aygshell.h

  • Follow

When I compile my projects with my SDK (Windows CE 6 based) this error
occurs:

[...] \Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ce\atlmfc\include\afxce.h(41) : fatal
error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'aygshell.h': No such file or
directory

How can I solve it?

Massimo

0
Reply QuantumUniverses 2/4/2010 1:56:57 PM

Hi Massimo,

You (or whoever produced your SDK) need to have included the "AYGShell
API Set" component in their OS configuration (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) before
building the SDK.

best regards,
Rik A
0
Reply Rik 2/4/2010 2:55:04 PM

On Feb 4, 1:57=A0pm, "QuantumUniverses" <quantumuniver...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> When I compile my projects with my SDK (Windows CE 6 based) this error
> occurs:
>
> [...] \Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ce\atlmfc\include\afxce.h(41) : fatal
> error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'aygshell.h': No such file or
> directory
>
> How can I solve it?
>
> Massimo

You can do one of two things:

1. Include AYGSHELL in your catalog items in Platformbuilder, but this
will push you up from "Core" license to "C6G" or "Pro" depending on
your type of device.

or...

2. You can create some dummy header files that fool MFC into thinking
that AYGSHELL is included in the platform (AYGSHELL is not actually
needed for most of MFC, but it still pulls in the headers). I have in
the past used the following as a dummy aygshell.h:

//Dummy header file needed to correctly build MFC applications without
AYGShell
//included in the OS Design. This include file is pulled in by
afxce.h, even
//when the SDK doesn't include the AYGShell component.

#ifndef __AYGSHELL_STUB_H__
#define __AYGSHELL_STUB_H__

//These definitions are needed for function prototypes in afxstat_.h
typedef struct tagSHMENUBARINFO
{
    DWORD cbSize;               // IN  - Indicates which members of
struct are valid
    HWND hwndParent;            // IN
    DWORD dwFlags;              // IN  - Some features we want
    UINT nToolBarId;            // IN  - Which toolbar are we using
    HINSTANCE hInstRes;         // IN  - Instance that owns the
resources
    int nBmpId;
    int cBmpImages;             // IN  - Count of bitmap images
    HWND hwndMB;                // OUT
    COLORREF clrBk;             // IN  - background color of the menu
bar (excluding sip)
} SHMENUBARINFO, *PSHMENUBARINFO;

typedef struct
{
    DWORD cbSize;
    HWND hwndLastFocus;
    UINT fSipUp :1;
    UINT fSipOnDeactivation :1;
    UINT fActive :1;
    UINT fReserved :29;
} SHACTIVATEINFO, *PSHACTIVATEINFO;

typedef struct tagSHINITDLGINFO
{
    DWORD dwMask;
    HWND  hDlg;
    DWORD dwFlags;
} SHINITDLGINFO, *PSHINITDLGINFO;

typedef struct tagSHRGI {
    DWORD cbSize;
    HWND hwndClient;
    POINT ptDown;
    DWORD dwFlags;
} SHRGINFO, *PSHRGINFO;

#endif //#ifndef __AYGSHELL_STUB_H__

Regards,
Andrew.
1
Reply AndrewScholan 2/4/2010 3:00:27 PM

AndrewScholan[MCTS] wrote:
> 2. You can create some dummy header files that fool MFC into thinking
> that AYGSHELL is included in the platform (AYGSHELL is not actually
> needed for most of MFC, but it still pulls in the headers).

Why not simply include aygshell.h in the SDK without actually using the
AYGSHELL component? Shouldn't that work, too?

Uli

--
Sator Laser GmbH

Reply Ulrich 2/5/2010 8:45:36 AM

On Feb 5, 8:45=A0am, Ulrich Eckhardt <eckha...@satorlaser.com> wrote:
> AndrewScholan[MCTS] wrote:
> > 2. You can create some dummy header files that fool MFC into thinking
> > that AYGSHELL is included in the platform (AYGSHELL is not actually
> > needed for most of MFC, but it still pulls in the headers).
>
> Why not simply include aygshell.h in the SDK without actually using the
> AYGSHELL component? Shouldn't that work, too?
>
> Uli
>
> --
> Sator Laser GmbH
> Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Thorsten F=F6cking, Amtsgericht Hamburg HR B62 932

The real aygshell.h pulls in a number of other header files that you
also don't have... you can do it but I found the dummy one a better
option. I'm not sure what the licensing restrictions are like if you
include microsoft headers that the SDK doesn't roll in???
0
Reply AndrewScholan 2/5/2010 9:38:39 AM

AndrewScholan[MCTS] wrote:
> On Feb 5, 8:45 am, Ulrich Eckhardt <eckha...@satorlaser.com> wrote:
>> Why not simply include aygshell.h in the SDK without actually using the
>> AYGSHELL component? Shouldn't that work, too?
[...]
> The real aygshell.h pulls in a number of other header files that you
> also don't have... you can do it but I found the dummy one a better
> option. I'm not sure what the licensing restrictions are like if you
> include microsoft headers that the SDK doesn't roll in???

Good points, will keep those in mind.

Uli

--
Sator Laser GmbH