Receiving duplicate of email messages - any idea how I can fix thi

I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all download
through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and the
other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).

My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3 accounts are
ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting emails
double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix this.

I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing this.

Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.

Much appreciated!

Regards,

Jacquie
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

"Jaquie" <Jaquie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all download
> through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and the
> other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).
>
> My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3 accounts
> are
> ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting
> emails
> double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix
> this.
>
> I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
> forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing this.
>
> Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacquie
You might like to try:

Tools>Accounts (click your account to highlight)>Properties>Advanced
tab>Delivery:
un-tick 'Leave a copy of message on server'.

That might do it.
Or not, Windows Live Mail is full of mysterious quirks ;-)

Grenou

0
Grenou
1/20/2010 10:28:38 AM
I have the same problem that has shown up all of a sudden. I've been using
"Live Mail" for months, never changed anything and the same messages download
every time I Sync.
I looked at what was suggested in the Tools section and the 'Leave a copy of
message on server' box was unchecked. Any other suggestions? Anybody?
Howard

"Grenou" wrote:

> "Jaquie" <Jaquie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all download
> > through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and the
> > other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).
> >
> > My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3 accounts
> > are
> > ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting
> > emails
> > double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix
> > this.
> >
> > I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
> > forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing this.
> >
> > Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.
> >
> > Much appreciated!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jacquie
> You might like to try:
>
> Tools>Accounts (click your account to highlight)>Properties>Advanced
> tab>Delivery:
> un-tick 'Leave a copy of message on server'.
>
> That might do it.
> Or not, Windows Live Mail is full of mysterious quirks ;-)
>
> Grenou
>
> .

I haven't yet had this problem, so I don't know if this would work -- but I
move all my on-the-server messages to a different folder(s) fairly often.
Maybe their not being in the "inbox" would help?

(I have other problems with WLM -- I have a feeling it's just waiting to
nail me on this one.)
bj

"Re: Receiving duplicate of email message" <Re: Receiving duplicate of email
message@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the same problem that has shown up all of a sudden. I've been using
> "Live Mail" for months, never changed anything and the same messages
> download
> every time I Sync.
> I looked at what was suggested in the Tools section and the 'Leave a copy
> of
> message on server' box was unchecked. Any other suggestions? Anybody?
> Howard
>
> "Grenou" wrote:
>

>> "Jaquie" <Jaquie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all
>> > download
>> > through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and
>> > the
>> > other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).
>> >
>> > My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3
>> > accounts
>> > are
>> > ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting
>> > emails
>> > double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix
>> > this.
>> >
>> > I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
>> > forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing
>> > this.
>> >
>> > Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.
>> >
>> > Much appreciated!
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Jacquie
>> You might like to try:
>>
>> Tools>Accounts (click your account to highlight)>Properties>Advanced
>> tab>Delivery:
>> un-tick 'Leave a copy of message on server'.
>>
>> That might do it.
>> Or not, Windows Live Mail is full of mysterious quirks ;-)
>>
>> Grenou
>>
>> .

0
bj
1/20/2010 4:47:29 PM
Did you also check your Hotmail account via web mail to make sure that
it's not accessing your POP3 account?

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Jaquie" <Jaquie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all
> download
> through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and
> the
> other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).
>
> My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3
> accounts are
> ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting
> emails
> double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to
> fix this.
>
> I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
> forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing
> this.
>
> Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacquie

0
Michael
1/20/2010 10:24:32 PM
Is the Hotmail account configured(Hotmail Web UI/Options/More Options/Send and Receive mail from other accounts] configured to pop
your other accounts ?
 - access the Hotmail web UI at mail.live.com or hotmail.com(both addresses go to the same place)

Is the Hotmail account configured as a Pop3 account in WLM ?
 If so, are rules present in WLM to make copy of the other account's incoming message and place it in the Hotmail account ?
--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Jaquie" <Jaquie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC6A6676-966C-44FB-91E9-556566FA57E7@microsoft.com...
> I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all download
> through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and the
> other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).
>
> My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3 accounts are
> ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting emails
> double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix this.
>
> I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
> forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing this.
>
> Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacquie

0
winston

When I open Word, I get a message BCM addin doesnt match
When I open Word, Excel, Outlook, PP or Publisher I get a message 'BCM Office Addin'. 'Office Application Version doesnt match.' Uninstall BCM (MS Business Contact Manager) and test again. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Road" <Road@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B1161B9-BF81-4420-9967-4D30CC6A469A@microsoft.com... > When I open Word, Excel, Outlook, PP or Publisher I get a message 'BCM > Office > Addin'. 'Office Application Version doesnt match.' ...

Custom Error Message 06-27-07
I have a table that holds information about construction sites. Three of the fields (account number, lot number and street address) are a mulitiple field primary key. I have a form that is used to enter the information into this table. If the combination of the account number, lot number and street address have all ready been used, it will not accept this entry (which is what I want). But I get an standard Access error message. How can I give an error message box that will really tell the user what is wrong and how to correct the entry? Phil Trap the Access error message in the On_Error...

Email groups some working some not
I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a pattern to which work and which don't. It isn't the incorrect setting of the expansion server (checked that). There is no logging trail - the emails just go to the ether. With no faults being reported I've no idea how to go about a fix. On 18 Jun 2006 21:30:54 -0700, imscott@bigpond.net.au wrote: >I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups >working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a...

The messaging has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Ou
I have Outlook 2003 /Windows XP.The message in the subject field is the message I receive when I attempt to send a mail, record a new contact. I am blocked to send/recieve Email. Restarting Outlook does not help. Removing and re installing Office 2003 does not help. Any clue.... Create a new mail profile and see if that helps. If it doesn remove the old mail profile. To create a new profile (do not copy it); Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles To access your current pst-file in the new profile; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... To set it as the default delivery l...

Default account when replying to certain email address
I experienced a problem last evening that is really confusing me. I emailed a friend I had not corresponded with in some time. Outlook 2003 is refusing to use my default email account when replying to this one email address. I have five different email accounts set up for particular purposes, and xyz@kirtland.com (example) is set as default. Nearly everything I send uses this address unless I specifically tell Outlook to do otherwise. When I send email to one particular person, Outlook insists in using an alternate account to send, regardless of telling it otherwise. I'm out of i...

Delayed Email Reception
Hello. I have a client who is using SBS 2008 Standard. On several occasions in the last week or so he has called to complain that he is receiving some email messages one day after they had originally been sent. Other mail is not coming in at all. There was a recent issue where he had his client on the phone while said client attempted to re-send the mystery mail message. He is receiving mail for the most part. However, there are times when mail does not arrive, or it arrives a day after it had been sent. Thank you Mail Client = Microsoft Outlook -- Osteele --------------...

Duplicate contacts and accounts
Hello We are currently running CRM v1.0 and Sales for Outlook with Outlook XP and was wondering how, if possible, to be notified if duplicate accounts or contacts have been added. I haven't found any info on this but a search on Google found what appears to be a lot of utilities that will do the checking. So I take it CRM doesn't have anything built in to do this? Thanks in advance Mike There is nothing out of box that support this function. The good news is that SDK has a sample app that deals with this. Link: http://www.workopia.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi? ubb=get_to...

how can I close follow up reminder window?
My computer froze while I had a follow-up reminder window open in Outlook. When I restarted the computer, the contact linked to the reminder had been erased but the reminder window keeps coming back every time I open Outlook and I can't seem to delete it. What must I do? Close outlook and restart it using the /cleanreminders switch. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm if you need help using switches. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

deleting duplicate fields
I have a mailing list in excell worksheet. I want to mail only one letter to household. however, ther are sometimes 3 different names at same address. How can I filter out and delete duplicate addresses. example. jane smith 123 south street anytown, usa john smith 123 south street anytown, usa deb smith 123 south street anytown, usa john smith 566 different street anytown, usa Elaine Suggest you go to Data>Filter>Advanced Filter. "Copy to another location" and "Unique records only" Filter on the number and street name to get jane smith 123 ...

