Trying to create a platform for AMD SC520 board

Please Help!!!!!

I have an AMD SC520 Single Board computer with an Intel 82559 Ethernet 
controller, 4 serial ports and an IDE port.   I am trying to build a headless 
system with Windows CE 5.0.  
My understanding is that the SC520 is very similar to a 586, so it should be 
compatible with the included drivers. The board manufacturer did not provide 
a BSP.  There doesn't seem to be any BSPs on the Microsoft Embedded site 
either.

I started with a general Headless CEPC outline I have used before.  My 
initial headless load was spitting out a message on COM1.   I have since 
rebuilt the image and the message no longer appears????  I have no idea why.


I also tried to build a basic CEPC with video, mouse and keyboard thinking 
that maybe I can poke around and see what is wrong.  The catalog items for 
that build are shown below.  This build just brings me to a black screen as 
well.

I need to get this running as soon as possible!!!!

The catalog items are:

Applications
   Help
   Terminal Emulator
   Word Pad

Apllications and Services
   C Libraries and Runtimes
      all

   Component Services
      minimal com
   XML
      MSXML 3.0
        XML Minimal Parser

Communication Services
   Networking - Local Area Network
      Wired Local Area Network
   Networking Features
   
      NDIS User-mode I/o
      Network Driver Architecture
	Network Utilities
 	TCP/IP
      Winsock Support

   Servers
      Core server support
      FTP Server
      Telnet Server
      Webserver

File Systems and Data Store
    Compression
    Database Support
    Hive Based Registry
    RAM and ROM File System
    Storage Manager
       CD/UDFS
       FAT File System
       Partition Driver
    System Password
Graphics
   Gradient Fill Support
International
    National Language Support
Internet Client Services
   Internet Explorer 6.0 for Windows CE
   Pocket Internet Explorer
Security
   Cryptography Services
Shell and User Interface
   Graphics
      Minimal GDI
      Minimal GWES
      Minimal Input 
      Minimal Windows Manager Config
   Shell
      AYGSHell API
      Command Shell
         Command Processor 
         Console Window
   User Interface
      Common Controls
         Common Control 
      Common Dialog Support
      Control Panel Applets
      Mouse
      Network User Interface

Device Drivers
   Display
      VGA Linear Framebuffer
   Input Devices
      8042 Keyboard Mouse
   PC Card
      TI PC CArd
   PCI BUS
     
   Serial
      COM 16550
      COM CARD

   Storage Devices
      Storage Devices  


E100ce.dll was added manually to the registry and the .BIB file   

0
Utf
7/1/2010 8:07:58 PM
windowsce.platbuilder 744 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
966 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 16

You really need the debug output to find out what is going wrong.
It's best to start with one of the reference designs. Once the os is 
running, you can add and remove components to furfill your needs.

I would try an image without hive based registry first. The hive based 
registry can be a source of problems when it's not properly configured.

Another issue can be the comport settings in the platform bios setup. If you 
are connected to the wrong connector you obiously won't see debug output.

Bios legacy usb support is also a source of problems. Make sure you disable 
it and use a ps/2 mouse and keyboard to start with.

What method are you using to launch the os? Loadcepc or the biosloader?


