can someone walk me through setting up my email account?

  • Follow

every time i try to send email i get a pop up saying it no longer accepts
hotmail or google or yahoo accounts.

can someone walk me through set up in plain everyday (non geek) language so
i can send and receive email?
0
Reply Utf 1/23/2010 5:35:01 PM

Have you tried to call your ISP and ask them this question. They will be happy to
walk you through while you are on the phone with them

--
Peter

"tonyintampa" <tonyintampa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every time i try to send email i get a pop up saying it no longer accepts
> hotmail or google or yahoo accounts.
>
> can someone walk me through set up in plain everyday (non geek) language so
> i can send and receive email?

0
Reply Peter 1/23/2010 5:44:12 PM

Windows Mail cannot access any http email accounts.  It can access POP3 and
IMAP accounts.
You can now access Hotmail via POP3, Gmail via POP3 or IMAP, and Yahoo via
POP3 if you have the Plus account.

http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry

See these instructions for enabling POP and for configuring Windows
Mail/Live Mail....
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383
or for IMAP....
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77696&topic=12920

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html;_ylt=Ass_US_H03SPhjBZ6x3TLkutKSd4

The newer Windows Live Mail can also access MSFT http email accounts
(Hotmail/Live/MSN).

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"tonyintampa" <tonyintampa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every time i try to send email i get a pop up saying it no longer accepts
> hotmail or google or yahoo accounts.
>
> can someone walk me through set up in plain everyday (non geek) language
> so
> i can send and receive email?

0
Reply Dave 1/23/2010 10:12:29 PM

"Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Windows Mail cannot access any http email accounts.  It can access POP3
> and IMAP accounts.
> You can now access Hotmail via POP3, Gmail via POP3 or IMAP, and Yahoo via
> POP3 if you have the Plus account.
>

> http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
>

> See these instructions for enabling POP and for configuring Windows
> Mail/Live Mail....
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383
> or for IMAP....
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77696&topic=12920
>

> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html;_ylt=Ass_US_H03SPhjBZ6x3TLkutKSd4
>

> The newer Windows Live Mail can also access MSFT http email accounts
> (Hotmail/Live/MSN).
>

> --
> Dave N.
> MS-MVP (Mail)
> Windows 7  Ultimate
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>
> "tonyintampa" <tonyintampa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> every time i try to send email i get a pop up saying it no longer accepts
>> hotmail or google or yahoo accounts.
>>
>> can someone walk me through set up in plain everyday (non geek) language
>> so
>> i can send and receive email?

0
Reply andreas 3/21/2010 3:53:45 PM