How do i stop Media Player updating my library ?

Help ! I am so close to deleating media player forever......
I use media player to store and organize my music but i also use itunes to
download podcasts and store  my music files in mp3 format .
I want these to be kept seperatly
How can i stop media player grabbing all these files and updating them into
my library ? Doubling all my music tracks .

What version of WMP and Windows?

If WMP is automatically adding the podcasts to the library, then this
means that the iTunes podcasts folder is in WMP's monitored folders
list, or is a subfolder of one of the folders in this list. Removing the
concerning folder from that list should stop the podcasts from being added.

To view/edit the monitored folders list in WMP 11 or lower, press F3. In
WMP 12 on Windows 7, click Organize, and select Manage libraries - Music.

If you are not sure in which folder the podcasts are saved, right-click
a podcast in iTunes and select Show In Explorer.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

sparkydog wrote:
> Help ! I am so close to deleating media player forever......
> I use media player to store and organize my music but i also use itunes to
> download podcasts and store  my music files in mp3 format .
> I want these to be kept seperatly
> How can i stop media player grabbing all these files and updating them into
> my library ? Doubling all my music tracks .

0
Tim

Graphs in Other Files do not Update
Hi, I have a main file with graph (AP.xls) and several sub files with graphs that are linked to the main AP.xls file. The columns of the main file are in months and I often have to add new columns for a new month. I find that if I add new columns using copy => Insert copied cells (the column is inserted to the left of the column being copied), the graph within the AP.xls files is updated with the new column/month. HOWEVER, when i open the other sub files, they aren't updated. HOWEVER, if the sub files are opened together with the main AP.xls file, and I insert the new column, t...

UPDATE and SET w/ CAST (String Replace)
I have a text field column in SQL 2005 that contains HTML code. I would like to update certain references in this HTML code throughout, but am having problems. I know that I can't do a string replace with the text data type, which is why I would like to cast it as nvarchar(max). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. UPDATE HTML SET (Cast(HTMLData as nvarchar(max)) = REPLACE(HTMLData,'detail.cfm','detail.do') WHERE HTMLData like '%detail.cfm%' "Daniel Reardon" <danreardon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184770539.845716.315320@z24g2000prh.g...

update a date cell only when worksheet is edited
Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you This might help http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html Regards Rowan Joe Black wrote: > Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when > the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you ...

Hyperlinks in outlook messages open with media player
Hi, Whenever i try to click a hyperlink from an email in outlook it tries to upen it with media player. Any help on how i can resolve this would be helpful. ...

stops responding

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

Update attribute using ldp
Hi There, I have written an ldf script which creates few custom attributes and an auxilliary class which contains these custom attributes. Also this auxilliary class is part of Users and OrganizationalUnit classes. Now I want to update the values to the custom attributes. How do I do it using ldp? I can set values for the inbuilt attrbutes without any issues, however when I try to set the values for the custom attributes I get below error, Error 0x20B5 The name reference is invalid. Please advise. Thanks, Suresh -- sureshpalani ----------------------------...

recipient policy stopped working

WMP12 Always "Updateing Media Library".
Does anyone know if or when MS is going to fix this issue? OR Does anyone know of a current fix (other than going to WMP11) ? On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 08:34:02 -0800, RReid <RReid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if or when MS is going to fix this issue? >OR >Does anyone know of a current fix (other than going to WMP11) ? Sorry which issue do you mean ? It's impossible to tell from your description whay you're on about... Cheers - Neil ------------------------------------------------ Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009 http://mvp.support.micro...

Online updates only working with credit accounts?
I have been struggling to get my account set up with automatic updates in money 2006. I have set it up successfully for 2 credit card accounts. But, when I set up brokerage accounts, they appear to connect to my accounts but then say $0 (this occurred with 3 accounts: Etrade, Fidelity, anad Vanguard). I searched the help/ user guides but found nothing about this problem. My bank (Citizen's Bank) apparently does not allow for automatic updates. I checked to see if Citizen's bank was on the financial institution list before I downloaded the software, and it was, so I feel like...