"knk53" <knk53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:38FFE0E9-24F9-476F-B62E-BBF5A69ACFE1@microsoft.com...
>
> Please Help!!!!!
>
> I have an AMD SC520 Single Board computer with an Intel 82559 Ethernet
> controller, 4 serial ports and an IDE port.   I am trying to build a 
> headless
> system with Windows CE 5.0.
> My understanding is that the SC520 is very similar to a 586, so it should 
> be
> compatible with the included drivers. The board manufacturer did not 
> provide
> a BSP.  There doesn't seem to be any BSPs on the Microsoft Embedded site
> either.
>
> I started with a general Headless CEPC outline I have used before.  My
> initial headless load was spitting out a message on COM1.   I have since
> rebuilt the image and the message no longer appears????  I have no idea 
> why.
>
>
> I also tried to build a basic CEPC with video, mouse and keyboard thinking
> that maybe I can poke around and see what is wrong.  The catalog items for
> that build are shown below.  This build just brings me to a black screen 
> as
> well.
>
> I need to get this running as soon as possible!!!!
>
> The catalog items are:
>
> Applications
>   Help
>   Terminal Emulator
>   Word Pad
>
> Apllications and Services
>   C Libraries and Runtimes
>      all
>
>   Component Services
>      minimal com
>   XML
>      MSXML 3.0
>        XML Minimal Parser
>
> Communication Services
>   Networking - Local Area Network
>      Wired Local Area Network
>   Networking Features
>
>      NDIS User-mode I/o
>      Network Driver Architecture
> Network Utilities
>  TCP/IP
>      Winsock Support
>
>   Servers
>      Core server support
>      FTP Server
>      Telnet Server
>      Webserver
>
> File Systems and Data Store
>    Compression
>    Database Support
>    Hive Based Registry
>    RAM and ROM File System
>    Storage Manager
>       CD/UDFS
>       FAT File System
>       Partition Driver
>    System Password
> Graphics
>   Gradient Fill Support
> International
>    National Language Support
> Internet Client Services
>   Internet Explorer 6.0 for Windows CE
>   Pocket Internet Explorer
> Security
>   Cryptography Services
> Shell and User Interface
>   Graphics
>      Minimal GDI
>      Minimal GWES
>      Minimal Input
>      Minimal Windows Manager Config
>   Shell
>      AYGSHell API
>      Command Shell
>         Command Processor
>         Console Window
>   User Interface
>      Common Controls
>         Common Control
>      Common Dialog Support
>      Control Panel Applets
>      Mouse
>      Network User Interface
>
> Device Drivers
>   Display
>      VGA Linear Framebuffer
>   Input Devices
>      8042 Keyboard Mouse
>   PC Card
>      TI PC CArd
>   PCI BUS
>
>   Serial
>      COM 16550
>      COM CARD
>
>   Storage Devices
>      Storage Devices
>
>
> E100ce.dll was added manually to the registry and the .BIB file
>
> 


0
obcd
7/2/2010 11:00:15 AM
I am trying to use LOADCEPC.   I was able to find an old Windows 3.0 support 
kit for an AMD sc520.  They completely redid the bootloader.   I may have to 
try a different board at this point.

Ken

"obcd" wrote:

> You really need the debug output to find out what is going wrong.
> It's best to start with one of the reference designs. Once the os is 
> running, you can add and remove components to furfill your needs.
> 
> I would try an image without hive based registry first. The hive based 
> registry can be a source of problems when it's not properly configured.
> 
> Another issue can be the comport settings in the platform bios setup. If you 
> are connected to the wrong connector you obiously won't see debug output.
> 
> Bios legacy usb support is also a source of problems. Make sure you disable 
> it and use a ps/2 mouse and keyboard to start with.
> 
> What method are you using to launch the os? Loadcepc or the biosloader?
> 
> 
> "knk53" <knk53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:38FFE0E9-24F9-476F-B62E-BBF5A69ACFE1@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Please Help!!!!!
> >
> > I have an AMD SC520 Single Board computer with an Intel 82559 Ethernet
> > controller, 4 serial ports and an IDE port.   I am trying to build a 
> > headless
> > system with Windows CE 5.0.
> > My understanding is that the SC520 is very similar to a 586, so it should 
> > be
> > compatible with the included drivers. The board manufacturer did not 
> > provide
> > a BSP.  There doesn't seem to be any BSPs on the Microsoft Embedded site
> > either.
> >
> > I started with a general Headless CEPC outline I have used before.  My
> > initial headless load was spitting out a message on COM1.   I have since
> > rebuilt the image and the message no longer appears????  I have no idea 
> > why.
> >
> >
> > I also tried to build a basic CEPC with video, mouse and keyboard thinking
> > that maybe I can poke around and see what is wrong.  The catalog items for
> > that build are shown below.  This build just brings me to a black screen 
> > as
> > well.
> >
> > I need to get this running as soon as possible!!!!
> >
> > The catalog items are:
> >
> > Applications
> >   Help
> >   Terminal Emulator
> >   Word Pad
> >
> > Apllications and Services
> >   C Libraries and Runtimes
> >      all
> >
> >   Component Services
> >      minimal com
> >   XML
> >      MSXML 3.0
> >        XML Minimal Parser
> >
> > Communication Services
> >   Networking - Local Area Network
> >      Wired Local Area Network
> >   Networking Features
> >
> >      NDIS User-mode I/o
> >      Network Driver Architecture
> > Network Utilities
> >  TCP/IP
> >      Winsock Support
> >
> >   Servers
> >      Core server support
> >      FTP Server
> >      Telnet Server
> >      Webserver
> >
> > File Systems and Data Store
> >    Compression
> >    Database Support
> >    Hive Based Registry
> >    RAM and ROM File System
> >    Storage Manager
> >       CD/UDFS
> >       FAT File System
> >       Partition Driver
> >    System Password
> > Graphics
> >   Gradient Fill Support
> > International
> >    National Language Support
> > Internet Client Services
> >   Internet Explorer 6.0 for Windows CE
> >   Pocket Internet Explorer
> > Security
> >   Cryptography Services
> > Shell and User Interface
> >   Graphics
> >      Minimal GDI
> >      Minimal GWES
> >      Minimal Input
> >      Minimal Windows Manager Config
> >   Shell
> >      AYGSHell API
> >      Command Shell
> >         Command Processor
> >         Console Window
> >   User Interface
> >      Common Controls
> >         Common Control
> >      Common Dialog Support
> >      Control Panel Applets
> >      Mouse
> >      Network User Interface
> >
> > Device Drivers
> >   Display
> >      VGA Linear Framebuffer
> >   Input Devices
> >      8042 Keyboard Mouse
> >   PC Card
> >      TI PC CArd
> >   PCI BUS
> >
> >   Serial
> >      COM 16550
> >      COM CARD
> >
> >   Storage Devices
> >      Storage Devices
> >
> >
> > E100ce.dll was added manually to the registry and the .BIB file
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
7/2/2010 12:38:38 PM
If you are in a hurry to get things running, you better find a board with a 
bsp for windows ce so that you can concentrate on the application 
development. If you still have a large amount of those boards in stock, it's 
another story.


