split screen

  • Follow

i previously had Outlook Express where the screen split top / bottom
Windows Live Mail screen split side / side
does anyone know if Live Mail can be split top / bottom ?
0
Reply Utf 3/22/2010 5:16:01 PM

"claracluck2" <claracluck2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28168904-21A2-4132-BCD8-4C24F890F785@microsoft.com...
> i previously had Outlook Express where the screen split top / bottom
> Windows Live Mail screen split side / side
> does anyone know if Live Mail can be split top / bottom ?

View > Layout > Reading pane. If you can't see the View menu, press Alt.
--
Noel

0
Reply Ildhund 3/22/2010 5:30:42 PM

"claracluck2" <claracluck2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i previously had Outlook Express where the screen split top / bottom
> Windows Live Mail screen split side / side
> does anyone know if Live Mail can be split top / bottom ?

Yes but that brings up another annoying arbitrary functional deficiency in
WLMail.   Activate the Reading pane toolbar button and you will see that the
Reading pane layout cycles between all its states,  not just toggling on and
off your preferred layout.   Fortunately we can at least doubleclick on the
toolbar button and make it a toggle by making one of your "clicks" a
doubleclick.   So, if you have a mouse button programmed to do a doubleclick
you just have to be aware of when to use it to either get into the Reading
pane layout you like or get out of it.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---