sending a Word Document in body of Windows Live e-mail

I'm trying to send a Microsoft Word document in the body (not as an
attachment) of an e-mail. In the past, I used MS Outlook Express as my
default e-mail client, and while in MS Word editing a document, the send-to
button was active on the toolbar and I could just click that and the e-mail
message address bar, subject line, etc. populated the document and I could
obviously fill them out and send it off. Now I am using Windows Live Mail -
I've set it as my default mail client, but the send-to button in my MS Word
toolbar is not active when I add it, nor can I successfully go to file and
select send-to message recipient in the drop-down menu (it only lets me
send-to as an attachment). Anyone know if this is possible in WL Mail? I
liked it in order to achieve professional formatting for e-mail messages.
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

As far as I know, that's not possible with WLM.

I'm guessing that has to do with the MAP dll that WLM uses.

I've noted on my XP PC that if OE is the default mail program, then Send
in the message body option is available in Word.  But simply making WLM
the default mail program, that option is disabled in Word, although the
send and attachment and for review options remain.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"bk3000" <bk3000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to send a Microsoft Word document in the body (not as an
> attachment) of an e-mail. In the past, I used MS Outlook Express as my
> default e-mail client, and while in MS Word editing a document, the
> send-to
> button was active on the toolbar and I could just click that and the
> e-mail
> message address bar, subject line, etc. populated the document and I
> could
> obviously fill them out and send it off. Now I am using Windows Live
> Mail -
> I've set it as my default mail client, but the send-to button in my MS
> Word
> toolbar is not active when I add it, nor can I successfully go to file
> and
> select send-to message recipient in the drop-down menu (it only lets
> me
> send-to as an attachment). Anyone know if this is possible in WL Mail?
> liked it in order to achieve professional formatting for e-mail
> messages.

0
Michael
12/15/2009 10:35:45 PM

"bk3000" <bk3000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD2793C3-05D5-4286-AD2C-EB7F405A33E9@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to send a Microsoft Word document in the body (not as an
> attachment) of an e-mail. In the past, I used MS Outlook Express as my
> default e-mail client, and while in MS Word editing a document, the send-to
> button was active on the toolbar and I could just click that and the e-mail
> message address bar, subject line, etc. populated the document and I could
> obviously fill them out and send it off. Now I am using Windows Live Mail -

> I've set it as my default mail client, but the send-to button in my MS Word
> toolbar is not active when I add it, nor can I successfully go to file and
> select send-to message recipient in the drop-down menu (it only lets me
> send-to as an attachment). Anyone know if this is possible in WL Mail? I
> liked it in order to achieve professional formatting for e-mail messages.

On which OS?  FYI W7 users have a similar problem with IE's File, Send
Page by E-mail command.  So on W7 you could try re-registering WLMail
(which should re-register WLMail for the MailTo: protocol.)

0
Robert
12/16/2009 1:27:33 AM
Still running XP here.

So I opened IE, and Send Page by e-mail does work just fine with WL Mail.
Trying to think if I've ever had the need to send a page by e-mail, but
that's another story.

But yeah, I've triple-checked that my URL:MailTo Protocol is set to WL Mail.

Once in a while, I think when I'm not signed into WL Mail, the button will
appear active in MS Word and MS Outlook will open if I try it. Guess just no
luck with WL Mail.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "bk3000" <bk3000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD2793C3-05D5-4286-AD2C-EB7F405A33E9@microsoft.com...
> > I'm trying to send a Microsoft Word document in the body (not as an
> > attachment) of an e-mail. In the past, I used MS Outlook Express as my
> > default e-mail client, and while in MS Word editing a document, the send-to
> > button was active on the toolbar and I could just click that and the e-mail
> > message address bar, subject line, etc. populated the document and I could
> > obviously fill them out and send it off. Now I am using Windows Live Mail -
>
> > I've set it as my default mail client, but the send-to button in my MS Word
> > toolbar is not active when I add it, nor can I successfully go to file and
> > select send-to message recipient in the drop-down menu (it only lets me
> > send-to as an attachment). Anyone know if this is possible in WL Mail? I
> > liked it in order to achieve professional formatting for e-mail messages.
>

> On which OS?  FYI W7 users have a similar problem with IE's File, Send
> Page by E-mail command.  So on W7 you could try re-registering WLMail
> (which should re-register WLMail for the MailTo: protocol.)

The WLMail program does not have a sign in.  Are you referring to the Sign
in under the Close X?
That signs you in to Windows Live services such as Messenger, Calendar,
Contacts, .......
WLMail will open and send and receive email without being signed in to
Windows Live services.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

> Still running XP here.
>
> So I opened IE, and Send Page by e-mail does work just fine with WL Mail.
> Trying to think if I've ever had the need to send a page by e-mail, but
> that's another story.
>
> But yeah, I've triple-checked that my URL:MailTo Protocol is set to WL
> Mail.
>
> Once in a while, I think when I'm not signed into WL Mail, the button will
> appear active in MS Word and MS Outlook will open if I try it. Guess just
> no
> luck with WL Mail.

snipped

0
Ron
12/16/2009 11:13:13 AM
"bk3000" <bk3000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739971BA-EFA4-4B4D-AA1A-190F8C52C740@microsoft.com...
> Still running XP here.
>
> So I opened IE, and Send Page by e-mail does work just fine with WL Mail.
> Trying to think if I've ever had the need to send a page by e-mail, but
> that's another story.
>
> But yeah, I've triple-checked that my URL:MailTo Protocol is set to WL Mail.
>
> Once in a while, I think when I'm not signed into WL Mail, the button will
> appear active in MS Word and MS Outlook will open if I try it. Guess just no
> luck with WL Mail.

