inbox repeating

My friend uses Google mail as her server and accesses her emails via windows
live mail.
She had deleted many messages from her inbox (of live mail) but they have
all appeared again.
How can she permanently delete the messages she no longer wants?
Thank you.

0
Stewart
8/12/2010 6:35:50 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

This response from Bob Lucas should explains the details of using Gmail in Windows Live Mail
<qp>
Gmail stores every message in a single folder on the server - and
adds 'Labels' to individual messages.  Consequently, Gmail will
add the 'Inbox' label to new incoming messages - or the 'Sent
Mail' label to messages that you have sent.  'WLMail interprets
Gmail 'Labels' - and will display the messages locally in the
Gmail Inbox or Sent Mail folder, as the case may be.

If you select a message in WLMail and press 'delete', WLMail
merely removes all labels from the message.  Consequently, it
will disappear from view.  However, when you use your web browser
to sign into your Gmail account, you will discover that the
messages are still present on the server (in the 'All Mail'
section).  You can delete messages permanently via the webmail
interface.

If you want to use WLMail to delete a message from a Gmail
account, you should drag it into the Gmail 'Bin'.  Once a message
is in the 'Bin', Gmail will delete it automatically from the
server after 30 days.  Alternatively, you can use WLMail and
select messages that are in the 'Bin'.  Then, press delete.  Next
time you synchronize, WLMail will remove the messages from the
server.
</qp>

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Stewart"  wrote in message news:A2EF4A22-E336-426C-B000-4B3F36B90C39@microsoft.com...

My friend uses Google mail as her server and accesses her emails via windows
live mail.
She had deleted many messages from her inbox (of live mail) but they have
all appeared again.
How can she permanently delete the messages she no longer wants?
Thank you.
0
winston
8/12/2010 6:59:47 PM
Just to add a point to Bob's excellent rundown: if you include All Mail in the IMAP folders to show, you'll see two of everything. All mail is just that - every message regardless of label, including 'deleted' ones.
--
Noel

"...winston"  wrote in message news:eIaRlGlOLHA.5732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

[...]

Ildhund
8/12/2010 7:30:13 PM
Thank you for the replies; I told her to go into her Gmail account as you
suggested but she has a very slow connection dial up connection and has not
done so yet.
I shall get her to follow your instructions.
Thanks again

"Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
> Just to add a point to Bob's excellent rundown: if you include All Mail in
> the IMAP folders to show, you'll see two of everything. All mail is just
> that - every message regardless of

<snip>
<snip>

0
Stewart
8/12/2010 9:42:16 PM
Since she is on dial up maybe better if she sets up gmail as a POP instead
IMAP. That way she will avoid all those extra email folders and have a just
regular folders

Bill

"Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message

> Thank you for the replies; I told her to go into her Gmail account as you
> suggested but she has a very slow connection dial up connection and has
> not done so yet.
> I shall get her to follow your instructions.
> Thanks again
>

> "Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
>> Just to add a point to Bob's excellent rundown: if you include All Mail
>> in the IMAP folders to show, you'll see two of everything. All mail is
>> just that - every message regardless of
>
> <snip>
> <snip>

0
Bill
8/13/2010 10:18:53 AM
I forgot to mention in order to do this she needs to log on to gmail through
her browser and turn on the POP setting. It does not affect IMAP settings so
she will have both options

Bill

"Bill" <someone@home.net> wrote in message
> Since she is on dial up maybe better if she sets up gmail as a POP instead
> IMAP. That way she will avoid all those extra email folders and have a
> just regular folders
>
> Bill
>
> "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Thank you for the replies; I told her to go into her Gmail account as you
>> suggested but she has a very slow connection dial up connection and has
>> not done so yet.
>> I shall get her to follow your instructions.
>> Thanks again
>>

>> "Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
>>> Just to add a point to Bob's excellent rundown: if you include All Mail
>>> in the IMAP folders to show, you'll see two of everything. All mail is
>>> just that - every message regardless of
>>
>> <snip>
>> <snip>

0
Bill

no inbox
I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an inbox for the new email address. What version of Outlook are you using? Adding a new e-mail account doesn't create any new Inboxes - the e-mail will go into the same Inbox as the existing accounts. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm <lisareyna@aol.com> wrote in message news:1193371832.071337.126490@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an > in...

IMAP Inbox empty
Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox). How do I fix this? Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the IMAP Online Store. -- Bill R MVP "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O7PC8go%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. > Opened it this morning and t...

repeating records on report
Hi. I have a report that shows employee data from all tables, such as demographic info, address/location data, job information, etc. The report is set up to show all previous and current records for given employee. For example, one employee has 8 previous addresses and 5 previous job titles. What I would like the report to do is to just display the additional address and job records on subsequent pages. What the report is doing now is displaying the employee's demographic and all other info on all the pages, even though there is only one record of information. Does that make sense? F...

how do I combine 2 inboxes my regular inbox and an 'inbox 1 I cre
In screwing around with my mail message rules,I somehow created an "Inbox1" that has a arrow attaching it to the primary inbox. What's the proper way of either deleting 'inbox1' or whatever I need to do so that all the mail I want goes into the primary inbox ? (which the rules,somehow don't allow me to do unless I'm missing something completely) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Resolved,thanks "bbrebozo" <bbrebozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3068D7-355A-4A92-9965-81505371AD2D@microsoft.com... > I...

