Out of office message

Does anyone know how to set/do an out of the office message for your email?
Can you do this or not?  I have tried everything and can not get it.  Any
help would be great.
8/25/2010 12:19:03 AM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 3 followers. Follow

If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected
to the Internet, and have your e-mail program open. If you want do this
anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would
suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages,
you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only.
Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and could end up in an
endless loop of bounces.

Most ISPs/Mail Servers offer this service which would be a better choice.

How to Set Up a Vacation Auto-Response in Windows Mail, Outlook Express,
or Windows Live Mail

Configuring Outlook & Outlook Express To Auto Respond to Incoming E-mail
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]
      Imperial Beach, CA

"SF_221" <SF_221@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to set/do an out of the office message for your
> email?
> Can you do this or not?  I have tried everything and can not get it.
> Any
> help would be great.

Why Office 2007 updates for office 2003?
We are running Office 2003 on one computer. The March update downloads from MS want me to take and install the following Office 2007 patches: Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB977724) Date last published: 3/9/2010 Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB978380) Date last published: 3/9/2010 These are obviously for Office 2007. The information provided with the update makes no mention of working with or needed by Office 2003. But it keeps suggesting I install these 2 patches. Why? Should I install them? I do have MS Live Meeting 2007 inst...

Outlook Error Message #42
Outlook is giving us the following error message everytime we try to send delivery confirmations. Does anyone have any idea why we are getting these error messages: A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the...

How compatible are office and inkwell?
Good evening, and happy new year MVPs. One of the toys I want to get for this new year is an Intuos tablet. I was wondering how compatible is Apple's inkwell technology and the Intuos (http://www.wacom.com/) tablet. Are there any compatibility issues between both technologies? (Office X and Inkwell) that I should be aware of? Thank you Frank ...

Confirm an out of office reply was sent
One of my users was "out of the office" and had set up the Out of Office Assistant to auto-reply. Now we know that, in general, it was working. She tested it from home and got a reply. I received a reply when I sent her an e-mail. However, we have an outside party who claims they did not receive an auto-reply. I know Exchange will only send an auto-reply once per "sender" but is there a log of some kind that will show exactly who received replies from this user's mailbox? Heck, is there any sort of transaction log at all for Exchange? TIA, -- Doug Starkey Net...

Office 2003 Missing File:C:\SKU011:CAB trying to update to Office
Somehow my source file C:\SKU 011.cab for Office 2003 is missing & I can't install Office 2007. How can this be overcome? If you do not have the installation cd and want to solve this issue follow these steps: (works most of the time with all sku.cab files) 1. Click on start==>run==>type "excel /s" without quotations and click ok. 2. Once Excel is up in safe mode with the error message in front, hold down ctrl+Alt+Delete keys on your keyboard to bring the task manager up. 3. Click on the processes tab==>look for msiexec.exe (only the one next to your...

Problem downloading new e-mail messages...
When I click send/recieve, everyday there will be a few more messages added to the total that outlook starts to download, but besides the 3 or 4 messages that are sent to my inbox, the other 27 don't show up. I would like to know how to get these off of the server, it takes 5 minutes to download my mail, most of the time only actually getting 3 messages. Thanks! ...

Open Office and Windows 7 64-bit Compatibility
Is Open Office compatible with Windows 7 64-bit? Are there any special installation procedures one must follow, such as "run as administrator", install as Vista or Windows XP, etc.? As a long time user of Office 2000, what's the learning curve like in transitioning to Open Office? Any additional insights would be greatly appreciated. -- Thank You, Richard Open Office runs fine on Windows 7 x64. If you are an Office power user OO id probably not for you. For most people it is an excellent competitor to Microsoft Office. As it's free to try there's...

Run Time error message
I have a customer who is running RMS on the POS and a backoffice machine. She can view the Journal fine through POS, however, when she clicks on Journal on either machine in RMS Manager she receives the following message: Run-time error > '-2147417848(80010108)': > > Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its client Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!! Make sure the manager systems have a Default Windows Printer defined. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com --------------------------------------...

Detail reports on message store
I need a way (canned software, or I can write it) to be able to analyze my message store. I want to be able to report by folder, age the messages in buckets (current, 30-60 days, etc), # and size of attachements, etc. Most mail systems let you do this easily. Running Exchange 203 Enterprise. ...

search remote calendars with Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook 11
Hello! I am trying to write a web application that allow me to search and view outlook 2003 calendars. so far I have only been able to read my own calendar information via the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook 11 in a console application. do any one have an idea of how I could search other peoples calendar ? and how to do it in a console application would be fine too Smile so what I am trying to do is really 1. logon a outlook account 2. read other peoples calendar <-- where I am 3. upload the results to a web application so other can view them and search them Thanks in advance Prog...

Cannot load Shared libraries Office 2004 on new MacBook
I have just upgraded my laptop to a new Macbook. When i try to open any office app. (Word, excel, etc.) i get a 'cannot load MS office shared libraries' error message. I think i uninstalled the office trail before installing the full version. I can't remember. But either way i have uninstalled both, and have tried to re-install the Full version like 3 times. I have also repaired the permissions, and restarted. I have also downloaded the update and tried to install that, hoping that it would fix the problem, but it won't let me install it saying, 'installer could not locate...

