Can I use Server 2008 product key for Multipoint Server 2010?

I downloaded a beta version of Multipoint Server 2010 from a download
site.  It installed without asking for a product key.

It might expire itself in 60 days - I'm not sure.

It's based on Server 2008 R2.  A small note on my desktop just above the
clock tells me that I have an evaluation copy of Server 2008 R2.

I have a technet subscription that's going to expire in a month.  Will
my technet product keys work for this Multipoint / Server 2008
installation and turn it into a permanent install instead of evaluation
copy?

If not, how to I keep this install of Multipoint Server 2010 from
expiring itself?
0
Server

Hello Server,

Licensing is always special with Microsoft. You should contact Microsoft
support or this questions, to get correct answers. Shouldn't have any additional
cost for this question. Sometimes you cannot use/convert a evaluation software
to another program.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I downloaded a beta version of Multipoint Server 2010 from a download
> site.  It installed without asking for a product key.
>
> It might expire itself in 60 days - I'm not sure.
>
> It's based on Server 2008 R2.  A small note on my desktop just above
> the clock tells me that I have an evaluation copy of Server 2008 R2.
>
> I have a technet subscription that's going to expire in a month.  Will
> my technet product keys work for this Multipoint / Server 2008
> installation and turn it into a permanent install instead of
> evaluation copy?
>
> If not, how to I keep this install of Multipoint Server 2010 from
> expiring itself?

0
Meinolf

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Can't send/receive

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Microsoft Exchange Server #4
I need help. Everytime a send an email in Outlook, a window pops up with "Request for data from Microsoft Exchange Server". It takes 1-2 minutes for the request to run out. If I cancel the request, I have to restart outlook and it just starts over again everytime I send an email. Does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent this from occuring? Are you using an Exchange server? What version of Outlook? What SP = level is Offiice/Outlook? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Randy a...

Can not Customize Leads View

ODBC an GP 2010
I've just finished an upgrade from V8 to GP 2010 (and to a new Win 2008 server). The server is fine. I had the install create the ODBC at each of 17 workstations. None of them work. I've tested the ODBC and it fails to connect to the server. I cannot create a new Native 10.0 Client connection either. I can create a SQL connection using Named Pipes but it appears that cannot be used for GP 2010. Workstations are all XP 32 bit, server is 64 bit. Not sure if this is a GP 2010 issue or not but I'm hoping to not have to bring them back to V8!! -- Gina Hoener, MCT Sum...

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

What is the quickest way to get an xml based dataset to add entries to SQL Server?
Because there is no 'datareader' involved, what is the most efficient way to get an XML based dataset to be added to an SQL server dataset? I would hate to have to create a new SQL connection and iterate through making "executenonquery" for each row in the dataset. That seems horribly in-efficient. I know of no other way to get an xml based dataset to push data to the database though. Any pointers? Thanks for any pointers, Peter Robbins Freelance Programmer C#/PHP "MurdockSE" <murdock@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153922058.675709.165630@h48g2000cwc.go...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

Running simple business using office
Hi, I'm a student and have begun selling some books on amazon. I wanted to develop my business process skills so see it as running a small business. I want to use office to store my 'inventory,' transactions, generate simple invoices and perform some simple analysis e.g. how much i made in a month. (I have student edition with excel and word) I want to keep one data source from which I can perform these tasks. I've got a lot of programming experience but its more from a business process perspective i'm interested. e.g. the best way to store and manipulate the data. I would ...

word 2010 crashes when trying to add digital signature to documen
Have not been able to add digital signatures to word 2010 beta documents ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=75799873-9165-496a-84a8-b4dd0603811b&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanage...