Using a compressed folder

  • Follow

Is there a way to treat a compressed folder in PowerShell in the same
manner that Windows Explorer does, that is, to just copy files to and
from it the same way this is done with a normal folder, and have the
compression be transparent to the script?

If not, what would be the best way to build a .zip file with PowerShell?

I am using Vista.

Thanks,

Al
0
Reply Al 1/9/2010 3:42:47 AM

If you're looking to build .zip files, I think the best option would be to
upgrade to V2 if you haven't already, and then get the powershellpack from
the resource kit:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/PowerShellPack

You get a module for handling .zip files, and a bunch of other potentially
useful stuff.

"Al Fansome" wrote:

> Is there a way to treat a compressed folder in PowerShell in the same
> manner that Windows Explorer does, that is, to just copy files to and
> from it the same way this is done with a normal folder, and have the
> compression be transparent to the script?
>
> If not, what would be the best way to build a .zip file with PowerShell?
>
> I am using Vista.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al
> .