Last reboot of Server 2008

In previous versions of Server you could run Net Statistics Server from a
command line and it was give you the time that the server was last rebooted
with "Statistics Since:".  But in Server 2008 I get "Statistics Since
1/1/1980 12:00am".  That's obviously not right, and the system time on the
server is correct.  Is there something comparable in 2008, to get the time
of the last reboot, without searching through Event Viewer?

Thanks

0
JohnB

"JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> said this in news item
> In previous versions of Server you could run Net Statistics Server from a
> command line and it was give you the time that the server was last
> rebooted with "Statistics Since:".  But in Server 2008 I get "Statistics
> Since 1/1/1980 12:00am".  That's obviously not right, and the system time
> on the server is correct.  Is there something comparable in 2008, to get
> the time of the last reboot, without searching through Event Viewer?
>
> Thanks

One of the many versions of uptime.exe will tell you.

0
Pegasus
1/4/2010 4:48:00 PM
Try:
 systeminfo
in a command line

"Pegasus [MVP]" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> said this in news item
>> In previous versions of Server you could run Net Statistics Server from a
>> command line and it was give you the time that the server was last
>> rebooted with "Statistics Since:".  But in Server 2008 I get "Statistics
>> Since 1/1/1980 12:00am".  That's obviously not right, and the system time
>> on the server is correct.  Is there something comparable in 2008, to get
>> the time of the last reboot, without searching through Event Viewer?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> One of the many versions of uptime.exe will tell you.

0
Fernando
1/7/2010 2:22:10 PM
even better..... thanks!

"Fernando L. Roldan" <flr-listas@flr-si.com.ar> wrote in message
> Try:
> systeminfo
> in a command line
>
> "Pegasus [MVP]" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> said this in news item
>>> In previous versions of Server you could run Net Statistics Server from
>>> a command line and it was give you the time that the server was last
>>> rebooted with "Statistics Since:".  But in Server 2008 I get "Statistics
>>> Since 1/1/1980 12:00am".  That's obviously not right, and the system
>>> time on the server is correct.  Is there something comparable in 2008,
>>> to get the time of the last reboot, without searching through Event
>>> Viewer?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> One of the many versions of uptime.exe will tell you.

0
JohnB

Entourage 2008 and installing a dictionary

Find the last, 2nd last and 3rd last data in a column
I have data listed in several colums and need to create a formula to detail the last (most recent) 2nd last and 3rd last piece of data in the column. I have used the following formula to display the last but cant edit this or create another formula to get the 2nd and 3rd last pieces of data. =LOOKUP(2,1/(A:A<>0),A:A) Thanks in advance Jamie If there are no empty cells in the range: last cell: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)) penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-1) semi-penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-2) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme r...

How can I display worksheet summary page ie title/size/last updat.
I'm running MSExcel 2003. I am often working with large workbooks with mutiple worksheets. It would be v helpful if I could see/sort and print off a summary that shows worksheet properties similar to Explorer eg: workbook :xxxx ---------------- worksheet last update size names 1/2/04 64k companies: 5/2/03 893k etc... any ideas? Jon I wrote this sometime ago and it works as a workbook_open event (Needs to be placed in the ThisWorkbook code module). It could be adapted to work otherwise though. It adds a sheet and lists all the built-in and c...

Exchange Server Missing in the Group
I just noticed the Exchange Domain Servers Security Group Only shows 1 Exchange 2003 in there as its member. I have 3 more and they are Exchange 2007? 2 are Cluster Nodes and 1 is stand alone. Adding the rest of the servers manually would not hurt - right? Thank you It shouldn't but they don't need to be there. Exchange 2007 creates new groups. They should be there. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "WildPacket" <WildPacket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

SBS 2008 as media server?
Hi, I have an SBS 2008 prem server, which double as my business and home network. I store music and videos on the server, and have tried configuring one of my workstations as a media server via media player or media center (I can't remember which). Apparently the workstation can't share content which is located on a network drive (well, easily. I tried to configure this to work, but got no where), so I'm wondering if its possible to to configure SBS in this way. My goal is to make streaming to my ps3 or sony tv possible, which can see media servers (using dnla I b...

How long will my capital last
Hi If I had a capital sum of say �100,000 and I was taking an annua income of 5% and I was getting 3.5% interest annually - Can you help m demonstrate how long my capital last? Thank you Dust -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dusty, =3DNPER(3.5%,-5000,100000,0) If, by 5%, you mean 5% of the original investment (=A35.000 each year), = your money will last for approximately 35 years at 3.5% interest. See Excel Help for more info on NPER(). Regards, Anders Silven "Durhamr" <Durhamr.yajun@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:Durhamr.yajun@excelf...

