Can't attach files now

Follow
Email
Hi,

I have been using Windows Mail (The 2006 desktop version) for quite sometime
now. I have always been able to attach files but today when I tried to send
my resume like I always do, it wouldn't attach. It says some files could not
be attached. What is the problem with that?
0
Reply Utf 4/19/2010 4:25:01 PM

"asiankelsey" <asiankelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have been using Windows Mail (The 2006 desktop version) for quite
> sometime
> now. I have always been able to attach files but today when I tried to
> send
> my resume like I always do, it wouldn't attach. It says some files could
> not
> be attached. What is the problem with that?

Ensure that any file that you intend to attach are closed and not in use by
another application.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

Reply mac 4/19/2010 4:32:27 PM
Follow
Email

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Lotus 123 files
Hi everyone, I'm trying to open a Lotus 123 file in Excel 2002, that a person emailed to me as an attachment. I get the following message: "Cannot open Lotus 123 file." Does anyone know if Excel 2002 can open Lotus 123 files? If so, is there a conversion utility? Thanks in advance, Joe If you know someone with a recent version of 1-2-3 you can ask him or her to open the .123 file and save it in .WK4 format or .XLS format for you. Otherwise I think your only option is to get Conversions Plus from www.dataviz.com. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Thanks Jim >-----Original M...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Printing a pdf file
If I create a document at home using Publisher 2007 with a specific font style, and go to work and try to print it there when the Publisher 2007 installed at work does not have the same font I have at home, will it change my font style, and if so, can I save it as a pdf file and still be able to print it at work without having the font style changed at work. I prefer the font style I have at home, but I have to use the work printer which prints huge posters. Thank you for any help you can give me. Or, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this? Glory If you (or a...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Updated to SP1, now no sig
I just updated my system to XP SP2, and Office 2003 SP1. When I compose a new email now, either I get no signature or I get a big red X where it should go. The sig has a couple of marques setup in it ... but they aren't working now. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks, --Jim ...

File storage
Where and how are the files stored in the crm database for a note attachment, I need to download the file for a certain event and save it in a folder on machine without the download dialog box appearing. is it the version column of annotationbase where i only see binary,how do i query database in this case ,I am unable to do through the howto method of downloading ...

Backup program that doesn't change the file structure
Not sure if anyone or myself asked this before but I'm looking for a backup program that will copy and update modified files to another location without putting them in some proprietary file format. ntbackup from XP makes some file called .bkf and other programs seem to create their own type of files. If I have 300 files in 22 folders that I'm backing up from drive C: I want to see 300 files in 22 folders in the backup location after its done. Is this even possible? Basically a mirror of the existing data. "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wro...

enter time into file for a time sheet
how can I enter the time automatically into a cell. perhaps a macro. hilte the cell and hit your macro or enter? I want to round the time to the nearest 1/4 hour. I also want to be able to override the automatic function The quick way to enter current time is Ctrl plus the colon (date is Ctrl plus semi-colon) but this doesn't round to the nearest 15 minutes. I think there is an add-in that would do that as a worksheet function. Here is a subroutine that might do what you want: Sub RndToQtrHr() Dim currMin As Long Dim M As Long Dim plusHour As Boolean currMin = Minute(Time) plusHour = ...

Organization of files
In the next several weeks, I expect to complete my first windows application, built primarily with C++ in MFC. I will have hundreds of image files across various categories by subject matter, and probably several thousand small, compressed audio files organized in a number of ways. By nature and profession, I am very organized. But I need help in understanding what factors to consider in regard to using multiple folders in my release directory, and how to decide what resource files to possibly include in the exe itself. Is there such a thing as too many files in one directory? Is i...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

.xls attachment
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm quite new to the whole computer/techno life and have been trying for over 2 hours to find what I want! A friend has sent an e-mail with an attachment which has a .xls file extension. However I try, I am unable to open the attachment. I've downloaded various software at 'my machine's' recommendation including a works conversion thing for Word but still no luck. I hope it's something really simple which can be sorted by someone with a bit of a clue but I'm starting to get tied up in knots. I wouldn't mind but the attachment soun...

Creating an Outlook 2007 macro that attaches a signature to new me
Hi, I'm new to macro creation and have several questions. I created code that adds a random signature to an open message window. Now I need to find a way to execute this code every time the user creates a new message window (new message, reply, forward). How can this be done? Following up on this I need to know what I can do with the macro code to "install" it within several Outlook 2007 instances. 1) See the NewInspector event. 2) http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=28 -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories:...

Outlooks Attachments
when i attach any attachments in a new e-mail they attach in the writing plane and thus cant be opened by my friends. If i reply the attachments go in the right place - on the subject bar. HELP PLEASE!! change your message format to plain text or html, you're using RTF right now. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outl...

Bulk Extract Embedded Files
Word 2003 on XP Is there a way to extract embedded files all in one go? Like the image file extraction process described in http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm but for embedded files? Many thanks DeanH Found the following for extracting embedded word files. Haven't tried it though. Sub ExtractFiles() ' ' ExtractFiles Macro ' ' Dim shape As InlineShape Dim folderName As String Dim a As Document folderName = Replace(ThisDocument.Name, ".", "_") MkDir folderName For Each shape In ThisDocument.InlineShapes ...

Forget to attach attachment
Once in awhile, in my hectic days, I forget to attach a file to an email. Is there a way in Outlook to prevent an email from being sent when I use the word 'attachment' in the body of the email when I forget to attach the file? I'd rather not use a 3rd party product to accomplish this. You can build it in with a little VBA code. See http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=553 -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "NH...