Out of office message

  • Follow

Does anyone know how to set/do an out of the office message for your email?
Can you do this or not?  I have tried everything and can not get it.  Any
help would be great.
0
Reply Utf 8/25/2010 12:19:03 AM

If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected
to the Internet, and have your e-mail program open. If you want do this
anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would
suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages,
you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only.
Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and could end up in an
endless loop of bounces.

Most ISPs/Mail Servers offer this service which would be a better choice.

How to Set Up a Vacation Auto-Response in Windows Mail, Outlook Express,
or Windows Live Mail
http://email.about.com/od/windowsmailtips/qt/Vacation_Auto_Response_in_Windows_Mail_or_Outlook_Express.htm

Configuring Outlook & Outlook Express To Auto Respond to Incoming E-mail
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/app_info/outlook_autoresponse.htm
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"SF_221" <SF_221@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to set/do an out of the office message for your
> email?
> Can you do this or not?  I have tried everything and can not get it.
> Any
> help would be great.

0
Reply Bruce 8/25/2010 12:23:02 AM