Storing Hotmail Folders and Email Offline

Does anyone know how to get my hotmail email stored offline on my computer?
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Do you want them in WLMail or in Windows folders?
In WLMail, Alt + V, Layout, Folder pane, check Show Storage folders.
Create new folders in Storage folders.  Copy messages to the folders to
leave messages in Hotmail.  Move messages to remove from Hotmail.
Drag and drop to Windows folders to copy messages.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"AndrewP" <AndrewP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to get my hotmail email stored offline on my
> computer?

-1
Ron

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Outlook Send button missing; email accounts are present
After years of good use of Outlook, last night I saw the send button missing. MS knowledge suggests the accounts were removed. They are present, and indeed I removed and reentered them, but the send button is still missing. Testing accounts shows they're working. Any suggestions?? Close Outlook. Search for and rename the outcmd.dat file. This file is located usually in a hidden folder so make sure you search through hidden folders and files. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "bobk" wrote: > After year...

Public Folder rules
We use thousands of mail enabled public folders. Some of these folders use rules to forward received messages to another mailbox. I try to forward a message received from a specific SMTP domain, like '@microsoft.com'. By some SMTP domains the rules are applied (@zonnet.nl), but by others not. I raise the Exchange diagnostic logging (Information Store / Public Folders / Rules) to high and notice that the rules on the 'problem' folders are not started. (There are no events in the event viewer). We use Exchange 2003 SP2 in combination with Outlook 2003 SP3. Wh...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

home folder
After migrating users from one domain to another, home folder do not work. In the Active Directory Users and computers, Home folder is defined but when the user logs on it shows the local my documents? Server 2008 Howdie! polilop wrote: > After migrating users from one domain to another, home folder do not work. > In the Active Directory Users and computers, Home folder is defined but > when the user logs on it shows the local my documents? > Server 2008 Have you checked the location of the home folder is correct in the user properties? Do users have access to...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

Outlook is synchronizing folders -- forever
Outlook 2003 often (at least once a day) says it is synchronizing folders. Once it begins, though, it never stops until I end Outlook with task manager. I am running Windows XP Pro with SP1 applied. Any reasonable help would be greatly appreciated as Outlook, as it stands now, is unusable. ...

Multiple email to list
Good day I need to send monthly newsletters to about 8000 students. How could I go about it if : - I were to use Outlook 2007 - need to ensure that the names on the list are not accesibel by others on the list (email addreesses not broadcast to all - low spam count so thaty I could have a high delivery count. - my DNS wil not be marked as a source of spam Thank you in advance -- !ngeniuos (99% Perspiration) You can use a mail merge for that; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailmerge.htm Whether or not you'll get marked as a spammer highly depends on your ISP ...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

Windows Live Mail suddenly stopped allow me to receive emails
Hope someone can asssist me. Not sure why, but cannot receive emails. I have evidence I am sending them, but simply cannot receive them. I am using Windows 7. I am not well versed in computers, but simply cannot understand what caused the issue. I believe in spirits but not poltergiests. Just cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hugs, elaine The following would be helpful if you have them. - Error messages(copy and paste verbatim), your account type(e.g. Gmail, Hotmail...don't post your email address), type of account (Pop3, Hotmail, IMA...

office outlook 2003 email account setup
I tried to use my email account on outlook 2003 but it wouldn't send the test email. I have all the current updates but my ISP says I need an update b/c of a bug that won't let me add my email address. What do I do? What error message do you get when testing account settings? Please post the exact message. I am afraid your ISP may be pulling your leg as Outlook 2003 works out of the box without any updates. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my pe...

