Windows Mail stripping attachments from one sender only

Hopefully someone out there can help me.  Windows mail running on Vista and
the darn program keeps removing attachments from one sender only.  It must
have something to do with the settings in the account section because I can
forward from the internet (before downloading into WM) to my gmail account
and WM will download attachments.
This has me baffled, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Antivirus software blocking attachments from that sender . . . . . . try
turning off its email scanning.

"Bob_45" <Bob_45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hopefully someone out there can help me.  Windows mail running on Vista
> and
> the darn program keeps removing attachments from one sender only.  It must
> have something to do with the settings in the account section because I
> can
> forward from the internet (before downloading into WM) to my gmail account
> and WM will download attachments.
> This has me baffled, anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
slk759
12/4/2009 11:23:58 PM
Chances are, that sender is using Outlook when sending attachments to =
you.
The explanation for that problem is here:

http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et121705.htm

The basic problem is that Outlook, by default, uses a proprietary form =
of=20
encoding for attachments, which is not readable by non-Outlook mail =
clients.
Web-based mail services typically include the extra decoding needed for
Outlook attachments, so you don't see the problem there.
Ask the sender to resend the attachment using plain text format.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bob_45" <Bob_45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Hopefully someone out there can help me.  Windows mail running on =
Vista and=20
> the darn program keeps removing attachments from one sender only.  It =
must=20
> have something to do with the settings in the account section because =
I can=20
> forward from the internet (before downloading into WM) to my gmail =
account=20
> and WM will download attachments.
> This has me baffled, anyone have any suggestions?
>=20
> Thanks in advance
0
Gary
12/4/2009 11:39:04 PM
If that's the case, I wouldn't expect WM would handle the attachments if I
have sent to my other email address (gmail).  Would you?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> Chances are, that sender is using Outlook when sending attachments to you.
> The explanation for that problem is here:
>
> http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et121705.htm
>
> The basic problem is that Outlook, by default, uses a proprietary form of
> encoding for attachments, which is not readable by non-Outlook mail clients.
> Web-based mail services typically include the extra decoding needed for
> Outlook attachments, so you don't see the problem there.
> Ask the sender to resend the attachment using plain text format.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "Bob_45" <Bob_45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A3AC290-D6F1-4A45-8C43-5814C9FFB819@microsoft.com...
> > Hopefully someone out there can help me.  Windows mail running on Vista and
> > the darn program keeps removing attachments from one sender only.  It must
> > have something to do with the settings in the account section because I can
> > forward from the internet (before downloading into WM) to my gmail account
> > and WM will download attachments.
> > This has me baffled, anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> .

WM will handle Outlook attachments just fine, providing the sender
used plain text format. It isn't anything unique to Windows Mail, =
because
the same thing would happen if that message was received by Outlook=20
Express, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora, etc.

> If that's the case, I wouldn't expect WM would handle the attachments =
if I=20
> have sent to my other email address (gmail).  Would you?
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>=20
>> Chances are, that sender is using Outlook when sending attachments to =
you.
>> The explanation for that problem is here:
>>=20
>> http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et121705.htm
>>=20
>> The basic problem is that Outlook, by default, uses a proprietary =
form of=20
>> encoding for attachments, which is not readable by non-Outlook mail =
clients.
>> Web-based mail services typically include the extra decoding needed =
for
>> Outlook attachments, so you don't see the problem there.
>> Ask the sender to resend the attachment using plain text format.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Bob_45" <Bob_45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> > Hopefully someone out there can help me.  Windows mail running on =
Vista and=20
>> > the darn program keeps removing attachments from one sender only.  =
It must=20
>> > have something to do with the settings in the account section =
because I can=20
>> > forward from the internet (before downloading into WM) to my gmail =
account=20
>> > and WM will download attachments.
>> > This has me baffled, anyone have any suggestions?
>> >=20
>> > Thanks in advance
>> .

0
Gary

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

One column with different widths #2
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width and rows 30 and above another width. How do I do this please? -- Calpitor Calpitor, I think that this can only be done by merging two columns in the case of the rows from 30 onward (This also assumes that the width of these rows is greater than the rows 1-29) Set rows 1-29 to the width you require - if you don't know how to do this then you will need to place the cursor between the column headers where it says A (co,lumn line) B. The cursor will change to a double headed arrow and you can change the column width by dragging the cursor...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

Attachment via Send a Link Blocked
I used Internet Explorer | Mail | Send a Link | to send this link about a Java Programming Tutorial: chortle.ccsu.ctstateu.edu/cs151/cs151java.html Outlook will not send it and I get the message: "This message has not been sent. Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments cs151java.url." I know I can just paste it like I am doing here but using Send a link is more convenient. Is there any way around this annoyance? No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com...

attaching files to CRM email
This is strange, when I am on the CRM web app I can attach files to the crm email messages just fine. When the sales reps use CRM SFO and I attach a file to an email they are asked for their username and password to log into the crm server and the username and password that they would use to log in to their machine does not work. That is only for the sales reps. Is there a way to fix this? Please help ...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

Windows recovery console

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

double your money in one year [albertans only]
i need 6 people to invest 200k to open a new shop land and buildings will be owned by 7 partners,every one gets the 200k back and you have a 12% interest in the company or the company will buy you out for 200k.double your money or stay on and recieve monthly payments.you can sell your 12%at any time for 200k.i live in alberta and i will have 12%also.contact poorboy2telus.net. ...

Problem with outgoing mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sukotto51@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Divided+Microwave+Plates+With+Lids+from+Collections+Etc.', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'plus.smtp.m...

Secret Mail box
How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password protected? What version and for what purpose? Not being nosy but your answer to the latter question may provide a better and easier solution. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password | protected? ...

Windows update error