webcam freezing

So when i use the video call on windows live, my webcam will freeze up every
time.  At first starting the video chat, it will generally work fine for the
first few minutes, after that its history.  every once in a while, it will
work for a split second, enough to change the picture, and then freeze again.
Audio through the call is fine on my end, i can still talk back and forth,
the person on the other end says that occasionally my audio will pause for a
few seconds and then come through all at once really fast.

I have another program on my computer that uses my built in webcam, and it
works fine, so i doubt its my webcam that is the problem here...

any suggestions?
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This usually has to do with your internet speed not being able to stream
the video.  :(

--
Americano

TRYING THE SAME THING OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT = INSANITY
http://www.vistax64.com/images/styles/vista/buttons/reputation.gif
-*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*-
0
Americano
4/22/2010 3:03:19 AM
Greetings,

Instead of using the video call, try using the webcam function instead (these are separate).
To initiate the webcam, just click the small webcam icon next to your display picture in a
conversation window and choose 'Show my webcam'.  The other person can do the same, or you
can request it using the duplicate icon next to them.

See how that works out.  You can also add audio ("Call" button) afterwards as well.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"abc123" <abc123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So when i use the video call on windows live, my webcam will freeze up every
> time.  At first starting the video chat, it will generally work fine for the
> first few minutes, after that its history.  every once in a while, it will
> work for a split second, enough to change the picture, and then freeze again.
> Audio through the call is fine on my end, i can still talk back and forth,
> the person on the other end says that occasionally my audio will pause for a
> few seconds and then come through all at once really fast.
>
> I have another program on my computer that uses my built in webcam, and it
> works fine, so i doubt its my webcam that is the problem here...
>
> any suggestions?

0
Jonathan
4/22/2010 4:04:10 AM
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:04:10 -0400, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
<msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>Instead of using the video call, try using the webcam function instead (these are separate).
>To initiate the webcam, just click the small webcam icon next to your display picture in a
>conversation window and choose 'Show my webcam'.  The other person can do the same, or you
>can request it using the duplicate icon next to them.
>
>See how that works out.  You can also add audio ("Call" button) afterwards as well.
>
>--
>Jonathan Kay
>Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
>MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
>MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
>Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>(c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
hello..
i have the same problem...when i change to web cam view...the video is
ok no freezing on both ends but ...no option to speak just you can
type only...
or maybe i cant see it..
thank you
best regards
natka
0
natka

Word freezes during mail merge
Word repeatedly freezes in the middle of sending a mail merge to several email addresses. It doesn't seem to have any pattern. It may happen after sending only 2 mails; it may happen after several dozen. I had to restart Word about 5 times during my last mail merge to 114 people. When this happens, Outlook also stops responding until Word is closed. I have to close Word via the Task Manager, upon which I get the following message: Description: A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 App...

Outlook Attachment Freezes
On a few machines on our network, when you are creating an e-mail and attempting to attach a file from our server, it freezes at a certain point on the list of files in our server. It seems to happen to groups of people - 4 or 5 out of 35 users. We have updated everything and sometimes that works. Sometimes the problem crops up again. We have uninstalled and reinstalled. Our server is running Windows 2000 and we run Outlook 2000. Any ideas? Is this an indication that we need to upgrade our Outlook? Thank you. ...

Pictures from webcam
Hi, I have a database for custom parts, I need to take a picture of each part and associate the picture with is corresponding record, I have 15 producion lines and an a front end application controling the flow of each part, there are a lot of parts (1000's each day) so linking one by one manually is just no possible (and not every one could doit) Is there a way to get the picture from the web cam an placed as an ole object on the record using a command button? Or that by clicling the button the image get stored on a folder, storing the reference path per each picture with is corres...

Freezing Columns and Header
I would like to freeze the first column and the header line. How do I do this. I can freeze either one but not at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas, or is this impossible. Hi - move the cursor to cell B2 - goto 'Windows - Freeze Panes' It will freeze all rows above the current cursor position and all columns left to this position -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Wendj421 wrote: > I would like to freeze the first column and the header line. How do > I do this. I can freeze either one but not at the same time. Does > anyone have any ideas, or is this ...

WebCam Issues
Here is a strange one. Using Windows Live Messenger my webcam will work with some friends but not with others, I get "Messenger is not available right now. Please try again later. (0x80ee000c)". This happens with only 2 of my friends all the others work fine. My Router is a Draytek 2800 and UPnP is enabled. I have disabled to QoS Service. The webcam works in all other applications. I have checked the router logs and there is nothing shown there I am running Windows 7 (HP ver). Can anyone help? ...

Freezing Panes #4
Can you freeze more than one pane on 1 worksheet (I.e. freeze a column and a role similtaneously)? Yes. If you select cell B2 and Freeze panes, it will freeze Column A and Row 1. If you select cell C3 and Freeze panes, it will freeze Column A and B and Row 1 and 2. And so on. Regards Trevor "Gary S." <GaryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:791C0308-0701-49C7-9776-0C0669F57912@microsoft.com... > Can you freeze more than one pane on 1 worksheet (I.e. freeze a column and > a > role similtaneously)? ...

webcam
hello i got some problem to install my webcam from canon, i got the cd and everything but when it start to install a error msgbox apare and ells me that a folder wont be find and even i creat thet folder it wont find it. it worked on my old computer just fine :S please help me and sorry for the bad english -- dragaria ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dragaria's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/221714.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1338264.htm http://forums.techarena.in dragaria wr...

Outlook 2000 freezes on startup in Windows 98
When loading Outlook 2000 in Windows 98, it never gets past the splash screen. Ctrl alt del shows that it doesn't say the program is not responding (doesn't say "(Not Responding)" next to it in task list). It has worked on the computer before with that OS and software and abruptly stopped. There is no error message, it just stays at the splash screen. Any ideas? Thanks. You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causi...

Freezing Panes #11
When I attempt to freeze the top header pane in a sheet for scrolling purposes, Excel freezes the first 13 panes instead. How do I fix this. Thanks in advance for any help Jerry Remove the frozen panes (window|Unfreeze panes) Select A1 (so you can see it on the screen) If you want the first 3 rows frozen, select A4 and window|Freeze Panes Every row above the selected cell will be frozen. If you want to freeze columns, then select a cell. Every column to the left of that selected cell will be frozen. So if I showed A1, then selected E9, then rows 1-8 would be frozen. And the same...

WebCam
This new version of messenger is a pure joke so many problems, why don't use msn messenger 8.5 as an exemple, that was the best version you ever had, I don't understand why microsoft complicates things thinking that easy means easy to use when they only make things worst. ...

Outlook 2007 freezes #5
Outlook seems to freeze when it is in the process of downloading new email. It also seems to freeze for other unknown reasons. Sometime it rees up after a few minutes, and other times I have to try and close it, get the message saying that Outlook is not responding and gives me the option to restart.. this is very anoying. Some of the usual questions: - have you installed all the service packs and patches? - might indexing be running and taking time? (is the hard drive active, etc) "dgperry" <dgperry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC8FAFA8-2FD6-4193-...

Id like to freeze the first row for headers and freeze the very b.
Id like to be able to freeze the very first row for headers and freeze the very bottom row for totals only and be able to scroll thru the rows in between can i do this? Hi no you can't do this in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bill wrote: > Id like to be able to freeze the very first row for headers and > freeze the very bottom row for totals only and be able to scroll thru > the rows in between can i do this? You can freeze the top and left of a window, but not the bottom. To freeze the top row: Select Row 2 Choose Window>Freeze Panes To simulate f...

freezing panes in web
Hi I would like to publish a excel spreadsheet that is very long. Is there a way of saving the spreadsheet to web, but also have the titles frozen, thanks Tim ...

Freezing Cells
Does anyone know how to freeze cells so they stay in one place while you scroll the rest of the sheet? Select cell A2 and choose Freeze Panes from the Window menu. This will freeze row 1 at the top of the screen. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "RaeJenUser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F841BA-C24E-4AAC-B45D-EA01FE731FA0@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to freeze cells so they stay in one place while you scroll the rest of the sheet? ...

webcam freezing
So when i use the video call on windows live, my webcam will freeze up every time. At first starting the video chat, it will generally work fine for the first few minutes, after that its history. every once in a while, it will work for a split second, enough to change the picture, and then freeze again. Audio through the call is fine on my end, i can still talk back and forth, the person on the other end says that occasionally my audio will pause for a few seconds and then come through all at once really fast. I have another program on my computer that uses my built in webcam, ...