Multi-select listbox question
I have a multi-select listbox and wish to obtain data from the last clicked record in the listbox (you'll notice that if you make multiple selections then only the last-clicked record has a dotted line around it). What, if any, listbox property identifies this record as last-clicked? Thanks Dave -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...

CRM Server Down: Authentication Error
Dear ALL, If you have a solution please advise me soon: After IT install some hotfix + .Net famework 2.0 + Service pack for .Net Frame work 2.0 and our server stop working. The error message is: Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. What I have done: 1. Backup _MSCRM & _METABASE 2. Reinstall CRM Server with the same org_name 3. Restore the backup of _MSCRM & _METABASE But system keep the same...

SQL Server Update Problems KB970892
Hopefully this will help someone. I am running XP Home. I also could not install the download many times (now I don't know how to get rid of that yellow shield on the bottom of the screen) but anyway: I checked back to see if the SQL Server 5 had indeed completely installed - it didn't and when trying to finish the install I found out that my RAM memory had to be increased (AGAIN) before the install could be completed. So off to see the Geek Squad to see about getting this done. Getting a mgs. of low virtual memory once is what led me find out this information. > ...

why is my last digit converted to zero?
I'm using Excel 2003 and when I enter a 16-digit number or cut and paste a 16-digit number, the last digit is converted to zero. This does not happen with 15 digits or fewer. Excel's numeric precision is 15 decimal digits. If you need to calculate with the number, you probably won't miss anything. If the number is a key, such as a creditcard number, add an apostroph (single quote, " `") before it; it will not show, but it will cause the number to be treated as text. Another way is to format the cell as text before entering the number -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten ...

Need help in searching last occurrence of string in text file
Hi , I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from u. I have one huge text file and i want to search last occurrence of string in that file and then cut the data after that searched line till end of file and paste it into a new text file. Any help appreciated. thanks in advance. How huge is "huge" (in Megs)? -- Rick (MVP - Excel) <sameer2211@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8cb08938-cf0e-4925-95bb-725f72df9f8d@25g2000prz.googlegroups.com... > Hi , > > I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from > u. > I hav...

DPM
I am running DPM 2007 with the latest patches. When backing up server 2008 System States, the size varies greatly. I see that the backups include a VHD in the WIndowsImageBackup folder. On a given day the size may be 8GB and that would be consistent for several days. Then for several days it may be as low as 600MB and then jumps to something in the gigs again. What accounts for the variability in the size? Are there any scheduled/un scheduled backups are happening on the local system other than the DPM doing the system state backup? -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This p...

Last logged on by
Hello! Using exchange 2003. When I look under Adminstrative groups -> Server -> "name" -> First storage group -> mailbox store -> mailboxes you can se all the mailboxes that you have and last logged on by. Under last logged on by I can se that one person (me) have logged on on to diffrent acconts, even if I havent don it. WHAT is this? Best regards Micke Micke: Did you use your account as the service account for anti-virus or spam? Also, IIRC, even if you view someone's Outlook Calendar, it would mark the mailbox as being logged on by you. Regards...

Reconnecting to exchange server
I have users that are connected via VPN tunnel, running Outlook 2003 in cached mode, multiple times during the day a window will appear stating that it is reconnecting to the exchange server. The option is set to download headers when a slow connection has been detected. It does not state that it has been detected only that it is trying to reconnect. I am wanting to make sure that the clients are connected and if are disconnected that is shows they are disconnected. Also, how to get rid of the popup window? Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Upgrade 5.5 to 2k3 but cannot use free-busy on new server
Hi, Dose anyone know hot to fix problem with free/busy scheduler. We are running Exchange 5.5 just because the free/busy have not replicated to the new server. Our replication dose not work anymore. Can't access public or system folders in Exch2k3 from Exchange Manager sw. Once Exch.5.5 is switched off we don't have scheduler information in Outlook, otherwise everything seams to work. Many thanks for your help. Anna Did you setup the system folder replication using the 2003 Exchange System Manager tool? ...

First and Last Problem
For some reason First and Last are giving the wrong data in a Totals query. I assume that somehow the data is not ordered correctly in the main table, but it does show correctly in the datasheet view. For example if I group the sample database below by Name and Year, First of Location should be B, unfortunately it shows up in the query as A. Name Year Stint Location Ed 1999 1 B Ed 1999 2 A Ed 2000 1 A Desired Result Name Year Stint Location Ed 1999 1 B (But shows up as A) Ed 2000 1 A Any ideas from someone who has seen thi...