"knk53" <knk53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D94AB050-5FEC-409F-9DEB-2ABB0B55D869@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to use LOADCEPC.   I was able to find an old Windows 3.0 
>support
> kit for an AMD sc520.  They completely redid the bootloader.   I may have 
> to
> try a different board at this point.
>
> Ken
>
> "obcd" wrote:
>
>> You really need the debug output to find out what is going wrong.
>> It's best to start with one of the reference designs. Once the os is
>> running, you can add and remove components to furfill your needs.
>>
>> I would try an image without hive based registry first. The hive based
>> registry can be a source of problems when it's not properly configured.
>>
>> Another issue can be the comport settings in the platform bios setup. If 
>> you
>> are connected to the wrong connector you obiously won't see debug output.
>>
>> Bios legacy usb support is also a source of problems. Make sure you 
>> disable
>> it and use a ps/2 mouse and keyboard to start with.
>>
>> What method are you using to launch the os? Loadcepc or the biosloader?
>>
>>
>> "knk53" <knk53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:38FFE0E9-24F9-476F-B62E-BBF5A69ACFE1@microsoft.com...
>> >
>> > Please Help!!!!!
>> >
>> > I have an AMD SC520 Single Board computer with an Intel 82559 Ethernet
>> > controller, 4 serial ports and an IDE port.   I am trying to build a
>> > headless
>> > system with Windows CE 5.0.
>> > My understanding is that the SC520 is very similar to a 586, so it 
>> > should
>> > be
>> > compatible with the included drivers. The board manufacturer did not
>> > provide
>> > a BSP.  There doesn't seem to be any BSPs on the Microsoft Embedded 
>> > site
>> > either.
>> >
>> > I started with a general Headless CEPC outline I have used before.  My
>> > initial headless load was spitting out a message on COM1.   I have 
>> > since
>> > rebuilt the image and the message no longer appears????  I have no idea
>> > why.
>> >
>> >
>> > I also tried to build a basic CEPC with video, mouse and keyboard 
>> > thinking
>> > that maybe I can poke around and see what is wrong.  The catalog items 
>> > for
>> > that build are shown below.  This build just brings me to a black 
>> > screen
>> > as
>> > well.
>> >
>> > I need to get this running as soon as possible!!!!
>> >
>> > The catalog items are:
>> >
>> > Applications
>> >   Help
>> >   Terminal Emulator
>> >   Word Pad
>> >
>> > Apllications and Services
>> >   C Libraries and Runtimes
>> >      all
>> >
>> >   Component Services
>> >      minimal com
>> >   XML
>> >      MSXML 3.0
>> >        XML Minimal Parser
>> >
>> > Communication Services
>> >   Networking - Local Area Network
>> >      Wired Local Area Network
>> >   Networking Features
>> >
>> >      NDIS User-mode I/o
>> >      Network Driver Architecture
>> > Network Utilities
>> >  TCP/IP
>> >      Winsock Support
>> >
>> >   Servers
>> >      Core server support
>> >      FTP Server
>> >      Telnet Server
>> >      Webserver
>> >
>> > File Systems and Data Store
>> >    Compression
>> >    Database Support
>> >    Hive Based Registry
>> >    RAM and ROM File System
>> >    Storage Manager
>> >       CD/UDFS
>> >       FAT File System
>> >       Partition Driver
>> >    System Password
>> > Graphics
>> >   Gradient Fill Support
>> > International
>> >    National Language Support
>> > Internet Client Services
>> >   Internet Explorer 6.0 for Windows CE
>> >   Pocket Internet Explorer
>> > Security
>> >   Cryptography Services
>> > Shell and User Interface
>> >   Graphics
>> >      Minimal GDI
>> >      Minimal GWES
>> >      Minimal Input
>> >      Minimal Windows Manager Config
>> >   Shell
>> >      AYGSHell API
>> >      Command Shell
>> >         Command Processor
>> >         Console Window
>> >   User Interface
>> >      Common Controls
>> >         Common Control
>> >      Common Dialog Support
>> >      Control Panel Applets
>> >      Mouse
>> >      Network User Interface
>> >
>> > Device Drivers
>> >   Display
>> >      VGA Linear Framebuffer
>> >   Input Devices
>> >      8042 Keyboard Mouse
>> >   PC Card
>> >      TI PC CArd
>> >   PCI BUS
>> >
>> >   Serial
>> >      COM 16550
>> >      COM CARD
>> >
>> >   Storage Devices
>> >      Storage Devices
>> >
>> >
>> > E100ce.dll was added manually to the registry and the .BIB file
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
obcd
7/2/2010 3:31:35 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Quick creating of an account
I am trying to customize the form Quick creating of an account. But I can`t find the correct form. Does anyone know where I can find it? I have been in Account in Customize Entities without any result... In my experience there is no way how to do this, but if anyone had an idea (supported or not) let me know. Regards -- if it all works without errors then where is the challange? "Martin" wrote: > I am trying to customize the form Quick creating of an account. But I can`t > find the correct form. Does anyone know where I can find it? > I have been in Account in Custo...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Creating New Message Problem
When creating a new Message in Outlook 2003 and clicking on "To" all the field are blank. It doesn't show any Folders or contacts in the "Show Names from" drop down box. If I go to the Contacts area and select a contact I can send them a message no problem. I am using the older style of .PST file if that has any bearing. Perhaps you have failed to to select the option in Contact properties to show as an Outlook address book If by older style pst you mean one created in an earlier version, why have you not created a new unicode pst that doesnt have the size limitat...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

