How do i stop Media Player updating my library ?

  • Follow

Help ! I am so close to deleating media player forever......
I use media player to store and organize my music but i also use itunes to
download podcasts and store  my music files in mp3 format .
I want these to be kept seperatly
How can i stop media player grabbing all these files and updating them into
my library ? Doubling all my music tracks .
0
Reply Utf 3/9/2010 6:07:02 PM

What version of WMP and Windows?

If WMP is automatically adding the podcasts to the library, then this
means that the iTunes podcasts folder is in WMP's monitored folders
list, or is a subfolder of one of the folders in this list. Removing the
concerning folder from that list should stop the podcasts from being added.

To view/edit the monitored folders list in WMP 11 or lower, press F3. In
WMP 12 on Windows 7, click Organize, and select Manage libraries - Music.

If you are not sure in which folder the podcasts are saved, right-click
a podcast in iTunes and select Show In Explorer.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

sparkydog wrote:
> Help ! I am so close to deleating media player forever......
> I use media player to store and organize my music but i also use itunes to
> download podcasts and store  my music files in mp3 format .
> I want these to be kept seperatly
> How can i stop media player grabbing all these files and updating them into
> my library ? Doubling all my music tracks .

0
Reply Tim 3/10/2010 4:06:51 PM

(page loaded in 0.027 seconds)

Reply: