Windows mail won't send ms excel attchments

windows mail won't send either MS Excel 97-2003 or 2007 formats if I try to
send either by itself. I have to attach same file I want to send in both
formats. Then, only the 97-2003 format actually gets through. Either way, I'm
getting notice that Mail can't send one or more attachments. Any suggestions
to help eliminate the glitch would be most appreciated.

Windows Mail doesn't care what the attachment is. But make sure the
file you are trying to attach is not open anywhere else (i.e. in Excel).

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"woodrow"  wrote in message news:A431382B-871A-4E13-986B-E300720FCA19@microsoft.com...

windows mail won't send either MS Excel 97-2003 or 2007 formats if I try to
send either by itself. I have to attach same file I want to send in both
formats. Then, only the 97-2003 format actually gets through. Either way, I'm
getting notice that Mail can't send one or more attachments. Any suggestions
to help eliminate the glitch would be most appreciated.

0
Gary
8/7/2010 9:33:30 PM
"woodrow" <woodrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> windows mail won't send either MS Excel 97-2003 or 2007 formats if I try
> send either by itself. I have to attach same file I want to send in both
> formats. Then, only the 97-2003 format actually gets through. Either way,
> I'm
> getting notice that Mail can't send one or more attachments. Any
> suggestions
> to help eliminate the glitch would be most appreciated.

0
dorrie

outlook 2003 automatic send receive does not receive all emails
I have 80 users using outlook 2003 with windows XP. When the user press the send/receive button stacks on "send/receive status ##%". Even at sending... Sometimes the outlook completes the send/receive and the user doesn't receive all the emails. If I go on OWA there are new emails that the user didn\t download even though the send/receive is complete. to resolve for the moment the problem, the users have to close the outlook, open it again and then either automatic send/receive or manually they receive the new emails. I checked all windows and office upd...

Excel Cell Compares
I have an Excel spreadsheet with 30 rows in it. I need to write a formula or macro that will compare the value of cell C1 to C2. If the value is the same then I need it to look at cells E1 and E2 to see if the value of either is ZZ. If the value is NOT ZZ then I need it compare cells C2 to C3 etc to the bottom of the worksheet. If the value is ZZ then I need it to delete rows 1 and 2. Can someone help with how to accomplish this? ...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Try on the security pack from MS Corp.
--fijummfdyduhkxpk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xgiocggvwnzdo"; type="multipart/alternative" --xgiocggvwnzdo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="baetkzcf" --baetkzcf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the ...

NDR sending
What are the pros and cons of not sending out NDRs? Should we turn it off (Exchange 2003) so that no NDRs are sent? Thanks, Neal The pros are that the sender gets notified his/her email was not delivered. This is important because say you send out an email that requires an immediate response. Three hours later the client calls you up and asks where that email is. "I sent it 3 hours ago" would be your response. "I never received it" would be there response. So instead of being surprised you can attend to the issue immediately or use an alternative plan to get this...

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Excel formula that does this...
Hi all, I'm looking for a simple formula that will count the number of records that meet these criteria. It doesn't matter if it's "countif", "sumif", "sumproduct", etc... as long as it counts the number of records that meet the criteria. This is an example put in logical format: =sumif((same_range,"one answer" OR same_range, "another answer") AND (different_range, "required answer")) Again, I'm looking for the count of (criteria OR criteria OR criteria) AND (criteria) Thanks for any help! -- Cheers somethi...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Attachment via Send a Link Blocked
I used Internet Explorer | Mail | Send a Link | to send this link about a Java Programming Tutorial: chortle.ccsu.ctstateu.edu/cs151/cs151java.html Outlook will not send it and I get the message: "This message has not been sent. Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments cs151java.url." I know I can just paste it like I am doing here but using Send a link is more convenient. Is there any way around this annoyance? No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com...

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

Stock prices in Excel?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi Folks, Can I set up excel so that it downloads and displays the current stock price for a certain stock every time I open the document or refresh? I want to use my own workbook, and I'm looking for a free solution, although I might consider an inexpensive add-on. Thanks!! Yes, Excel will do that. Pop over to the Excel forum and they will explain how: https://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?product=Excel&app=1 On 30/03/08 6:22 AM, in article ee969b4.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "graybell@officeformac...

MS Exchange and failed relay for secondary domain
I need to add a second domain set of e-mail addresses to our Exchange server. I have updated all MX records as required on the domain and added the second domain to the default recipient policy on the server. When trying to send an e-mail from outside our organization to the new address I receive: Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for newuseraddress@newdomain.com Remote-MTA: 192.168.8.17 When I telnet to the mailserver and use helo to try to send to the new address I receive: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for newuseraddress@newdomain.com The checkbox is checked in the defau...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

Windows recovery console

Excel found unreadable content 11-17-09
I recently was upgraded to Excel 2007, when I try to open my spreadsheets that have large pivot tables I get the Excel found unreadable content error I can click on yes to recover however my pivot tables are no longer pivot tables they are just the values in a cell. If I open up the spreadsheet in Excel 2003, no error and the pivot tables are still functioning. Any ideas what I can do? ...