Windows Live mail and Ameritech.net email

I use Windows Live Mail to collect my emails with many different accounts.
One of them is XXXXX@ameritech.net. It worked fine until last week and now
cannot logon.  Now asking for my password over and over.

It is setup according to att.yahoo.com instruction.  (incoming on port 995
and outgoing 465 etc)  I get an error message.

_______
Unable to send or receive messages for the Ameritech (healthysmile) account.
The host 'pop.att.yahoo.com:995' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.

Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com:995'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 11001
_______

Is anyone aware of changes at att/yahoo or with WLM?

windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:59:51 -0700, AndyB wrote:

> I use Windows Live Mail to collect my emails with many different accounts.
> One of them is XXXXX@ameritech.net. It worked fine until last week and now
> cannot logon.  Now asking for my password over and over.
>
> It is setup according to att.yahoo.com instruction.  (incoming on port 995
> and outgoing 465 etc)  I get an error message.
>
> _______
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Ameritech (healthysmile) account.
> The host 'pop.att.yahoo.com:995' could not be found. Please verify that you
> have entered the server name correctly.
>
> Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com:995'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 11001
> _______
>
> Is anyone aware of changes at att/yahoo or with WLM?

Does WLM Wave 4 not have an option to specify the port, instead of naming
the server with the appended port? WLM Wave 3 has such an option. In your
accound list, right click on your AT&T/Yahoo! account and select:
"Properties".

On the "Servers" tab ensure that:

Incoming mail (POP3): pop.att.yahoo.com
Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com

"Log on using clear text authentication" is selected under the "Incoming
Mail Server" section.

"My server requires authentication" is checked under "Outgoing Mail Server".

Click on the "Settings" and make sure that "Use same settings as my incoming
mail server" is selected.

On the "Advanced" tab ensure that:

Outgoing mail (SMTP): 465, and check the box labeled, "This server requires
a secure connection (SSL)".

Incoming mail (POP3): 995, and check the box labeled, "This server requires
a secure connection (SSL)".

I just sent a test email through 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'. During the WLM 'Sync'
process, I received new email from 'pop.att.yahoo.com'. My email domain is,
'pacbell.net'.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Use the settings specified by your provider:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"AndyB"  wrote in message news:E69B61A7-1C6F-4817-8E30-DF6C62361AC7@microsoft.com...

I use Windows Live Mail to collect my emails with many different accounts.
One of them is XXXXX@ameritech.net. It worked fine until last week and now
cannot logon.  Now asking for my password over and over.

It is setup according to att.yahoo.com instruction.  (incoming on port 995
and outgoing 465 etc)  I get an error message.

_______
Unable to send or receive messages for the Ameritech (healthysmile) account.
The host 'pop.att.yahoo.com:995' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.

Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com:995'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 11001
_______

Is anyone aware of changes at att/yahoo or with WLM?

0
Gary

email problems
I am getting the following error message when I try to acces my email. Please advise. Thank you. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x80004005 In your browser go to http://mail.yahoo.com and log in to that account. Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you want to save any messages, create a new folder and move those messages to the new folder. Empty the spam and thrash folders also. Close webmail, then try Windows Mail again. Gary ...

emails sent from work
I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? "dummy" <dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32256DDD-4E7B-48F7-AF7A-2D2080B94BFB@microsoft.com > I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in > my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? Inbox where? ...

outlook 2003 automatic send receive does not receive all emails
I have 80 users using outlook 2003 with windows XP. When the user press the send/receive button stacks on "send/receive status ##%". Even at sending... Sometimes the outlook completes the send/receive and the user doesn't receive all the emails. If I go on OWA there are new emails that the user didn\t download even though the send/receive is complete. to resolve for the moment the problem, the users have to close the outlook, open it again and then either automatic send/receive or manually they receive the new emails. I checked all windows and office upd...

reinstalling windows

how to archive all incoming/outgoing emails on exchange 2003
We recently upgraded from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. On exchange 5.5, we used to archive all incoming and outgoing mails (using the diagnostic log I think). How can I do the same thing under exchange 2003? For those who is curious, it's a standard corporate policy to archive incoming/outgoing mails. Thanks. look at journaling: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/261173/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843105/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <nobigworld@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138052738.764679.83220@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We recently upgraded from e...

Multiple email accounts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I'm trying to set up multiple email accounts. When I do so, all the mail from all the accounts ends up in a folder &quot;on my computer.&quot; I'm migrating from Apple mail, and in that program, in the pane on the left and side of the program, each account was listed individually, and when I selected that account, only the messages associated with that account appeared. I assume there's a way to do that in Entourage, but I can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone help? ...

[ANN] RenderX seeks beta-testers for XEP.NET
Dear all, RenderX, Inc. [1] plans to release a pure .NET version of its Java XSL-FO formatter, XEP [2]. We are looking for beta testers for the new product. If you are interested in trying XEP under .NET and eager to share your impressions with us, please send an email to: beta-request@renderx.com Please include a short description of your intended XEP use. Note: we are mostly interested in integration experience, so preference will be given to requests for deployment and usage of XEP as a component. Running XEP from the command line is of lesser interest. RenderX reserves the right to ...

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Outlook email won't print from open message
Hi, Wonder if anybody has any idea how to deal with this one. Can't find anything in the knowledge base about this specific error. When an email message is opened in Outlook, choosing File + Print results in the following error message: Function address 0x77fcdf2a caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed. It does print from the print command when accessed directly from the header with a right click on the menu. In addition, since this problem cropped up, the same happens during some printing functions in IE 6 and wit...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Queue not retrieving email
Hi everyone, Something weird is happening. Last week, we created a queue user in Active Directory (by the book, no mistakes) and in CRM. Everything worked fine for a couple of days, i. e., email sent to the email address was then retrieved by the CRM and placed in the queue. Unfortunately, this stopped happening for no apparent reason approximately 30 hours after the first message was received. Email messages are correctly delivered to the Exchange mailbox, where they are correctly stored (and can even be retrieved by POP3). The queue configuration has been checked and it complies wi...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

Windows recovery console

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...