DVD decoder not installed....

Follow
Email
Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is
not installed on your computer. I am getting this error message on my
daughters computer but do not get it on mine. I do not remember buying a
decoder for mine though. Is there a download for one?
thanks,
Lara
0
Reply Utf 12/26/2009 2:49:01 AM

  Most require a fee for use.If you have an ATI video card,they have a free
 download decoder,nvidia charges for it.You can get DVD decoder software
 from WM list at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/plugins.aspx
 Or try downloads.com for a free temp. one.

"no.1nailgirl" wrote:

> Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is
> not installed on your computer. I am getting this error message on my
> daughters computer but do not get it on mine. I do not remember buying a
> decoder for mine though. Is there a download for one?
> thanks,
> Lara
0
Reply Utf 12/26/2009 3:46:01 AM
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 18:49:01 -0800, no.1nailgirl
<no.1nailgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is
>not installed on your computer. I am getting this error message on my
>daughters computer but do not get it on mine. I do not remember buying a
>decoder for mine though. Is there a download for one?

Vista home premuim and ultimate came with DVD decoders as part of the
purchase price, but not Home Basic or any version of XP other than
media center edition.

You can get a 21 or 30 day trial version from NVidia or Elecard, both
of which are known to work well with media player 11 :

http://www.nvidia.com/object/dvd_decoder.html
http://www.elecard.com/products/products-pc/consumer/mpeg2-plugin-wmp/
(Elecard link seems down at 6:40PM 27 Dec)

After the trial expires, you'd need to purchase one of those or you'd
lose DVD video on playback.

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
0
Reply Neil 12/27/2009 6:41:03 PM
Follow
Email

Total Gym Blast Vol. 1&amp;2 Series DVD Set
Price:$65.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000PQKKQS Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000PQKKQS Rev 'em up fast and furious. Each of these tough, challenging, progressive workouts is an intense 15-minute muscle isolation superset targeting Abs, Back/Chest, Shoulders, Biceps/Triceps, Buns & Legs. Focus on a different key muscle group each day or through the course of each day. Within a week, you'll get a fun and memorable full body workout. Before you know it, you'll see and feel results. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Total Gym 1700 Clu...

Business Portal installation error
We've tried to install Business Portal 2.0 and had this error "Unable to validate backoffice data". Does any one know how to tackle this. It is a 2003 server box with .NET, Sharepoint installed Peter, I have seen this error come up when you have a mismatch between the number of companies listed in the Company Master (SY01500), the DU000020, and the DB_Upgrade Table. All three of these tables are located in the DYNAMICS database. Perform a select statement on the SY01500 and make sure to note each company listed, its company ID, and the Interid (Database Name). Then ...

Need Advice for Re installation
I am using Microsoft Office Professional 2003. I have been using this upgrade for about 4 years. Lately I have been having issues with it and decided to uninstall and reinstall it. Prior to 2003 version upgrade, I was using Office 2000. Obviously, 2000 is not installed on my computer. I had disc 1 & 2 of Office 2000 saved in the event I needed to do a reinstallation of 2003 UPGRADE. In checking my 2000 disc I see that disc # 2 which is the disk I need in order to be able to install 2003 UPGRADE has a crack through the disc and it cannot be read for verification as needed ...

Installing SQL Server and GP on separate servers/machines
Possible? We have SQL Server 2005 and GP 10.0 Aman, There is no requirement to install the GP application on the same machine as the SQL server. You just need to have the GP application 'server' type installation on at least one workstation. That said, there are many times when it really helps troubleshooting to have the GP application installed directly on the SQL server. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Aman" <mohammed.aman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3759f7d7-5993...

Only one tool: Rip a DVD, convert video, backup iPod, make iPhone Ringtone
This guide aims to show you how to rip a DVD, convert video and transfer music between iPod and computer/two iPod, make your own iPhone ringtone.All you need is [URL="http://www.mobi32.com/DVD-Tools/Aiseesoft-DVD-Software-Toolkit.html"][B]Aiseesoft DVD Software Toolkit[/B][/URL]It includes 4 parts:[B]Part 1. How to rip DVD to iPod/iPhone/Sansa/PSP/Zune and other MP4 and MP3 Players. [/B][B]Part 2. How to convert all video to MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP, WMV, MOV, MPG, RM, RMVB, MKV, VOB?[/B][B]Part 3. How to transfer music from iPod to computer, computer to iPod, iPod to iPod. [/B][B]Part 4. ...

can not install ac97 codec driver
i'm using win xp sp3. I just had to reinstall o/s. did all my updates. Everything updated fine except the ac 97 codec driver. I also tried to use the mobo disk and keep getting error, can not install. Any one have a game plan for me? Thank you. Phil wrote: > i'm using win xp sp3. I just had to reinstall o/s. did all my updates. > Everything updated fine except the ac 97 codec driver. I also tried to use > the mobo disk and keep getting error, can not install. Any one have a game > plan for me? > > Thank you. Is the AC'97 enabled in the BIOS...

