Long delay in opening New Message windows

My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or
more just to open a create new message window.  How do I fix this?

Did you add any 3rd party software into the Add Ins

--
Peter

"Jembeaux" <Jembeaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or
> more just to open a create new message window.  How do I fix this?

0
Peter
3/10/2010 4:30:05 PM
Try the suggestions here for fixing slowness:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/72674-windows-mail-slow.html

If no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://download.live.com/wlmail=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Jembeaux" <Jembeaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 =
seconds or=20
> more just to open a create new message window.  How do I fix this?
0
Gary

Creating and using a new category.
Hello everyone smarter then I am. I have another question. I am attempting to make it so that I am able to synchronize a contacts list located in a public folder to a handheld device. I was told to create a new category as opposed to a folder to do this. I have created a new category, but I am unsure how to associate the public folder (contacts) with this newly created category. Does anyone know how to do this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- darylakagod ...

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl _com_dispatch_method(struct IDispatch *,long,unsigned short,unsigned short,void *,wchar_t const *,...)" (?_com_dispatch_method@@YAJPAUIDispatch@
Hi, I have installed Visual Studio Express 2005, and the platform SDK. I'm trying to compile, but get this linker error. The only reference I found on the web was a post of this person describing the possible cause: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/microsoft.public.platformsdk.sdk_install/post20679802.asp Any clues, hints.. ? Leo Well, since you didn't bother to put the error message in the body of the text, it is a bit hard to read. Please do not put content in the headers. I only see the first segment of the header in my reader. A header that contains interesting informatio...

Error message on Cross_tab report
Hello: I have designed a crosstab query and report after I learned from this forum. I was succesful when I first designed it, but now the error message says" the Morcrosoft Jet Database engine does not recoqnize 'Euro" as a valid field name or expression'. For Your information in my design there i a currencysymbol filed, and there are 5 type of currency, Rp. USD, Yen and Euro SGD. Why the error message occurred for Euro while the other 4 currency are not mentioned? Please help. Thanks in advance for any idea provided. Frank Chances are that for a particular report r...

unable to open .doc attachments in outlook 7
outlook 7 tries to open .doc attachments as a spreadsheet and fails "Bizzi" <Bizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F420D6C-852C-4C79-994C-34892D4ADB63@microsoft.com... > outlook 7 tries to open .doc attachments as a spreadsheet and fails There is no program named "Outlook 7". Perhaps you mean Outlook 2007. Fix your file type associations. This is a WIndows issue, not an Outlook issue. Outlook obeys the Windows settings. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] On 3/20/2010 11:27 AM, Bizzi wrote: > outlook 7 tries to open .doc a...

Define new asset categories
Is there a way to redefine the asset categories. Large, mid, small, bonds other doesn't do it for me. My allocation is based on real estate, commodities, domestic and international. How can I redefine this? ...

Slow to open mail
I recently uninstalled Panda Antivirus and have been having trouble wit Microsoft Outlook ever since. It will start up normally but when I ope email it will tale a minute of more to open. It goes to a white scree first and will sometimes freeze. I have looked for both Spyware an Virus' and found nothing. Thanks in advance for any assistance offere on this matter -- Rick1341Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces Rick1341 <Rick1341.1raesg@> wrote: > I recently uninstalled Panda Antivirus and have been having trouble > with Microsoft Outlook ever since. It wil...

Delay in execution when Button is clicked.
Hi, I'm developing an application using MFC that plays WAV audio files. My user interface consists of 3 buttons - Play, Pause and Stop. When I click the play button, my program Reads the WAV file in chunks of 1024bytes and stores them in a static array. The array is processed in another function and the array is refilled in a while loop. On clicking the Pause button the file being played should be Paused. I am facing some difficulty here. Although the play and pause are working fine, there is a delay in execution for the "OnPauseClick". (When the pause button is clicked). I...

Message box pop up when no reults
How do I create a message box pop up when my query returns no results? Thanks I tried this and received an error 3061. The code is in the On Got Focus of the combobox. The error is issued as soon as the form is opened. Could someone tell me why? TIA Ron "Klatuu" <Klatuu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E52A5872-7B1F-4D95-96C5-E00DFC4816F3@microsoft.com... > Dim rst As Recordset > > Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("MyQueryName") > If rst.RecordCount = 0 Then > MsgBox "No Records Found" > End If ...

Milo: What is microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn? Name too long
In "C:\Documents and Settings\[myname]\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live\Toolbar\Custom Buttons", there is a folder called microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn that is causing me to have trouble backing up my computer. I'm being told that that path or folder name is too long. At first I thought it was the path, but trying to copy microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn DIRECTLY into the MyDocuments folder caused the same error, so now I'm pretty sure that it’s the 36 characters in that folder name that is the problem. Sure enough, when I renamed a copy...

unspecified error at opening
Hello, my MS Word 2007 doc is getting an unspecified error at opening. The error message is a problem is with content - Location: Part: /word/footer4.xml, Line 2, Column: 583. How can I recover this doc? How can this be avoided in the future? Thank you in advance for your time. Regards, Jim ...

Outlook In Windows 2K Terminal Server Enviroment
We recently upgraded from Office 2000 to the New Version of Office 2003 Pro.. Now I have for only a few users 3 out of 70 that when they open their outlook the program starts to load you see the program start to run then blam.. Outlook shuts down. After restarting the application 4 or 5 times it finally stays up. Any ideas??? ...

Long Filename Hunter
hello, is the anyone know of a program/freeware that can search the disk for files with "long" file names? it is laborious to drill down dozens of folders and hundreds/thousands of subfolders hunting down down long file names. for example I found a couple of tiles with filenames as long as a sentence, obviously using all the amount allotted for naming a file. thanks... ~db -- db���`�...�><)))�> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner...

opening a form from a VBA module?
Hi all, I'd like a module to open and load a form in my Access 2003 database... How can I do this? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:59:05 -0000, Mike wrote: > Hi all, I'd like a module to open and load a form in my Access 2003 > database... How can I do this? Look up the OpenForm method in VBA help. DoCmd.Open Form "FormName" -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail On Jul 18, 12:05 pm, fredg <fgutk...@example.invalid> wrote: > On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:59:05 -0000, Mike wrote: > > Hi all, I'd like a module to open an...

Message Totals on Group Headers
Hi, In Outlook 2007, I have mail messages arranged in groups (Today, Yesterday, etc.). How can I get each group to display the total # of messages in the heading of each group? I'm pretty sure I used to have this, but it's gone now and I can't figure out how to re-enable. Thank you in advance for any assistance. "GTifeld" <GTifeld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA988142-B67F-4BE1-BF30-63CF9D8475A5@microsoft.com... > In Outlook 2007, I have mail messages arranged in groups (Today, Yesterday, > etc.). How can I get each grou...

Open Access Database with VBA
I have created a macro in an Excel workbook to do various things with a web query, then export one sheet of the workbook as a txt file. I then get the macro to open Access. What I am wanting to do is:- I want my macro to, not only open Access, but to open a specific Access Database and if possible, run a macro within that database to import the data that I have exported from Excel. Any ideas? Thanks Try this Keith Sub test() On Error Resume Next Set ac = GetObject(, "Access.Application") If ac Is Nothing Then Set ac = GetObject("", "Access.Applicat...

Source for New Charts
Hi, I'm an information analyst and I generate countless charts each month. Does anyone know a source for new and exciting looking and functioning charts/graphs? I'm willing to pay for some add-on software I'm just tired of the existing options in Excel 2003. Thanks In my humble option (and I have much to be humble about), if the data itself is not interesting enough for the reader then a 'fancy' chart is not going to make things better. My most-hated chart feature is 3D when the third dimension relates to nothing! best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/peo...

Replace Cell Address in A Long Formula
From time to time, I need to do some change in some very long formula. For example: =TRIM(IF(ISERROR(FIND(" ",B46,FIND(" ",B46,1)+2)),MID(B46,FIND(" ",B46,1)+1,LEN(B46)),MID(B46,FIND(" ",B46,FIND(" ",B46)+2),LEN(B46)))) I want to replace all the "B46" with "F18". Is there a easier way? Thanks. One quick and dirty way is to Edit>Replace B46 with F18. HTH Anders Silven "plumstone" <plumstone@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:29A2448B-1055-4847-9779-EA0FDDA5C05D@microsoft.com... > From...