For Follow Up folder emails not showing
Hi - for whatever reason, my 'For Follow-up' folder is showing the numeric number of emails I've flagged to follow-up. However, when I click on the folder, no emails are shown. Has anyone encounted this problem before? Please help. What view do you have set on the folder? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Daniel W asked: | Hi - for what...

Emailing Newsletters
I would like to find out how to email a four page newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be able to see all pages, not only the front page. Any help? Thanks ..pdf it. Works every time. If that isn't an option, visit http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html JoAnn "jc" <jcpagan@fir.com> wrote in message news:0bc201c3dc4c$fe7c4c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to find out how to email a four page > newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be > able to see all pages, not only the front page. > > Any help? > Thanks ...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

New email moved in Deleted items folder
Hi, After we activated a rule to transfert new e-mail to another mailbox all new e-mail were automatically moved to the deleted items folder. We had used this rule before with no problem. I first deactivate the rule and e-mail are still going to deleted items. I've also tried to delete the rule but still have the problem. It's an Exchange 2007 user mailbox and we are using Outlook 2007 on client side. Line Open Outlook with the /cleanrules switch to deactivate all rules both client and server side. You may have rules in conflict. "LM" <LM@discussio...

How do I retrieve my Earthlink email through Outlook?
I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through Outlook. BK <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my > computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything > checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through > Outlook. Did you speak to Earthlink's support staff? -- Brian Tillman ...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

how do I block incoming messages with non-US charactersets?
I have been getting so much spam from Russia and Asia that I want to block all emails with non-US character sets. How do I do that? I have been getting so much spam from USA, Canada, Australia and Western Europe that I want to block all emails with non-cyrilliccharacter sets. How do I do that? "John Brahy" <johnbrahy@community.nospam> wrote in message news:exlO6fFPFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I have been getting so much spam from Russia and Asia that I want to > block all emails with non-US character sets. How do I do that? Your message is very discriminatin...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

How can you import data from another database using query ?
I am using SQL Server 2005. I would like to import data from dbA to dbB for tblMin, but only for some of the data in tblMin. Both dbA and dbB have tblMin. So, in the import wizard, i selected "Write a query to specify the data to transfer", then I write a query like this: SELECT * FROM [dbA].[dbo].[tblMin] where symbol = 'ABC' If I do this, the import wizard creates a new table called Query, and import the data to Query, instead of importing it to tblMin on dbB. How can I import the data to tblMin on dbB ? Thank you fniles (fniles@pfmail.com) writes:...

Emailed documents sent as Read-Only
When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? If we email it internally, users on the network can edit it, no problem. Thanks. compsosinc@gmail.com wrote: >When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". >We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? My guess is that they're opening the attachment from the preview/reading pane of the client. Ask them to open the message and /then/ open the attachment. -- Rich Matheisen ...

How can I add transaction while using the online version of money
Ok... when I first bought Money several years ago and installed it on my home computer, I could then login while at work via the passport and see the information that I had entered on my home computer. If I purchased something during the day I could go online and add the transaction which was great way to know at any given moment what my TRUE balance was in my account. Now when I check my Money account online from work I can see all the information I've entered at home but now there is no way to add a new transaction other then from my home computer where I have Money installed. ...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

email partial worksheet
How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you wan to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you want >to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

Error message in Outlook
When I try to open a link in Outlook I get this error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effec on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator, and I have tried Microsoft 'Fix it' and other sites. I am at a complete loss. Can anyone help? I'm not sure any question has been answered more often than this one. Never hurts to search the group before you reveal the fact that you haven't bothered to do so. It would save both you and us some time if you did. http://www.slipstick.com/prob...

'not responding' message
Can someone tell me what is actually happening when I get the 'program not responding' message? Is it frozen in place? Not working at all? Stuck in an endless loop? The hard drive activity light is blinking like crazy but waiting forever to either repair, uninstall program. When checking task manager it says: not responding. Do I keep waiting? I installed Evolution, for Windows, mail program. Can't seem to get it uninstalled. Used Revo uninstaller and the native uninstaller but both seem to be freezing. Thanks for any help understanding this process. Usually the ...