What happened to my contacts!!

Today for some reason after using Live Mail for more than two years or more..
all off a sudden I have to "Sign In" and ALL MY CONTACTS ARE GONE except for
the stupid ones on my Live Account which I NEVER use.
All my contacts have POOF, dissapeared! GONE! and these are Business
contacts.. where did they go?
What changed?

Version 2009 build 14.0

NOT a happy camper!
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Alt + T, Options, Connection, Stop signing in
There are different contacts when not signed in.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

> Today for some reason after using Live Mail for more than two years or
> more..
> all off a sudden I have to "Sign In" and ALL MY CONTACTS ARE GONE except
> for
> the stupid ones on my Live Account which I NEVER use.
> All my contacts have POOF, dissapeared! GONE! and these are Business
> contacts.. where did they go?
> What changed?
>
> Version 2009 build 14.0
>
> NOT a happy camper!

0
Ron
6/9/2010 4:13:50 PM
<all off a sudden I have to "Sign In" >
 - not required

Fyi...since you are not using a Live ID to sign in to Windows Live, your contacts are only stored locally. Ensure that you backup
your contacts to a csv file..but do realize that WLM is only capable of exporting one email address(personal email field). If you
have entered email addresses into the work and other email fields another means of backup and external to WLM's functionality is
necessary.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:484E4618-ED1D-4BCE-A185-33813B055415@microsoft.com...
> Today for some reason after using Live Mail for more than two years or more..
> all off a sudden I have to "Sign In" and ALL MY CONTACTS ARE GONE except for
> the stupid ones on my Live Account which I NEVER use.
> All my contacts have POOF, dissapeared! GONE! and these are Business
> contacts.. where did they go?
> What changed?
>
> Version 2009 build 14.0
>
> NOT a happy camper!

0
winston
6/9/2010 4:38:36 PM
Dan,
Tools/Options/Connections/Stop Signing In
- should return the Contacts.

What changed ?
- Use  of  a Lived ID accesses the online contacts and stores those =
locally in a Live ID database so that changes made in either=20
place are reflected in both(web or WLM)

Not using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live only stores contacts =
locally in a non Live ID database.

--
....winston
MS-MVP[Mail]

"Dan"  wrote in message =

Today for some reason after using Live Mail for more than two years or =
more..
all off a sudden I have to "Sign In" and ALL MY CONTACTS ARE GONE except =
for
the stupid ones on my Live Account which I NEVER use.
All my contacts have POOF, dissapeared! GONE! and these are Business
contacts.. where did they go?
What changed?

Version 2009 build 14.0

NOT a happy camper!=20

0
winston

How to create view with my contacts and contacts shared with me
Hi How can i create a view, where i can see my contacts and the contacts who one of my college has shared with me. ...

Contacts Missing
Hi, I had created a folder for a new Contacts group and it does not show in Outlook 2003. Yet when I go in to create a new Contacts group, it shows the one I made, but just not in the pane where all my contacts groups are. HELP! How do I fix this? Aiandas ...

Does this happen to you?
For my Suppliers, I have item numbers set up, when I try and input them into a Purchase Order, the item is missing...there is no item number, and no item... I have to close the Add Item box, and click on Quick Scan to find the item...then it's there, and when I add it, it shows the item number and everything... I am running the latest version as well!!! -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Max Size message limits for mail Contacts In Exchange 2007
I've figured out how to adjust the max size message limit for the global and organizational catergories, but can not figure out how to adjust the max size limits for mail contacts. Any help would be great! -- NorcalDG ...

Outlook 2003
Hi Using OUTLOOK 2003. Replying to a message automatically adds the email address to my contacts folder. I cannot locate the setting to turn this off. Any ideas? TIA KIWI There is no such setting. Outlook does not and cannot do this. Perhaps you are confusing the autocompletion cache with your Contacts Folder? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "KIWI" <john_hastie@nospanhotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23FPhMUjjFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Using OUTLOOK 2003. > > Replying to a message automatically adds the email address to my contacts &...

