SBS BPA 2008: WARNING: DNS name server records do not exists

  • Follow

Hey everyone

I get the following warning in SBS Best Practice Anaylser: "The DNS name
server records do not exists. The forward lookup zone DOMAIN.local does not
contain any DNS name server (NS) resource records with SERVER.DOMAIN.local
for the _msdcs delegation."

How can I fix this entry in dns-manager and what values do I have as
standard in this tree for an SBS 2008 Server?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Simon

0
Reply Simon 3/27/2010 4:11:25 PM

"Simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Hey everyone
>=20
> I get the following warning in SBS Best Practice Anaylser: "The DNS =
name=20
> server records do not exists. The forward lookup zone DOMAIN.local =
does not=20
> contain any DNS name server (NS) resource records with =
SERVER.DOMAIN.local=20
> for the _msdcs delegation."
>=20
> How can I fix this entry in dns-manager and what values do I have as=20
> standard in this tree for an SBS 2008 Server?
>=20
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>=20
> Simon
>=20

Open DNS, right click the grayed-out _msdcs folder under domain.local, =
choose properties. What nameserver is in the properties? It should be =
the server itself, server.domain.local.

If that is not in there, it could be a configuration issue causing it. =
To better help, post an ipconfig /all, and any event log err EventID# =
you see.

Thank you,

--=20
Ace

This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and =
confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit =
among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your =
resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & =
MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, =
please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check =
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
0
Reply Ace 3/29/2010 4:58:17 AM

(page loaded in 0.038 seconds)