How do I create a windows form that is an ellipse
Hi! Normally when you create a form it's shape is a rectangle. Now I want to create a windows form that is not a rectangle but an ellipse instead I wonder if anyone have some good example of code where this is done. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:ec84YWZ0KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > Normally when you create a form it's shape is a rectangle. > Now I want to create a windows form that is not a rectangle but an ellipse > instead > I wonder if anyone have some good ex...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

error message when trying to install WMP 10 or 11
My operating system is Windows XP Home Edition 2002. I'm trying to download either WMP 10 or 11 and I get a message saying it was not possible to complete setup, see webhelp for more assistance, however there is no additional information when I click Web help. the Error message is 8007F0DA. Can anyone help me? Thanks. On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:54:01 -0700, Nate <Nate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >My operating system is Windows XP Home Edition 2002. I'm trying to download >either WMP 10 or 11 and I get a message saying it was not possible to &g...

Dynamically creating entries in worksheets
Is it possible to dynamically create entries in a worksheet based on th entry in another worksheet? If so, can you point me in the righ direction. Thanks in advance -- kyoshid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kyoshida's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3167 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51371 This formula, in a cell in Sheet2, will return the value in cell A1 of Sheet1.... =Sheet1!A1 HTH Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "kyoshida" wrote: > > Is it po...

Creating lables in Excel
if I have a database created in Excel with Names, address, ect. can you create lables for mail outs like in Word? Excel alone is poorly suited for creating labels. Use Word's mailmerge with Excel or Access as the data source. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:35:01 -0700, Jessgolden143 <Jessgold...

error message when trying to delete messages in inbox
I cannot delete messages in my email inbox. When attempting to delete messages, Outlook says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I continue to get the message even though I restarted Outlook. My mail works fine, but I just cannot delete anything. Does someone know a solution? Can you delete them if you hold shift as you delete? How many items are in the deleted items folder? Are you using any type of AV scanner on the message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Creating a template
I am trying to create an HTML template with the subject line of: CSA and SEL HEALTH REPORT =date() and the message text of: Inventory health as of =date() is attached. I need my signature included as well. I do not know much about Outlook. The reason the template needs to be HTML is because I am trying to use the SendObject command in Access. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

how do I create more than 266 columns in an excel sheet?
My excel sheets have by default up to column IV (aprox. 266 columns). I need to insert more than this and also have problems with the option of "grouping" columns. When I have most of 266 columns in use and several "groupings", when I try to minimise them all (one by one), after a few, appears a warning pop up messge with a message "objects cannot be moved outside the sheet" and the action cannot be done (cannot mimise that group of columns and not anymore until I expand/ungroup others). The number of columns is limited to 256 columns. This cannot be incr...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

how to create a Lineweaver-Burke graph in Excel
I have to create a graph of enzyme inhibition values and I was told to use Lineweaver-Burke graph for this. the closest thing i have found is found here http://www.usm.maine.edu/~rhodes/Goodies/EnzKinNsr.html. yet i cant figure out how to plot. Create a column of the value "S" Create a column of Vo for experiment 1. Create a column of Vo for experiment 2, etc. Create your X values as 1/S. To be consistent with this example, make sure your units are the same. Calculate Y1 from Vo experiment 1 Calculate Y2 from Vo experiment 2. Start on that and come back when you have tha...