Junk e-mail folder in Contacts
I dont't know how or why, but after upgrading from Office 2000 to 2003 I get the Junk E-mail folder as a subfolder of my contacts. This machine is an Exchange 2003 client. I need to move it somehow. Does anyone knows how? Thanks a lot Christian Christian Thies <ch.thies@gmail.com> wrote: > I dont't know how or why, but after upgrading from Office 2000 to > 2003 I get the Junk E-mail folder as a subfolder of my contacts. > This machine is an Exchange 2003 client. I need to move it somehow. > Does anyone knows how? Does starting Outlook with the /resetfolders ...

How to contact newsgroup moderator
Does anyone know how to get in touch with anyone who can act as a mediator for this group? I'd like to ask them to remove the message with the erroneous date. Thanks, Ivan !!!! This particular post is not exactly reflective of your accuracy strengths with respect to dates. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Ivan Starr" <ivan@ivanstarr.com> wrote in message news:Ou$l5WNdDHA.2640@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to get in touch with anyone who can act as a mediator > for this group? > > I'd like to ask them to remove the message with the err...

How can I delete a address contact folder
I have 3 email accounts setup in Outlook Express. I am running XP. I noticed when I go to each Address Book in OExpress, there is a Shared Contacts folder and then a 2nd folder underneath that identity title (Candice Contact's). I do not need this folder, but when I right click on it, I get message Item Cannot be deleted. I only want to have 1 contact folder in Address Book labeled Shared Contacts, but each of my 3 identies has it's own contact folder underneath shared. Anyway I can delete these? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the O...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...

How to transfer iPhone contacts along with contact photos to pc?
Many iPhone users have asked how to transfer iPhone contacts along with contact photos to their pc. They need to backup their contacts somewhere in case of data loss, especially for those who have so many important clients? contacts on their iPhone. They just need a way to backup their iPhone contacts. What shall they do?Here I'd like to share my experience in this :I used this iPhone Contact to PC Backup program called Tansee iPhone Transfer Contact to transfer and backup all my contacts from my iPhone to my computer. What can it help you?- Backup contacts on iPhone memory to a file- Expo...

accessing contacts on server 2003
i am using citrix terminal which is running on w2k3 sp2 server. mail uses smtp. cannot have personal contacts when creating new message and choosing in TO. get contacts only for the global adresses. Add the Outlook Address Book service to your mail profile and select the Contacts folders that you wish to add. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/contactsinaddressbook.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real W...

Submit page in iframe using OnSave event in Contact form
Is it possible to submit a page embedded in an iframe on a custom tab in the Contact entity, using the following javascript: crmForm.all.IFRAME_MyFrame.document.forms[0].submit(); I want to submit the form when the Save button is clicked in the Contact form. Here is my scenario: In the Contact form, we have a custom tab, which has an IFRAME. This links to an external page within the intranet. I have script in the OnSave event of the Contact form, that submits the page in the IFRAME using javascript. Cross-site scripting has been enabled. However, when I save the Contact we get the fo...

Send mail to every address book contact?
Is there an easy way to send mail to every contact in your Outlook or OE address book? - Dan In Outlook, you can switch to an unfiltered table view of your Contacts folder (such as By Category), select all items (CTRL+A), then click Actions | New Message to Contact. Of course, your ISP may have a limit on how many recipients you can send to in a single message. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:pw9Wb.141430$U%5.646358@attbi_s03, Dan Calic wrote...

Experience with Large Numbers of Contacts and Accounts?
Anyone have experience with MS CRM and large numbers of contacts and accounts. I'm looking for any potential issues/problems that I might need to address. The approximate number of contacts is 450,000 and accounts is 45,000. One issue to check out is that the reporting system ie crystal does not like large datasets although this may have been fixed "Dennis Spading" <dennis.spading@born.com> wrote in message news:OfT7HsQYDHA.4020@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Anyone have experience with MS CRM and large numbers of contacts and > accounts. I'm looking for any po...

What happened to GM?
Is it true: As goes GM, so goes the country? Now, I know someone in this ng (newsgroup) has independent entrepreneurial skills! I don't care what you say, this thing has been building for at least the last 30 years. Management vs. Labor. Once they finally solved that problem, it was back to business as usual. That would be? Building shoty products and inventory that barely passed as equal to the superior international auto makers. To be honest, the cars didn't even come close to the quality, that the Internationals were or are producing. One good thing can come of this though. ...

