Prohibited File Type?

  • Follow

If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the
body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it?
Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
gives the
same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
The files In question are jpg files.
Anyone advise please?

1
Reply John 3/1/2010 9:33:58 PM

Tools/Safety/Options/Security

Uncheck
 - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
 - block images and other external content

Check (optional)
 - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe Senders list

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message news:uus6sbYuKHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the
> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it?
> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
> gives the
> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
> The files In question are jpg files.
> Anyone advise please?

0
Reply winston 3/1/2010 10:18:08 PM

Excellent TVM.

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Tools/Safety/Options/Security
>
> Uncheck
> - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
> - block images and other external content
>
> Check (optional)
> - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe Senders
> list
>
> --
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>
> "John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message
>> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
>> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in
>> the
>> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking
>> it?
>> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
>> gives the
>> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
>> The files In question are jpg files.
>> Anyone advise please?

0
Reply John 3/2/2010 7:16:10 AM

> Excellent TVM.
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Tools/Safety/Options/Security
>>
>> Uncheck
>> - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
>> - block images and other external content
>>
>> Check (optional)
>> - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe
>> Senders list
>>
>> --
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message
>>> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in
>>> the
>>> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking
>>> it?
>>> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that
>>> also gives the
>>> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
>>> The files In question are jpg files.
>>> Anyone advise please?
!!

0
Reply davidp 3/2/2010 2:44:56 PM

Yw John,
 Is that confirmation that it resolved your issue ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message news:eMLMEhduKHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Excellent TVM.
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Tools/Safety/Options/Security
>>
>> Uncheck
>> - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
>> - block images and other external content
>>
>> Check (optional)
>> - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe Senders
>> list
>>
>> --
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
>>> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in
>>> the
>>> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking
>>> it?
>>> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
>>> gives the
>>> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
>>> The files In question are jpg files.
>>> Anyone advise please?

0
Reply winston 3/3/2010 6:00:53 AM