There was an error saving attachment, check disk space.

  • Follow

Hi, I hope someone can help me, but I am unable to open attachments in
windows mail, I get the message saying it is downloading but it doesn't open.

I have tried saving the files instead but get an error message saying check
my disk space, there should be plenty of space.

I have checked my default programs with no effect.

This has been happening intermittantly for months my attachments were fine 2
weeks ago.
0
Reply Utf 11/22/2009 12:02:02 AM

That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus=20
program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Claire1975" <Claire1975@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Hi, I hope someone can help me, but I am unable to open attachments in =

> windows mail, I get the message saying it is downloading but it =
doesn't open.=20
>=20
>=20
> I have tried saving the files instead but get an error message saying =
check=20
> my disk space, there should be plenty of space.
>=20
> I have checked my default programs with no effect.
>=20
> This has been happening intermittantly for months my attachments were =
fine 2=20
> weeks ago.
0
Reply Gary 11/22/2009 1:04:15 AM

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus
> program. Which antivirus are you running?
> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
> although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
> In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.
>
> Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
> explained here:
> http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm
>
> If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
> to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
> from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
> http://download.live.com/wlmail

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "Claire1975" <Claire1975@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DCA815D-B424-4CC6-8E46-F024E36A76B6@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, I hope someone can help me, but I am unable to open attachments in
> > windows mail, I get the message saying it is downloading but it doesn't open.
> >

> > I have tried saving the files instead but get an error message saying check
> > my disk space, there should be plenty of space.
> >
> > I have checked my default programs with no effect.
> >
> > This has been happening intermittantly for months my attachments were fine 2
> > weeks ago.
> .

i have the same problem and nothing seems to work someone help me.
0
Reply Utf 11/24/2009 3:44:01 AM

Describe your problem in detail, and what all have you tried so far?

"tysonand me" <tysonandme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> i have the same problem and nothing seems to work someone help me.
0
Reply Gary 11/24/2009 5:52:44 AM

(page loaded in 0.564 seconds)

Reply: