VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??

VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??
0
Chris
6/20/2010 4:20:12 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

I saw your post yesterday. I have no idea if I can help, (OE is my area),
but I have no idea what VLM is.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??

0
Bruce
6/20/2010 4:30:12 PM
"Vista Live Mail" (i maybe should said Windows) - anyhow discovered the
problem for those with similar issue

There is indeed a conflict between Tools>Options>Read>Highlight watched
messages with colour and doing the same using message rules

I didn't know that Live Mail automatically marks my posts as 'watched' & I
created a news rule that does the same

Removed the conflicting message rule and it's working properly now

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> I saw your post yesterday. I have no idea if I can help, (OE is my area),
> but I have no idea what VLM is.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
>> VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??

0
Chris
6/20/2010 4:42:00 PM
Yes, it's *Windows* Live Mail, (Works in XP and Win7 too), and the rule is
moot and can cause a conflict.
--

> "Vista Live Mail" (i maybe should said Windows) - anyhow discovered the
> problem for those with similar issue
>
> There is indeed a conflict between Tools>Options>Read>Highlight watched
> messages with colour and doing the same using message rules
>
> I didn't know that Live Mail automatically marks my posts as 'watched' &
> I created a news rule that does the same
>
> Removed the conflicting message rule and it's working properly now
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> I saw your post yesterday. I have no idea if I can help, (OE is my
>> area), but I have no idea what VLM is.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
>>> VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??

0
Bruce
6/20/2010 4:46:35 PM
Hi, Chris.

You KNOW how picky computers can be!  :^{

And Microsoft's naming crew doesn't help with their penchant for
confusingly-similar names for sometimes-quite-different programs.  :>(

> "Vista Live Mail" (i maybe should said Windows)

"Windows Mail" is included in Vista and it runs ONLY in Vista (except for a
few adventurous souls who have managed to get it running in Win7.)

"Windows Live Mail" is not included in any version of Windows, but it can be
downloaded and installed in WinXP, Vista and Win7.  THIS newsgroup is for
WLM - often called WLMail to distinguish it from WLMessenger.  The word
"desktop" in the NG name is a holdover from beta days when it was a part of
the proposed name for the program.

The support NG for Windows Mail (found only in Vista, as I said) is
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail - but Windows Mail was never officially
referred to as "Vista Mail".  And nothing ever was officially "Vista Live
Mail".  That's why "VLM" makes no sense at all in this NG.

Confused yet?  ;^{

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> "Vista Live Mail" (i maybe should said Windows) - anyhow discovered the
> problem for those with similar issue
>
> There is indeed a conflict between Tools>Options>Read>Highlight watched
> messages with colour and doing the same using message rules
>
> I didn't know that Live Mail automatically marks my posts as 'watched' & I
> created a news rule that does the same
>
> Removed the conflicting message rule and it's working properly now
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> I saw your post yesterday. I have no idea if I can help, (OE is my area),
>> but I have no idea what VLM is.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>
>> "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
>>> VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??

Highlight a Cell
Is there a way to conditional-format a cell with a fill color based on whether or not another cell in the same spreadsheet is being selected via the mouse or the up/down arrows? In other words: Is there a way to turn say cell E1 yellow by merely selecting (with my mouse or with the keyboard arrows) cell A1 without having to enter anything in A1? I realize that there is a way to conditional-format E1 based on the contents of A1 and that is not what I would like to achieve. This is probably not possible, but I thought I'd give it a try... Thanks. --- Tiziano Tiziano, You can do it us...

Highlighted cells
I am adding a string of several cells. When I would cick on the cell had my forumula in it would put a color highlight around each cel that was used in my formula. It is about 50 + cells now and when click in the formula cell nothing is highlighted . How do I get th cells in my formula to be highlighted when i click in the cell with m formula? thank -- layou ----------------------------------------------------------------------- layout's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3773 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=5739...

