can someone walk me through setting up my email account?

every time i try to send email i get a pop up saying it no longer accepts
hotmail or google or yahoo accounts.

can someone walk me through set up in plain everyday (non geek) language so
i can send and receive email?

Have you tried to call your ISP and ask them this question. They will be happy to
walk you through while you are on the phone with them

--
Peter

"tonyintampa" <tonyintampa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every time i try to send email i get a pop up saying it no longer accepts
> hotmail or google or yahoo accounts.
>
> can someone walk me through set up in plain everyday (non geek) language so
> i can send and receive email?

0
Peter
1/23/2010 5:44:12 PM
Windows Mail cannot access any http email accounts.  It can access POP3 and
IMAP accounts.
You can now access Hotmail via POP3, Gmail via POP3 or IMAP, and Yahoo via
POP3 if you have the Plus account.

http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry

See these instructions for enabling POP and for configuring Windows
Mail/Live Mail....
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383
or for IMAP....
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77696&topic=12920

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html;_ylt=Ass_US_H03SPhjBZ6x3TLkutKSd4

The newer Windows Live Mail can also access MSFT http email accounts
(Hotmail/Live/MSN).

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"tonyintampa" <tonyintampa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every time i try to send email i get a pop up saying it no longer accepts
> hotmail or google or yahoo accounts.
>
> can someone walk me through set up in plain everyday (non geek) language
> so
> i can send and receive email?

0
Dave
1/23/2010 10:12:29 PM

"Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Windows Mail cannot access any http email accounts.  It can access POP3
> and IMAP accounts.
> You can now access Hotmail via POP3, Gmail via POP3 or IMAP, and Yahoo via
> POP3 if you have the Plus account.
>

> http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
>

> See these instructions for enabling POP and for configuring Windows
> Mail/Live Mail....
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383
> or for IMAP....
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77696&topic=12920
>

> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html;_ylt=Ass_US_H03SPhjBZ6x3TLkutKSd4
>

> The newer Windows Live Mail can also access MSFT http email accounts
> (Hotmail/Live/MSN).
>

> --
> Dave N.
> MS-MVP (Mail)
> Windows 7  Ultimate
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>
> "tonyintampa" <tonyintampa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> every time i try to send email i get a pop up saying it no longer accepts
>> hotmail or google or yahoo accounts.
>>
>> can someone walk me through set up in plain everyday (non geek) language
>> so
>> i can send and receive email?

0
andreas

OWA email subject dropdown menu?
Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can specify it on the subject box. Thanks prem "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:3b92875.0502160207.48a26920@posting.google.com... > Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: > I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. > The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can > specify it on the subject box. > > Thanks > prem Which ve...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

outlook express
Anyone know if there is anyway to recover emails, folders, contacts, etc... if you re-installed a new copy of xp over 2000 but didn't use the upgrade feature. That is to say, all of my 2000 OE doesn't appear when I open OE in the newly installed XP environment. Does the old info get stored in some file I can link to xp oe? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wi...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

language setting
I need to change my keyboard to an arabic setting and I'm told to install windows xp professional cd rom. HELP, I can't find my cd rom. "rbrooks" <rbrooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8EE0A65-0112-405C-BD74-EF64207137D0@microsoft.com... >I need to change my keyboard to an arabic setting and I'm told to install > windows xp professional cd rom. HELP, I can't find my cd rom. I looked around my office and it was not here! I don't think you left it here. On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:54:49 -0700, "Richard in AZ"...

Multiple emails w/ same tracking token in one activity?
Is it possible to track an ongoing email conversation as a single activity (assuming tracking token is present and accurate), instead of having each outgoing and incoming email result in a separate activity? One troubleshooting conversation with a contact can end up creating 12 activities in their history. If anyone knows the answer and/or can tell me how to do so, please let me know. Thanks! Afraid not. Each of those seperate emails is a seperate "activity" and thus is tracked seperately. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SCAB" <SCAB@discussions.microso...

HR Benefit Table
I'm trying to do some cleanup of our benefits (delete benefits that were enrolled and never used) and in the process of querying table BE010130 there are a ton of benefits that have a 0 in the BENEFITSTATUS_I field. When I try to pull them up in GP they don't show under the specified employee. Can anyone tell me what these are and if I can delete them? ------=_NextPart_0001_079D83ED Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, After looking at the HRBEN.DOC from the SDK, it doesn't appear the BE010130 should have a value of 0. The values that should b...

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

Can't delete email #2

Multiple logins
Here is the scenario: My Fiancee & I share some of the same accounts. When she logs into the bank, she can see our joint accounts plus her personal accounts. The same for me. The issue is when I set Money up to pull from the bank, I get two of the same account. If I try to delete one of the duplicates, it tells me it has to delete all accounts from that login (including the history). I do not want to do this, but what can I do to save my sanity? Thanks! ...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive