Rejecting Senders Email Address

I started using the live email and I cant seem to send emails.  I can recieve
them, but when I go to send one it gets rejected and tje error says The
message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail
address.

Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated
Server: 'smtp.live.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): Yes
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Private1"  wrote in message news:D569B722-4AC4-4CE6-8A2C-937A36DEA947@microsoft.com...

I started using the live email and I cant seem to send emails.  I can recieve
them, but when I go to send one it gets rejected and tje error says The
message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail
address.

Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated
Server: 'smtp.live.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): Yes

6
Gary

Group Policy and Outlook 'Safe Senders List'
Scenario: Client has Small Business Server 2003 and Windows XP with a couple of Office XP but mostly Office 2003. A Canon network printer/copier can be used to scan documents and deliver by email. You select the user from a list on the printer and hit the go button, job done. The printer delivers a blank message coming from mail@domain.com and having a PDF attachment. If the user has outlook open and set for alerts on incoming messages they get the 'New mail has arrived, do you wish to view it?' but when hitting 'Yes' the message cannot be found. It cannot be found becau...

Outlook Crashes Whenever I Open an Email
Every time that open an email in Outlook 2002 and now in Outlook 2003, Outlook hangs for a moment and then crashes. I get the message: "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error report has this information: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp:3f1380f0 ModName: outlk.dll ModVer: 5.5.6.3943 ModStamp:3fca0856 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000021c0 This driving me crazy -- anyone else had this problem? Your help is appreciated, Dave Bunch ...

reading other email boxes
couple of questions. how do you read into other person's email boxes? and two, how do you tell if this has occured? thanks all. You will need to give yourself permission and add the mailbox to outlook. The server will need to have auditing enabled to track what is occuring. "c" wrote: > couple of questions. how do you read into other person's email boxes? and > two, how do you tell if this has occured? > > thanks all. > > > ...

Email Retention
I am looking for an email retention program.....any suggestions. What do you mean by email retention - do you want to archive all your emails? If that is the case try Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com). Although it's main purpose is far beyond archiving but it will do that as well. anon wrote: > I am looking for an email retention program.....any suggestions. > > > "anon" <anon@anon.com> wrote: >I am looking for an email retention program.....any suggestions. That's a pretty broad category. What is it you're trying to accompli...

Send Email Based On a Query
Hey guys,I have been looking for an issue that I have.I have a database with a number of customer email addresses in themand I want to send an email to a number of them based on a query(essentially to limit who gets the email), what I need to know is howto do this.Any help would be greatly appreciated. TimWal wrote:> Hey guys,>> I have been looking for an issue that I have.>> I have a database with a number of customer email addresses in them> and I want to send an email to a number of them based on a query> (essentially to limit who gets the email), what I need to know is...

I want to email directly from my discussion boards...
I get an error msg saying the command line and switch are wrong...what can i do to fix this? Thank you. What command line are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B091D2AE-78D8-4CBA-9B3A-6BE012DD470C@microsoft.com....

Blocked Senders...
So is there some way to make the Blocked Senders in Outlook 2003 actually be *BLOCKED*? I don't want them in my junk folder I don't even want them coming into my inbox. It would be nice if there was a rule to permanently delete them but I cannot seem to find that either. Does anyone have some ideas, tips or alternate suggestions? Thanks, Rex Without server control there is no easy answer. If your ISP is cooperative, there are ways to block senders from the server, depending on the type of mail server. If you have added the sender and/or domain to your blocked list then you...

Dynamics AR Invoicing should keep the ship to address for inquiry
When performing a Customer Transacation inquiry, you can only see the address id of primary. I'd like to see the ship to address id as well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/e...

Outlook 2003 Junk Email Folder #2
Hello, Have multiple mailboxes opened in the outlook client want the junk mail filter to be configured for EACH of these mailboxes, how do you do that? George Wait till the next version of Outlook? -- Outlook Profile management made easy. http://goffconcepts.com/products/windows/profiler/index.html the junk filter only works on the main mailbox - it requires cache mode, which is not supported on the secondary mailboxes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and...

Email over slow link question.
K, this is a silly question. My boss asked me if a user has dialup and checks his email, is there a way to only download the text in the message rather than say a large attachment thats comes along with the message. SO it doesn't take forever to download the email. I replied with NO. You cannot download just the text in an email, or just the headers in the email, because everything is included as one in the email. Including the attachment. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks I stand corrected, I found the solution. >-----Original Message----- >K, this is a silly question...

Selective Rejection of Email
My Exchange 2003 server is rejecting email from selective domains that I frequently use, such as microsoft.com and a couple of others. I have nothing to change configuration. What could be causing this issue - I'm using Symantec AV to check email. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Dan What is the NDR that the senders get back ? Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "DLS" <DLS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDCD03FD-43AF-4753-8C21-144F52440450@microsoft.com... > My Exchange 2003 server is rejecting email from selective domains that I > ...

repetitious emails
I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. I am getting the same emails into my inbox 7-8-9-10 times and they are not being deleted from the server. BigZoo.net is the server. I have tried deleting my POP3 account from Outlook and setting up again--that didn't solve the problem. Frustrated in Redmond Do you have a firewall/email scanning software installed and set to scan incoming mail? If yes, disable that portion of the program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all ma...

Counting Emails
Is there a way to have Outlook 2002 count emails by hour as they come in? We receive several hundred emails/day and they are auto-forwarded to different folders depending on subject. I would like to be able to know how many emails arrive per hour in each folder but have been unable to figure out if it's possible. Not possible as far as I know... Dale "Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07db01c3a93d$85a0e840$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have Outlook 2002 count emails by hour > as they come in? We receive several hundred ...

Auto Email from Great Plains
Are there any 3rd party solutions for Great Plains 9.0 that will auto generate emails for orders that go past a requested ship date? We have email addresses in the Internet Email Address field and would like to submit late order notices to our customers that have orders beyond the requested ship date. Thanks in advance. Bryan Hi Bryan, Messenger by Liaison Software (www.liaisonsc.com) does exactly what you are looking for. One of Messenger's features is the ability to poll GP and transmitting/routing forms based on the GP data processed. Please contact me for more details. Bes...

Global Address list #8
Migrated from Exchange 2000 to 2003. All servers are exchange 2003 except one. When I shutdown the exchange 2000 server, users cannot access the Global address list. I need to retire the last e2k server. Have you migrated all the mailboxes etc. from the 2000 machine? Would you need to migrate your global addy book from the 2000 machine? If it's still a production machine and it hasn't been shifted to your 2003 machines then that may be it. But I am sure you've already done this. It may be that there have been changes made to your 2000 machine and those changes may no...

Can't send/receive email--Outlook 2000
Hello. I'm having some severe problems with Outlook. I've had no problems using it at all until 2 days ago where it suddenly stopped working. I tried to "send/receive" mail and got an error stating the email server could not be contacted. I have 2 email addresses with the same server, only my other one is set up with Netscape. I have Windows XP so both email addresses are set up separately on 2 different profiles. This one email address in particular I cannot get to work regardless of which profile I use to sign into Windows with. The ISP had me reset my cable modem and route...

Lost Emails
Stupidly, I was writing a note on top of my keyboard the other day. By the time I was finished I managed to make my screen look stretched out, lost 15 days of emails, and randomly lose emails even now. Things I sent 5 minutes ago aren't in the sent folder. Emails I received 5 minutes ago aren't in the inbox. I can't even find them by searching. Any help? Contact 'WindowsLive Solution Center' (http://www.windowslivehelp.com) about the lost emails/msg`s in your windows live id inbox - they will be able to restore your deleted emails / messages -- DrI...

Outlook 2003 - Blocked senders
Hi all I understand that when one marks a sender of an email as 'Blocked' this info is stored in the .pst file. Is there anyway this info can be 'exported or transfered to another PC so the user can benefit from all the 'blocked senders' already recorded? Regards John Tools->Rules and Alerts->OPtions. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, John Cooper aske...

Where do I find emails to burn a copy
You wll find them underneath the pile of unintelligible posts in the deepest recesses of your mind <g> -- John Blessing "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C06E16C-9D8F-41B3-94EA-3F9B9C22B62A@microsoft.com... > You should find them in the folder where you have saved your *.pst files. If you don’t know where they are, just run a search for *.pst and you'll find them. "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C06E16C-9D8F-41B3-94EA-3F9B9C22B62A@microsoft.com... > Robert <R...

5.5.0 Mail rejected for container policy reasons
ALL. has anybody seen this issue ? remote host said: 5.5.0 Mail rejected for container policy reasons. This is an error message i am getting from Messsagelabs and they say it is my exchange server. Ha, cointainer policy ??? thanks Ziggi Check through ClientNet if you are not allowed to send encrypted zip files, or possibly any other file attachements/types. This would generate this 5.5.0 Oliver "ziggibond" <ziggibond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F7D076-6D2D-40E1-B4BF-3E52C38A7BDC@microsoft.com... > ALL. has anybody seen this issue ? > &...

Having trouble sending email from windows mail
This is the error message that I receive when I try and send and email. What does it mean? The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Where is the second part of the error message? That is the most important. -- Bruce Hage...

Changing POP3 and SMTP server addresses
Hi, I need to change the IP address settings of Outlook 2003 to point to a new server. Other than going to each user or trying to get them to do it themselves, does anybody know of a quick automated way that this could be done? Bill user <a> wrote: > I need to change the IP address settings of Outlook 2003 to point to > a new server. Other than going to each user or trying to get them to > do it themselves, does anybody know of a quick automated way that > this could be done? Why would people have IP addresses and not DNS names in their account settings? WIth DNS...

Recipient address rejected
Version: 2008 Whenever I send or collect new mail, a popop window appears right after successfully sending/receiving, saying that reciepient address rejected: need fully-qualified address. It also says that the email couldn't be sent in spite of the fact that it has been sent, and refers to the error as '-17099'. It started yesterday only. Hope you can help. ...

outlook 2002 automatic email address pop-up question
is there a way to find the list of emails that you have sent in the past after the sent messages have been deleted? I can start to type an email address and one or more past email addresses will pop up. Is there a way to find that list? Thanks *.nk2 "Dan" <scharenbergdan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:106501c360f1$64cda750$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to find the list of emails that you have > sent in the past after the sent messages have been > deleted? I can start to type an email address and one or > more past email addresses will pop up. ...

Email/Web to Case
We want to use CRM to serve as a help desk application, but are unsure that it can do everything we need. Below are the requirements that I believe we have, and that I hope I can accomplish with crm3.0 Any comments or tips would be great. 1. Customer emails support@company.com or uses a webform that submits an email to this same email address. 2. The email goes into CRM, under the "support" queue. 3a. A workflow will send an email to an internal Exchange email alias stating that a new question has been submitted. 3b. Another workflow will auto-send an email to the cus...