split screen

i previously had Outlook Express where the screen split top / bottom
Windows Live Mail screen split side / side
does anyone know if Live Mail can be split top / bottom ?
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

"claracluck2" <claracluck2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28168904-21A2-4132-BCD8-4C24F890F785@microsoft.com...
> i previously had Outlook Express where the screen split top / bottom
> Windows Live Mail screen split side / side
> does anyone know if Live Mail can be split top / bottom ?

View > Layout > Reading pane. If you can't see the View menu, press Alt.
--
Noel

0
Ildhund
3/22/2010 5:30:42 PM
"claracluck2" <claracluck2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i previously had Outlook Express where the screen split top / bottom
> Windows Live Mail screen split side / side
> does anyone know if Live Mail can be split top / bottom ?

Yes but that brings up another annoying arbitrary functional deficiency in
WLMail.   Activate the Reading pane toolbar button and you will see that the
Reading pane layout cycles between all its states,  not just toggling on and
off your preferred layout.   Fortunately we can at least doubleclick on the
toolbar button and make it a toggle by making one of your "clicks" a
doubleclick.   So, if you have a mouse button programmed to do a doubleclick
you just have to be aware of when to use it to either get into the Reading
pane layout you like or get out of it.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert

How to randomly split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset?
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? Thank you very much. How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline zencaroline <zencaroline@gmail.com> writes: > How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Create a new variable whose value is randomly distributed. Sort the data on this variable. Take the first 1000 cases ...

Split tasks a splitting headache
Inherited another Project IMS. I am noticing right off that the previous scheduler has been starting tasks without their FS preds completing. Yeah, it does show up as a spit bar in the gantt chart. But, does anyone know a way to filter out just task that started before predecessor completion? I'm dealing with several thousand lines. Thanks. -- trailerpup ------------------------------------------------------------------------ trailerpup's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/116596.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290853.htm ...

Can't find my Front End Folder after database split
I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users. Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end folder. It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back end? Please help. Thaanks. It will be called that, unless you typed something else in the save as dialog. I thought it ended up in the same folder as the backend after splitting. Easiest way is to go back to the original and split it again, this time take note of where you save it before you press the button. Jeanette Cunningham "Joe" <Joe@discussi...

Display Data On Split Form
Not sure how to ask this but here goes. In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value that will show regardless of the row I select in the datasheet. This is the number of vacation days one will have through-out the year and of course it changes as vacations days get used up. Any help will be appreciated, James "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:6A4DFFD9-3302-4A10-B51A-153373D266FD@microsoft.com... > Not sure how to ask this but here goes. > In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value > that will show regardl...

Unwanted replicated split screen
I know I could re-install excell but before I do, is there anyone here who can help me disable a setting that I have no idea how it came about. I can only describe it as 2 identical execl grids on the same worksheet. Accompanying image will show you. Help. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel_display_duplication.GIF | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3855 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- BoyLeroy -----------------------------------...

Screen goes blank
Only in Outlook operations on my Toshiba Satellite notebook computer do a get this porblem. When using OUTLOOK the screen goes blank. I close the lid to hibernate and when I lift eh lid it returns to normal, sometimes for a few minutes and sometimes for a few seconds. No sure pattern, other than it happens in outlook. ...

split column
I have a column of data in the following format column A John B. Smith What I want to do is split this column into three separate column so that it will appear as below Column B Column C Column D John B. Smith. Is there a formula that can help me do this. TIA Tlee, If all the names follow the same format (you don't say), you can use Data - Text to columns, using a space as the separator. Make sure that the columns to the right are empty before you start. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ---------------------------...

Screen saver skeleon
hi, i decide to build a screen saver. Some parts of it is done but there are a lot of problems to be considred. Now, I need a complete screen saver. Thanks in advance > Now, I need a complete screen saver. VS used to ship with a screen saver which showed MFC logo. See if you can find that. Regardless, there are tons of resources available online. Look at codeproject for some. This one should be good as well: http://www.naughter.com/screensaver.html --- Ajay This article also looks interesting: http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/smoovcpscreensaver.asp I'm not a big fan of scree...

Split data into new sheets
I have a (very) long list, sorted by account code. I would like to write a macro that splits the list into separate sheets in the workbook, with a separate sheet for each account code. Ideally, I would also like to rename each sheet to show which account code the sheet contains. I have no idea, though, where to start. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Hi bernard How many different accounts are in the list (more or less than 250)??? below some code that I use to split files by account numbers where the user has to select a cell within the column that contains the account number... Hope thi...

save split table in word
I am in word; after I split the window, I need to save but it won't let me. How do I save the split window in word? "Split window" is something that doesn't get saved when you close your document. On Feb 3, 11:49=A0am, chellehicks <chellehi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am in word; after I split the window, I need to save but it won't let m= e. =A0 > How do I save the split window in word? ...

Allow setting defaults on check's Report Destination screens
I would like to change the print defaults on the Report Destination screens for the payables Check With Stub On Top and for the Separate Remittance. I want them to print to a printer and to a file. I clicked Tools | Setup | Posting | Posting, and entered the Purchasing series and Computer Check origin. I didn't see either of these in the list. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...

Reverse Split
Money International Version 2003 trying to do a 0.25 for 1 split. Money wants integers in the split field, so I tried to do a 1 for 4 "split". Money gave a completely unrelated answer. I then did a 50 for 200 "split" (I have 200 shares being reduced to 50) - again it gave a number completely unrelated. I tried various permutations and each time, the division or multiplication numbers were total nonsense. Any help? In microsoft.public.money, ZootRot wrote: >Money International Version 2003 > >trying to do a 0.25 for 1 split. Money wants integers in ...

How do I remove split a split window?
I selected "View" "split" and now have a split window. How do I remove the split? "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33CA1631-20A1-457C-A797-F9ECE0180ED8@microsoft.com... >I selected "View" "split" and now have a split window. How do I remove the > split? Same way as you split it.... Or double click the "line". -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Gordon" wrote: > "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news...

table relationships and split dbs
I have asked before and now can't find the post (also have a few extra questions than before) regarding table relationships and split databases. 1. Where should relationships be created? Front-end or Back-End? 2. Do they need to be in both? 3. If you have relationships in the Back-end and then create some in the Front-End, which take precedance? 4. In the case that they are in the back-end, they will still get 'followed' in the front-end? I'm sure you get the jist of my question, any explanation to the proper method of implementing and enlightenments on relati...

Split shares don't show up in report
I recently installed Money 2005 Standard and have entered details about stocks and later recorded that they were split. For eg. intially I had entered purchase of 1 share for $10 and then recorded the split at 1:1. The account register still shows number of shares as 1 and price as $10s. The account summary also shows that I have just 1 share and not 2. Any help? Same answer to same question. "TomDick" <TomDick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2FC2358-A296-4A97-AB78-C02665A0BC37@microsoft.com... >I recently installed Money 2005 Standard and have ent...

splitting a database, where question
I have built a small but useful database on my own work pc, and now need to split it for other users. So I wondered if it was best to split it on my own machine then place the BE on the server, then copy the front end to local machines. OR, place the whole unsplit database on the server, then split it, and copy the front end from the server to local machines. Thanks On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:25:38 +0000, Bob H <bob@despammer.com> wrote: I would first make a backup. Then copy my db to the server. Then on my workstation's version delete all the tables. Then use the Imp...

How to print screen a form?
Hi I need to know how to print all the form like print screen does (even if you see the part of the form on the screen). Thanks File Menu >> Print >> Selected -- hth, SusanV "Chipcom" <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182356067.826410.176770@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I need to know how to print all the form like print screen does (even > if you see the part of the form on the screen). > > Thanks > I guess you could maximize it and do so. Forms are not designed for printing. If you need to print, create a repo...

How to make X, Y axes of Excel charts to have same scale on the screen?
Hi: I have a set of X and Y data that will make a square. But when I plot them by XY chart in Excel (2003), it looks like a rectangle, even if I have made the maximum, minimum, major unit, minor unit exactly the same for both X, and Y axes, and I can see the X and Y data maximum almost the same, but the graphy on the screen still look like a rectangle rather than square on the screen. How I can fix this? (by the way, if in Matlab, I can use 'axis equal'). p.s., this is not an Excel programming question, but since I can't find an Excel usage group so I sent the questio...

SPLITTING
Hi there..... I've finally gotten the database together and I attempted to have it shared between two users....however I was reading about splitting the database....can anyone give me some concrete instructions about how to make this work effectively. I have three people who need to access the database that's all. However I know it's possible that two people will be in it at the same time, entering information? Any suggestions? Thanks Ransom Check out the wizard in Tools>>Database utilities>>Database Splitter (Access 2003) Very straightforward and low risk. ...

Blank Laptop screen
Hi All, My HP Pavillion dv9500 laptop screen has gone blank. The computer works fine and is able to use a monitor plugged into the VGA port. I thought the screen just went out, it's just over 2 years old and of course, 2 months out of warrenty. However, after the sceen had not worked for about a week, it came back on. I was using the laptop with a monitor, and all of a sudden, a window popped up and asked if I wanted to duplicate the 2nd monitor or stretch the desktop across both monitors. I looked over at the laptop screen, and sure enough, it was back on! I turned off th...

Payables year-end close screen
I would like to have a confirmation message displayed when you click on 'Close Year' in the Payables Year-End Closing screen (Tools-Routines-Purchasing-Year End Close). Twice so far we have had a user accidentally close the year. If there was a dialog box asking them to confirm their request, maybe this wouldn't have happened. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this...

can't print data labels
There are 4 data labels in my chart. They show up on the screen but not in print preview and they do not print out. Are they in your chart, or are they floating in the worksheet above the chart but not part of it? If you have a cell selected when you click on the textbox tool, the label will not be part of the chart. When you view the sheet, you'll see the labels, but when you select and print the chart they will not be included. Instead select the chart, then use the textbox tool to add a label. This embeds the label in the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP...

how to disable automatic full screen mode?
Hi, I received an Workbook from a customer of mine. It is in Excel 97-2003 format, but I am using Excel 2007. They want me to modify it to suit their needs. What is driving me crazy is that anytime I click on any cell on any worksheet, the worksheet automatically goes to "Full Screen Mode" (where I do not see the ribbon). To get the ribbon back, I have to click on the upper-left hand corner of the window and click "Restore". I have to do this over and over and over again as I need the ribbon to do the work I want to do. I was wondering if this behav...

Trouble With Split Form
Created new split form but when I open it the navigation bar is "grayed out" unless I physically select a row in the datasheet. Any way around this?? Thanks, James ...

Word 2003 is "jumping" my cursor around the screen
I am a writer, using MS Word 2003 to write a novel. I write as usual and I think you all have used Word to write, and the thing is this. When I am writing the word say "science" when I get to the letter e, the cursor "jumps" to wherever I've "left" the cursor with the mouse. That is, no matter what the word or letter I'm 'on' the writing goes okay for a moment or two and then the cursor 'jumps' and it's inserted itself and I'm still typing but the spot where the cursor SHOULD be has changed...so I'm making typing ...