Receiving duplicate of email messages - any idea how I can fix thi

  • Follow

I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all download
through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and the
other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).

My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3 accounts are
ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting emails
double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix this.

I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing this.

Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.

Much appreciated!

Regards,

Jacquie
0
Reply Utf 1/20/2010 10:00:02 AM

"Jaquie" <Jaquie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all download
> through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and the
> other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).
>
> My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3 accounts
> are
> ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting
> emails
> double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix
> this.
>
> I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
> forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing this.
>
> Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacquie
You might like to try:

Tools>Accounts (click your account to highlight)>Properties>Advanced
tab>Delivery:
un-tick 'Leave a copy of message on server'.

That might do it.
Or not, Windows Live Mail is full of mysterious quirks ;-)

Grenou

0
Reply Grenou 1/20/2010 10:28:38 AM

I have the same problem that has shown up all of a sudden. I've been using
"Live Mail" for months, never changed anything and the same messages download
every time I Sync.
I looked at what was suggested in the Tools section and the 'Leave a copy of
message on server' box was unchecked. Any other suggestions? Anybody?
Howard

"Grenou" wrote:

> "Jaquie" <Jaquie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all download
> > through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and the
> > other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).
> >
> > My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3 accounts
> > are
> > ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting
> > emails
> > double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix
> > this.
> >
> > I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
> > forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing this.
> >
> > Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.
> >
> > Much appreciated!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jacquie
> You might like to try:
>
> Tools>Accounts (click your account to highlight)>Properties>Advanced
> tab>Delivery:
> un-tick 'Leave a copy of message on server'.
>
> That might do it.
> Or not, Windows Live Mail is full of mysterious quirks ;-)
>
> Grenou
>
> .

0
Reply Utf 1/20/2010 3:38:01 PM

I haven't yet had this problem, so I don't know if this would work -- but I
move all my on-the-server messages to a different folder(s) fairly often.
Maybe their not being in the "inbox" would help?

(I have other problems with WLM -- I have a feeling it's just waiting to
nail me on this one.)
bj

"Re: Receiving duplicate of email message" <Re: Receiving duplicate of email
message@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the same problem that has shown up all of a sudden. I've been using
> "Live Mail" for months, never changed anything and the same messages
> download
> every time I Sync.
> I looked at what was suggested in the Tools section and the 'Leave a copy
> of
> message on server' box was unchecked. Any other suggestions? Anybody?
> Howard
>
> "Grenou" wrote:
>

>> "Jaquie" <Jaquie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all
>> > download
>> > through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and
>> > the
>> > other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).
>> >
>> > My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3
>> > accounts
>> > are
>> > ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting
>> > emails
>> > double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix
>> > this.
>> >
>> > I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
>> > forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing
>> > this.
>> >
>> > Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.
>> >
>> > Much appreciated!
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Jacquie
>> You might like to try:
>>
>> Tools>Accounts (click your account to highlight)>Properties>Advanced
>> tab>Delivery:
>> un-tick 'Leave a copy of message on server'.
>>
>> That might do it.
>> Or not, Windows Live Mail is full of mysterious quirks ;-)
>>
>> Grenou
>>
>> .

0
Reply bj 1/20/2010 4:47:29 PM

Did you also check your Hotmail account via web mail to make sure that
it's not accessing your POP3 account?

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Jaquie" <Jaquie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all
> download
> through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and
> the
> other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).
>
> My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3
> accounts are
> ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting
> emails
> double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to
> fix this.
>
> I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
> forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing
> this.
>
> Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacquie

0
Reply Michael 1/20/2010 10:24:32 PM

Is the Hotmail account configured(Hotmail Web UI/Options/More Options/Send and Receive mail from other accounts] configured to pop
your other accounts ?
 - access the Hotmail web UI at mail.live.com or hotmail.com(both addresses go to the same place)

Is the Hotmail account configured as a Pop3 account in WLM ?
 If so, are rules present in WLM to make copy of the other account's incoming message and place it in the Hotmail account ?
--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Jaquie" <Jaquie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC6A6676-966C-44FB-91E9-556566FA57E7@microsoft.com...
> I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all download
> through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and the
> other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc).
>
> My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3 accounts are
> ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting emails
> double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix this.
>
> I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no
> forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing this.
>
> Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know.
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacquie

0