VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??

  • Follow

VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??
0
Reply Chris 6/20/2010 4:20:12 PM

I saw your post yesterday. I have no idea if I can help, (OE is my area),
but I have no idea what VLM is.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??

0
Reply Bruce 6/20/2010 4:30:12 PM

"Vista Live Mail" (i maybe should said Windows) - anyhow discovered the
problem for those with similar issue

There is indeed a conflict between Tools>Options>Read>Highlight watched
messages with colour and doing the same using message rules

I didn't know that Live Mail automatically marks my posts as 'watched' & I
created a news rule that does the same

Removed the conflicting message rule and it's working properly now

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> I saw your post yesterday. I have no idea if I can help, (OE is my area),
> but I have no idea what VLM is.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
>> VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??

0
Reply Chris 6/20/2010 4:42:00 PM

Yes, it's *Windows* Live Mail, (Works in XP and Win7 too), and the rule is
moot and can cause a conflict.
--

> "Vista Live Mail" (i maybe should said Windows) - anyhow discovered the
> problem for those with similar issue
>
> There is indeed a conflict between Tools>Options>Read>Highlight watched
> messages with colour and doing the same using message rules
>
> I didn't know that Live Mail automatically marks my posts as 'watched' &
> I created a news rule that does the same
>
> Removed the conflicting message rule and it's working properly now
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> I saw your post yesterday. I have no idea if I can help, (OE is my
>> area), but I have no idea what VLM is.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
>>> VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??

0
Reply Bruce 6/20/2010 4:46:35 PM

Hi, Chris.

You KNOW how picky computers can be!  :^{

And Microsoft's naming crew doesn't help with their penchant for
confusingly-similar names for sometimes-quite-different programs.  :>(

> "Vista Live Mail" (i maybe should said Windows)

"Windows Mail" is included in Vista and it runs ONLY in Vista (except for a
few adventurous souls who have managed to get it running in Win7.)

"Windows Live Mail" is not included in any version of Windows, but it can be
downloaded and installed in WinXP, Vista and Win7.  THIS newsgroup is for
WLM - often called WLMail to distinguish it from WLMessenger.  The word
"desktop" in the NG name is a holdover from beta days when it was a part of
the proposed name for the program.

The support NG for Windows Mail (found only in Vista, as I said) is
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail - but Windows Mail was never officially
referred to as "Vista Mail".  And nothing ever was officially "Vista Live
Mail".  That's why "VLM" makes no sense at all in this NG.

Confused yet?  ;^{

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> "Vista Live Mail" (i maybe should said Windows) - anyhow discovered the
> problem for those with similar issue
>
> There is indeed a conflict between Tools>Options>Read>Highlight watched
> messages with colour and doing the same using message rules
>
> I didn't know that Live Mail automatically marks my posts as 'watched' & I
> created a news rule that does the same
>
> Removed the conflicting message rule and it's working properly now
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> I saw your post yesterday. I have no idea if I can help, (OE is my area),
>> but I have no idea what VLM is.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>
>> "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
>>> VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??

0
Reply R 6/23/2010 4:19:48 PM

(page loaded in 0.104 seconds)