Links sent not working in windows mail
If I send a link in an email using windows mail, the recipient is unable to open it at the other end. Can anyone tell me how to fix this. That may be a problem on the recipient's end that you cannot fix. Email yourself and see if the links work. If they do, then you don't have a problem, the recipient does. steve "alex mungo" <alex mungo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7550BA2-2794-4EFC-B6A4-C458D8958EF0@microsoft.com... > If I send a link in an email using windows mail, the recipient is unable > to > open it at the other...

Creating a message to find my posts
Sorry, but I am creating this just so I can find my posts on here by clicking on my name within this post. Can't see any other way. I search for the title - nothing comes up, I search for my user name - nothing comes up. Notify me of replies doesn't work! Click on this link: http://groups.google.com/groups/search?enc_author=3D3Qz8RCEAAAArhhjrMG_fyPf= LngCqP6Bi2p5MNQxqBUIP2AeqP4W-7pHRGrMdZImE0Gr1e5nVtd0&scoring=3Dd Add it to your favourites - it should be dynamic. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 15, 9:11=A0am, imacken <imac...@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Long Long Long Nested If Function
Hello, I need some help on a very long nested if formula. Or at least thats the type that I have been trying to use to get the calculations on my spreadsheet. I have this formula which is working for me but it is only one of the 5 variables I need to include in it. 1) =IF(B5="cdy",IF(P23=20,1625,(IF(P23=40,1875,2200)))) to this formula I need to add =IF(B5="nwr",IF(P23=20,850,(IF(P23=40,935,1260)))) =IF(B5="lsp",IF(P23=20,1125,(IF(P23=40,1225,1550)))) =IF(B5="mtrl",IF(P23=20,1035,(IF(P23=40,1150,1500)))) =IF(B5="trto",IF(P...

Links in OL won't open IE
Hi... When I click a hyperlink in an Outlook message (OL 2000), it used to open Internet Explorer and take me where it should. For some reason, this has stopped working. When I click the link, nothing happens. Other than that, both OL and IE seem to work fine. Signed, Confused Tim <becktc@askesis.com> wrote: > Hi... When I click a hyperlink in an Outlook message (OL 2000), it > used to open Internet Explorer and take me where it should. For some > reason, this has stopped working. When I click the link, nothing > happens. Other than that, both OL and IE seem to wo...

Long Print Times w/ Publisher mail merge
I frequently have mail merge documents cretaed in Pub 2007. They work great, but it takes forever publisher to release/spool these documents to the printer, and for the documents to print. I think I understand why this happens, what I am after is a way to print faster. Does anyone have any tricks to reduce the file size that is sent to the printer? Surely there must be a way around this, a way to print these mail merges faster. Anyone? Do you have a lot of images? Gradients? Is your printer driver current? Have you looked at the printer settings? Can you change the spooler settings, do...

how long does outlook 2003 save sent items?
i just looked today and all of my sent items from the past 4 years are GONE!!! i do not use archiving, and i have checked my old archive folder for them, they are not there. any help would be much appreciated - r gatestoo <gatestoo@hotmail.com> wrote: > i just looked today and all of my sent items from the past 4 years are > GONE!!! Then you deleted them somehow or are hiding them with a view filter because Outlook doesn't delete anything automatically, unless you've instructed it to do so. -- Brian Tillman ...

Posting a message from Excel to HTTP Servlet
Hi All, I want to post message from my Excel Sheet to HTTP Servlet running on the same system. I want to know which plugins to put to do it. Also, my Excel do not show any send option in File Menu, how to get it? Thanks in advance -- Vishal Sinha ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vishal Sinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28995 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487237 ...

Moving SharePoint to New Server
I've seen some threads on this, but I want to ask a few specific questions. :) We want to move MOSS to a new 64-Bit server. We've experimented with a few migration tools, but to be frank, they all suck. What is the best technique to use that will also retain all the document histories, meta data, custom web parts, workflows, etc...? Please tell me it's not as simple as installing SP on the new machine, adding to the farm, then shutting down the old server. it's not easy if you have custom things. the way I see it, you install SharePoint and custom things...