Runtime error 429: Activex Component Can't create object

  • Follow

Dear helpers,
Kindly guide me to resolve my vista related problem. I am running .exe
file on Vista ultimate but it giving run time error "429: Activex
Component Can't create object". The exe file works well on XP.

May be it's a scripting error ....
kindly advise what to do ro resolve it.

Regards,
Hina Naz

--
Hina Naz
Hina Naz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226902.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Reply Hina 5/31/2010 4:14:09 PM

Hina Naz wrote:
> Dear helpers,
> Kindly guide me to resolve my vista related problem. I am running .exe
> file on Vista ultimate but it giving run time error "429: Activex
> Component Can't create object". The exe file works well on XP.
>
> May be it's a scripting error ....
> kindly advise what to do ro resolve it.
>
> Regards,
> Hina Naz

Right click the exe in Explore and go to properties, set the
Compatibility mode, and set Run as Administrator.

0
Reply Mr 5/31/2010 9:00:41 PM

Multiposted and answered

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Hina Naz" <Hina.Naz.4bu55c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Dear helpers,
> Kindly guide me to resolve my vista related problem. I am running .exe
> file on Vista ultimate but it giving run time error "429: Activex
> Component Can't create object". The exe file works well on XP.
>
> May be it's a scripting error ....
> kindly advise what to do ro resolve it.
>
> Regards,
> Hina Naz