Printer sharing

  • Follow

Could print OK from HP PC running Vista Home Premium to my HP printer.  Then
merged my home office, Mac and HP PC. Set up wireless Airport Extreme with
the Mac on wireless and the PC on ethernet. I can access internet OK from
each.  The printer is connected via USB to the wireless router.   Followed
instructions on PC setup for printer sharing.  Can print to printer from Mac,
but not from my PC,      Control Panel-Printers-hp officejet 6100 series- Use
Printer Offline
0
Reply Utf 4/15/2010 5:09:01 AM

On 4/15/2010 1:09 AM, Train man wrote:
> Could print OK from HP PC running Vista Home Premium to my HP printer.  Then
> merged my home office, Mac and HP PC. Set up wireless Airport Extreme with
> the Mac on wireless and the PC on ethernet. I can access internet OK from
> each.  The printer is connected via USB to the wireless router.   Followed
> instructions on PC setup for printer sharing.  Can print to printer from Mac,
> but not from my PC,      Control Panel-Printers-hp officejet 6100 series- Use
> Printer Offline

What do the instructions for the wireless router say about using the
router USB connector for a printer and setting up windows for using the
router as a print server?

Can you see the printer with the browser (may show up under the router)

If the printer was originally connected to the Vista P/C via USB, you
may be able to just change the port, or install a second instance of the
printer and point it to the lan address of the router/printer.

0
Reply Chuck 4/16/2010 12:03:30 AM

(page loaded in 0.065 seconds)

Reply: