cant send emails 11-27-09

  • Follow

receive error message. yahoo is email provider it was bellsouth which changed
to yahoo.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'hwllo', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
0
Reply Utf 11/27/2009 3:12:01 AM

Are you sure SSL isn't supposed to be enabled?

rob wrote:
> receive error message. yahoo is email provider it was bellsouth which
> changed to yahoo.
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'hwllo', Account:
> 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
> 465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
0
Reply PA 11/27/2009 5:26:31 AM

I had similar problem.  Went into tools, accounts, properties, servers - I
found that my e-mail address had become incorrect, so I corrected it and it
worked.

"rob" wrote:

> receive error message. yahoo is email provider it was bellsouth which changed
> to yahoo.
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'hwllo', Account:
> 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
> 465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
0
Reply Utf 11/27/2009 3:58:12 PM

What do you mean by "bellsouth changed to yahoo"?
Bellsouth was bought out by AT&T several years ago, and
recently Bellsouth customers were migrated to the AT&T/Yahoo
mail platform. If that is your situation, you should not be using the
mail.bellsouth.net mail server. Try the settings given here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=3DKB401738

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> receive error message. yahoo is email provider it was bellsouth which =
changed=20
> to yahoo.
>=20
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'hwllo', Account:=20
> 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, =
Port:=20
> 465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
0
Reply Gary 11/27/2009 6:10:11 PM

"rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> receive error message. yahoo is email provider it was bellsouth which
> changed
> to yahoo.
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'hwllo', Account:
> 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
> 465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
Reply Van 11/27/2009 7:47:20 PM

i cant send mail it say error

"rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> receive error message. yahoo is email provider it was bellsouth which
> changed
> to yahoo.
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'hwllo', Account:
> 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
> 465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
Reply jennifervadnais 11/28/2009 3:10:51 PM

That's not the complete error message.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply =
here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20

"jennifervadnais" <jennifervadnais@live.com> wrote in message =
>i cant send mail it say error

0
Reply Gary 11/28/2009 8:04:41 PM