Prohibited File Type?

Follow
Email
If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the
body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it?
Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
gives the
same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
The files In question are jpg files.
Anyone advise please?

1
Reply John 3/1/2010 9:33:58 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Tools/Safety/Options/Security

Uncheck
 - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
 - block images and other external content

Check (optional)
 - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe Senders list

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message news:uus6sbYuKHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the
> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it?
> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
> gives the
> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
> The files In question are jpg files.
> Anyone advise please?

0
Reply winston 3/1/2010 10:18:08 PM
Excellent TVM.

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Tools/Safety/Options/Security
>
> Uncheck
> - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
> - block images and other external content
>
> Check (optional)
> - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe Senders
> list
>
> --
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>
> "John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message
>> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
>> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in
>> the
>> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking
>> it?
>> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
>> gives the
>> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
>> The files In question are jpg files.
>> Anyone advise please?

0
Reply John 3/2/2010 7:16:10 AM

> Excellent TVM.
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Tools/Safety/Options/Security
>>
>> Uncheck
>> - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
>> - block images and other external content
>>
>> Check (optional)
>> - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe
>> Senders list
>>
>> --
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message
>>> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in
>>> the
>>> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking
>>> it?
>>> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that
>>> also gives the
>>> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
>>> The files In question are jpg files.
>>> Anyone advise please?
!!

0
Reply davidp 3/2/2010 2:44:56 PM
Yw John,
 Is that confirmation that it resolved your issue ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message news:eMLMEhduKHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Excellent TVM.
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Tools/Safety/Options/Security
>>
>> Uncheck
>> - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
>> - block images and other external content
>>
>> Check (optional)
>> - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe Senders
>> list
>>
>> --
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
>>> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in
>>> the
>>> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking
>>> it?
>>> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
>>> gives the
>>> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
>>> The files In question are jpg files.
>>> Anyone advise please?

0
Reply winston 3/3/2010 6:00:53 AM
Follow
Email

Change default file location
WHere and how do you change the default location for the Outlook PST file. I appreciate you help. Johnny Moore Moore-WDS Close Outlook. Move your PST file. Re-open Outlook and tell Outlook where you moved it when it asks. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "moore-wds" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b6301c3b447$80ae9a70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > WHere and how do you change the default location for the > Outlook PST file. I appreciate you help. > > Johnny Moore > Moore-WDS >WHere and how do you change the default location for the &g...

Problem restoring back up file on Money 2004
I had a problem with my PC and have had to reinstall my version of Money on a new PC. When I went to restore backup of data file I got the message "The File name is invalid. Please use a valid file name". the back up file name is "john1 current.mny". which is the extension that money would have given this file. I Had this problem before and a work colleague sorted by dowloading an update to my original restored software. ....Any ideas what this might have been ? You have to let Money go find it's own updates. Recommended method is to navigate to sample.mny, dou...

mde files 01-15-08
is there any way i can change a mde file to a mdb file Joe, this is not the answer you want. You can think of an mde file is an mdb file with something missing. The thing that is missing is access to the code. When a mdb file is made into an mde file, you can not access the code. You can't get the code back from an mde file. You need the original mdb file that was used to create the mde file. There are some companies on the internet that advertise getting your mde file back into a mdb file, but I haven't heard of anyone who has used this service. Jeanette Cunningham "joe...

Pixellated display of wmv files by Media Player
Windows XP Sp2 : WMP 9.00 on Lenovo S510 : 1364/768 display Any .wmv file when opened shows the video as a very heavily pixellated display :each pixel is 4mm by 4mm. The colour display also is something that reminds me of the display with 16colour setting in old CRT monitors. I am told this could be due to corrupted codecs. If so, how can I correct it? Thanks Mohan -- Message posted via WindowsKB.com http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/windowsxp/201008/1 Why isn't SP3 installed yet? Support for WinXP SP2 ended on 13 July 2010. Computers running WinXP SP2 &qu...

COPYING FILES
dear friends... i want your help in this regard.... i want to copy some files from B:\ (map drive) to D:\ (local drive)... i dont want copy only the file which is yesturday modified/or new file. is there any way in knowledge to fulfill my requirement... thanks in advance.. suresh tp There are some things that are easier outside of excel. Open windows explorer. Go to your B: drive Make sure you're showing details (View|details) Click on the date modified column to sort it. (Click again to sort it in the opposite order.) Then just click on the first and shift click on the last to ...

