Rejecting Senders Email Address

  • Follow

I started using the live email and I cant seem to send emails.  I can recieve
them, but when I go to send one it gets rejected and tje error says The
message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail
address.

Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated
Server: 'smtp.live.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): Yes
0
Reply Utf 6/12/2010 2:17:10 PM

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Private1"  wrote in message news:D569B722-4AC4-4CE6-8A2C-937A36DEA947@microsoft.com...

I started using the live email and I cant seem to send emails.  I can recieve
them, but when I go to send one it gets rejected and tje error says The
message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail
address.

Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated
Server: 'smtp.live.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25