop outlook from doing this? Depends on your version. There's little use in posting a question without including your version. For one of the versions you would go to Tools > Options > Preferences > Email Options... to access the settings for this behavior. -- Russ Valentine "Outlook inbox" <Outlook inbox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56BDE5B9-2E35-4536-934B-07B82C30547F@microsoft.com... > When I open a new message ...

New AD accounts and mailboxes in Exchange 2003
I are in the process of moving away from SBS2003. We have bought three servers, Dell PowerEdge 2800, where the functions will be: 1) DC running ISA2004 2) Additonal DC running Exchange 3) Additional DC acting as a fileserver on the network These are setup on an isolated network. I have noticed, when I create a new account, the email address it gives to the user by default is: name@<domain>.local instead of name@domain.co.uk for email purposes. The name@<domain>.local is the internal or local email address in exchange for realying messages internally. How can I get this am...

automatically email reminders?
Does anybody know a way to automatically email reminders of an event to people in the office? I want to be able to set the interval of the emails to remind them the week before and the day of. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:3fd4f2d4@rutgers.edu, Lurk Master Flex wrote: > Does anybody know a way to automatically email reminders of an event...

turn off indentation of automatic numbering lists
I am trying to figure out a way to turn off the indenting feature of the auto numbering. I need to use auto numbering but I need the list to be completely flushed left. I have searched and searched but been unable to find a way to change this. I know I can do it temporary by decreasing the indent but I need really need to this be a permanent setting change that I do not have to correct with each new report. This is how auto numbering currently looks: 1. asdfasdfasdf 2. asdfasdfasdf I need it to look like this all the time: 1. asdfasdfasdf 2. asd...

Adding Description to Table in vba
Not sure which forum this belongs in: I am creating a table in order to pass the contents to Word in a mail merge. I do this because the data to be merged depends on a selection from a form. The query is: SQL = "SELECT qryDealerMailMerge.ShowID, qryDealerMailMerge.ShowName, qryDealerMailMerge.ShowYear, qryDealerMailMerge.Bldg, qryDealerMailMerge.BoothNum, qryDealerMailMerge.ShopFirstName, qryDealerMailMerge.ShopName, qryDealerMailMerge.ShopTown, qryDealerMailMerge.ShopState, qryDealerMailMerge.ShopPhone, qryDealerMailMerge.DealerFirstName, qryDealerMailMerge.DealerLastName, qr...

Public Folder in Distribution List
I have an exchange 2003 server. I have set up a distrbution list with an email address, and which contains a number of users who recieve email via this list on a daily basis. I would also like a copy of the emails recieved to be posted to a public folder - so everyone in the organisation can see them. I have therefore set up a public folder, and given it an email address. I can email the public folder directly. I cannot find a way to include the public folder in the distribution list, so the public folder is populated at the same time the email is distributed to the rest of the list...

Error adding a new account
I get an error message when I try to add a new account in Money 2005 UK Edition. It says "To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared." This happens despite the fact that I am online. I recently upgraded from Money 2003 to 2005. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? ...

AutoArchive #7
How can I default everyones autoarchive to somthing else besides c:\documents and settings? I have users that are using the default path to archive PST files? Is there a reg hack or tool that can redirect them? ...

Automatic documentation MFC/C++
Hello, I have a question - is there any standard tool to use for automated documentation of MFC/C++ source code? NDoc works great for C# apps - but is there anything out there that is industry standard for C++? Seems to be a lot of different ones out there but is there any as standard as NDoc? Thanks, Greg Cetti greg@ram-software.com > I have a question - is there any standard tool to use for automated > documentation of MFC/C++ source code? > > NDoc works great for C# apps - but is there anything out there that is > industry standard for C++? Seems to be a lot of differe...

WMP12 on Win7 64bit
I've changed few days ago my old pc and now I've an official copy of Win7 Ultimate 64 bit with WMP12 installed on. Preface: I wish use WMP to manage all my media files (audio, video, photos) that are on the pc in several drives. I changed the original paths to find those files. It don't work immediately but works, best if after closed and reopened WMP. Problem: after found all files I desired, and closed WMP, when reopened it all video and photo files in the media catalogue are completely gone, are retained only the audio files. It shows only the demo video and pic...