How to post process specific NDR's?
Hey! We are a college with quite a few users. We currently only offer email addresses for employees, but are lately getting a bunch of requests from students to get their own email address as well... The big reason is the website www.facebook.com where students can sign up, but they have to have a valid .edu address... We don't want to offer email addresses to the students, not yet at least, but could we setup an easy forwarding configuration somehow, where we forward them from let say user@stu.college.edu to their own home email address? (that way we wouldn't need to host all ...

Need undo a highlighted spreadsheet where there's no white area.
My spreadsheet is entirely highlighted with NO white space to click on; how can I undo the highlight without losing anything from my spreadsheet? Excel 2007 You mean all the cells are selected? Simply select any cell to de-select. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:52:04 -0700, marySko <marySko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My spreadsheet is entirely highlighted with NO white space to click on; how >can I >undo the highlight without losing anything from my spreadsheet? Excel 2007 ...

Highlight Rows
Is there a way to program an expression close to... If cell in column E equals string of text "Pending", select entire row and change background color/patern to yellow? Hi, Conditional formatting. Select the row(s) to which this applies then Format|Conditional format - Select 'Formula is' from the dropdown and enter the formula =$E2="Pending" Click Format and on the 'Pattern' tab and choose yellow. OK Note that you should change the 2 to the top row of your selection -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt th...

VLM is highlighting my own posts but not highlighting replies ???
VLM is highlighting my own posts but not highlighting replies ...

how do I turn off highlighter ?
I'm new to One Note and i don't know how to turn off highlighter when I'm done using it, please help. Sonjia wrote: > I'm new to One Note and i don't know how to turn off highlighter when > I'm done using it, please help. I assume you are talking about the highlighter pen (not highlighting marked text). If so: (a) Click on the pen icon again, or (b) click on the icon for typing ("A" with the susor). Rainald ...

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, December 4, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 159 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you are...

New Record issue
Hi Everyone, Access 2003. First Issue: I have a main data entry form. It has 2 subforms on it. There is a record selector for the form. If my user makes an error and wants to delete the record they can select the record and delete...The problem is that it seems like it deletes the record but when you close and open the databasee it comes back. I have a front end and back end to this database. The main form is PtInfo, the subforms are PtTherapy and PtLocation. The tables are related by PtID. The only event I have on my form is a macro to maximize it. Second Issue: When we add a...

Highlighting specific dates in a graph e
I have a 2d line graph with 2 series of data graphed against a time axis. I need to highlight points on both series at specific dates with the date data from another sheet. Excel 2000. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How will you highlight the points? If you want to place a line (like a gridline) at a given date, try a combination of these two techniques: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryGridlines.html If you want a label on the appropriate points, use formulas to put the labels into cells in a range ...

Find and Highlight
I have two sheets called Sheet1 and Sheet2 in WKBK Each sheet has only one column (column A) with content. I want to be able to compare both sheets to see if the content in their respective Column A match. If there is a number in Sheet2 that doesn't match the number in Sheet1, then I want to highlight with yellow those cells in Sheet2. For example here is the content of both workbooks: Sheet1 Sheet2 23 66 15 23 66 19 ...

macro for post editing: can't close loop
I am trying to write a macro to post-process machine translated files. One of the issues with translation from EN to ES is that "please"+ command normally is translated without please, just the command. It would be a tedious task for post editors to delete every occurrence of "please" translation and the upper case the next sentence. On Jun 8, 11:11=A0am, rubendelafuente <ruben.rdelafue...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to write a macro to post-process machine translated files. > One of the issues with translation from EN to ES is that "please&quo...

Problems with new outlook 2007
hello! i have install Office 2007 beta 2 suite, but i have many troubles with outlook. sometimes when do the action "send and receive" program every 10 minutes, load the actions in the windows and stay in "Processing" and still there.. later, I close the outlook, but it still open in the Window Task Manager. I use the ouylook every day in my work and house. This new version looks very well and the usability it perfect, but this problem make me think to uninstall the beta and go again with my 2003. Please send me feedback Juan Manuel from Argentina pd: excuse me but...

Highlighted
I would like to create a new sheet from an existing sheet, but I only want to see the highlighted rows. Is this possible? Thank you. If the rows are all highlighted because of a certain value in one column, then you could do Data > Filter > AutoFilter > then select that value in the dropdown at the top of that column.......this will filter the data to only show those rows of interest........then copy and paste them to a new sheet....... hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "ED" wrote: > I would like to create a new sheet from an existing sheet, but I only want...

Copy field in one entry to an new entry
I have a form which has only 2 fields. I have also added a "add new record" button to the form. When I click the button, I would like the information in one of the fields to automatically show up in the same field of the new record. What is the easiest way? Thanks On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:08:00 -0800, Roy Carlson <RoyCarlson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form which has only 2 fields. I have also added a "add new record" >button to the form. When I click the button, I would like the information in >one of the fields to automatically sho...

Deliver new mail to the following location (none)
How do I change the (none) to something Outlook will recognize so that Outlook will statrt What version of Outlook? Do you have a mail account configured? Do you have an Outlook Data file configured? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Philip asked: | How do I change the (none) to something Outlook will | recognize so that Outlook will statrt ...

can't record a new macro or insert module in editor
When i try to record a new macro it tells me it is unalbe to record. When i go into the VB editor and go to the insert menu all the items are greyed out so I can't select module and so create a new macor that way. I have changed the security off from high (tried on both medium and low). Does anybody know why I can't make new macros? Douglas Allen Douglas Unfortunately the "Unable to record" message has several potential causes. Suggest you wander through these google search results dealing with this issue. Perhaps something will do the trick. The Personal.xls file ...

Moving to A NEW cOMPUTER
I've long used a customized Personal.XLS worksheet which contains a number of personalized macros, buttons, toolbars, etc.. I installed Office 2003 on my replacement computer. I assumed I'd simply copy the Personal.XLS file from its position in C:\Docs & Settings\Username\App Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart over to the corresponding position on the new computer. But I still end up with the canned opening worksheet as before the change. What else should I be doing? -- PT Move the file Book.xlt in the Excel start directory (where Personal.xls is as well). -- HTH Bob Phi...

Highlighting Text in a text box
I am using 2007 and wondered if there is a way to highlight text in a text box like you do in word? This is probably something simple and my brain is just not clicking. Thanks! -- Leah L. Hinds Project Manager, Training & Support leahl wrote: > I am using 2007 and wondered if there is a way to highlight text in a > text box like you do in word? This is probably something simple and > my brain is just not clicking. Thanks! =============================== Left click/drag your cursor across the text. -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice Thi...

Force new page after a sub-report
I put 2 sub-report on a main report. How do I print a new page after the first sub-report is printed out? ...

HyperLink in Outlook uses new Browser window but same SessionID
Hi, I have an Hyperlink in a mail. The "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" is disabled. Step1: ---------- I have no IE-Window. If I click on the hyperlink I get a new IE window ... I have to log in .... everything is ok ... I close the IE window. If I click on the hyperlink again I get a new IE window ... I have to log in ... everything is ok ... I close the IE window. Step2: ---------- If I have an open IE-Window for example on www.yahoo.fr. If I click on the hyperlink I get a new IE window ... I have to log in .... everything is ok ... I close the IE window. If I cl...

Testing new account
Hi Tod/MS tech support. This is a test to see if my account has been changed to managed group. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_13BD40A1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Kay, Your post is still not showing up. Did you change anything? If so it could take 48 hours to take affect. Also, if you don't mind could you post your company name, or the first part of your company name, so I can take a look to see if I see anything that may be causing the problem. If you don't want to post it here please contact Technical Support to open a support ...

Why doesn't CTRL+SHIFT+[ARROW] work 2 highlight in Excel 2003?!
Just upgraded my Excel and I can't seem to get this simple shortcut to work. Plus CTRL+HOME and HOME seem to have swapped?! How do I fix this? Maybe you turned on a 123 transition setting. Tools|options|Transition tab|Uncheck transition navigation keys. In fact, unless you have a good reason, I'd turn off all those transition settings. Euan wrote: > > Just upgraded my Excel and I can't seem to get this simple shortcut to work. > Plus CTRL+HOME and HOME seem to have swapped?! How do I fix this? -- Dave Peterson ...