Missing Pictures and Attachments

My emails are missing pictures or attachments from one sender. If I open the
same email in outlook - everything is there and if I forward that e-mail from
outlook back  to myself and open the new one in Live Mail - the attachments
and pictures are there.  The sender is a contact and on the safe sender list.
 I have the "show images and external content sent from e-mail addresses in
my Safe Senders List" option checkmarked and Virus Protection is set to
Internet Zone and Junk email protection is set to Low.

What security settings do I need to change to get pictures and attachments
to download for a particular sender?
--
Dale Stubblefield
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

From Michael Santovec:

If messages are sent using the Exchange family of mail programs
(includes Windows Messaging or Outlook97/98/2000+) and the option to use
Rich Text Format is selected, it puts the RTF message (and any attached
files) in an attachment called WINMAIL.DAT (application/ms-tnef).  But
this attachment is useless to most other mail programs.  In some mail
programs (e.g. Outlook Express), the attachment won't even be visible.

The Exchange user can turn off the RTF option for messages to selected
recipients.  Note that if sending via an Exchange server, the Exchange
server administrator may be overriding the mail client settings.  In
this case, the administrator will need to make changes on the server.
In some cases, the Exchange server actually removes the attachments to
some recipients.

For additional information, see the MS-TNEF WINMAIL.DAT Attachments
section of
Decoding Internet Attachments - A Tutorial
http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/decode.htm#ms-tnef
At the above link is information on several utilities that can be used
to recover the attachment if the sender can't or won't resend it in
plain text (or HTML) mode.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Dale Stubblefield" <DaleStubblefield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C5541333-EF7D-4F97-AFDC-CBAB04D727D0@microsoft.com...
> My emails are missing pictures or attachments from one sender. If I open
> the
> same email in outlook - everything is there and if I forward that e-mail
> from
> outlook back  to myself and open the new one in Live Mail - the
> attachments
> and pictures are there.  The sender is a contact and on the safe sender
> list.
> I have the "show images and external content sent from e-mail addresses in
> my Safe Senders List" option checkmarked and Virus Protection is set to
> Internet Zone and Junk email protection is set to Low.
>
> What security settings do I need to change to get pictures and attachments
> to download for a particular sender?
> --
> Dale Stubblefield

0
Ron
2/9/2010 1:08:37 PM
The link you gave is out-of-date.  The current link is
http://TechHelp.Santovec.us/decode.htm#ms-tnef

The old link will still get redirected to the right page but not the
right spot on the page.  In the not too distant future the old link will
stop working completely.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
> From Michael Santovec:
>
> If messages are sent using the Exchange family of mail programs
> (includes Windows Messaging or Outlook97/98/2000+) and the option to
> use
> Rich Text Format is selected, it puts the RTF message (and any
> attached
> files) in an attachment called WINMAIL.DAT (application/ms-tnef).  But
> this attachment is useless to most other mail programs.  In some mail
> programs (e.g. Outlook Express), the attachment won't even be visible.
>
> The Exchange user can turn off the RTF option for messages to selected
> recipients.  Note that if sending via an Exchange server, the Exchange
> server administrator may be overriding the mail client settings.  In
> this case, the administrator will need to make changes on the server.
> In some cases, the Exchange server actually removes the attachments to
> some recipients.
>
> For additional information, see the MS-TNEF WINMAIL.DAT Attachments
> section of
> Decoding Internet Attachments - A Tutorial
> http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/decode.htm#ms-tnef
> At the above link is information on several utilities that can be used
> to recover the attachment if the sender can't or won't resend it in
> plain text (or HTML) mode.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Dale Stubblefield" <DaleStubblefield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:C5541333-EF7D-4F97-AFDC-CBAB04D727D0@microsoft.com...
>> My emails are missing pictures or attachments from one sender. If I
>> open the
>> same email in outlook - everything is there and if I forward that
>> e-mail from
>> outlook back  to myself and open the new one in Live Mail - the
>> attachments
>> and pictures are there.  The sender is a contact and on the safe
>> sender list.
>> I have the "show images and external content sent from e-mail
>> addresses in
>> my Safe Senders List" option checkmarked and Virus Protection is set
>> Internet Zone and Junk email protection is set to Low.
>>
>> What security settings do I need to change to get pictures and
>> attachments
>> to download for a particular sender?
>> --
>> Dale Stubblefield

0
Michael
Thanks for the update.
Ron Sommer

"Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message
> The link you gave is out-of-date.  The current link is
> http://TechHelp.Santovec.us/decode.htm#ms-tnef
>
> The old link will still get redirected to the right page but not the right
> spot on the page.  In the not too distant future the old link will stop
> working completely.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>> From Michael Santovec:
>>
>> If messages are sent using the Exchange family of mail programs
>> (includes Windows Messaging or Outlook97/98/2000+) and the option to use
>> Rich Text Format is selected, it puts the RTF message (and any attached
>> files) in an attachment called WINMAIL.DAT (application/ms-tnef).  But
>> this attachment is useless to most other mail programs.  In some mail
>> programs (e.g. Outlook Express), the attachment won't even be visible.
>>
>> The Exchange user can turn off the RTF option for messages to selected
>> recipients.  Note that if sending via an Exchange server, the Exchange
>> server administrator may be overriding the mail client settings.  In
>> this case, the administrator will need to make changes on the server.
>> In some cases, the Exchange server actually removes the attachments to
>> some recipients.
>>
>> For additional information, see the MS-TNEF WINMAIL.DAT Attachments
>> section of
>> Decoding Internet Attachments - A Tutorial
>> http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/decode.htm#ms-tnef
>> At the above link is information on several utilities that can be used
>> to recover the attachment if the sender can't or won't resend it in
>> plain text (or HTML) mode.
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>
>> "Dale Stubblefield" <DaleStubblefield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:C5541333-EF7D-4F97-AFDC-CBAB04D727D0@microsoft.com...
>>> My emails are missing pictures or attachments from one sender. If I open
>>> the
>>> same email in outlook - everything is there and if I forward that e-mail
>>> from
>>> outlook back  to myself and open the new one in Live Mail - the
>>> attachments
>>> and pictures are there.  The sender is a contact and on the safe sender
>>> list.
>>> I have the "show images and external content sent from e-mail addresses
>>> in
>>> my Safe Senders List" option checkmarked and Virus Protection is set to
>>> Internet Zone and Junk email protection is set to Low.
>>>
>>> What security settings do I need to change to get pictures and
>>> attachments
>>> to download for a particular sender?
>>> --
>>> Dale Stubblefield

0
Ron

4 attachments in one email gets sent in 4 messages
I attached four files to one message and they were sent as four different email messages. How do I get them to be sent in one message? Outlook 2000 ...

Missing files

I cant see pictures inserted into word/publisher #2
On reopening saved files I can't see pictures inserted into Word or Publisher. ...

Duplicate Attachments #3
We have come across a problem whereby I have sent an email with several attachments, one being a word doc and another being a ..publisher doc. Having sent the email the recipients have reported that he word doc has duplicated itself. Even in my sent items the emails shows the word doc having duplicated even though I attached it the once. Other colleagues have reported the same problem whereby attachments are duplicated on an email. We are working in outlook 2002 and have just upgraded to Exchange 2000. Has anyone seen this problem before. Many Thanks Lisa ...

remove attachements from received messages
Is there an easy way to have attachments removed from received messages? I would like to be able to remove some attachments but save the messages. -- Thanks, Bob As a follow-up, is there any way to delete attachments from a whole list of messages at the same time (i.e. in one stroke)? "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ObMICM0xHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to have attachments removed from received messages? > I would like to be able to remove some attachments but save the messages. > -- > Thanks, > Bob > ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Missing Message Text

Outlook automation, send email with attachments
I've written a function (executable through a command bar menu item) that uses outlook automation to send selected files to an email recipient. Every thing is working great, but I would like to see the mailItem, similar to SendObjects, so that I can type the specific message and use the To button to select the destination of my email. Is there a way to make the mailItem visible for manual editing, once I have added the attachments, other than writing my own form? I've searched a variety of websites and get the basic automation code, but nothing that actually exposes the mai...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