CEdit does not scroll automatically
Hi, I encountered a problem with CEdit. I found it can not scroll automatically even I set ES_AUTOHSCROLL on it. I compiled the code by using VC6 on a W2k pro machine. After the field is full, I can not input anything. But if I compile the code with VC97, the field will scroll correctly. Do you guys know the reason? Thanks, Zmfc >I encountered a problem with CEdit. I found it can not scroll automatically >even I set ES_AUTOHSCROLL on it. I compiled the code by using VC6 on a W2k >pro machine. After the field is full, I can not input anything. But if I >compile the code w...

Enabling DSP plugin in WMP12 fails to repeat playing a media file
I created a video dsp plugin by VS 2005 and MS SDK 6.1. It can be registered in WMP12 (windows 7) and working fine. However, when I click stop and click play to re-start playing a media file, WMP always returns with error "Can not process the request". If I set playback mode to "Repeat", WMP still fails to re-play the file. I doubted that there was some errors in my plugin codes but I created another video dsp plugin by the wizard and just built it without any modification, the result was the same. Please help me... thanks. For WMP,SDK,etc,go to http://msdn.mic...

Folder-Link Icon in Outlook 2003
In the past (Outlook XP and before) I could distinguish between a regular Folder and a Folder-Link (.xnk file). Their icons were different. In Outlook 2003 a Folder-Link icon looks exactly the same as a Folder icon. Is they any way I can influence the look of Folder Link icons ? You can change the xnk-file icon association by going to Control Panel-> Folder Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Arie Blonk" <Arie Blonk@discussio...

Cannot include windows.h....
Hey, I'm running Visual Studio .NET 2005 Professional, default installation. I've somehow screwed over the paths for VS. I cannot compile or link anything (VC++), it simply reports that it cannot find the file (standard files, like mfc headers and even windows.h). I've tried adding INCLUDE/LIB environment variables manually, used the batch file provided with VS to do it automatically, deleting my VS settings file, etc. The only thing that seems to work is resetting the Visual Studio settings (Tools->Import and Export Settings->Reset all) and I am able to compile and li...

Adding Comments From Cells To Chart Points.
Hi all I have spent a large portion of my weekend trying to find the answer to this. Without much luck! I have finally come up with my own code and was hoping someone could have a look at it. I'm looking to clean it up and make it a little more efficient. Thanks in advance, Greg. Sub AddCommentsToChartPoints() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ct As ChartObject Dim serSeries As SeriesCollection Dim ser As Series Dim Counter As Integer Dim ChartName As String Dim xVals As String Dim xAddress As String 'Loop through each worksheet in workbook For Each ws In Worksheets 'Lo...

Adding Signature on replies
In Outlook 2000 when I was replying to an email and I wanted to add my signature I could simply go insert->signature and it would appear in the email message. In Outlook 2003 I seem to only be able to always have a signature or no signature, there doesn't appear to be a way add the signature on demand. The closest I found was Insert->Auto Text->Signature but that only inserted my name, not my full "new message" signature. Just wondering if there is something I can configure to do this. Thanks In Advance, Jason WordMail does not include an Insert | Signature command...

Open hyperlinks in new window as default?
I'm using Word '03 to compose for a blog and generally would like all links to open in new windows. Currently I have to set this for each individual link. Is there a way to spec it as the default? Thanks, Paul -- Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14. http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/ On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:22:41 -0500, Paul B wrote: > I'm using Word '03 to compose for a blog and generally would like > all links to open in new windows. Currently I...

How do I Print Two Receipts automatically from POS
-- Thanks so much, Deb In the manager program go to Database>Registers>Receipt Formats Highlight your receipt and click properties. Click the properties button beside Sales. Under the receipt count listing, change it to 2. Click okay or save the new template if you like. It'll ask if you want to apply changes to all the transaction types, which is up to you. Now it should automatically print two copies of the receipts. "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A74F23C-9FC5-444D-B501-CBD0714F2F80@microsoft.com... > > -- > Thanks so muc...

Outlook Folder icons
Anyone know a good reason why the CRM 3 folders in MS Outlook don't have the same icons as the web based front end? Outlook supports other graphical folders for the standard folders so why not replicate the nice icons from the web front end of CRM in outlook? I noticed you can't change the folder icon properties through right clicking etc... Even though it took them a couple of years to upgrade to 3 it seems they have missed a lot of the obvious/basics. Shame. Cheers Gregg My understanding is that this is a limitation in Outlook that is not easily overcome. -- Matt Parks M...