Contacts Doesnt Synchronise
The synchronisation appears to work OK and everything shows as synchronised. BUT there is only 10 entries on the Palmtop. I can remember having this problem when I initially installed Outlook and ActiveSync, but it eventually went away (for no accountable reason as far as I can remember). Unfortunately, it's some time since I looked up a contact on the palmtop and there have been quite a lot of updates to XP since then (including SP2). Can anyone suggest what is causing the problem and how to fix it??? Doug Mounter wrote: > The synchronisation appears to work OK and everythin...

Money online access: How to locate/contact intermediary service?
Using Money '07. The online access via Money to my bank goes through an intermediary service. How can I determine who that is and contact them? I'm getting periodic intermittent failures with Money trying to download transactions, etc "due to technical problems at your bank or brokerage". My bank, of course, is denying any/all knowledge of this. One CSR even went so far as to say it's simply not possible to do this when MS Money specifically supports it with my bank (and is the only reason I upgraded from Money 02). These failures typically last several days. -- Je...

Offline Address book
Hi, How can I confirm that my updates in the AD are going to clients using outlook when they sync and download the offline address book? I know users go there but what can I create to test that is easier then creating a user? What else is in the offline address book? On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:03:31 -0500, "Monty" <none@none.com> wrote: >Hi, >How can I confirm that my updates in the AD are going to clients using >outlook when they sync and download the offline address book? Enable cache mode on your OUtlook 2003 profile. > >I know users go there but what c...

Entourage not showing all contacts with MS/Exchange Online
Hi, I have a user who has over 2000 contacts being shown on Outlook Web Access, but when looking at the contacts folder in Entourage it only shows 419. She's reconfigured the application through the single sign on client and emptied the folder cache on her contacts folder. I see it downloading 2000+ but it still only shows 419 contacts. I've called MSOnline but they didn't have much help other than the steps I've taken. Anyone familiar with this type of issue, or familiar with MAC's in general? ...

query timing out. how do you stop this from happening?
What can be done to keep a querie from constantly timing out? Almost all my queries and functions are doing this lately as my database grows. Any advice on this is very much welcome. Thanks, MC -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200705/1 ...

Why does it happen?
The following is my code: *********************************** CFile xmlFile; CFileException e; if( !myFile.Open( "test.txt", CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite, &e ) ) { myFile.SeekToBegin(); CString sContent = "abc"; myFile.Write(LPCTSTR(sContent), sContent.GetLength()); myFile.Close(); } ************************************* I open the file using UltraEdit in HEX mode, and found the result: every character is followed by "00"(two zeros). Why? In addition, my OS is a Chinese version of XP. Any help would be appreciate. "mizi" <all@ywzc.n...

Strange Happenings
Windows XP Pro clients (2) running Office XP Pro on Exchange server 5.5 When one sends an email it can take up to 3 hours to get to the others inbox, UNLESS you switch views, say go to calendar and then back again and hey presto it works. People using Win2000 Pro and Office 2000 Pro get the email straight away. It seems crazy that it should not show up immediatly like the old NT clinets did on the NT server system. Got me baffled. Anyone know of a solution? -- SP1 for Fun, Jaguar for Comfort. BOTAFOT #148 ...

Export Contact Listing
When I get to the point in exporting my contact list of "Save exported file as:" and click next where I am to select the fields you wish to export -- I can not choose the fields that I want export. The ones that are clicked I can't unclick and the ones blank I can't choose. However, sometimes it works, but most of the times it doesn't. What I have had to do, is cancel and retry numerous times to have it finally work. I consider it an annoyance, but you (and probably many others) think it's a bug. I don't know why they made it that way. What ...

O/L 2002 SP3 Contact access
Have relocated PST file to new computer, running same version and system. Contacts selection window shows contacts sorted by FIRST names though have selected last names in tools/options/preferences/contact options and view/current view/customize Additionally Have 3 contact sub folders which are inaccessible on contacts selection popup window..This worked fine before migration. All/Any help sincerely appreciated. Keefer If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make sure the Contact folder is enab...

Set Public Folder as default contacts #2
How can I configure the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 navigation pane so that when I click Contacts, a Public Folders contacts folder appears as the default? ...