I would Like to Receive the Windows Update Services for my Account
Thanks for your service... I would like to receive the Windows Updates for this acco unt at any time; please, take note about it. Thanks. -- FCAMPBELL01 Signatureship: ix/lc=1030 wcfla/lc=xxx-xx60310. fset/lc=xxx-xx25377. FCAMPBELL01 wrote: > Thanks for your service... I would like to receive the Windows > Updates for this acco > unt at any time; please, take note about it. I have taken note. Many others that are your peers likely will as well. However - I would bet the question would be, "Why should we care?" This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup - a foru...

calender updates
Any suggestions as to how I can update the calender in outlook 2002 xp to show bank holidays for years 2007/8/9pls ??? Thx Dale Dale <nothere@blueyon.com> wrote: > Any suggestions as to how I can update the calender in outlook 2002 > xp to show bank holidays for years 2007/8/9pls ??? See if this helps: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

BEFORE UPDATE EVENT
Hi, I am very fascinated with the control one can have over what goes in by the use of the BEFORE UPDATE EVENT of a control on a form or the form itself. Unfortunately, I do not have the proper knowledge of how to use the procedure so that I do not get error messages when I am entering data. Can anyone recommend a good article I can read to get my feet wet? -- Glint On Oct 30, 11:34 am, Glint <Gl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am very fascinated with the control one can have over what goes in by the > use of the BEFORE UPDATE EVENT of a control on a form or...

update query for continous form
Hello, with the following code i am trying to uncheck a box on my continous form as it's closing and this does not work. my recordsource is ProdHistory and in that table the record that i need to disselect everytime the form closes is Select. can anyone help? Private Sub Form_Close() DoCmd.SetWarnings False If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False 'Save first. strSQL = "UPDATE ProdHistory SET Select = false " & _ "WHERE Select = true;" DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL Me.requery DoCmd.SetWarnings True End Sub Will wrote: >with the follo...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Update dynamicly a query field formula
Hi All,Is it possible to update a query formula by vba code?for now i found a solution by just building a dynamic query,but iprefer to have an option to update just one field with new formulafrom time to time,is it posible?...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

Unable to update free/busy data
A user received the following error message when using the calendar feature: "unable to update free/busy data. Operation failed." According to microsoft knowledge base there is a fix they have been testing. Does anyone know if this fix costs anything or if there is another workaround this error message." ...

Unable to Update Public Free/Busy Data...
Hi All, my users all of a sudden started getting the following pop ups on their outlook 2000 client, running on exchange 2003. "unable to update public free/busy data. the contents of this public folder are currently unavalable. either the microsoft exchange server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site. see your administrator." i have to local exchange servers and two remote exchange servers, all set to replicate. kb articles from microsoft only refer to issues on exchange 5.5 any help would be appreciated El....

Removable media drive
Running W7 on x64 HP Pavilion PC. Just installed an HP 1TB media drive in the media slot. Every time the PC awakes from 'sleep', it re-finds the media(J:) and tries to load the pictures stored there. Also use this for backup so more than pic there. I turned off the autoplay so now it asks me what to do for "Autoplay dialog". What do I need to do to ignore that drive(J:) since it is never actually removed. -- DanR On 5/12/2010 4:02 PM, DanR wrote: > > Running W7 on x64 HP Pavilion PC. Just installed an HP 1TB media drive > in the media slot. E...

does a querry update a table
I have just created another querry in my database, which has currency values of parts which have been shipped. Previously I didn't have this querry, but now I do, and I have noticed that the value which is in the said querry feild does not update the main table I have. In reality I suppose it can't at the moment, so how do I get this to happen. To build the querry I added feilds from the main table and feilds from a newly created table by using INNER JOIN to get the a calculation of data. It is this calculated dated I want to go in a feild in the main form. Thanks Bob H...