Service Pak 3 problems

  • Follow

I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 running XP Media Center 2002.

About a week ago I began having blue screen errors and eventually BSOD. I
paid about $400 to retrieve my data, upgrade the hardisk to 360 from 120 and
put my data back on the new disk.

When I got home I began reinstalling all of my programs. Windows update was
doing its thing and then I lost sound on my Realtek High Def....then blue
screens began happening. I tried unstalling the (code 39) missing or corrupt
Audio drivers and reinstalling, to no avail.

 It took me about 6 hours of searching the web and I found a couple of
references to Service pak 3 causing problems with sound...something about an
"Audio Bus bridge", or something, microsoft forgot to include. There was a
comment from a tech a Microsoft saying they would no longer support this
"thing" (sorry PC knowledge is limited).

I uninstalled service pak 3 and immediately my blue screens stopped and the
sound came back on!

So here I sit with service pak 2 (which I've read leads to a 32% chance of
trojans/virus etc), which will no longer be supported after July.

My question? What to do?
0
Reply Utf 3/5/2010 11:28:32 PM

Did you try MS UAA ?

 http://www.mediafire.com/?4ben9zlesng
MS UAA (for XP SP3):
http://couponmeister.com/blog/HD_Audio/KB835221.exe

regards,
S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]

"L.p" <Lp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 running XP Media Center 2002.
>
> About a week ago I began having blue screen errors and eventually BSOD. I
> paid about $400 to retrieve my data, upgrade the hardisk to 360 from 120
> and
> put my data back on the new disk.
>
> When I got home I began reinstalling all of my programs. Windows update
> was
> doing its thing and then I lost sound on my Realtek High Def....then blue
> screens began happening. I tried unstalling the (code 39) missing or
> corrupt
> Audio drivers and reinstalling, to no avail.
>
> It took me about 6 hours of searching the web and I found a couple of
> references to Service pak 3 causing problems with sound...something about
> an
> "Audio Bus bridge", or something, microsoft forgot to include. There was a
> comment from a tech a Microsoft saying they would no longer support this
> "thing" (sorry PC knowledge is limited).
>
> I uninstalled service pak 3 and immediately my blue screens stopped and
> the
> sound came back on!
>
> So here I sit with service pak 2 (which I've read leads to a 32% chance of
> trojans/virus etc), which will no longer be supported after July.
>
> My question? What to do?

> signature database 4909 (20100302) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4909 (20100302) __________