Volume control gone from taskbar

  • Follow

Am not skillful, but would like volume control returned to taskbar. Currently have volume, but it is too loud.If you can fix it, tell me how. Remember I am NOT skillfull.
0
Reply Barry 2/17/2010 7:07:09 PM

Open control panel in upper right search block enter 'tray speaker' and it
will give you an option to display it on the tray.

"Barry" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> Am not skillful, but would like volume control returned to taskbar.
> Currently have volume, but it is too loud.If you can fix it, tell me how.
> Remember I am NOT skillfull.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices/

0
Reply TheDuck 2/17/2010 11:59:42 PM

I'm having the same problem, I think one of the auto updates must have done something.  When I go to task bar properties the volume icon is grayed out, you can't click on it to display, so the above fix does not work and probably won't work for Barry either.
0
Reply Melanie 2/28/2010 1:23:01 AM

Hello Melanie,

You might see if this may be able to help you get the Volume icon back
in the notification area.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/106787-notification-area-system-icons.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2009*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=87AD1AFC-4723-4479-A555-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) - '*Windows
Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*
0
Reply Brink 2/28/2010 3:17:37 AM

See:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/01/01/fix-network-clock-volume-and-power-battery-system-icons-missing-with-disabled-or-grayed-out-check-box-options/

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Melanie" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem, I think one of the auto updates must have
> done something.  When I go to task bar properties the volume icon is
> grayed out, you can't click on it to display, so the above fix does not
> work and probably won't work for Barry either.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices/Volume-control-gone-from-taskbar

0
Reply Rick 2/28/2010 3:21:37 AM

I actually went on the MS website and used one of their "Fix It" programs, had to reboot, and when I opened Properties for the task bar I was able to reactivate volume, thanks.
0
Reply Melanie 2/28/2010 3:26:30 AM

(page loaded in 0.154 seconds)

Reply: