Quick Views not showing all messages

For my "Quick views" options, I have "All inboxes for all accounts" selected
but when I view messages in that folder, not all the messages are showing,
forcing me to view each individual account inbox to view all my mail.  What
could be my problem?  This is a new system and I did import the account info
from my Outlook Express on my old XP computer.

Also missing "Storage folders on this new PC, which I thought was part of
the program, do I have to create it myself?
--
GeriAnn
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Storage folders
Version 14
- View/Layout/.../  -> Show Storage Folders
Version 15(current beta)
- Ribbon/View/Storage folders

What version of WLM are you using ?

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"GeriAnn"  wrote in message news:512AFE6B-2659-4EEF-9E1F-9146137F712B@microsoft.com...

For my "Quick views" options, I have "All inboxes for all accounts" selected
but when I view messages in that folder, not all the messages are showing,
forcing me to view each individual account inbox to view all my mail.  What
could be my problem?  This is a new system and I did import the account info
from my Outlook Express on my old XP computer.

Also missing "Storage folders on this new PC, which I thought was part of
the program, do I have to create it myself?
--
GeriAnn
0
winston
8/16/2010 9:19:15 PM
Running version 2009.  I did manage to get all emails to showup in quick
views yesterday AFTER I signed out of Windows Live ID. . . is that the way it
is suspose to work?  Also, got my Storage folders going . . . Thanks for that
info.

--
GeriAnn

"...winston" wrote:

> Storage folders
> Version 14
> - View/Layout/.../  -> Show Storage Folders
> Version 15(current beta)
> - Ribbon/View/Storage folders
>
> What version of WLM are you using ?
>

> --
> ....winston
> ms-mvp mail
>
> "GeriAnn"  wrote in message news:512AFE6B-2659-4EEF-9E1F-9146137F712B@microsoft.com...
>
> For my "Quick views" options, I have "All inboxes for all accounts" selected
> but when I view messages in that folder, not all the messages are showing,
> forcing me to view each individual account inbox to view all my mail.  What
> could be my problem?  This is a new system and I did import the account info
> from my Outlook Express on my old XP computer.
>
> Also missing "Storage folders on this new PC, which I thought was part of
> the program, do I have to create it myself?
> --
> GeriAnn
> .

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CB3E7F.443B8070

Sign in/Sign Out to Windows Live in WLM should not impact Quick views..

More likely causes are
a. WLM indexing to find the messages
b. interference from an AV program while WLM is updating its index

Glad you found the Storage folders(yours)

You=E2=80=99re welcome.

--
....winston
msft mvp mail

"GeriAnn" <GeriAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
Running version 2009.  I did manage to get all emails to showup in quick =

views yesterday AFTER I signed out of Windows Live ID. . . is that the =
way it=20
is suspose to work?  Also, got my Storage folders going . . . Thanks for =
that=20
info.

--=20
GeriAnn

>=20
> For my "Quick views" options, I have "All inboxes for all accounts" =
selected=20
> but when I view messages in that folder, not all the messages are =
showing,=20
> forcing me to view each individual account inbox to view all my mail.  =
What=20
> could be my problem?  This is a new system and I did import the =
account info=20
> from my Outlook Express on my old XP computer. =20
>=20
> Also missing "Storage folders on this new PC, which I thought was part =
of=20
> the program, do I have to create it myself?
> --=20
> GeriAnn
> .

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CB3E7F.443B8070

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">
<DIV>Sign in/Sign Out to Windows Live in WLM should not impact Quick=20
views..</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>More likely causes are</DIV>
<DIV>a. WLM indexing to find the messages</DIV>
<DIV>b. interference from an AV program while WLM is updating its =
index</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Glad you found the Storage folders(yours)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You=E2=80=99re welcome.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: =
10pt">--<BR>...winston<BR>msft=20
mvp mail<BR><BR></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #000000; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 4px solid; =
BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #000000; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: =
#000000; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px">
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; =
COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: =
none">
<DIV>"GeriAnn" &lt;GeriAnn@discussions.microsoft.com&gt; wrote in =
message=20

