Windows 7 does not prompt to change expiring password

  • Follow

We are currently upgrading all of our users to windows 7.  One thing
we have noticed is that they are no longer getting alerts to reset
their password before it expires.  If they log into a Server 2003 or
an XP machine, they get the alert.  Please let me know if there is a
fix for this problem.  Thanks.
0
Reply braydonsdad 5/28/2010 6:07:30 PM

On 28/05/2010 19:07, braydonsdad@gmail.com wrote:
> We are currently upgrading all of our users to windows 7.  One thing
> we have noticed is that they are no longer getting alerts to reset
> their password before it expires.  If they log into a Server 2003 or
> an XP machine, they get the alert.  Please let me know if there is a
> fix for this problem.  Thanks.

Windows 7 does prompt you - but it doesn't do it at login like XP/2003
does. If your password is due to expire, a notification bubble will
appear next to the clock shortly after logging in.

Personally I prefer it that way, having to click past an extra dialog
box was irritating on older versions.

--
Chris M.
0