How to convert and rip music from DVD to iPod with with DVD Ripper
[url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/how-to-convert-rip-dvd-audio-to-mp3.html][b]How to convert and rip music from DVD to iPod with with DVD Ripper?[/b][/url][url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/dvd-ripper.html][b]Joboshare DVD Ripper[/b][/url] is professional DVD Ripper software, which can rip DVD to MP4, rip DVD to AVI and almost all other video and audio formats including [b]AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, H.264/AVC, RM, MOV, XviD, 3GP, FLV, VOB, ASF, DV, MP3, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG,[/b] etc. with the highest DVD ripping speed and the best quality.[b]Guide: How to convert and rip music fro...

Can not install Updates
For the last few weeks my laptop has been asking me to install updates but when I shut it down to finish installing, the next time i turn it on it takes ages saying 1 of 3 updates installing then says cannot install updates reverting changes. I have several failed updates in my history these are a few: KB977816 KB978338 KB973917 Update for Windows Vista (KB973917) Error details: Code 80071AA7 Does anyone know how to fix this problem please. Thanks Suggest you contact MS for no-charge support in getting both KB977816 and KB978338 installed as they are Security updates:...

DVD not appearing on My Computer
I have recently fixed my laptop (Dell XPS M140) after some virus schenanigans. Now some settings are changed for a particular user (admin setting). The CD/DVD drive is not show up on My Computer. It does show up on the Device Manager and the driver is updated and it swears that it is enabled and ready to go. I can put in an audio CD and have it recognized in itunes. But any other software CD is not recognized and does not load. I then signed onto the original administrator account and there is no problem with any type of CD/DVD. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to f...

outlook installation failed, and reinstall doesn't work!!!
Hi, I've just try to install the outlook client The installation has failed. Now when I try to reinstall it, the system detect that CRM is allready installed, but there is nothing! the product is NOT installed. If I try to uninstall it (from the msi file) the setup says: the product is not installed! so... I can't do anything now! any idea? thanks. Jerome. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.600 / Virus Database: 381 - Release Date: 2004-02-28 ok I've found the solution: removing the MSCRM key...

cd/dvd drive not detected
So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing that worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine there. I don't know what else to do, please help. -- raysmith Have you tried going to the makers website and getting the latest firmware for it? Flash it with that and...

MSCRM3 install
Hi, I've installed CRM3.0 with SQL2000 on a server. CRM3 installed the reporting service. However only the local administrator can access CRM.Any other user including members of domain admin group get the left side of the CRM screen but an exception in the right window. System.Net.Webexception. The underlying connection was closed. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Windows Security Update Failed Install
Unable to install security update after many attempts. Looking for suggestions. Error Code: 0x80070663 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 ..Netframework versions installed are: 1.1.4322.2463 2.0.50727.3603 WinVer: XP Pro/ V 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514: Service Pack 3) 32 Bit 0x80070663 ERROR_PATCH_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify t...

Any issues with installing VS2008Pro on Win 7x64?
I have been using Google to search for this, but have found a few issues only with the beta version of Windows 7; however, no mention is made if it is x32 or x64. I will be installing VS2008Pro on a PC with Win 7 x64. Does any one know if there are any gotchas I should be on the look out for? Thanks! Saga "Saga" <antiSpam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OFiMtt3oKHA.5776@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have been using Google to search for this, but have found a few issues > only with the beta version of Windows 7; however, no mention is made > if it is...

Can I view an excell document without excell (not installed wit.
Can I view an excell document without excell which for some unknown reason is not provided with the xp home addition. ????? no excell in XP home edition wrote: > Can I view an excell document without excell which for some unknown reason is > not provided with the xp home addition. ????? www.openoffice.org - not only can you view an excel file, you can edit it and save it. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Excel is not and has never been included with any version of Windows OS. If you had it in the past, your seller...

When I open outlk a popup said the add-in could not be install or
When I open my Office Outlook, a pop-up display a notice whis said The add-in "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\outscan.dll" could not be install or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. I try that a couple of times. This did not help. Please Help Render Render <Render@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I open my Office Outlook, a pop-up display a notice whis said > The add-in "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\outscan.dll" could not be > install or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and > Repair o...

Problems installing 2010 beta!
I downloaded the Office 2010 beta and when I go to install it on this XP Pro SP3 machine I get an error at the very beginning: "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." I selected the English 32bit version and my XP (32bit) is also English!!! I was unable to find any spot on the beta MS page to ask this question! Any insights welcome! Regards and TIA. Mobius -------- Office 2010 Beta Forums: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 "Mobius" <Mobius@do.not.respond> wrote in message news:...