Creating combo boxes
This is how I have my spreadsheet set up: in Sheet 1, the leftmost row has every date between 7-1-06 and 6-30-07 in descending order, with the corresponding day of the week next to the dates. Columns to the right of this have numeric information pertaining to this date/day. I would like to make a combo box that has me select a day of the week, searches the spreadsheet, finds info for the dates that have that corresponding day, and pastes those rows of data on Sheet 2, where the combo box is kept. Assistance is appreciated. Thank you! >Columns to the right of this have >numeric ...

Problem trying to export e-mail messages
When I go into Windows Mail and export my messages, the export completes but then I go and the folders don't match my existing e-mail folders. There are folders showing which I had deleted months ago. Could it be a corrupt file? How can I just transfer the e-mail messages I need to a new PC with Windows 7? Thanks> Windows Mail uses internal mail folder names that may not correspond exactly to the folder name in the user interface. What are you doing with your Windows Mail messages in Windows 7? Windows Mail was not designed to run on Windows 7. --=20 Gary VanderMole...

Help in Creating Relationships in a table
Hi This is a follow to a previous question concerning relationships in a table. These are my tables I have in my database. Students StudentsID LastName FirstName HomeroomTeacher (ohter info relating to the student) Cases CaseNo_ID <PK> StudentID <FK> Categories CategoryID <PK> Category (e.g. School, Community, Individual, Peers, Family) Issues IssuesID <PK> Issues (text, e.g. lack of role models) CategoryID <FK> StudentIssues CaseNoID <link to Cases Table> IssuesID <Link to issues Table> ...

How does one create Spanish punctuation (upside-down exclamation .
I am trying to create a poster and flyer in Spanish and do not know how to configure the punctuation (ie the upside-down exclamation points and question marks). Please help! Insert, symbol -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Transplanted Yankee" <Transplanted Yankee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B244BAE0-2DC7-464D-83DC-DC6DABF8A65E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a poster and flyer in Spanish and do not know how to > configure the punctuation (ie the upside-down exclamat...

try/catch vs TRY/CATCH
Hi, What is in your opinion the preferred way of doing exception handling for MFC objects (such as the CFile)... the try/catch mechanism or the MFC based TRY/CATCH macros? Thanks Adeel Use try/catch. I don't recall what TRY/CATCH does but, basically, that was provided before VC++ had full support fro try/catch. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Adeel" <dontWantSpam@All> wrote in message news:ORLqQz3fGHA.4568@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > What is in your opinion the preferred way of doing exception handling for ...

Creating a General Inbox
Hi everyone, I wanted to know if there was a way to create a general Inbox in Outlook 2010. Multiple accounts in 2007 used to always go to a single Inbox (which I'm sure a lot of people found annoying, but I enjoyed it since it was a one stop shop for my e-mail). Thanks in advanced. Justin Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice SQL Server - Save Image To Database in .NET http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2bf7b290-615b-4a03-acb9-5307357e0fef/sql-server--save-image-t.aspx Justin Louie wrote: > I wanted to know if there was a way to...

How do I create If then statements
I am looking to create an if then statement to create an equation If b5 is greater than or equal to B17; then b5*f1 If b5 is less than b17 then b5*f2 Can anyone help me form this into an excel cell to calculate? Thank you Julie Niedfeldt Try this: =IF(B5<B17,B5*F2,B5*F1) HTH, Paul "Jniedfeldt" <Jniedfeldt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DD64FCD-F1F5-4816-8F46-891DB0A50846@microsoft.com... >I am looking to create an if then statement to create an equation > > If b5 is greater than or equal to B17; then b5*f1 > > If b5 is less than ...

Problem Creating Contract (Urgent Please
I have a strange problem creating a contract as illustrated in the code below, Unfortuantely the exception thrown by MS CRM is not very helpful. contract Create(Guid accountId) { account a = Service.Retrieve(EntityName.account.ToString(), accountId, new AllColumns()) as account; if (a == null) return null; contract con = new contract(); try { //ServiceTemplate function works! Lookup t = new Lookup(); t.type = EntityName.contracttemplate.ToString(); ...