server information

i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details
can somone help please ?
7/30/2010 9:16:06 PM 2954 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"" <>
wrote in message
>i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details
> can somone help please ?

Who is your mail provider and or ISP?

Give us the error message generated when sending fails.

Regards Steve.

7/31/2010 12:29:37 AM
It isn't clear to me whether you know the correct information, or just a matter of
not knowing where to enter it.
For the correct settings see!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.
Come back if you need more help, but be sure to post a copy of the error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

""  wrote in message

i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details
can somone help please ?

8/1/2010 2:29:38 AM
i dont sorry
"" <>
wrote in message
>i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details
> can somone help please ?

Password not retained in Outlook 2002 for IMAP server
Hello, My problem is that even though I have checked the 'remember password' option in the mail account settings for my IMAP account, each time I restart Outlook, it will ask me for the password to have access to the IMAP folders. I will then check the 'remember password' option in the dialog box which asks for the password, and won't be ask again for it for a few minutes/hours depending on the moon phase, but will be asked again at some point as if Outlook had magically forgotten (I haven't succeeded to spot a pattern yet, apart that it sometimes happens when I start ...

How to automatically redirect Outlook 2003 users to an Exchange server
Hi everybody I've set up a new Exchange server 2003 and I want to configure the outlook clients to use it. But I don't want to do it manually on each computer by adding a new email profile using the Mail applet of the Control Panel. Is there a way to do it automatically using a script or something else? Can Office Ressource Kit help me? Before Exchange we were using Mdaemon. Now we need to change the configuration of Outlook. Thank in advance "Judica´┐Żl AHIVODJI" <judicael.ahivodji[@]> wrote in message news:u0dSQV0pFHA.3680@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl.....

Server 2008R2 fax server
I've added the fax server role but i'm unable to connect to the fax server from other computers. It dosent show as a shared fax if i broes the server. When i try to connect to the fax as domain user, it says i don't have the sufficient credentials. On the server, when i look at the fax properties i dont see the share tab? SOLVED looked at the wrong properties, had to look at 'printer properties' "polilop" <> je napisao u poruci interesnoj grupi:eU5R23zdKHA.5156@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I've added the fax server...

DPM hangs at consistency check after swapping protecting servers
Last week, we swapped one of the servers protected by DPM 2007SP2 on Windows Server2003. We kept the same server name, same Raid configuration and transfered all the data. Manually re-install DPM on the new server. Remove and recreate protection group on DPM server. Keeps getting "Inconsistent replica" and when rerun, the "consistency check" job stucks at 67mb. There is new volume created in the replica folder in DPM server. I manually moved all the files from old volume to the new volume folders. Rerun but still getting hung at "consistency check...

Moving GP to new server
As long as ODBC connections are also modified to reflect the change? There is a White Paper on this posted on Partner Source. It is thorough and walks you thru all the steps.. ...

Patch level Exchange Server?
Hello, Is there some kind of reference list where I can exactly see which patches I need to install according the exact version number of my Exchange Server? For example, if my Exchange Server version is "5.5.2653.13" or "5.5.2653.19" what is my patchlevel, which patches are missing etc? The changelog of MS Exchange Server does not mention exact version numbers at all? I've consulted the MS Exchange Server site and several other Exchange Server resources but I'm not able to find such a list. I think such a list is a great reference for all admins to know exactly ...

Outgoing mail server #2
I'm getting an 'error' message,rather i'm being timed out;the outgoing mail server is not responding. What's the solution? ...

Import TIAA-CREF information
I notice that TIAA-CREF now states that they have financial statement output for Quicken 2002 and above. I decided to try to import that information into Money 2004 but found that it does not work. The file format is qfx which has an OFX section burried inside it. However when I import it the only theing that happens is MS Money figures out what the current balance is. It does no import any of the transactions, nor does it issue any error messages. What is a qfx file and does Money 2004 recognize and import information from one? Yes I do know about an ofx file and am not confusing the...

Re: win NT 4.0 sp6 + exch 5.5
"Kizetoni" <> skrev i en meddelelse news:... > OK, but that one I couldn't ever dream of... ! :o) > > > "Ray" <replyhere@newsgroup.only> skrev i en meddelelse > news:Ojr1gYVvFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > And never, never put a DC in a DMZ! > > > > Ray > > > > "Chris Priede" <> wrote in message > > news:espKdXUvFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > > Hi, > > > > > > Kizetoni wrote: > > > > But - if it is only a ...

Backup-Restore SQL server database using C#
Hi! I'm trying to use SMO from C# to backup and restore (restore over an existing database) a SQL-server database (SQL-server 2005). Everything is working but when I add a few lines of code where I try to read the datafile information which I will use to re-locate data files during the restore I receive an error message. Database db = svr.Databases[destinationDBName]; foreach (FileGroup group in db.FileGroups) foreach (DataFile file in group.Files) Console.WriteLine(file.FileName); I receive the following error {"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlErro...

Replicate mails on a server to another server
How can a setup look like to meet the following Architecture Two exchange servers (>= 2000), each on a seperate domain (networks) with a box talking SMTP interfacing the two networks. The user accounts will exist in pairs on the servers Function Delivery, reading, moving, deleting of emails shall be replicated between the two servers Assumptions (with no justification) Due to the restriction of SMTP, we can assume the accounts to be similar such as likewise naming etc, since we can't use active directory Cheer Joe Hi Joe, There is nothing built into Exchange 2000 to allow for the ...

How can I get Hex values to appear in the Visio color information
I need to indicate the hex values of the custom colors I use in Visio. Is there a way to get hex values to appear in addition to the RGB values in the Colors tool window? Hi, The color tool supports HSL and RGB values It is not possible to get the tool to offer HEX values. However you can use the value stored in the FillForegnd cell to get hex values using the hex function You can opt to call the macro from a action cell with RUNMACRO and then store in a customer property cell for instance. 'this macro takes the RGB formula of the selected shape in the activedrawing and convert it ...

Credit Information
I cannot change the "Credit Information" in the "Change Account settings" page. I have changed this information before but I cannot change it now. I CANNOT change the "Account Type" to Bank. It will then no longer say "Credit limit" in the Credit information list. There has to be a way but so far the answer I have been getting does not work! In, Chucky wrote: >I cannot change the "Credit Information" in the "Change Account settings" >page. I have changed this information before but I cannot chang...

Windows Server
Hello folks, is there a way to use my Outlook 2003 Pro installed on Windows XP, on the Windows Server Partition ? Thanks In news:eVBUz9ABHHA.3560@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Gesy <> typed: > Hello folks, is there a way to use my Outlook 2003 Pro > installed on Windows XP, on the Windows Server Partition ? > > Thanks If you have a dual-boot computer, you will need to install all your needed applications twice - one in each. ...

Postcallout not working on seperate SQL server?
Hi I have developed a post call out using C#. It works 100% perfectly when it deploed on a single server deployment. i.e CRM 1.2, Exchange, MSSQL-2000, Window 2003 SBS, all on one Machine. When I tried to deploy SAME postcall out dll in a separate SQL server which runs on Windows 2003 Standard server and CRM server is separately running on Virtual server(Pointing to above SQL database), Post call out does not fire up! I have properly registred Postcall out on SQL CRM Metabase and com component is registred with no error on seperate sql server machine. I am using following components on C# p...

Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS
Hi, I am getting a mtpsvc mail delivery error 4000 "Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS." found confusing/conflicting results at MS. the oddest thing is that the web-email that is not working is our internal admin web site, which cannot seem to send to each other, or to myself. i can send to outside with no problems. this server is not a domain controller, merely a member server. we are running active directory. I am running in Exchange 5.5 in a Windows 2003 server environment. Of course, Exchange 5.5 is running on Windows 2000 server. Any help would be greatl...