Money 2000 Freezes when I am in transaction editing box from reports
Money 2000 1/ When I am editing a transaction fro the editing box out of a report "Money" freezes at each step. Do I need to reinstall it and if I do how should I do that with the least disruption. 2/ It has recently kept asking me for disc in my CD drive at start up. It never used to and the problem mentioned above happened at the same time. 3/ I back up all my documents weekly to an external hard drive including Money files. Is there anyway I can stop it asking me every time I switch accounts where I want it saved to? Thank you Dermot In microsoft.public.money, singapore...

computer freeze on deleting message
System: Dell Optiplex GX270, Windows XP SP2, Office 2000 SP3, Outlook in POP3 mode. Problem: Open Outlook, try to delete messages from Inbox or any other folder - sometimes it works, and sometimes the screen goes black and I have to power off and on. No Windows blue screen, nothing in the logs, just a black screen. Tried: reinstalled XP SP2 (Dell's suggestion), ran Office repair, ran chkdsk, virus scan, spyware scan. Computer passes all tests on Dell diagnostic CD - no memory or HD errors. Created new Outlook account with different user and it happens there, too. Any other sugges...

Windows server 2008 R2 freezes
Hi, I'm using windows server 2008 R2. Sometimes my system freezes and note even ctrl+alt+del is working.. everything freezes. My system is running on intel core 2 duo with 2 gb DDR2 RAM 160 gb harddisk. Is this a hardware problem. If so can anyone tell me what is the problem or how to find the problem. Hello Vijay, Did you make sure in the device manager that all devices are correct installed? Do you use all correct drivers from the hardware vendors website for the machine? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with...

Microsoft outlook freezes
ok, I had problems replying mails, but not creating, them. When i tried to reply a mail i got freezed only the reply window, i could only close it with the task manager and then continue using outlook.I thought that it was fault of the word (because i have seen something similar before), so i disable it. Now i can create mails and send them, but when i trie to reply them it gets freeze. any idea? thanks... I forgot it, it's outlook 2002 running on windows XP >-----Original Message----- >ok, I had problems replying mails, but not creating, >them. When i tried to reply a ...

How do I start WORD 2003 as my e-mail editor? Outlook freezes up .
After several months of working properly my Office Pro 2003 Outlook won't allow me to write e-mail messages. When I select, reply or new, for an e-mail message it gives me the window that it is starting WORD 2003 as my e-mail editor but it doesn't open Word. It just freezes up and doesn;t do anything. I attempted "detect and repair" but this hasn't helped. Whay can I do? do you have any addins installed in word? does it work if word is already open? if yes to either, disable the addins. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Ho...

Freezing Panes #10
Is it posible to freeze vertical and horizontal panes at the same time? I have a large worksheet and I need to see lines 1-3 and column A at al times. Currently this worksheet has 472 lines and columns out to AE -- pkniven ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pknivens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2767 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47573 Yes, put the cursor in cell B4 and then Window>Freeze Panes -- HTH Bob Phillips "pknivens" <pknivens.1wu2aa_112919...

Webcam...
Hi i'm having a problem with my webcam on windows live messenger. I had to reinstall WLM again the other day and now i can do video calls but i no longer have the option to just send or recieve a single webcam. I cant offer to send my webcam and when anyone offers to view it, it just comes up saying i declined but it works ok if anyone offers a video session. Thanks in advance for any help :) > Hi i'm having a problem with my webcam on windows live messenger. I had to > reinstall WLM again the other day and now i can do video calls but i no > longer have the op...

Outlook 2000 freezes at startup
My Outlook 2000 starts and then freezes when it goes to display the inbox. I managed to get it to work by switching to a new pst file, but I have 1200 messages in my old inbox that I need, and when ever I select this foledr (even though it is not in the 'active' pst) it hangs. Trying to avoid the preview does not help. Any ideas appreciated. run the inbox repair tool on the problem pst - you may have to run it several times PS backing up data is a good idea, MS even provides a free addin http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd0...

Excel's RAND(): Freezing & De-Freezing?
Hello everyone, Suppose I am using a modeler/optimizer (e.g. MPL or AMPL). I use a VBA code to run that modeler/optimizer several times through a VBA loop which calls MPL each time. Each time the model runs, it reads a value from an excel cell which has rand() in it and writes it after each single run. How do I use VBA to freeze and de-freeze that cell so it does change only when needed; NOT everytime I breeze (you know what I mean)!? Thanks, Mike Mike, Here's one way. Goto Tools>Options and on the Calculation tab click the Iteration checkbox (this will suppress circular reference...

Word freezes in print menu
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Every time that i try and print a word document and i go to file to print it freezes and has to be forced quit. does anyone know whats going on? <br><br>Thanks It's trying to reach a printer that is no longer there. First, shut down the computer until the power turns off, then bring it back up again. That may fix it. If not: Try removing your printer, then reboot and put the printer back in again. Hope this helps On 24/03/10 2:20 PM, in article 59bb5d00.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "joneser63...