Last reboot of Server 2008

  • Follow

In previous versions of Server you could run Net Statistics Server from a
command line and it was give you the time that the server was last rebooted
with "Statistics Since:".  But in Server 2008 I get "Statistics Since
1/1/1980 12:00am".  That's obviously not right, and the system time on the
server is correct.  Is there something comparable in 2008, to get the time
of the last reboot, without searching through Event Viewer?

Thanks

0
Reply JohnB 1/4/2010 3:43:42 PM

"JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> said this in news item
> In previous versions of Server you could run Net Statistics Server from a
> command line and it was give you the time that the server was last
> rebooted with "Statistics Since:".  But in Server 2008 I get "Statistics
> Since 1/1/1980 12:00am".  That's obviously not right, and the system time
> on the server is correct.  Is there something comparable in 2008, to get
> the time of the last reboot, without searching through Event Viewer?
>
> Thanks

One of the many versions of uptime.exe will tell you.

0
Reply Pegasus 1/4/2010 4:48:00 PM

Try:
 systeminfo
in a command line

"Pegasus [MVP]" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> said this in news item
>> In previous versions of Server you could run Net Statistics Server from a
>> command line and it was give you the time that the server was last
>> rebooted with "Statistics Since:".  But in Server 2008 I get "Statistics
>> Since 1/1/1980 12:00am".  That's obviously not right, and the system time
>> on the server is correct.  Is there something comparable in 2008, to get
>> the time of the last reboot, without searching through Event Viewer?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> One of the many versions of uptime.exe will tell you.

0
Reply Fernando 1/7/2010 2:22:10 PM

even better..... thanks!

"Fernando L. Roldan" <flr-listas@flr-si.com.ar> wrote in message
> Try:
> systeminfo
> in a command line
>
> "Pegasus [MVP]" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> said this in news item
>>> In previous versions of Server you could run Net Statistics Server from
>>> a command line and it was give you the time that the server was last
>>> rebooted with "Statistics Since:".  But in Server 2008 I get "Statistics
>>> Since 1/1/1980 12:00am".  That's obviously not right, and the system
>>> time on the server is correct.  Is there something comparable in 2008,
>>> to get the time of the last reboot, without searching through Event
>>> Viewer?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> One of the many versions of uptime.exe will tell you.

0
Reply JohnB 1/7/2010 5:23:47 PM

(page loaded in 0.073 seconds)