Office X 10.1.4 Updates
I have OS X 10.3.2 and Office X 10.1.4 on a dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5. Are there any free updates for this verison of Office (Entourage, Word, Powerpoint, Excel)? Thanks. On 5/6/06 16:51, in article 1149522692.446438.124090@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "asbpe@bellsouth.net" <asbpe@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I have OS X 10.3.2 and Office X 10.1.4 on a dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5. > > Are there any free updates for this verison of Office (Entourage, Word, > Powerpoint, Excel)? > > Thanks. > Yes, there is an update to 10.1.6 available here: <http://www.microso...

Out of Office Assistant #59
Hi Using Outlook 2003 but I can't get the above to work or the rules wizard as I thought this might be away around the problem. Any ideas would be great Thanks Shona SS <Student.13@uk.bosch.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2003 but I can't get the above to work or the rules > wizard as I thought this might be away around the problem. If you're not using Exchange for your mailbox, the OOA isn't available. See the following: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Notification of new messages with IMAP
I recently switched from POP to IMAP. I have rules set up elsewhere, so new messages may appear in any one of a number of folders other than Inbox. However, Outlook does not reliably show me when there are new messages in these other folders unless I actually click on the folder. This is very tedious as I have about 20 folders to click on. Is there a solution for this? Thanks, - Andrew. Thank you very much! I went into Tools -> Send/Receive Settings -> Define Send/Receive Groups and clicked the checkbox to send/receive all the folders that email comes into. Hopefully that will w...

Microsoft Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Ok this may seem like an odd question but as an archaeology student I kinda really really need this but I cannot find the button that lets you centralise text and such...where is it???????????? ...

10.1.2 Updater Error Message
Hi, Got a new G5 computer and installed Office X on it. I then loaded SP1 and 10.1.1 and they went fine. Now when I go to run 10.1.2 I get the following error message: 11002:2-15 and then it bombs out. Any ideas on what could be causing this error. Thanks, Peter Nehem P.S- Anti-virus software has been disabled and also tried it out in safe mode. ...

MS Office XP Outlook
I have problems w/ Outlook not responding when an email message contains an attachment. This requires that I reload Office. Is there a solution? Please keep me in mind when you receive a reply. Think I have the same problem!! Edwan Not responding? you mean freezes? OL or the complete sys? Is other mail OK, is it all atachments or those that OL will block by default? In any case it is possible to do a detect/repair from the origonal installation disks, or even uninstall OL and install on its own. If other Office Apps function correctly a complete uninstall/reinstall is hardly called for...

error sending messages in outlook 07, account settings okay
Hello, This problem is giving me a huge headache, Recently everything was working well on my Vista OS, outlook 2007. Now I can't send out any messages, only receive. The messages stay in my OUTBOX and I get an error message when sending. Outlook is trying to send them but it can't. Account settings are good. I have 2 different user profiles crated on Vista with different e-mail accounts and outlook stopped sending on both of them. Don't matter which I'm logged in to, mine of my wife's it still doesn't work. I am also dual booting my PC and when I login to my XP ever...

Exchange Intelligent Message Filter
Hi All, I just install the Exchange Intelligent Message Filter but I can't find the performance counter under performance monitor for Exchange Intelligent Message Filter (MSExchaneg Intelligent Message Filter object) Do I need to install the performance counter ? How do I need to do that ? Thank Had this problem as well, try doing into the IMF configuration and change the SCL on the gateway, you might also want to check that you enabled IMF on the SMTP Virtual Server and a reboot may be in order. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org...

office 2004 for mac #3
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement disc? I still have the original box with the serial number on it. Thanks. How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=326246 On 19.04.06 5:26, in article 1145420760.848991.175630@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com, "misterc1" <misterc1@pacbell.net> wrote: > Does anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement disc? I still > have the original box with the serial number on it. Thanks. > -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Office:M...

Office Clipboard in Office XP and Office 2003
Hi, How do I turn this off permanently? If I click on Options when it appears and select 'Don't show Office Clipboard automatically', it only gets rid off it until I restart Excel at which time I have to do it again. I'd like to turn it off permanently. Any help would be appreciated. George Hi George In Excel 2002 the option is; "Show show Office Clipboard automatically'' not "Dont show Office Clipboard automatically" ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http...

What is office connect?
How does it work? ...

Office v.X or Office 2004 for Mac
I just started thinking about installing Office because Appleworks doesn't always seem to be able to translate certain Office documents. I have tried Open Office for Mac but I'm not impressed. I would probably buy a CD on eBay. If all I am expecting to do is use the wordprocessing and spreadsheet applications is there any real advantage to choose Office 2004 rather than Office v.X? I have a G4 running 10.2.8 Thanks in advance for any advice you might have. Office 2004 brought a lot of fixes for various problems and many new features, among them a super outline/Notebook mode in Wor...

[ANN] Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 available now
Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 update is live! Fixes bug where Open XML files couldn't be opened. Only English version is available now. Other languages soon. It is also not available via the Microsoft AutoUpdater (MAU) at this time. Download from Mactopia. <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx> Steps for a good install: Quit all Microsoft applications including the hidden ones. Easy way, Log out of your User under the Apple menu Log in holding down the Shift key to disable all startup items Install the updater you downloaded from Mactopia Restart -- Diane Good tip f...

Re: Extracting email address from unopened messages
Hi, you may find the following article useful: http://www.monkeyjob.com/FileMonk/FMExamp/Extract.htm (Using FileMonkey to extract multiple email addresses from files) Regards, www.monkeyjob.com ...