webcam freezing

  • Follow

So when i use the video call on windows live, my webcam will freeze up every
time.  At first starting the video chat, it will generally work fine for the
first few minutes, after that its history.  every once in a while, it will
work for a split second, enough to change the picture, and then freeze again.
Audio through the call is fine on my end, i can still talk back and forth,
the person on the other end says that occasionally my audio will pause for a
few seconds and then come through all at once really fast.

I have another program on my computer that uses my built in webcam, and it
works fine, so i doubt its my webcam that is the problem here...

any suggestions?
0
Reply Utf 4/22/2010 1:57:01 AM

This usually has to do with your internet speed not being able to stream
the video.  :(

--
Americano

TRYING THE SAME THING OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT = INSANITY
http://www.vistax64.com/images/styles/vista/buttons/reputation.gif
-*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*-
0
Reply Americano 4/22/2010 3:03:19 AM

Greetings,

Instead of using the video call, try using the webcam function instead (these are separate).
To initiate the webcam, just click the small webcam icon next to your display picture in a
conversation window and choose 'Show my webcam'.  The other person can do the same, or you
can request it using the duplicate icon next to them.

See how that works out.  You can also add audio ("Call" button) afterwards as well.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"abc123" <abc123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So when i use the video call on windows live, my webcam will freeze up every
> time.  At first starting the video chat, it will generally work fine for the
> first few minutes, after that its history.  every once in a while, it will
> work for a split second, enough to change the picture, and then freeze again.
> Audio through the call is fine on my end, i can still talk back and forth,
> the person on the other end says that occasionally my audio will pause for a
> few seconds and then come through all at once really fast.
>
> I have another program on my computer that uses my built in webcam, and it
> works fine, so i doubt its my webcam that is the problem here...
>
> any suggestions?

0
Reply Jonathan 4/22/2010 4:04:10 AM

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:04:10 -0400, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
<msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>Instead of using the video call, try using the webcam function instead (these are separate).
>To initiate the webcam, just click the small webcam icon next to your display picture in a
>conversation window and choose 'Show my webcam'.  The other person can do the same, or you
>can request it using the duplicate icon next to them.
>
>See how that works out.  You can also add audio ("Call" button) afterwards as well.
>
>--
>Jonathan Kay
>Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
>MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
>MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
>Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>(c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
hello..
i have the same problem...when i change to web cam view...the video is
ok no freezing on both ends but ...no option to speak just you can
type only...
or maybe i cant see it..
thank you
best regards