My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.

If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in
my "Deleted Items" folder.  They seem to automatically purge.  If I delete an
email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my
"Deleted Items" folder.  I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items"
folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure.  I need to reset
something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose
to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to
compact my emails but I have not changed any settings to make my emails auto
purge.

"draperk" <draperk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear
> in
> my "Deleted Items" folder.  They seem to automatically purge.  If I delete
> an
> email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my
> "Deleted Items" folder.  I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted
> Items"
> folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure.  I need to reset
> something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I
> choose
> to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is
> compact my emails but I have not changed any settings to make my emails
> auto
> purge.

While viewing the Deleted Items Folder>View menu>current view>ensure that
"show all messages is selected".

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac
3/8/2010 7:33:24 PM
I'm having the same problem. I checked the view and it is marked as "show all
messges", but I still do not see any.

"mac" wrote:

> "draperk" <draperk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear
> > in
> > my "Deleted Items" folder.  They seem to automatically purge.  If I delete
> > an
> > email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my
> > "Deleted Items" folder.  I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted
> > Items"
> > folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure.  I need to reset
> > something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I
> > choose
> > to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is
> > compact my emails but I have not changed any settings to make my emails
> > auto
> > purge.
>
> While viewing the Deleted Items Folder>View menu>current view>ensure that
> "show all messages is selected".
>

> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/
> http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx

Make sure you had the Deleted Items folder open when checking that
setting, because each folder can have its own view setting.

If no improvement, be sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2
updates, then try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil=20
program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://download.live.com/wlmail=20
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"lgilbertson" <lgilbertson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> I'm having the same problem. I checked the view and it is marked as =
"show all=20
> messges", but I still do not see any.
>=20
> "mac" wrote:
>=20
>>=20
>> "draperk" <draperk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>> > If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't =
appear=20
>> > in
>> > my "Deleted Items" folder.  They seem to automatically purge.  If I =
delete=20
>> > an
>> > email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up =
in my
>> > "Deleted Items" folder.  I can do a right-click find on the =
"Deleted=20
>> > Items"
>> > folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure.  I need to =
reset
>> > something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until =
I=20
>> > choose
>> > to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of =
weeks is=20
>> > compact my emails but I have not changed any settings to make my =
emails=20
>> > auto
>> > purge.
>>=20
>> While viewing the Deleted Items Folder>View menu>current view>ensure =
that=20
>> "show all messages is selected".
>>=20
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Regards Steve.
>> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
>> http://www.getsafeonline.org/
>> =
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/defaul=
t.mspx=20

0
Gary

Restore emails lost in virus attack
Virus caused loss of some data-- 8 days of emails stored in Outlook. Virus gone. I have a backup drive image (Norton Ghost 9.0 with backup image browser). Which file(s) do I need to restore from the backup drive image in order to regain the lost emails? What surprises should I beware of? ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN LOL Thank you in advance. The files you need are the pst files. Since you did not post your version of Outlook I am presuming based on OL 2003\07 the *.pst file -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email ca...

Public folder Calendar info in GAL??
I have calendars setup in public folders. I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can just invite them as resources when creating meetings. How do I go about this? I cannot seem to find an easy way. Thanks in advance, -Bigfoot moe.ron Mail enable the public folder. Glen <bigfootmoeron@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1105023119.340227.113660@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I have calendars setup in public folders. > I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can > just invite them as resources when creating meetings. &...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

Rule for Deleted Items

Why is the content of all my emails going out underlined?
Can you help? All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my original it is underlined. I have been advised by mail recepients that my email content is underlined. Does anyone know how I can stop this? "Sally W" <Sally W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC904DA-536E-45FD-9F5D-19056A2A5EEA@microsoft.com... > All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are > HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I r...

Outlook won't check 2nd email address #2
I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626). When sending/receiving only the default account is being checked. Send/Receive group is configured as follows. Beneath "Group Name" it says "All Accounts. Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline." "Include this group in send/receive" is checked. I guess this is default as I have never configured this manually. I have tried deleteing the account and re-entering it. After re-entering, Outlook will "Test Account Settings" okay. A message is sent t...

Delete macros

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Email to Queue for Internal Emails
Hi, Anyone figure out a way to be able to route internally (i.e., same domain name) created e-mails to a queue? Looking to use the Queue function of CRM as part of an internal help desk. However, told by MBS that since the queue function uses the Exchange Connector and that the Exchange Connector ignores all internally sent e-mails then this won't work. Thoughts? Alan I've heard of folks using a hotmail account in order to send emails outside the domain and then re-direct them back in. I can't use due to security concerns but thought I'd pass along. Good luck! >...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Manually linking items to contacts Activities tab in outlook 2007
I have email linked to those contacts i want to view past emails in their "activities" tab. But i'm not seeing the option to link other items to a contact (i dont have Business Contact Manager)....like an email or a note or a task....i don't see an option in any toolbar to form a link...please help. Did i find it maybe? do i r-click the message and choose "message options" and then fill out "contact" field? i'm used to the lingo "link to" from older versions of OL---this seems a bit time-consuming "runspud" wrote: > I ...

Delete blank Last page

Outlook 2002 Advanced Find
When I use Advanced Find in Outlook 2002 to locate mail I've archived in a personal folder, I would like to be able to see the folder hierarchy where the mail item was found. Currently, I can only see the lowest level folder, using the "In Folder" column. Is there a way to get this information? ...

email templates 01-09-05
Two questions. 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday field in a template. It shows the datetime in datetime format. Useless 2. When users use the template that was created. It seems the Subject is not inserted in Subject line of the email. Thanks, Jaime Hi Jaime, I have the same problem with the title that doesn't appear when using a email template. Please publish the answer if you found something. Christophe "Jaime" wrote: > Two questions. > > 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday ...

Deleting an email

sending email #9
I can't send email using a phone line, if I use a LAN it works fine. I can receive email when using the phone line, but not send. ...

Can't send email thru Outlook 2002. PLS help...
I can receive emails fine, but everytime i try to send i get an "undeliverable" email back with the error "Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed". It looks like it's trying to find my IP address, but can't. I have a router that looks to be set up fine as I did the troubleshooting section that specified this problem, but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. That error is generated by antispam software on the recipients mail server. Are you running your own SMTP server? If so, it's a problem with your server, if not contact your provider since the...