<DIV=20
style=3D"BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #000000; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 4px solid; =
BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #000000; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: =
#000000; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px">
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; =
COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: =
none">Running=20
version 2009.&nbsp; I did manage to get all emails to showup in quick =
<BR>views=20
yesterday AFTER I signed out of Windows Live ID. . . is that the way it =
<BR>is=20
suspose to work?&nbsp; Also, got my Storage folders going . . . Thanks =
for that=20
<BR>info.<BR><BR>-- <BR>GeriAnn<BR><BR><BR>"...winston" =
wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;=20
Storage folders<BR>&gt; Version 14<BR>&gt; - View/Layout/.../&nbsp; =
-&gt; Show=20
Storage Folders<BR>&gt; Version 15(current beta)<BR>&gt; - =
Ribbon/View/Storage=20
folders<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; What version of WLM are you using ?<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; --<BR>&gt; ....winston<BR>&gt; ms-mvp mail<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
"GeriAnn"&nbsp; wrote in message=20
news:512AFE6B-2659-4EEF-9E1F-9146137F712B@microsoft.com... <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; For=20
my "Quick views" options, I have "All inboxes for all accounts" selected =

<BR>&gt; but when I view messages in that folder, not all the messages =
are=20
showing, <BR>&gt; forcing me to view each individual account inbox to =
view all=20
my mail.&nbsp; What <BR>&gt; could be my problem?&nbsp; This is a new =
system and=20
I did import the account info <BR>&gt; from my Outlook Express on my old =
XP=20
computer.&nbsp; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Also missing "Storage folders on this =
new PC,=20
which I thought was part of <BR>&gt; the program, do I have to create it =

myself?<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; GeriAnn<BR>&gt;=20
..<BR>&gt;</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CB3E7F.443B8070--

0
winston

Associated View Buttons
Hello Is there a supported way of removing buttons from the nav bar on an associated view ? We are using some custom forms for certain entities and would like to remove the Add, Add existing and delete functions from the associated view. We cannot amend the security roles as they do require these rights against the entity. Any help gratefully received. Thanks...Phil Hi Phil, I have a support call with Microsoft along these lines at present. With regards to hiding or removing the buttons, I have been told there is no supported way to do this. I am currently querying the functionality ...

INBOX contents displayed in Calendar, Contact and Task views
About two days ago, icons for Calendar, Contact, and Task suddenly appeared in my email Favorite Folder window on the left side of the overall email view. Trying to remove these icons from the Favorites view and then running SCANPST apparently got rid of these icons. At the same time, the Inbox list (center panel) now displays when I switch to Calendar, Contacts, or Tasks, using the navigation icons on the very bottom of the left panel. The only way that I can display the Calendar, Contacts or Tasks is to select the Files navigation icon, select the right folder from the files list, and t...

Quick help with excel formula
Ok, i need a forumla. this is what I want, i have two columns like this Time Start: ............. Time Finish: ............ I fill out these two columns like this Time Start: ...17:42... Time Finish: ...18:25.. Now i have another Column that says Training Length: ........ I want this to work out the time between 17:42 and 18:25 Any one help pleas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi simply =A2-A1 and format as time If your training time can span midnight use the formula =A2-A1+(A2<A1) >-----Original Message----- >Ok, i need a forumla. > >this is what ...

Sort order views
Is it anyhow possible to change the standard field searchbox in views ? For standard search it's a bit annoying having to go in advanced search ! Jack No you cannot do this unless you want to attempt to dig into the sourcecode etc. So the answer is not in standard CRM. I have not heard of anyone making this change. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Jack Nielsen" <no_spam jack.nielsen@get2net.dk> wrote in message news:eo9$w0htEHA.1720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is it anyhow possible to...

Preventing NULL showing as 0 on a pivot chart using Office Web Component.
Hi, Does anyone know how to prevent the null showing as 0 on a pivot chart? My reports contains forcast and YTD(year to date) trend lines. The YTD for future months are null and the nulls show as 0 on a pivot chart which we don't want. Is there a way to prevent this? If the same data were charted on Excel, Excel will not plot the null on pivot chart(that's what we want). Thanks in advance for your help. Excel has no null. Presumably you have formulas that either return 0 or "". You can either delete the formulas until they are needed, or have them return #N/A to get th...

inventory unit of measure
We sell brakes in sets of four, but purchase them as an Each. When we use this system, the quantity on hand shows the amount of Each's on hand -- same with inventory counts. Because a Set of Four is set up in our system as 4 Eachs, If I set the UofM Schedule ID as Set of Four, the Base Unit of Measure (which shows on the vendor and purchasing cards) remains Each. Is there any way to get the "Set of Four" to be th Base Unit of Measure? The Base UOM is the UOM you stock in. So if you make 'Set of Four' the Base UOM, you'll have to stock it that way. You'll ...

Can I show email and calendar in one view?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am trying to figure out a way to have a calendar view to the right of my inbox, either in place of the preview plane or next to it. <br><br>Is there any way to do this? Hi, you can only have the mini-calendar show up right next to the inbox. If it is not already visible, just click on the tiny triangle button in the lower left corner of the Entourage main window. If you want a calendar or a list showing your appointments (as you can in the Windows version of Ou...

Message routing Problem #2
Hi all, We are having a intramail facility running. An exchange server 2003 ent ed is running on windows 2003 ent ed. We have two DCs, one is a PDC and other is ADC. Exchange is running in ADC. DNS server is running in both the DCs. Now the thing is, till day before yesterday things were working fine, and then power fluctuation happened and both the servers got restarted. Now the messages are not reaching the recipients, even though it is sent successfully without any error. When I checked the queue, it shows that the message is waiting to get routed. Can any one suggest any solution. ...

is there a way of viewing all pages on Publisher at once?
It would be very helpful to be able to see all the pages i have created at the same time - and even better to be able to print them all on one page In print preview you can see most of the pages depending on how many, do a print screen... paste into Paint and print. Can't guarantee the results. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "HJD" <HJD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9534796A-69FA-48C9-8EBD-18E2F7337322@microsoft.com... > It would be very helpful to be able to see all the pag...

View actual "to field"
I receive my e-mail via exchange server. I have several aliases, all configured on the exchange server. Is there any field that could tell me which messages were addressed to which alias. The "To" field seems to convert my alias to my actual account so that all received message seem to be adressed to the same e-mail address, although in actuality they are not, as can be verified by looking at the internet headers where you can see the actual "to" address as entered by the sender. Is this information in any field so that incoming messages could be better sorted ? ...

Viewing a Return Document
I have a return doc I would like to view, but when I drill off the Vendor Payables Transactions it doesn't let me drill back - Where do I go to look at the Return?? Thanks ...

Connecting entities in one View
Hello, all! Is it possible to customize my own view to show documents with conditions, that uses other entities? I mean something like hard SQL-queries (with INNER JOIN may be...) I think Deployment Manager can help me to make mappings from one entity to another (using my own new fields) and then use that new fields in query. But can anybody say me clearly what is mapping in Deployment Manager?? ;) Views will only work with one CRM entity at a time. As always can create custom pages to act as views using asp.net and the SDK. The mappings in deployment manager allow you to tranfer data bet...

How to add a disclaimer at the bottom of all outgoing messages
I would like to add a standard text at the bottom of every message sent to external address. I have both Exchange 2000 and 2003. I do not want to use the signature feature in Outlook, but prefer to do it at the exchange level which will apply to all users. Hi You have two options here, you can either Follow MS article q317608 to create an SMTP Transport Event Sync, see here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;317680 Second option: purchase a product such as GFI MailEssentials Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2k Pro&Svr, Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "...

Messages are not going to sent folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I have 3 email accounts in Entourage. In my mail email (POP) all my sent messages actually go to the Sent Folder. On the other two accounts (IMAP) there is nothing in my Sent Folder. How can I get them to go to the Sent Folder? On 3/9/10 9:23 AM, gardengirl72@officeformac.com wrote: > On the other two accounts (IMAP) there is nothing in my Sent Folder. How > can I get them to go to the Sent Folder? Open Accounts under Tools in the Menu bar. Select each IMAP account and click o...

Showing Holidays?
Hello, My Outlook 2002 calendar is not showing any holidays. It does show my personal reoccurring events. The list of holidays seems to stop in earlier years, so the past few years never have shown holidays on the monthly calendar view. Is there a way to get all of the national holidays to show again? Thanks a lot, Bob http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook...

