What happened to my contacts!!

  • Follow

Today for some reason after using Live Mail for more than two years or more..
all off a sudden I have to "Sign In" and ALL MY CONTACTS ARE GONE except for
the stupid ones on my Live Account which I NEVER use.
All my contacts have POOF, dissapeared! GONE! and these are Business
contacts.. where did they go?
What changed?

Version 2009 build 14.0

NOT a happy camper!
0
Reply Utf 6/9/2010 2:00:21 PM

Alt + T, Options, Connection, Stop signing in
There are different contacts when not signed in.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

> Today for some reason after using Live Mail for more than two years or
> more..
> all off a sudden I have to "Sign In" and ALL MY CONTACTS ARE GONE except
> for
> the stupid ones on my Live Account which I NEVER use.
> All my contacts have POOF, dissapeared! GONE! and these are Business
> contacts.. where did they go?
> What changed?
>
> Version 2009 build 14.0
>
> NOT a happy camper!

0
Reply Ron 6/9/2010 4:13:50 PM

<all off a sudden I have to "Sign In" >
 - not required

Fyi...since you are not using a Live ID to sign in to Windows Live, your contacts are only stored locally. Ensure that you backup
your contacts to a csv file..but do realize that WLM is only capable of exporting one email address(personal email field). If you
have entered email addresses into the work and other email fields another means of backup and external to WLM's functionality is
necessary.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:484E4618-ED1D-4BCE-A185-33813B055415@microsoft.com...
> Today for some reason after using Live Mail for more than two years or more..
> all off a sudden I have to "Sign In" and ALL MY CONTACTS ARE GONE except for
> the stupid ones on my Live Account which I NEVER use.
> All my contacts have POOF, dissapeared! GONE! and these are Business
> contacts.. where did they go?
> What changed?
>
> Version 2009 build 14.0
>
> NOT a happy camper!

0
Reply winston 6/9/2010 4:38:36 PM

Dan,
Tools/Options/Connections/Stop Signing In
- should return the Contacts.

What changed ?
- Use  of  a Lived ID accesses the online contacts and stores those =
locally in a Live ID database so that changes made in either=20
place are reflected in both(web or WLM)

Not using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live only stores contacts =
locally in a non Live ID database.

--
....winston
MS-MVP[Mail]

"Dan"  wrote in message =

Today for some reason after using Live Mail for more than two years or =
more..
all off a sudden I have to "Sign In" and ALL MY CONTACTS ARE GONE except =
for
the stupid ones on my Live Account which I NEVER use.
All my contacts have POOF, dissapeared! GONE! and these are Business
contacts.. where did they go?
What changed?

Version 2009 build 14.0

NOT a happy camper!=20