Windows Live mail and Ameritech.net email

  • Follow

I use Windows Live Mail to collect my emails with many different accounts.
One of them is XXXXX@ameritech.net. It worked fine until last week and now
cannot logon.  Now asking for my password over and over.

It is setup according to att.yahoo.com instruction.  (incoming on port 995
and outgoing 465 etc)  I get an error message.

_______
Unable to send or receive messages for the Ameritech (healthysmile) account.
The host 'pop.att.yahoo.com:995' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.

Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com:995'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 11001
_______

Is anyone aware of changes at att/yahoo or with WLM?

0
Reply Utf 7/7/2010 12:59:51 AM

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:59:51 -0700, AndyB wrote:

> I use Windows Live Mail to collect my emails with many different accounts.
> One of them is XXXXX@ameritech.net. It worked fine until last week and now
> cannot logon.  Now asking for my password over and over.
>
> It is setup according to att.yahoo.com instruction.  (incoming on port 995
> and outgoing 465 etc)  I get an error message.
>
> _______
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Ameritech (healthysmile) account.
> The host 'pop.att.yahoo.com:995' could not be found. Please verify that you
> have entered the server name correctly.
>
> Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com:995'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 11001
> _______
>
> Is anyone aware of changes at att/yahoo or with WLM?

Does WLM Wave 4 not have an option to specify the port, instead of naming
the server with the appended port? WLM Wave 3 has such an option. In your
accound list, right click on your AT&T/Yahoo! account and select:
"Properties".

On the "Servers" tab ensure that:

Incoming mail (POP3): pop.att.yahoo.com
Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com

"Log on using clear text authentication" is selected under the "Incoming
Mail Server" section.

"My server requires authentication" is checked under "Outgoing Mail Server".

Click on the "Settings" and make sure that "Use same settings as my incoming
mail server" is selected.

On the "Advanced" tab ensure that:

Outgoing mail (SMTP): 465, and check the box labeled, "This server requires
a secure connection (SSL)".

Incoming mail (POP3): 995, and check the box labeled, "This server requires
a secure connection (SSL)".

I just sent a test email through 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'. During the WLM 'Sync'
process, I received new email from 'pop.att.yahoo.com'. My email domain is,
'pacbell.net'.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

That '995' should not be entered as part of the server name.

Use the settings specified by your provider:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"AndyB"  wrote in message news:E69B61A7-1C6F-4817-8E30-DF6C62361AC7@microsoft.com...

[...]

Reply Gary 7/7/2010 3:11:48 PM