Lost contacts, folders and messages after repair
I am running Outlook 2002 SP 2 on a fairly new Dell. I was experiencing problems, so I ran the "Reapir" function from the Microsoft Office installation disk. The repair fixed the functionality of the program, but erased all my e-mail messages, folders, address book and settings. I was able to restore the settings and can access new email, but all my old data is lost. How can I restore my old address book, folders and saved email? Check the properties of yr current Personal Folder, to checks its name & location. Then Search, to include hidden files, for *.pst If this f...

view opportunity by business unit
Hello, Can anyone tell me how I can create a view or Advanced Find in 3.0 to see an opportunity by Business Unit? If not, can a report be created to pull an Opportunity by Business Unit? Thanks. AMCK If you know the Business Unit you can create a query in Advanced find. 1. Open Advanced find. 2. Create a new query. 3. Select the Opportunities for the 'Look for' 4. Under the Fields, select the 'Owner' under Related Fields. This should add a new group. 5. Under the 'Owner' section select the 'Business Unit' field. 6. Select 'Equals' 7. Specify...

Message rule does not process correctly
I had processed a few message rules to different folders than the inbox but they are diverted to a third folder and some messages without processed rules are diverted as well to a third forder i.e. I have created message rules such that ZD letters must transfer to ZD folder and CNET letters to CNET folders, unfortunately these letters diverted to a third folder Intel. Occasionally, the letters without message rules created are diverted to intel when it is supposed to arrive in the inbox. I have entered the "from line correctly" in the concerned box went to t...

Copying certain column information quickly
As you know in Excel you could quickly copy the information you needed with a drag of the mouse. Because I need information copied repeatedly and easily for my access unfirmiliar co workers. Example JOB CUSTOMER QUOTE # A B1 110701 A(copied) A2 110701 (copied) A(copied) C4 110701 (copied) How do I do this quickly and efficiently for the computer challenged. Sorry, Access is a database, not a spreadsheet, and can't be used like one. You can write some code to select the rows that you want to ...

text show as ######
Hi, I have a cell in Text format with "wrap text" enabled, And I copy from notepad multiple lines of text. The cell turns to show "################", Can anyone tell me why and how to make it show the correct text? Thanks a lot. -- Leo Leo Change the format to General. Usually clears this up. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:04:51 -0400, "Leo Lin" <leolin1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a cell in Text format with "wrap text" enabled, And I copy from >notepad multiple lines of text. The cell turns to show "...

Can I view an MS Publisher pub, in full screen view?
I want to preview an MS Publisher pub, as a full screen picture (like PowerPoint's Slideshow, in contrast with slide edit view)? Idon't have a color printer so print preview shows a greyed out picture. Should I install a dummy printer and go print preview, or what? Print Preview won't show you a full screen image. You've already seen what it looks like apparently. If you download a dummy driver, you could at least see it in color. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "J.K. August" <J.K. August@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

No "Show Profiles" in "Control Panel"

Quick Question
I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2010? Michael On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:59:26 +0000 (UTC), Rev. Michael L. Burns <sdbpastor@charter.bet> wrote: > >I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently >set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a >way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2...

Is there a quick way to...
highlighting only the odd or even numbered rows? Thanks. Something like this should do: Sub banding() ActiveSheet.Range("A65536").Select Selection.End(xlUp).Select lastrow = ActiveCell.Row Range("A6:AK" & lastrow).Select Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone 'Change rownum to the the first row number where data occurs rownum = 6 For i = 1 To (lastrow - rownum) Step 2 Range("B" & rownum + i & ":AK" & rownum + i).Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 15 .Pattern = xlSolid End With ...

Viewing a Word (*.Doc) File in CHtmlView
Hi All, I have created a SDI Project using MFC AppWizard. In Step 5, I have selected Project Style: Windows Explorer. In Step 6, I have selected CHtmlView as Parent class of Application View class. In LeftView, I have made a Tree of MS Word (*.DOC) Files and when double click on a File this file is shown in RightPane. Now, problem is that EXE of my Project is running fine on my PC. But, on some other PCs it shows a Downloading Dialog Box before showing file in the Right Pane. Dialog Box asks user to Open file, Save file, and to Cancel processing. How I can hide this dialog box. Best Rega...