Saving Excel files as PDFs or vector files
Is anyone certain whether Excel files can be saved in either PDF or vector format (e.g., Adobe Illustrator)?? Thanks, Chuck Hi Chuck - If you have Acrobat, you can convert an Excel file to PDF. If you copy something in Excel and paste into PowerPoint (or other app), you can ungroup the object into its component elements, so the vector information is there. Have you tried pasting into Illustrator to see what you get? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Chuck wrote: > Is anyone certain whether Excel files ca...

Importing Files
Can someone please explain how to import text from MS Word to MS Publisher? Somehow I need to get my book manuscript text into "film ready disk" format for commercial production. Tks! ----- J.Hall wrote: ---- Can someone please explain how to import text from MS Word to MS Publisher? Somehow I need to get my book manuscript text into "film ready disk" format for commercial production. Tks Have you tried the "Import Word Document" option under the "File" menu Your printer should be able to handle Word f...

join imported Excel 2007 files
I have two Excel 2007 files that I need to join to form one spreedsheet of data. I have the unique identifier column in both files. There will be some records (rows) that are in one file but not in the other that need to be kept as well. How can I pull all of this data together using the unique identifier column in both files? (82,000 records) Hi, Refer to this article http://datapigtechnologies.com/blog/index.php/using-access-to-combine-multiple-excel-files-method-2/ -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "Dayle" <Dayle@d...

Onload choose which iFrame based on relationship type
I am a newbie when it comes to onload events. I have created a sharepoint list that when accessed through an onload event it will pull up documents from the list based on account number; which works great. var url; url = "http://url/Documents/Forms/CRM_View.aspx?View={981FD8B1-0A8E-424C-9B91-1EFB764955F1}&FilterField1=Account%5Fx0020%5FNumber&FilterValue1=" + crmForm.all.accountnumber.value; document.all.IFRAME_docs.src = url; I would like to add a statement that says if crmForm.all.relationshiptype.value=rsm then var url; url = "http://url/Documents/Forms/C...

How to open two separate excel files side by side?
For example, two excel files are separate but some data are related to each other. So, I would like to open two files side by side (horizontally or vertically) to compare the data. I could not figure out how to do with 07Excel. Please advise me. John Start Excel; open the two files Open the View tab; in the Window group click Arrange All and select either vertical or horizontal best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:edOup172JHA.3304@TK2M...

pdb file
Hello, When I trace a program in order to do debugging , there are times which a dialog on some particular lines come up. The dialog caption is "Find Symbol"! and also the text on dialog is : pleaes enter the path for mfc42d.pdb Can you please explain to me what is this? What are those files with pdb extenstion too ? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%2302kVDQoEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > > When I trace a program in order to do debugging , there are times which a > dialog on some particular l...

Problems copying from PDF file
When I copy an object from an Adobe Reader file and paste it into a Publisher file, I have two problems: object loses its sharpness and when I print it out, it prints out in a solid black block. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you. What happens if you copy and paste into an editing program and save and then insert into Publisher. What happens if you select "paste special" and designate a specific format? What is the resolution of the picture? Where did you get the PDF? Do you have an URL? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

Prohibit Return
Any way to stop a return on only certain items in the inventory... Hi Gil, The way you can accomplished is use Item Messages. 1. You can go to Item then click on Special tab. Create any new item message and attached it with to your specific item where you don't wanted to use as return. Remeber the above message also appear in sales for the first time you scan the item. If this works let me know "Gil" wrote: > Any way to stop a return on only certain items in the inventory... > > > You can also use the security feature to stop the Sales Returns. "...

Creating records in one file whilst editing another file
I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee file. Each time a record is changed I would like to create an audit record in a separate file. I do not need any input from the user when creating the record as all the information is implied (date, time, user, before and after values etc.) I would be interested to know what people think the easiest way to do this would be...?? All opinions welcome - the more the merrier. Thanks, Jon. 88Caddy wrote: >I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee >file. Each time a record is changed I would ...

Relay is prohibited #2
Hi Platform : Exchange Server 5.5 on a Cluster Windows 2000 Sp3. Mail 1.3.3 ( V6112 ) from Mac Os X panter. Connected to the Exchange Server Using IMAP. When we try to send an e-mail out the company we recieve this message "Relay is prohibited" it only happen with the Mac'S Mail software, if I use outlook evething is Ok. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You You'll need to set the Mac's mail client to authenticate to the Exchange server before they can send outbound mail through it.... Javier wrote: > Hi &...

File size for an excel sheet on the web
I have spreadsheet over 11mb that needs to be put out online however I want to reduce the file size for faster browser opening. Can the file be reduced at all and still retain the drop downs I have included? Hi cosmicnorm Check out this site http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Don't save the file in two versions but only as Microsoft excel workbook Not as 97-2002 & 5.0/95 workbook(this make your workbook big) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "cosmicnorm" <cosmicnorm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:762BAA17-A98A-4C01...

Why can't I type in a date?
Something has always bugged me about Excel. If I type in a date, the width of the cell ALWAYS has to be wide enough to display the entire date; otherwise, it'll give me the "#####". If, say, I'm typing in today's date in A1, and there's nothing in B1, why won't it just bleed the text over to the adjoining cell? This happens regardless if I'm hardcoding a date, or if I do a formula like "+today()" Any way around this? Sometimes, I WANT to keep that particular cell a certain size. Thanks. Hi no way around this. As a date is a numeric value E...

Log file sequence numbers
I am getting the warning saying I am about to run out of log file sequence numbering (ID 514). The stores are still up and running. Can I dismount the stores, and move the logs to a new location? Will that reset the numbering? Exchange 2003 SP2. Thank you. Ed On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:15:38 -0400, "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote: >I am getting the warning saying I am about to run out of log file sequence >numbering (ID 514). The stores are still up and running. Can I dismount the >stores, and move the logs to a new location? Will that reset the numberin...

how do i recover autosave files from Publisher
Mands, What are you trying to accomplish? What version? That is the type of information that you should put in this big white space. I went to Publisher 2003 Help and searched for "autosave," and then clicked on "Troubleshoot file recovery." You would be surprised what has been prepared just for your use! Good luck! "Mands" <Mands@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:381EB261-7139-457A-B473-A55EA584E109@microsoft.com... > ...

Attaching ZIP files in Outlook
After recently updating to SP2, I've come upon a mysterious occurence. Now, when I'd like to attach a ZIP file to an email, none of the .zip files show up when opening a folder and "show all files" is selected. Did a security setting change? All other file types are shown, except - of course - the one I want! (.zip) Man, they don't call me Schleprock for nothing! ...

Zipping a mdb-file
How can I zip a mdb-file. My problem is I have an export to a mdb-file. This file goes as an attachment to Outlook. I need to zip this mdb-file both to reduse the size and also to get it sent with Outlook. By now I use pkzip with a shell argument, but I would like to make all the programming in access. reidarT I use Winzip with its "Command Line" interface to Zip the desired MDF, but I use ShellWait (just Google ShellWait) to launch Winzip. To then send as an e-mail, it depends on whether you're using Outlook or Outlook Express. I use the latter, so it's necessary to us...

What are these tmp.dll files ?
Hello - I have a number of files (about 70 - 25mb in size total) with names similar to: _005282_.tmp.dll. They appear in \windows\system32 and \windows\system32\drivers. They seem to be related to SP2 (I have SP3 installed). For example, displaying the properties/ file version info, you see something like 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) Thanks for any info. On Nov 19, 5:06=A0pm, "Dave and Rosanna" <davexnet...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello - > I have a number of files (about 70 - 25mb in size total) with names simil= ar > to: > _005...

Problem with the pst file
Hi there, I'm facing a problem in opening a pst file(zile size 2.1GB). I have scanned the file using scanpst.exe several times but the problem still persists. I have also used the tool which minimises the size of the file..but no luck. I really don't know why this problem occurs..is it due to the file size..or one of the mails has got corrupt. Also if by change if iam able to retrieve the file can i export the same to Outlook Express so that the problem doens't arise again..? Thanks in advance. Regards. Avinash Outlook 97-2002 pst-files can only be up to 2GB. You can r...

Read XML file as an Access table?
Is there any way to process an XML file as an Access table or does the XML have to be imported to a table first? I did some experiments and XML processing appears to be extremely slow; is there any way to speed it up? Thanks. ...

File formats
I have a question concerning file formats. As a small business manager using personal computers in the workplace is essential. Over the course of any fiscal year documents are generated and files produced which are important for maintaining from year to year. Often these important files are generated in Microsoft Word and Excel in my work. I recently referred to one such file that was 5 years old to see the frightening words: “File Error: data may have been lost.” My question related to which file formats are best for file retention. I am not interested in paying a com...