send or receive mails automatic (10 min) doesn't work

Windows7 live mail should check every 10 min for mail, doesn't work.
If I manual select sync neither, only if I select my standard account by
sync, email's are coming in?
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Leave the "7" out of Windows Live Mail. Aside from being compatible, there
is no direct connection with WLMail and Win7.

Tools | Options | General. Did you set it to check every 10 minutes?

Tools | Accounts. Check the properties of the accounts in question and
under the General Tab, make sure: "Include this account........" is
checked.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Pjotr" <Pjotr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows7 live mail should check every 10 min for mail, doesn't work.
> If I manual select sync neither, only if I select my standard account by
> sync, email's are coming in?

0
Bruce
1/6/2010 1:35:32 AM
OK. Shame on me, I overlooked this setting !
Thanks.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Leave the "7" out of Windows Live Mail. Aside from being compatible, there
> is no direct connection with WLMail and Win7.
>
> Tools | Options | General. Did you set it to check every 10 minutes?
>
> Tools | Accounts. Check the properties of the accounts in question and
> under the General Tab, make sure: "Include this account........" is
> checked.
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
>          MS-MVP [Mail]
>       Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Pjotr" <Pjotr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Windows7 live mail should check every 10 min for mail, doesn't work.
> > If I manual select sync neither, only if I select my standard account by
> > sync, email's are coming in?
>
> .

YW. It can't check for mail if you don't tell it to. <wink>
--

> OK. Shame on me, I overlooked this setting !
> Thanks.
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Leave the "7" out of Windows Live Mail. Aside from being compatible,
>> there
>> is no direct connection with WLMail and Win7.
>>
>> Tools | Options | General. Did you set it to check every 10 minutes?
>>
>> Tools | Accounts. Check the properties of the accounts in question and
>> under the General Tab, make sure: "Include this account........" is
>> checked.
>> --
>>            Bruce Hagen
>>          MS-MVP [Mail]
>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Pjotr" <Pjotr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Windows7 live mail should check every 10 min for mail, doesn't work.
>> > If I manual select sync neither, only if I select my standard account
>> > by
>> > sync, email's are coming in?
>>
>> .

0
Bruce

Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up
Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so I don't know if this will work in other versions. Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5. Go to File>Print Merge At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change copies per sheet and print range or all. This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on that page. I ...

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Automatically convert a Phone Call into Opportunity ?
I have a Phone Call Campaign Activity distributed to a Contact, I have added a customized field (Accept/Unaccept) in the Phone Call. The normal crm operation flow is that the users choose "accepted" in the picklist and then save the Phone Call, after that they need to convert the phone call into Opportunity. However, the user want to bypass the 'step' to click the "Convert to Opportunity" button. What the users required is that when they SAVE the phone call whenever the picklist value is ACCEPT. The system will automatically convert the phone call into op...

Data validation doesn't work if contents is added by pasting
Hi I've data validation set so that only the number 1 can be entered, but even this cannot be entered if an adjacent cell is a certain value. this works for direct entry, but not if the value is pasted in or added using the "drag handle". Is there any way to stop this happening as I just know somewones going to try and fill all the cells by draging the values down. Regards Jeff Jeff, You could disable "Allow cell drag and drop" in Tools | Options or... copy the following code, right click the sheet tab and choose 'view code'. Paste the code into the modu...

Word as Outlook e-mail editor
I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP standard, 2002 version. Word has always been my e-mail editor, but today when I tried to respond to an e-mail I got the following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." After a delay, the form opens, but when I click "Send," Outlook crashes. Any suggestions? ...

Sending mail from remote location

Formula question 03-03-10
I am trying to complete the following. In s141 i have a drop list with 'yes' and 'no' as possiblities. In x141 i have a drop list with 3 possible choices, .02 , .04 , or .08 g141 is the originating cell p159 is the answer cell. if s141 remains empty or has 'no' chosen from the drop list i need p159 to remain blank, however if 'yes' is in s141 then i need the answer from g141 multiplied by .02 or .04 or .08 (which ever one is chosen from the drop list in x141) to be displayed in p159. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Scoob...

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

mail size restriction
how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and ims You can set restrictions on the IMS,. Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However, by forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA, you can accomplish that as well. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value : No Local Delivery Type: DWORD Value: 0x1 Test of course! On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Sending messages in Outlook

Good practise
THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange box.Thank you craig >I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to >accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits. >After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in >.pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the >same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Clicking on new mail notification does not open email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I finally upgraded from WLM 2 to 3 (14.0.8089.0726) this afternoon (Win = XP SP2). When I get a new mail notification via Messenger and click on = it the email does not open. I have to go to the inbox to open it. Any = ideas? Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTY...

Automatic Data Changes
I have a work sheet that I use to monitor dates. I need to track up to 5 dates at a time. I would like my worksheet to update automaticaly when I change the dates. Let me explain. The data in A4 through A12 never changes. The data in B4 through B12 changes weekly. I need to track the last 5 changes made to B4 through B12. ex. Lets say B4=10/20/09. I then change B4 to 11/2/09. I want the data from B4 to go to C15. so C15 will be 10/20/09. Then when I change B4 to 11/16/09, I want C15 to automatically update to 11/2/09 and C16 to update to 10/20/09. and so on for 5 dates....

Send Do Not Send

Forwarding Mail to an external Address
I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that distribution group, to an external email address. Is this possible? I tried to set up the rule, but could not get it to work. Thanks On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:17:01 -0700, RayRedSoxFan <RayRedSoxFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a >rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that >distribution group, to an external email address. Is this p...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

What was Outlook sending?

combo box control issue - working fine in '03,
when I add a new record on the form via VBA - and then go to the combo box control, the control tip shows properly, but the cursor is not blinking. can not type anything into the box. when I click on the box, all is ok. any ideas as to what is wrong? works fine in access 2003. thx Make sure that you have at least the first 2 service packs in Access 2007. There was a combo box dropdown problem that I think was fixed in SP2. If you still have the problem, try SP3. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access &...

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Outlook Can't Send Messages