The message could not be sent.

  • Follow

-- The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be

The rejected e-mail address was 'anthonyhsv@optusnet.com.au'. Subject 'Re
Nokia N97', Account: 'mail.optusnet.com.au', Server: 'mail.optusnet.com.au',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 5.3.0 <anthonyhsv@optusnet.com.au>...
No such user', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number:
0x800CCC79

0
Reply Utf 12/24/2009 10:33:02 PM

Have you ever been able to Send using those settings?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

zozo wrote:
> -- The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> The rejected e-mail address was 'anthonyhsv@optusnet.com.au'. Subject 'Re
> Nokia N97', Account: 'mail.optusnet.com.au', Server:
> 'mail.optusnet.com.au',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 5.3.0
> <anthonyhsv@optusnet.com.au>...
> No such user', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC79

0
Reply PA 12/25/2009 12:34:22 AM

The error message is correct. There is no person with the email address
anthonyhsv@optusnet.com.au.

Are you able to send to other recipients including yourself?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"zozo" <zozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> -- The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not =
be=20
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this=20
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read =
the=20
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining=20
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.
>=20
> The rejected e-mail address was 'anthonyhsv@optusnet.com.au'. Subject =
'Re=20
> Nokia N97', Account: 'mail.optusnet.com.au', Server: =
'mail.optusnet.com.au',=20
<anthonyhsv@optusnet.com.au>...=20
> No such user', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error =
Number:=20
> 0x800CCC79

0
Reply Gary 12/25/2009 5:34:55 AM