aygshell.h

When I compile my projects with my SDK (Windows CE 6 based) this error
occurs:

[...] \Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ce\atlmfc\include\afxce.h(41) : fatal
error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'aygshell.h': No such file or
directory

How can I solve it?

Massimo

0
QuantumUniverses

Hi Massimo,

You (or whoever produced your SDK) need to have included the "AYGShell
API Set" component in their OS configuration (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) before
building the SDK.

best regards,
Rik A
0
Rik
2/4/2010 2:55:04 PM
On Feb 4, 1:57=A0pm, "QuantumUniverses" <quantumuniver...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> When I compile my projects with my SDK (Windows CE 6 based) this error
> occurs:
>
> [...] \Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ce\atlmfc\include\afxce.h(41) : fatal
> error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'aygshell.h': No such file or
> directory
>
> How can I solve it?
>
> Massimo

You can do one of two things:

1. Include AYGSHELL in your catalog items in Platformbuilder, but this
will push you up from "Core" license to "C6G" or "Pro" depending on
your type of device.

or...

2. You can create some dummy header files that fool MFC into thinking
that AYGSHELL is included in the platform (AYGSHELL is not actually
needed for most of MFC, but it still pulls in the headers). I have in
the past used the following as a dummy aygshell.h:

//Dummy header file needed to correctly build MFC applications without
AYGShell
//included in the OS Design. This include file is pulled in by
afxce.h, even
//when the SDK doesn't include the AYGShell component.

#ifndef __AYGSHELL_STUB_H__
#define __AYGSHELL_STUB_H__

//These definitions are needed for function prototypes in afxstat_.h
typedef struct tagSHMENUBARINFO
{
    DWORD cbSize;               // IN  - Indicates which members of
struct are valid
    HWND hwndParent;            // IN
    DWORD dwFlags;              // IN  - Some features we want
    UINT nToolBarId;            // IN  - Which toolbar are we using
    HINSTANCE hInstRes;         // IN  - Instance that owns the
resources
    int nBmpId;
    int cBmpImages;             // IN  - Count of bitmap images
    HWND hwndMB;                // OUT
    COLORREF clrBk;             // IN  - background color of the menu
bar (excluding sip)
} SHMENUBARINFO, *PSHMENUBARINFO;

typedef struct
{
    DWORD cbSize;
    HWND hwndLastFocus;
    UINT fSipUp :1;
    UINT fSipOnDeactivation :1;
    UINT fActive :1;
    UINT fReserved :29;
} SHACTIVATEINFO, *PSHACTIVATEINFO;

typedef struct tagSHINITDLGINFO
{
    DWORD dwMask;
    HWND  hDlg;
    DWORD dwFlags;
} SHINITDLGINFO, *PSHINITDLGINFO;

typedef struct tagSHRGI {
    DWORD cbSize;
    HWND hwndClient;
    POINT ptDown;
    DWORD dwFlags;
} SHRGINFO, *PSHRGINFO;

#endif //#ifndef __AYGSHELL_STUB_H__

Regards,
Andrew.
1
AndrewScholan
2/4/2010 3:00:27 PM
AndrewScholan[MCTS] wrote:
> 2. You can create some dummy header files that fool MFC into thinking
> that AYGSHELL is included in the platform (AYGSHELL is not actually
> needed for most of MFC, but it still pulls in the headers).

Why not simply include aygshell.h in the SDK without actually using the
AYGSHELL component? Shouldn't that work, too?

Uli

--
Sator Laser GmbH

Ulrich
2/5/2010 8:45:36 AM
On Feb 5, 8:45=A0am, Ulrich Eckhardt <eckha...@satorlaser.com> wrote:
> AndrewScholan[MCTS] wrote:
> > 2. You can create some dummy header files that fool MFC into thinking
> > that AYGSHELL is included in the platform (AYGSHELL is not actually
> > needed for most of MFC, but it still pulls in the headers).
>
> Why not simply include aygshell.h in the SDK without actually using the
> AYGSHELL component? Shouldn't that work, too?
>
> Uli
>
> --
> Sator Laser GmbH
> Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Thorsten F=F6cking, Amtsgericht Hamburg HR B62 932

The real aygshell.h pulls in a number of other header files that you
also don't have... you can do it but I found the dummy one a better
option. I'm not sure what the licensing restrictions are like if you
include microsoft headers that the SDK doesn't roll in???
0
AndrewScholan
2/5/2010 9:38:39 AM
AndrewScholan[MCTS] wrote:
> On Feb 5, 8:45 am, Ulrich Eckhardt <eckha...@satorlaser.com> wrote:
>> Why not simply include aygshell.h in the SDK without actually using the
>> AYGSHELL component? Shouldn't that work, too?
[...]
> The real aygshell.h pulls in a number of other header files that you
> also don't have... you can do it but I found the dummy one a better
> option. I'm not sure what the licensing restrictions are like if you
> include microsoft headers that the SDK doesn't roll in???

Good points, will keep those in mind.

Uli

--
Sator Laser GmbH

Ulrich

aygshell.h
When I compile my projects with my SDK (Windows CE 6 based) this error occurs: [...] \Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ce\atlmfc\include\afxce.h(41) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'aygshell.h': No such file or directory How can I solve it? Massimo Hi Massimo, You (or whoever produced your SDK) need to have included the "AYGShell API Set" component in their OS configuration (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) before building the SDK. best regards, Rik A On Feb 4, 1:57=A0pm, "QuantumUniverses" <quantumuniver...@gmail.com> wrote: > Whe...

How Can I change my old email account to a new email account on the Outlook Express 5? I've tried the server but I cannot contact them...always too busy.. Thanks. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer...

Error in float.h
I compile an application with DirecX libraries. In encounter a compiler problem in the line that indicated with an arrow. The compiler error is at the butoom. Can someone advise please? Thanks Vinter #if _MSC_VER > 1000 #pragma once #endif #ifndef _INC_FLOAT #define _INC_FLOAT #if !defined(_WIN32) && !defined(_MAC) #error ERROR: Only Mac or Win32 targets supported! #endif #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { <<----------------------------------- error indication #endif Compiling... VideoResources.cpp c:\program files\microsoft visual s...

windows.h and ntstatus.h
Dear all , as mentioned above , how can I include these 2 files ? it seems they conflict with each other . Many thanks If you're writing a kernel driver, you don't normally include windows.h "yushang" <yusunn@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c2d19583-1a80-42c6-8cba-33075c0b2943@a39g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > Dear all , as mentioned above , how can I include these 2 files ? it > seems they conflict with each other . Many thanks ...

Converting time h:m to amount of time h.h%
I need to convert time (3:15- 3 hours 15 min) to amount of time in hours (3.25 hours)- what should I do? Jenn Hi! Just multiply by 24. =A1*24 Format the cell as GENERAL Biff "Jenn" <Jenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDA503A6-B164-4AD1-AA6D-4CFE15F49DF0@microsoft.com... >I need to convert time (3:15- 3 hours 15 min) to amount of time in hours > (3.25 hours)- what should I do? > Jenn http://cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL ...

Assertion in atlbase.h
Hi, I am getting assertion in atlbase.h at line number 4834 :- (lRes != 0L) || (dwType == (4)). how to solve this error any idea. Thanks Dev On 3 Apr 2007 08:04:40 -0700, "dev" <dev.core.mfc@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am getting assertion in atlbase.h at line number 4834 :- (lRes != >0L) || (dwType == (4)). >how to solve this error any idea. > >Thanks >Dev Look at the assertion in context (debugger and/or source code) and figure out why lRes and/or dwType have the wrong value(s). If you're hoping someone will look it up for you, you should giv...

Date vs h:mm:ss confusion
I have a table of approx 120 cells which contain what is supposed to be a number of hours:mins:secs but in the formula bar a date and time is shown. Example - cell shows 15:31:49. Formula is shown as 06/01/1900 07:31:49 . Cells are formatted as custom (h):mm:ss and copy/paste-special - value throws up the result 6.31376157407407 The data forms part of an exercise to graphically illustrate the number of minutes different departments spent on the phone each month using the billing spreadsheets supplied by the telephone company and I need to convert what is in each cell to a meaningful...

h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h in Outlook signatures
I created an HTML Outlook signature for our users to copy and paste into their Outlook. In some cases, the characters "h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h" are appearing in the signature; sometimes in the HTML version, sometimes when it is viewed as a text e-mail: John Q. Public 6505 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90048 (323) 761-0000 • Fax: (323) 761-0000 • jqpublic@JewishLA.org www.JewishLA.org • Follow us on Twitter • Fan us on Facebook h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h There is no "h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h" in the code that they pasted into their Outloo...

Ctrl-H crashing Excel 2002 fixed by Office XP SP3.
In thread "Ctrl-H crashes Excel 2002", a couple of dozen threads before this one, I reported that, in Excel 2002 without Service Packs applied: After you do a search by Values (as opposed to Formulas), henceforth Ctrl-H crashes Excel. (You could prevent that by reassigning Ctrl-H to a macro.) Thanks to Mike Mendelson & Dave Peterson, I found that Office XP SP3 fixes the problem. (I don't know which SP fixed the bug--1, 2, or 3.) Now, Ctrl-H brings up the Search dialog without crashing. *** ...

ntddk.h conflict with winnt.h
hi everyone, this is killing me. i'm trying to make a .dll using the Windows ddk but everytime i try to compile i keep getting redefinition errors. i've been going through the include files, commenting out lines but there's got to be a better way to do this? am i using the wrong version? i'm using VC .NET. Note: including file: C:\WinDDK\6000\inc\ddk\ntddk.h Note: including file: C:\WinDDK\6000\inc\ddk\wdm.h Note: including file: C:\WinDDK\6000\inc\api\ntdef.h C:\WinDDK\6000\inc\api\ntdef.h(80) : warning C4005: 'MAX_NATURAL_ALIGNMENT' : macro redefinition C...

h h

where to get gdiplus.h
Hi all, I would like to use gdi+. I downloaded the redistributable, but there is just gdiplus.dll. I need gdiplus.h as well. Do I need to instal the whole Platform SDK because of this? If yes, how can I locate the latest Platform SDK that works with VC++ 6.0? Thanks for advice Vaclav I think this one works: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6A63AB9C-DF12-4D41-933C-BE590FEAA05A&displaylang=en Tom "Vaclav" <no@spam.please> wrote in message news:O05bKz7UGHA.2492@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I would like to use gdi+. I downl...

Adding hours and minutes giving total > 24 h
Hi, How can I add time (format hh.mm) without limitation? Thanks Erick posted too quickly.... format is [h]:mm thanks any way Erick "Erick" <emjhnospam@pandora.be> wrote in message news:twJEe.152235$B95.7789700@phobos.telenet-ops.be... > Hi, > > How can I add time (format hh.mm) without limitation? > Thanks > > Erick > > Hi Erick, As long as your sum also has the format [h]:mm you should have no trouble adding up cells and no rolling over of hours into days. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My E...

RichInkCtrl.h
Hi all, i want use StreamIn and StreamOut functions of RichInkCtrl.h in C#..what is the coresponding control ? Any ideas? thanks supriya Supriya wrote: > Hi all, > i want use StreamIn and StreamOut functions of > RichInkCtrl.h in C#..what is the coresponding control ? > Any ideas? > thanks > supriya CRichEditCtrl I think this is you want: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/richedit/article.php/c2413/ thanks for your reply.. using MFC i can directly access that StreamIn and StreamOut.. I am looking for managed code where i can use these functions.. any idea? &q...

ow do I add 42 dyas to a given date, not including weekends or specific holidays? Look in help for WORKDAY WORKDAY(start_date,days,holidays) it's part of the ATP add-in so if you didn't install it the first time you need to install it, tools>add-ins check ATP -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2754CA2-581F-4A17-8EB8-C50B22F7B586@microsoft.com... > ow do I add 42 dyas to a given date, not including weekends or specific > holidays? Thank you very much!!!! "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Look in ...

WinError.h
Hello , I currently looking into Error Codes defined in WinError.h. The description in Header tells that bit 30, and 31 should be set to 1 for Errors. But still value for Error Codes , ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND, ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND and ERROR_TOO_MANY_OPEN_FILES has their bits 30 and 31 set to zero. Why these Error Codes are not matching to definition of Error Codes? Please comment. Thanks, Dada M Dada, You are misreading the comments in WinError.H. What they are describing is an HRESULT. The codes (such as ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) are what go into bits 0-15 of an HRESULT. Later in the ...