Analytics Foundation and SQL Server Standard Edition
Hi CRM community! As one of my first assignments, I'm asked to explore and report on Microsoft CRM Analytics Foundation on I installed everything on my VPC image of Adventure Works Cycles, it works like a charm. However, my concern is, do I really need SQL Server Enterprise Edition to run this? On the website of AF, I'm told I need SQL Standard Edition (or above), but the whitepaper says I need the SQL Enterprise Edition. I tried to deploy on a server with only the SQL Standard Edition, with no success. It seems like I'm missing some components, which are avai...

Disable Auto-archive as a policy for 2003 server
Does anyone know if this is possible? I'd like to turn off auto-archive from the server level. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 disconnections from server
Has anyone got any information that could help resolve the following ... I have outlook 2003 client running in Cached exchange mode and i get disconnections ( event viewer shows ) Rpc call (EcDoConnectEx) to server (*servername) failed with error code (6d1) after waiting (271) ms; eeInfo (none). For more information, see Help and Support Center at Running without cached mode seems ok ... any ideas ? ...

Possible to have secure connection with Windows Live server?
Is it possible to have a secure connection with the Windows Live server when syncing email? I see that the URL for the server is: "". Since this is a standard http address doesn't that mean that the message content can potentially be viewed/intercepted? I also see when using the Live website that after the original login with SSL the page is no longer secure when reading mail. Isn't this also insecure? Thanks. One of the new features being touted for the next version of Hotmail is "Full Session S...

ERROR: Insufficient Key Column Information for Updating or Refresh
Encounter this problem when i wanted to change the price or cost of an item. Anyone encountered this problem? NEED HELP on this ASAP!! THANKS Run a Reindex on your database, do a backup of your database before. Rob "Ramzey" <> wrote in message > Encounter this problem when i wanted to change the price or cost of an > item. > Anyone encountered this problem? > NEED HELP on this ASAP!! > THANKS ...

POP3 on FE server and BE server??
We have a FE/BE Exchange 2003 environment, where the BE servers are in a A/P 2 node cluster. On the FE server we have OWA, POP3, IMAP turned on, but for some reason the POP3 clients keep getting this message: -ERR No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. I have googled around about this now, and I actually found someone that had the exact same problem and he tested a bunch of things, and then he finally turned on POP3 on the BE server, and he thinks that made it work...? Do you have to have POP3 running on the BE server as well, or isn't it suppo...

Attachments *very* slow after New Exchange Server added
All, We are running an Exchange 2003 server (sp1) on Windows 2003. The server is also a Domain controller. We purchased a new server and installed Windows 2003 (with all patches) and installed Exchange 2003 as an additional e-mail server. So far, so good. Both servers show in the Exchange System Manager. The new system is *not* a domain controller. (I know, never should have been in the first place). So I like the new setup and have moved my mailbox to the new system using the Active Directory, Exchange Task, Move mailbox. It updated my outlook profile and again, so far so goo...

Moving Exchange from server to server
Hi all, I've got two SBS2003 servers with Exchange a I want to move Exchange mailboxes from first server to second. Because I'm begginer in this area, I looking for help, net link, doc ... Thanx Well, since you can't have more than 1 SBS server in a domain, and since SBS doesn't do Trust relationships, then you are pretty much stuck with Exmerge. You can download it here: then read the document that is in the extracted files. That will explain how to run it...

installing OMA in a new Vritual HTTP server on a Frontend-server
Hello, I have problems installing OMA in a new HTPP-virtual server on a Frontend server. I can install OMA in a new HTTP virtual server on a Backend server, that works correct. Using OMA in the "default web site" on a Frontend server also works correct. Installing a new HTTP virtual server with OMA does not work. The errors we see are: from a client: Server Error in '/OMA' Application. Runtime Error from the Frontend-server: Server Error in '/OMA' Application. Directory '\\.\BackOfficeStorage\smtp-domain' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring fil...