Word 2008 changes
In Word 2008, how do I view: 1- scroll bar? 2- the toolbar at the bottom that shows current and total pages? thanks Ken Before anything else make sure you have Office fully updated -- 12.2.4 is the current build. If the software isn't updated it's pointless to chase symptoms. Once everything is updated have a look in Word> Preferences> View to be certain that all is checked in the Window section for the elements you want to have displayed. It sounds like Status Bar & Vertical Scroll Bar may not be checked. I'd avoid Live Word Count & Wrap to Window, tho...

Best practise
Hi, Two sites linked via VPN should I make the remote server a member server and also a BDC? Email will be done on the remote clients so that http/rpc is available. The remote server will only contain a copy of the main data (word docs) after earlier questions on dfs I'll be using something like robocopy to keep the two locations in sync. Thanks Simon This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D9_01CAE6D0.BB45A490 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Server at second site should ...

Converting to SQL Server
I'd like to convert a database from Access 2000 to SQL server. Does anyone have any advice as to how to get started? Use the upsizing wizard. Tools, Database Utilities, Upsizing wizard. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Powderfinger" wrote: > I'd like to convert a database from Access 2000 to SQL server. Does anyone > have any advice as to how to get started? > > > Don't know whether it is still in publication, but the :Microsoft Access Developer's Guide to SQL Server", SAMS, Chipman and Baron is very useful. The version I have w...

Extract last name from Last, First
I know this has to be a common question, but I can't find the answer... Using VBA, I need to extract the last name from the format: Last, First For example: the cell contents extract to a variable the value of JONES, AMY JONES ADAMS, HARRY ADAMS Your help would really be appreciated! I don't know how you are using it, but this shows how to get it in a variable. Sub dk() Dim lName As String lName = Left(ActiveCell, InStr(ActiveCell, ",") - 1) MsgBox lName End Sub ...

SMPT server timeout
The company director has an Acer notebook that is running windows XP and Office 2003, it connects to the network via a 4 port wireless AP, and collects mail from an mDeamon 10.0.5 eMail server. At lease once a day Outlook starts to through a SMTP tie out error and stops sending eMails, all eMails are stored in the out box. A restart of Outlook clears the error and sends the eMails, until tomorrow. To try clear this error I have, 1. Restarted the eMail server 2. Replaced the Hub/AP 3. Deleted and recreated the eMail profile. Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance ...

Not Remember Last Login Account
Is there something to tell Dynamics GP 10 to not remember the last logged in account? Everytime I log into their system as SA to do some update they call and ask me what to put in the username field. If they have to type it each time surely they will remember.... ARRRRGGGGHHHH! ------=_NextPart_0001_3E1A8ED5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Allen Have a look at my post http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/29/hybrid-clearing-the-last-user-on-a-terminal-server.aspx Otherwise wait for the next release of the Support Debugging Tool which ...

Primary server offline (for good)
My primary server crashed hard on me. I tried restoring, but obviously my disaster recovery plan needs to be updated and tested more thoroughly. It was also the first installed exchange server in the domain. What do I need to do to get everything into a stable state in my domain? There is another server with AD and exchange, in fact it already was the primary mailbox store, so I don't have to worry about that. I'm having a problem getting exchange to allow me to change the recipient update service (enterprise configuration). When I click on browse for the 'Windows Domain Cont...

Moving Exchange from server to server
Hi all, I've got two SBS2003 servers with Exchange a I want to move Exchange mailboxes from first server to second. Because I'm begginer in this area, I looking for help, net link, doc ... Thanx Well, since you can't have more than 1 SBS server in a domain, and since SBS doesn't do Trust relationships, then you are pretty much stuck with Exmerge. You can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1c12d67327d5&displaylang=en then read the document that is in the extracted files. That will explain how to run it...

Goto Last Cell function
Hello Group, I have an application where I would like to create a function that goes to the last cell in a spreadsheet. I can get this to work if I manually use the <Goto...special...last cell> function, but when I put this command into a macro and increase the length of the spreadsheet, the macro will only go as far as the last cell when the macro was saved. Any suggestions? Thanks, Julius Here's a slick formula from Harlan that will return what's in the last cell in a column, =LOOKUP(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(A1:A10000)),A1:A10000) if you need the whole column use A65535 inste...