Windows 7 does not prompt to change expiring password

We are currently upgrading all of our users to windows 7.  One thing
we have noticed is that they are no longer getting alerts to reset
their password before it expires.  If they log into a Server 2003 or
an XP machine, they get the alert.  Please let me know if there is a
fix for this problem.  Thanks.
0
braydonsdad

On 28/05/2010 19:07, braydonsdad@gmail.com wrote:
> We are currently upgrading all of our users to windows 7.  One thing
> we have noticed is that they are no longer getting alerts to reset
> their password before it expires.  If they log into a Server 2003 or
> an XP machine, they get the alert.  Please let me know if there is a
> fix for this problem.  Thanks.

Windows 7 does prompt you - but it doesn't do it at login like XP/2003
does. If your password is due to expire, a notification bubble will
appear next to the clock shortly after logging in.

Personally I prefer it that way, having to click past an extra dialog
box was irritating on older versions.

--
Chris M.
0

track changes text shows on screen does not print
tracked changes (of an imported excel graphic) shows on screen in final view but does not print. I accepted the changes and it still shows on screen but does not print. (1) In your Print dialog, you probably have a "Print What?" menu. Change it to "Document with Markup." (2) If you've Accepted the Changes, they should not still show on screen. Are they changes made in Excel that need to be Accepted in Ecxel? On Mar 31, 12:42=A0pm, Hyphenation <Hyphenat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > tracked changes (of an imported excel graphic) shows ...

Z Report #7
Hi everyone, I need to understand the X Report. Specially when you use layaways, is not clear to me where it shows the payments against the final sale. Is there a document that would explain each line of this report??? Thanks, Sacha can't remember where I found this. hope it helps Register - Number given to register where report was produced Batch Number - The number assigned by Store Operations to identify the current batch. Batch Status - Shows whether the batch is closed or not Start Date - Date when batch begins Start Time - Time when batch begins End Date - Date when batch...

Windows live mail

Changed Profile
I changed the profile on a computer from Administrator to my name also with Administrator capability. All the folders of stored emails were subsquently gone or hidden in the Administrator profile. I had to resetup my Email profile under Outlook. Is there a way to find them and restore? I am missing about a monthes worth of emails. Thanks The files are still there - but if you're using NTFS as your file format, you'll probably need to take ownership of the folder(s) that contained them - check c:\documents and settings\oldusername permissions in Windows Explorer....you can t...

Creating charts that show change in % rather than $
I have Money 2004. When I create a chart of changing investment value, I'd like the chart in % change rather than dollars. Is there a way to do that? ...

reinstalling windows

Windows Vista

open windows

Outlook password
We have a setup of Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 and OWA as clients supported .Need to know if there is a way of tracking when a user has changed his Outlook 2003 password. On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:50:01 -0700, "gwmon" <gwmon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a setup of Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 and OWA as clients >supported .Need to know if there is a way of tracking when a user has changed >his Outlook 2003 password. There isn't an Outlook password. It's your Active Directory password. Try the AD groups for auditing. ...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Changing footnotes to endnotes
How do I change footnotes to endnotes in Word 97? -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk Not sure about Word 97, but in 2000 and 2003 go to the Footnote reference create dialog, in 2003 this is under Insert, Reference, Footnote, on this dialog there is a Convert button, clcik this and you have choice of Converting All Footnotes to Endnotes, Converting All Endnotes to Footnotes, and Swap Footnotes and Endnote...

Change a range of data in a query
Hi All, I just realized a mistake in our database. I need to change 100,000+/- entries. I have a query that shows me all the wrong entries, so is there a way I can select a range of wrong data can change it from 83 to 157? My query isn't exact enough to show me just the wrong data, but I can modify it to do so. Thanks Chad Chad Have you looked into using an Update query? (see Access HELP) CAUTION!!! Be sure you have your database backed up BEFORE you run an update query. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may ha...

Windows recovery console

Change Order for a Report
Can I change the report order by HorseName1 Asending [Not by HorseID] or by dtdate as this is doing Thanks for any Help...Bob Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Category.ControlSource = "='" & Form_frmMain.cbCategory & "'" tblHorseInfo,qryCategory where tblRemarks.HorseID=tblHorseInfo.HorseID and qryCategory.HorseID = tblHorseInfo.HorseID and qryCategory.dtdate1 = tblRemarks.dtDate ORDER BY tblRemarks.dtDate DESC; Me.RecordSource = "SELECT tblRemarks.dtDate, funGetHorse(0, qryCategory.HorseID,false) AS HorseName1, " _ &...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Publisher
I have used Publisher for years and recently upgraded to Office Professional 2003 on my home computer. I have color pictures that I bring into the document, change them to grayscale and adjust the brightness and contrast. When I view the document at this point, the pictures look like I need them to - black & white with the proper brightness and contrast. I then save the document. I then will close the document. When I reopen the document, the previous changes are lost and the pictures are colored again, even though I have saved the changes. I don't remember having this proble...

Windows update error