Shared Mailbox folders
I found the fix for directing deleted e-mails to the correct Deleted Folder when using a Shared Mailbox. Now I need to figure out how to have the e-mails I send from the shared mailbox go to the Sent Folder under the Shared Mailbox and not my personal Sent Folder. Take alook at UniSent application here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/unisent.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer > I found the fix for directing deleted e-mails to the > correct Deleted Folder when using a Shared Mailbox. > > Now I need to figure out how to have the e-mails I send > from th...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

email delievere dmultiple times
i have an Exchange 2003 FE-BE topology setup. i have one user who is receiving a single message repeatedly at various time intervals. i seem to remeber reading about this condition some time ago but can no longer fnid any reference to the issue in KB articles. anyone have any advice where to look? Lots of reasons for this, but if it's an external message, look in the SMTP protocol logs and see if the sending server is correctly ending the conversation. If the sending server doesn't believe the delivery was successful, it will try again. We often see this with bad firewall conf...

how can I get emails to more than one computer?
One computer running Outlook 2003 receives all messages from the two accounts I have setup. The new computer running Outlook 2007 only receives one of the accounts I have set up. I want both computers to receive all messages from both setup accounts. Thanks Stan Depends on the type of accounts, if pop mail you need to select the option to leave a copy on the server, on both PC's If the 2007 PC only resolves mail from a single account, and ignores the other, the account settings are incorrect and you should see an err msg when you test the accounts. BTW setting the option ...

autoreply with subject line of incoming email
With Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000, if possible, how can I set up a rule so that all messages coming into a public folder get an autoreply, but the autoreply has the subject line of the incoming email? Or does this require programming? ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

Private Folder Restrictions
Hi I just need to know if there is a way of restricting the creation of folders within a user's mailbox (ie under Inbox, under Contacts, etc). Can this be done with a policy? If it can be done please point me in the right direction! OS: W2K/WXP with Outlook2000 with an Exchange 2000 info store. Huge Thanks Peter Not that I know of....what's your intended purpose in this? Peter wrote: > Hi > I just need to know if there is a way of restricting the > creation of folders within a user's mailbox (ie under > Inbox, under Contacts, etc). > > Can this be done ...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

How do I keep folders expanded when outlook closed?
Everytime you "close" outlook (as when an update happens), all the floders which are "open" close down so they must manually be repoened. There must be a way to keep them open - as with a large list of folders this is a 5 to 10 minute ordeal. No, there is no way to force outlook to keep the folders open. Some versions of outlook will open the folders as rules move new mail into them - that is the only way to automatically open them. "StephenASilverman" <StephenASilverman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E456EE18-85DE-4281-A1...

Outlook Express just lost most Inbox emails
I was running Outlook Express. I left my machine for a while and when I came back I noticed that hundreds of emails were missing from the Inbox. Some of the missing emails were from the past few days; most were from the past several months starting several days ago. They have not been inadvertently moved to other Outlook Express folders nor have they been archived (at least not intentionally). Does anyone have any ideas on how I might retrieve them? Neil This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express...

sending emails with attachements to more than one individual
Problem occurs when sending emails to more than one receipient. When sending to one person with attachement the email go's through. When sendint to more than one person the email does not go through. Need help in figuring out what is blocking the email from going through? ...

can a poster in publisher be in the body of an e-mail (hotmail)?
I would like to include a poster in the body of an e-mail -not as an attachment but as the person opens the e-mail for them to see it instead of downloading anything. Rafael If your recipients have HTML messages disabled your message will arrive as an attachment. You can convert the file to an image, but again it will arrive as an attachment. You can send as a PDF, there are free converters around. This is one: http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rafael" <Rafael@discussions.micro...

Email editor
I'm building an application for work in which I would like to include an email editor in which I can log emails, time sent and recipiant. I'm not a professioal programmer so I have no idea where to start. I have developed some database applications. Any suggestions of where to start would be appreciated. Thanks! Use a CRichEdit Control in a Dialog and a CRichEditView in a View. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/html/_sample_mfc_WORDPAD.asp Good Luck, -- Christopher J. Holland [!MVP] http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq/ http://www.codeguru.com htt...

Importing email address info
Is there a way to import email address information as well 1st + last name into a foreign Forest where there isn't any trust relationship setup. The data will have been exported to csv file from the home FOREST. In essence I am looking for a way to import contact information into a W2K/E2K from W2K/E2K3. "TD" wrote: > Is there a way to import email address information as > well 1st + last name into a foreign Forest where there > isn't any trust relationship setup. The data will have > been exported to csv file from the home FOREST. In > essence I a...