I suspect Michael's guess about MAPI versus simple MAPI
is the right answer.  Can you configure Word to use simple MAPI
only?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/200018

(Microsoft search for
    "simple mapi"
)

Oh.  You have both protocols available at the same time?
Why not try disabling the other one?  Then perhaps Word
would go down to the simpler one and thus pick WLMail's?

I actually have  OL2003 installed in XPsp3 here
so I suppose I could try this myself too or do you think
I would have to try it from Word (which I don't have installed)?

I suspect we will have to run ProcMon to figure out what
is really going on.   ; )

Good luck

Robert
---

> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>

>> "bk3000" <bk3000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD2793C3-05D5-4286-AD2C-EB7F405A33E9@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm trying to send a Microsoft Word document in the body (not as an
>> > attachment) of an e-mail. In the past, I used MS Outlook Express as my
>> > default e-mail client, and while in MS Word editing a document, the send-to
>> > button was active on the toolbar and I could just click that and the e-mail
>> > message address bar, subject line, etc. populated the document and I could
>> > obviously fill them out and send it off. Now I am using Windows Live Mail -
>>
>> > I've set it as my default mail client, but the send-to button in my MS Word
>> > toolbar is not active when I add it, nor can I successfully go to file and
>> > select send-to message recipient in the drop-down menu (it only lets me
>> > send-to as an attachment). Anyone know if this is possible in WL Mail? I
>> > liked it in order to achieve professional formatting for e-mail messages.
>>

>> On which OS?  FYI W7 users have a similar problem with IE's File, Send
>> Page by E-mail command.  So on W7 you could try re-registering WLMail
>> (which should re-register WLMail for the MailTo: protocol.)

0
Robert

Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up
Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so I don't know if this will work in other versions. Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5. Go to File>Print Merge At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change copies per sheet and print range or all. This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on that page. I ...

No message in outbox

Word as Outlook e-mail editor
I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP standard, 2002 version. Word has always been my e-mail editor, but today when I tried to respond to an e-mail I got the following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." After a delay, the form opens, but when I click "Send," Outlook crashes. Any suggestions? ...

introducion to windows
it baisicly stinks you have to right click left click use funny spinny thing along eith that it is compuletly out wiereding it is bug prone and not very plessent to it is horibly expensive i wich i was curently sitting un a mac the folder structure makes no sense un a windows computer you can find all the files but it just dossent make sense all in all windows stinks oh and ps msn messanger isent all that great iether its no better if not wourse than yohoo messanger and from what i have seen from yahoo there better than microsoft in everything they do yet stink in everything they do and pc lap...

Sending mail from remote location

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Send and Recieve Fix

How do I copy a horizontal ruler in Word?
I just need to copy text in a document to another part of the same document, including the ruler format, so I don't have to reset the ruler every time. Surely there's a way, but I've searched for hours trying to find it. In earlier versions of Word, we could just hold down the shift or control key, I don't remember which. If by "ruler format" you mean the margin and tab settings, the ruler shows the ones applied to whichever paragraph the cursor happens to be in. You duplicate them by assigning the same paragraph style in each place. On Nov 23, 5:39=...

mail size restriction
how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and ims You can set restrictions on the IMS,. Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However, by forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA, you can accomplish that as well. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value : No Local Delivery Type: DWORD Value: 0x1 Test of course! On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Unable to send?

windows xp logon with personal application
hey cn ne 1 help me to start my application before login in windows xp ,and want my application to logon to user account i want to use. ...

Good practise
THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange box.Thank you craig >I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to >accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits. >After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in >.pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the >same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Forwarding Mail to an external Address
I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that distribution group, to an external email address. Is this possible? I tried to set up the rule, but could not get it to work. Thanks On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:17:01 -0700, RayRedSoxFan <RayRedSoxFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a >rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that >distribution group, to an external email address. Is this p...

Send Do Not Send

How do I export an Adobe document to Xcel?
Is there a way to export an Adobe document to Xcel in one or two steps. I can get it to convert by exporting to Word and then from Word to Xcel but am hoping there is an easier way. ...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

Wizard Application
Hi All, I have a Wizard Application which has three Property Sheet and Each of Different size and 1st page has only 3 radio button and so I need the fonts of this page to be much bigger but second & third page has lot of contents so i cannot use the same font in all page & will be using default fonts size. How Dyamically changing the font on a Wizard Application. 1) Is it Possible to Resize the window for each page with respect to its size in wizard appln. 2) How to dymanically create a font and write the static text in wiz app. Appriciate you to come back to me at the earliest and ...

opening Windows Excel 2003 files with my Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I cannot open the Windows Excel 2003 files sent to me by my accountant. I have Mac Excel 2008. It defaults to the Numbers program, part of Iworks. I need the full functions of Excel to work on the files...not Numbers. thanks I suspect that this is the same problem I have found with Keynote/ PowerPoint. Hold the control key down while you press the mouse on the file you are trying to open. Then pick "Open with" and choose Excel. If you have a two (or more button mouse you can also use "right click" ...

What was Outlook sending?

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX