Outbox message about unsent emails.

  • Follow

Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have unsent
messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not matter if
I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and there
are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I get
rid of this message.
0
Reply Utf 5/11/2010 7:11:01 PM

Check the Outbox folder in the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program.

If you don't see any messages, select View (ALT+V), Show or Hide and
make sure that Show all Messages is selected.

You may need to select File (ALT+F), Work Offline in order to be able to
delete the message.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Tipsterharley" <Tipsterharley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:34076A92-1381-4628-BD36-06C5DADEC463@microsoft.com...
> Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have
> unsent
> messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not
> matter if
> I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and
> there
> are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I
> get
> rid of this message.

0
Reply Michael 5/11/2010 8:01:15 PM

Ensure WLM is in Mail mode(not news, contacts, feeds, calendar)
File/Work Offline
Verify no messages are in your Outbox
Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintenance/<set compact counter to 1>, click Close, OK
File/Exit
Agree to the prompt in the dialog box regarding compact/recover disk space
Open WLM
File/Online
Reset the counter to the prior number(the default is 100, you may choose a different frequency..I use 20)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Tipsterharley" <Tipsterharley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have unsent
> messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not matter if
> I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and there
> are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I get
> rid of this message.

-1
Reply winston 5/12/2010 6:05:16 AM

(page loaded in 0.028 seconds)