Attaching Pictures in Outlook Express 6
Since installing Works 2007 I can not send picture attachments in my Outlook Express 6. When I attempt to send a picture it is sent in 6 to 8 sections which arrive as a encoded message. Text files send okay. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGro...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Missing .dll on opening
Upon opening Outlook 2002 I get a message that I am missing MociExt.dll but I cannot get it to reload during any sort of fix or reinstall of Outlook. Any ideas? This started occuring after a recent update I did to Office. John, I don't believe that's a file installed by Office/Outlook. So, my guess is that you have an Outlook add-in that's causing this problem. Please do the following steps to confirm this assumption: 1. Exit Outlook. 2. Press and hold the CTRL key as you launch Outlook. 3. When prompted to start in Safe mode click Yes. Does the error occur? If not, please...

Windows XP Home Edition Config\System Missing
Hi: My 15 year-old daughter has a Gateway system that is 4 years old, running XP Home. Today she encountered a black screen on start-up that essentially states Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32\CONFIG. We can't find the Operating System CD for Windows XP Home, and my XP Professional OS disc I read cannot be used instead. I have a read a resolution that requires ijnsertion of the OS XP Home disc; boot from CD; Windows set-up initializes and press "R" to repair recovery console; hard drive is examined; pe...

IMF Console missing??
Hello i just have one question , simple i hope! I use my pc (windows xp pro SP2) with a custom console to administer my domain , exchange , dns , etc... Everything is working fine. Last month i installed on my exchange , the IMF from microsoft. When i am logging on to my exchange machine localy or through RDC i can see in exchange system manager below SMTP ,the IMF icon and i am able to change setting install filters and so on... When i open my console from my pc and use exchange system manager console (i have installed exchange management tools and sp1) i cannot see IMF icon below SMTP Vitu...

Font missing
I created a document in Publisher and printed it. Opened document a week later and received 'font missing' error message. In the Format...Font dialong box the font's name is there with the word (missing) next to it. Where did it go? Are you using a font manager? Maybe the link was broken. Do you have the font somewhere else on your computer? If so install/re-install it. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9390E623-E0FE-498A-AA6...

Scanpst missing
Outlook says there is problem with c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst and to run scanpst.exe. I have Vista and after searching computer cannot find the file. Is there a way to download this file? My computer is french so I don't always knowthe translations It's there. Are you using 64bit vista? if so, office is in the 32 bit programs file. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/scanpst.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

Missing Email #4
I am running a 2003 exchange server and one of my users sayes he isn't getting some mail that people say they are sending him. There is a mailbox listed in mailboxes called "Systemmailbox - {GIUD}" there are items listed in there. Could this be the missing mail? And is there anyway to see what these items are. Thanks for any help Damian It won't be in the System Mailbox. The System Mailbox contains schema information. There's generally no reason to ever need to access it unless PSS is instructing you to. As far as your user, make sure that you have message t...

Making pictures transparent
I have two pictures stacked one on top of the other. I would like to make the top picture transparent except for the lines of the picture so that the picture beneath shows through. How can I do this? In a Paint program... If the top picture is black and white you can use the transparency tool to make either the black or the white transparent. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Terri" <Terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23232AAC-2EAB-4DA7-A2B7-1BCEF6EDA8D0@microsoft.com... >I have...

Toolbars Missing, And option to Add Missing
Hi, My Problem is that my normal 'Formatting' toolbar is missing. When I right click on the 'Standard' toolbar to add/view the 'Formatting' the only options i have is: 'Task Pane' & 'Customize'. In 'Customize' the only tool bars listed is the 'Task Pane' & 'Work Sheet Menu Bar' Anyone know how to resolve my Problem... Please Pull-down View > Toolbars There should be about 15 bars listed. if not then select Customize > Toolbars and then push the reset button. -- Gary''s Student "SmeetaG"...