Can I use Server 2008 product key for Multipoint Server 2010?

  • Follow

I downloaded a beta version of Multipoint Server 2010 from a download
site.  It installed without asking for a product key.

It might expire itself in 60 days - I'm not sure.

It's based on Server 2008 R2.  A small note on my desktop just above the
clock tells me that I have an evaluation copy of Server 2008 R2.

I have a technet subscription that's going to expire in a month.  Will
my technet product keys work for this Multipoint / Server 2008
installation and turn it into a permanent install instead of evaluation
copy?

If not, how to I keep this install of Multipoint Server 2010 from
expiring itself?
0
Reply Server 2/15/2010 4:29:25 AM

Hello Server,

Licensing is always special with Microsoft. You should contact Microsoft
support or this questions, to get correct answers. Shouldn't have any additional
cost for this question. Sometimes you cannot use/convert a evaluation software
to another program.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I downloaded a beta version of Multipoint Server 2010 from a download
> site.  It installed without asking for a product key.
>
> It might expire itself in 60 days - I'm not sure.
>
> It's based on Server 2008 R2.  A small note on my desktop just above
> the clock tells me that I have an evaluation copy of Server 2008 R2.
>
> I have a technet subscription that's going to expire in a month.  Will
> my technet product keys work for this Multipoint / Server 2008
> installation and turn it into a permanent install instead of
> evaluation copy?
>
> If not, how to I keep this install of Multipoint Server 2010 from
> expiring itself?

0
Reply Meinolf 2/15/2010 1:34:58 PM

(page loaded in 0.103 seconds)