How to move music from flash drive

Help! I have an HP Pavilion laptop with Vista (unfortunately) and want to
move my music files to my new Asus Netbook with XP via a flash drive. The
files show up in My Music but not in the Media Player Library, even after
several attempts, closing program and shutting down puter. I need very
specific directions and have nothing online to help so far.

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:15:01 -0800, geogypsy
<geogypsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Help! I have an HP Pavilion laptop with Vista (unfortunately) and want to
>move my music files to my new Asus Netbook with XP via a flash drive. The
>files show up in My Music but not in the Media Player Library, even after
>several attempts, closing program and shutting down puter. I need very
>specific directions and have nothing online to help so far.

Is the Monitored Folders list empty on the Netbook's version of WMP ?
Press F3 in media player to show the monitor Folders dialog to be
sure. Next, have a look at this article

Running those steps on the Netbook would be the first thing I'd try.

Out of interest, are you sing a slimmed down version of XP (BartPE or
similar) ? It's *possible* some WMP features might have been excluded
by the reduced disk image size when XP was slimmed down.

This process can include disabling services considered non-essential,
such as scanning the network for devices and files... just a thought.

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
0
Neil

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Exchange 2000

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

Microsoft Money on a Thumb Drive
Hello; Does any know if there is a way to put the Microsoft Money 2006 and data on a Thumb Drive so you can use it on any computer? -- Thanks Inquiring Minds ...

Moving .pst to new machine
Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily. I copied my .pst file and opened it on the new machine. I have my email, and my primary calendar but I am wondering where my additional calendars are located. What is the best way to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst? Also, what about Rules? Do they not get copied with the .pst? Lastly, how can I copy my BCM data to the new computer? Thanks for all your help. Interesting thing happened, just added a new appt to my calendar on the new machine, and suddenly my other calendars appeared. Very strang...

How to move a file?
When saving a document into a file I'd like to move the old version into a backup directory (and rename it using the date and time). Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. But does the OS have a way to move a file without copying? Pat Crowe wrote: > When saving a document into a file I'd > like to move the old version into a backup directory > (and rename it using the date and time). > Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. > > But does the OS have a way to move a file > without copying? You could try: BOOL MoveFileEx(LPCTSTR lpExistin...

moving from an older version to 2003
Hi, My old computer used Outlook 2000. The new one has 2003. How do I move the data from one PC to the other? Is it as simple as copying the *.pst file and opening it on the new PC? When I tried that it looked wrong because there were two sets of folders with the same names. Any help is appreciated. Phil That is the way I did it and it worked just fine. I then created a new 2003 format .pst and copied everything to it within Outlook 2003. Then I switched the folder under the Account settings to make the new .pst the folder to be used by 2003 and that worked fine also. "Phil&qu...

an email is stuck in my inbox
I was sent an email from a fellow co-worker that was simply asking me to call someone. I cannot delete this email or move it to another folder. I get "Unknown Error" when trying to delete. I would like to delete this email but I do not know how as I have tried all the normal ways already. One thing that helps us when we have a situation like this is to "sneak up on it." Select the mesage above it, hold down control, and click on the message following it. Now you can hit Delete on your keyboard. I hope this works for you! >-----Original Message----- >I w...

How to move CRM for Outlook database to different drive?
Is this possible? Would appreciate any help. Thanks! ...

New Server Hard Drive configuration
Been working with SBS since version 4.5 and with every server I have used the same hard drive configuration. My primary OS was mirrored on two hard drives and my Projects/Shared Information has been on RAID 5 drives. Is it good practice to keep the mirrored drives for the primary OS or is it ok to use a Raid 5 configuration? Thanks, Allen In my opinion, it is best to have the os mirrored. This way you can break the mirror before running updates or a service pack and if all goes wrong you can put the other drive back in. Glenn "Allen Wadsworth" <AllenWadsw...