Can't get four updates installed
I have Windows XP professional version 5.1 I have four updates that keep popping us as needing to be installed. I have "installed" them about 5 times now but they keep showing up again. Here is the list: KB974417 KB979909 KB982524 KB982168 Thanks Lori My operating system is Microsoft XP Professional Service Pack 3. I am having a very similar problem, except that this update will not install: KB979906 When the update process is finished, a box appears stating that the above update failed to install. When I attempt to re-install it, the above update ap...

How to convert DVD to AVI with Leawo DVD to AVI Converter?
Many people are trying to [url=http://www.leawo.com/dvd-to-avi-converter/][b]convert DVD to AVI[/b][/url] for data storage on their computer hard drive. And a lot more people are seeking for a [b][url=http://www.leawo.com/dvd-to-avi-converter/]DVD to AVI[/url][/b] Converter to convert DVD to AVI for video edit. Thus they can upload them to YouTube or MySpace for friends to see. Definitely, they don&rsquo;t want their video to be reduced in quality, so a DVD to AVI converter software with best output quality will be their bad need! What about Leawo DVD to AVI Converter? Is it the right ...

Dvd/Cdrw not recognized?
I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop.I am running windows xp professional.I was running a cd drive perfectly, when I took a cdrw/dvd from another Dell Inspiron 5000 and installed it in my laptop it does not recognize any hardware for new dvd drive anywhere. I have tried mr.fix it,3hrs and no result. I have tried the registry fix, did not work. I have looked for a driver, none found. Please tell me if it is possible to have a dvd cdrw while running xp professional? If so HOW! Please help! =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?= <PaulG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A73F7A24-A427-4...

Blank DVD disk not recognized by Windows Explorer
(Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) If this is not the correct newsgroup, please redirect me. About once a month I backup many files onto a blank DVD disk. Currently, if I insert one of those partially full DVDs into my drive-E, it is recognized and everything works normally. When I started my January backup two days ago I find that if I insert a blank DVD Windows Explorer does not recognize it, and tells me to insert a disk. If I then again click on the drive-E, the hour-glass curser appears for several minutes, but nothin...

Installation problem money 2006
I have IE 8 on my Windows XP system. Every time I try to run setup for my money program, it gets an error about installing IE6 & aborts. I tried installing IE6 (probably can't have both on the computer at once, I don't know), and the error is that I have a newer version and cannot install the older one. It seems that when I installed the standard version of money, I had not yet installed the IE8, but I cannot remember. I've only had IE8 for a few months. Anyone able to tell me the easiest way to solve this? I have a dual boot system, and Win 98 is instal...

Sql Reporting Installation Guide
HI Friends, Please anybody help me and provide footprint of installation of Sql Reporting Services 2005 for MS CRM 3.0 because when I have installed Sql Reporting Services 2005 that is not working properly.Please suggest me how to install Sql Reporting Services 2005 for Ms CRM 3.0. Thanks Deepak Gupta CRM 3.0 only support SRS 2000, and you will need to develop SRS Reports with VS2003... I dont think that is correct Dodd? I am sure I had 2005 SSRS on my CRM 3.0 install before i upgraded to 4.0 "Dodd" <MDoddio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1fa577bf-858c-45f3-b01e-8dfd...

Installation & Configuration exam CRM 1.2
Hi all, I am a Dot Net Professional with total 5 years of experience in IT industry and 2+ years in .NET, I have been asked to clear Installation and Configuration CRM exam, in a span of 3 weeks. I have never got any working experience in CRM and this is the first time I am facing Microsoft Certification. Will it be easier for me to read some materials or some online tutorials and clear the exam? Is there any best way to clear the exam with good scores? Please let me know as its quite urgent!! - Affy If I was you - I'd be downloading the CRM trial software and installing it into a vir...

Install driver from inf file
I'm trying to manual install a driver from FTDI (FTD2XX) like this: ///inf file [DefaultInstall] CopyFiles=FTD2XX.Files.Ext, FTD2XX.Files.Dll, FTD2XX.Files.Exe AddReg=FTD2XX.AddReg, FTD2XX.UnInst // Code // works, i get my inf under Windows\inf\oemxx.inf SetupCopyOEMInf("c:\\ftdi\\ftd2xx.inf", "c:\\ftdi", SPOST_PATH,SP_COPY_NOOVERWRITE, NULL, 255, NULL, NULL); PVOID context; context = SetupInitDefaultQueueCallbackEx( NULL, // HWND of owner window NULL, // HWND of alternate progress dialog whichreceives -- for example ...