Outbox message about unsent emails.

Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have unsent
messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not matter if
I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and there
are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I get
rid of this message.
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Check the Outbox folder in the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program.

If you don't see any messages, select View (ALT+V), Show or Hide and
make sure that Show all Messages is selected.

You may need to select File (ALT+F), Work Offline in order to be able to
delete the message.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Tipsterharley" <Tipsterharley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:34076A92-1381-4628-BD36-06C5DADEC463@microsoft.com...
> Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have
> unsent
> messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not
> matter if
> I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and
> there
> are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I
> get
> rid of this message.

0
Michael
5/11/2010 8:01:15 PM
Ensure WLM is in Mail mode(not news, contacts, feeds, calendar)
File/Work Offline
Verify no messages are in your Outbox
Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintenance/<set compact counter to 1>, click Close, OK
File/Exit
Agree to the prompt in the dialog box regarding compact/recover disk space
Open WLM
File/Online
Reset the counter to the prior number(the default is 100, you may choose a different frequency..I use 20)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Tipsterharley" <Tipsterharley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have unsent
> messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not matter if
> I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and there
> are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I get
> rid of this message.

0
winston

Outlook 2000 warning message when moving items to folder
We have a user who receives this warning when moving items from one Outlook 2000 folder to another existing folder (i.e. - selecting multiple deleted items and moving all items to Personal folder): "Creating a new item from the selected items could take some time. Are you sure you want to create a new item from these 62 items?" Of course the amount changes depending on how many folder items he's selected. Thanks for any help you can give. Are the two folders of different types? In other words, is one a mail folder and one a task folder? If so, when you drag an item fro...

Images in emails not showing
My wife and I both have the same Outlook XP installed on our computers, but when someone sends me an email with images "Inserted" into the body of the page, when I open the email they are at the top as Attachments. But they don't on hers, they show as they should in the body of the letter. Even if I forward said letter after opening it and seeing that they are at the top, when she opens her email, the images are inserted in the body of the letter. I know there is a setting somewhere, just can't find it. Tried Options>Security>(set to:) Internet. Is there a regist...

Empty messages
I'm having a strange problem with Outlook/Exchange. One user periodically will get an email that is empty when he opens it. However, if he forwards to me, I can open it, and see the contents. It's always one of those nested emails, that have been forwarded several times, that you have to open up a thousand windows to finally get to the real message. Other than that, I haven't noticed any rhyme or reason or pattern to it. It may be some simple setting in Outlook I'm overlooking, anyone have a clue, or seen this before? Thanks, Brian ...

Unread messages showing as "read"
We are having trouble at our office with emails coming in and automatically going to "read" status. The "Mark all as read" option is not checked and we can not figure out why this might be happening. Any ideas? -- JosephG "JosephG" <JosephG.3f50832@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:JosephG.3f50832@outlookbanter.com... > We are having trouble at our office with emails coming in and > automatically going to "read" status. The "Mark all as read" option is > not checked and we can not figure out why this might be happ...

Downloading multiple messages
All of a sudden outlook has started downloading multiple messages from my pop account (ie 22 of the same) It is also sending out 22 of the same message. How can I resolve this issue? What version of Outlook do you have? Does it download duplicates of *all* messages, or just of one or two messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "GW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005101c3bf4c$e748bf30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > All of a sudden outlook has started do...

Message appears twice.
Amateur needs help! I have a main client form with combo box that selects client. When client doesn't exist the NotInList code opens an entry form. When the entry form is complete the user uses a command button to close and return to that record on the main client form. Everything is as I want, except the message querying whether to add the NotInList client appears twice: when its not in the list and again at closing the entry form. [txtAdding] is a 1 or 0 and is status for use elsewhere. I cannot see where the problem. Help! ****** code for main client form NotInList ******** ...

Preview Pane From and To full email addresses
Does anyone make an Add-In that will show full addresses in the Outlook 2002 Preview Pane? i.e. "Friendly Name [email@address.com]" as can be seen in the "From" field in message view. ...

Mysterious
Our users receive and send email with Outlook generally without problems. Our mail server is Exchange 2000 with the latest servicepack on win2k. However, over the past few months, users noticed that apparently email sent from an overseas client will only seem to appear on users's Outlook if their address is specified in the 'cc' field. the person who get specified in the 'to' field dont get the message. The overseas client apparently dont get error messages or NDR reports. What can we do to ensure email appears on everyone's Outlook and no email get mysteriousl...

Message format in Outlook 2003
No matter what I do I cannot send HTML messages in Outlook 2003. As far as I can tell everything is set up properly in "options". When composing a message it is in HTML format but when received it is in plain text. Also, when I insert pictures into a message they are received as attachments since the message has changed to plain text. HELP SOMEONE! It could simply be that the receiver of the messages have the options set as Plain Text. Send one to yourself and see what happens if you haven't already. >-----Original Message----- >No matter what I do I cannot s...

Bulk Email to Closed Leads
(MS CRM 3.0) I am not sure if I am loosing my mind or if this really isn't possible. I need to send an email to 250 of my closed leads. I created a marketing list of the leads and a quick campaign for the email but all emails failed with an error something about being blocked by the bulk email. I spot checked the lead's preferences and they all allow bulk email. Do I need to reactivate these leads to do this since you can't create an activity for a closed lead? If so, does anyone have any ideas on how to do this easily? what is the issue if you make them active and send...

convert emails to contacts
Hi Further to a previous question, I am wondering if i can convert a large list of emails to contacts. I have tried dragging the emails to contacts, but they just convert to one contact. Using office 2003 . thanks tim Hi Tim, you could try our freeware addins for Outlook: Public Mail 2 Contact for Outlook (freeware) Public Mail 2 Contact is a freeware addin for Outlook It generates Outlook contacts from existing e-mails and verifies whether the e-mail-address does already exist as contact in Outlook. http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-public-mail-to-contact.html also availa...