MFC and sqlext.h
HI All, i'm going to write a MFC program with dialogs and other components. but i have also class connecting with database throught ODBC. and i would like do it without MFC CRecoedset mechanism. I would like to do it directly from API using sqlext.h and sql.h headers. But i have problem with linking it . Compilator return errors "unresolved names" for functions from API such as SQLAllocEnv or SQLAllocConnect. Is there any way to use not MFC connecting with DB in MFC application?? thanks for all letters. best regards yopwojtek Are you linking with odbc32.lib? When you i...

SELECT SUM(h) WHERE e = 'eBay Payment Sent'
If SQL queries could be performed in Excel, I'd do "SELECT SUM(h) WHERE e = 'eBay Payment Sent'". Since SQL doesn't support SQL, however, I need to try something else. The following didn't work: =SUMIF(E2:E542,"=eBay Payment Sent",H2:H542) Any ideas what will work? Thanks! >The following didn't work: >=SUMIF(E2:E542,"=eBay Payment Sent",H2:H542) What does "didn't work" mean? You get an error? An incorrect result? No result? The formula syntax is correct so that eliminates the formula as a problem....

j ...

help, mshtml.h
I am using VC6 and IE6 am trying to get the sample code wb_print06 to work, this sample is supposed to render the contents of the browser control to a bitmap file. Unufortunately I cannot get it to build because IHTMLElement2 is used in the sample but is not defined in my <mshtml.h> header. According to MSDN documentation this type has a minimum availability of IE5 so why doesn't my header have it? How can I get this to compile, do I need a new version of the mshtml header? How do I generate that? Follup: I figured it out. You have to download and install updated platform s...

difference between winsock.h and afxsock.h?
I am trying to do a socket communication between a C++ program and a Java program. I was trying to do it with winsock.h. I posted a question about it in the vc.language forum with the title socket communication: socket doesn't connect http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.vc.language&p=1&tid=e730aa77-f91f-41f4-9c1f-12a17efbcc97 Should I use afxsock.h instead? Thanks in advance for your answer! afxsock.h contains the definitions of MFC wrapper classes for socket communication (e.g. CSocket cla...

Print preview crops the page in Publisher (landscape, brochure) h.
I've produced a brochure in publisher (three fold A4, in landscape mode). In print preview (and on printing) it crops the printable area with margins which are too wide. There is no ability in publisher (file/page setup) to alter the margins to prevent this happening. I can't find an update to publisher which fixes this. Is this an outstanding bug in publisher? This will a limitation of your printer. Look in your printer documentation to determine the default margins. If you think Publisher is at fault then look into an updated printer driver or how you have the page setup. The ...

Lookup (V or H) are for values, Anything for Text?!
Hi, I know you can use VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP to search for value and return whatever. What if you want to search for text and return value? Mike Hi Mike Text is value and value is whatever, no problem. VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP finds text. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Mike" <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0fa3492f-f996-40df-8173-6719ae087c79@m26g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I know you can use VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP to search for value and return > whatever. > > What if you want to search for text and return value? > &g...

.h and .cpp buttons
Hi, I remember I saw an .h and a .cpp button on someone's Visual Studio 6.0. They allow you to switch from the currently edited .cpp file to its corresponding .h file, and vise versa. I looked for them from the "customize" dialog but didn't find any close. Could you tell me where I find them? Thanks for your help. Tony Tony Young wrote: > Hi, > > I remember I saw an .h and a .cpp button on someone's Visual Studio 6.0. > They allow you to switch from the currently edited .cpp file to its > corresponding .h file, and vise versa. I looked fo...

_wtof not in stdlib.h or wchar.h
Hi, I am trying to convert one wchar_t data type to float, the function in MSDN is _wtof, but it is not defined in stdlib.h or in wchar.h. I am using service pack 4 of visual studio 6. Any help on this ?, as of how can I convert it to float ? Regards Alpha I have SP6 and it is not defined in any header file or in any library, nor in any documentation on VS6 that I have. It IS defined for VS7, using current VS7 documentation, but that doesn't help much. In this case, you probably have to convert the text to ANSI (take a look at W2A, for example, which IS defined in VS6, see ansiapi.h) a...