Outbox Email
I am using Outlook 03. I have set up a few messages in my outbox, my question is this. Do I need to be in Outlook for the messages in my Outbox to be sent? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Frank Please send any help to the above email address. Thanks, Frank >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 03. I have set up a few messages in >my outbox, my question is this. Do I need to be in >Outlook for the messages in my Outbox to be sent? Any >help will be appreciated. > >Thanks, > >Frank > >. > If you have messages in your Outbox, ...

can't send as email in publisher 2003
i want to send a newsletter in the body of an email. i've already made sure i have outlook 2003 set as my default email. the problem is that when i click on 'send email', the only two options i get are: 'send publication as attachment' and 'send publication as adobe pdf'. help! As you have the option to send as a pdf, it sounds like you are actually using Pub2007. It is my understanding that contrary to the information provided by MSFT, you must use either Outlook 2007 or Outlook Express 5+. Reference: The Send This Page as Message command is not available wh...

receiving email
I can receive email but cannot send. error number 0x800CCC78. The rejected e-mail address was 'ashlander@q.com'. Subject 'Fw: Obama Care Losing Support: Our Ads Are Changing Votes!', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 Check with Fox News! "ashlander" <ashlander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:190ACA20-CC58-4986-8657-E90DD97BBAA0@mic...

Not receiving all emails #2
I'm having trouble with a customer not receiving all her emails in Outlook using Exchange Server. She receives most of her emails yet she is not getting all of them and is upset she is missing some important emails. What would cause Outlook to not accept certain emails? The rest of the faculty are recieving all the emails, it's just on her end. The sender says they do not receive any type or error when they send it to her. -- Modify_inc "Modify_inc" <Modify_inc.3f45f6f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Modify_inc.3f45f6f@outlookbanter.com... > I...

cannot delete messages #2
I am unable to delete messages in my inbox. Whether I hilite and hit the delete key or try dragging to delete file they won't delete. When shutting down outlook an error message pops up saying" some items could not be deleted. Now up to 190 messages in my inbox and counting.....any suggestions out there..... ...

OWA message body is not displayed when creating new messages
Hi there, I really hope someone can help me. I have one user who is having problems when accessing outlook web access from home. He can login to OWA OK but when he clicks on "New" to compose a message, all he sees is the "To:", "Cc", "Bcc", "Subject" and "Attachments" fields. The message body just has a little white box with a red cross through it in its place (like a missing inline graphic). I don't think the problem is server based as I can use his login from my home and have no problems doing any of the tasks. The guy with...

Outlook Client causing multiple email accounts in exchange to not work
Hi all, Has anybody encountered this problem. I have a client running CRM online 4.0 with Exchange 2007, when outlook client is installed one of the email accounts no longer sends emails.Tried unistalling and reinstalling fresh download of the app. He has been running outlook client for over a year before this strated happening. Thanks in advance. Jarrett ...

outlook folders don't populate with new messages
I have several users that their inbox does not populate with new messages until they click on another folder. For instance. I have outlook set to send/receive every one minute. And every minute I see at the bottom in the status bar, send/receive etc. but no new messages are in my inbox. I can watch indefinitely and no new messages are in my inbox. However, if I click on contacts, or any other folder, the inbox suddenly populates with all the new messages. i am using outlook xp on a windows active directory domain. many users have the same problem, but many users don't hav...

Exchange 5.5, Forwarding Email, Email domain changed
Hello All, We have a single Exchange 5.5 server and we've forwarded email from selected mailboxes to outside accounts for years. We do that from the mailbox properties box, using the Alternate Recipients checkbox. Suddenly, the email domain is getting changed on the outgoing forwarded emails... So for example if our domain is @myfirm.com and the forwarded address is forward@yourfirm.com it goes out as forward@myfirm.com. I've checked all the places I could think of, deleted the custom recipient object that has hold the fowarded address and then recreated it, same problem. ...

Attach vCard/Contact to an email
Is it possible to attach or insert a vCard or Contact (not my own) to an email so I can send it to someone? If so, when the email is received, can they use Save Attachment to add it to their Outlook Contacts? ...

Mail stays in Outbox for about a minute
I'm on a new Exchange 2003 server and for some reason my mail sits in the Outbox for about a minute or until I hit F9. I have "Send Imediately When Connected selected" Any thoughts? Sander wrote: > I'm on a new Exchange 2003 server and for some reason my mail sits in > the Outbox for about a minute or until I hit F9. I have "Send > Imediately When Connected selected" > > Any thoughts? What version/SP of Outlook? If you're on 2003, using cached mode? What client OS version, and is there a personal firewall installed/enabled? Anyone else...

Outlook 2003 SP1 sent emails gone crazy!
Quite recently Outlook has decided that whenever I specify which email account/address I'd like to send a reply through, it always reverts back to a particular imap account that isn't set as the default and doesn't show any reason why this would happen. I decided to delete this imap account and recreate it to see if this helped. I now have the problem in that when I reply to emails sent to other accounts, using these other accounts (i.e. not the imap one), Outlook goes through the motions as if it was sending, and then in the bottom right of the window it states that send...

Message automatically deleted after opening
I am using Windows Mail in Vista 32 bit Home Premium. Recently I have been encountering a problem with my e-mails. I open an e-mail and close it after it is read. If I proceed to go to another folder and, then return to the Inbox, the message that I read is no longer there. It doesn't go to the Delete Folder or, any other folder that I have set up. Does anyone know why this is happening and, how I can fix it. Thanks. -- Floridaguy "Floridaguy" <Floridaguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53C48531-DCA8-45BE-8C65-97B19E28B977@microsoft.c...

Emails are in list form only