No Messages in Inbox
I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any ideas? Need more info - if you're using Exchange, are you opening up the Exchange mailbox directly? what services do you have loaded? What version of Outlook? Have you checked your view settings on the inbox? Have you asked your Exchange admins for help? Brian wrote: > I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange > account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any > ideas? ...

old inbox messages disappearing
Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would disappear without being deleted? Usually a filtered view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Darla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5501c42a43$a8f8ce70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would > disappear without being deleted? Thanks, I will check my friend's outlook settings. >-----Original Message----- >Usually a filtered view. >-- >Russ Valentine >[MVP-Outlook] >"Darla" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Access Repeats First Row Of Data
We are using Access 2007 to link to SQL Server 8.0.2282 tables via ODBC. When the data is displayed in the Access linked table, we see the correct number of rows returned; however, all the rows contain the field data for the first record. Refresh All appears to fix the issue, but after scrolling down, we discover after fifty or so rows of unique data, the first field data is repeated again. Any advice is appreciated. -- Tom At AgFirst sounds to me like Access Linked Tables are the wrong choice for your problem. I'd reccomend moving to ADP and poof- all your problems g...

outlook inbox slows down
1.my client has informed me that his inbox slows down we he moves from one e-mail to another, and his cursor develops a tail 2. my other client has a problem accessing he inbox but when we moved the inbox to another pc on the network she can gain access to her own inbox on the other machine Do you have Norton Antivirus? If so the latest up has scewed things up. Open Norton and goto Options/Misc. and uncheck the Office plug in. This seem to effect every MS Office program. Check other newsgroups about it. That's how I found out. "donovan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

How do I make my inbox mails which the receiver is a specific grou
I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, automatic to a specific folder. How to do that? Many thanks for your replying. You can use the Rules Wizard (on the Tools menu) to move items from different senders to different folders. "vincent" <vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220B0059-3C29-41C0-BC7C-C4DFBF004E98@microsoft.com... > I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I > want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, ...

Starting in Inbox
How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. Outlook Express>Tools>Options> General tab - select open with.inbox. "Scott" <scott@eicom.net> wrote in message news:FkPqg.11108$j7.315106@news.indigo.ie... > How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. > You should be able to set that here: Tools menu > Options > Other > Advanced "Scott" <scott@eicom.net> wrote in message news:FkPqg.11108$j7.315106@news.indigo.ie... > How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. Try this:...

retreving old inbox
i had to reformat my hard drive, so i backed up the old inbox from the user file onto a cd. the file is a dbx but i cannot seem to import it back to outlook. please help "matt" <beer4matt_uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5f6b01c42df0$c371e9c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i had to reformat my hard drive, so i backed up the old > inbox from the user file onto a cd. the file is a dbx but > i cannot seem to import it back to outlook. please help This group is for the support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 and 2003. Outlook Express, while having a similar name is in fact a...

Inbox Display 03-19-10
I have Outlook 2007 set to display the Inbox: * Arrange by Email Account * Show in Groups That's how I want it but how can I set the order (top to bottom of screen) that my email accounts are listed? The only options seem to be alphabetical or reverse-alphabetical by email account name. Is that it or can I set the order? I thought that going to the email accounts settings screen and moving my accounts up/down on that list would set the order they are displayed in my Inbox but that does not happen. Thanks. Peter "PMokover" <PMokover@discussions.mic...

Bad
Yesterday, I asked this over on the m.p.outlook.general group and despite there being 170+ new messages there today, none was a reply to my question. Not even a "must be a user error" type answer. So I'm asking here too. I have searched both Google and the msnews. groups and have seen a few others ask similar questions, but have not yet found an answer. My situation is as follows: OL 2003 Imap server Preview Pane is OFF View is set to IMAP Hide marked for Deletion There are no rules to delete any messages whatsoever - there is in fact, only 1 rule, which looks for ...

Modifications to Inbox "Subject" lines do not theshow in Inbox hea
Modifications/Elaborations to the Outlook Inbox item subject lines which I make in an effort to better organize the Outlook inbox and saved/stored email messages, do not show in the Outlook Inbox headers after modification/elaboration. Why? I have organized in this way for a very long time. Is this an unintended omission or a purposeful change to Outlook and if so, is there some new way I can accomplish this? Thank you. Answered in the other thread, but for the benefit of others the answer is: It shows in the preview pane but not in the message list so its working... bu...

email misses inbox and goes to subfolder
We have exchange server 2003 with service pack 2 and Outlook 2007. On one of our employees computers the email goes to his subfolder named the company name, I have renamed this to various other names and mail still goes there. I even deleted the folder (it went to Deleted Items) and still the mail went there, NOT to the inbox. Cannot figure out how to get the mail to go to the inbox. Any ideas? T. Foster wrote: > We have exchange server 2003 with service pack 2 and Outlook 2007. On one of > our employees computers the email goes to his subfolder named the company...

Inbox not called Inbox anymore
For some reason my Inbox in Outlook 2000 (on XP) has changed name and is now called SATURDAY, which happens to be a the name of an appointment in Outlook calendar. I tried to change it's name back through Properties but it won't let me change it. Can anyone help? Aquaman No, I don't have Exchange anymore. Is there any other way=20 to rename the Inbox? A. >-----Original Message----- >Do you have access to the old Exchange client? if yes,=20 run it and you will >be able to rename the Inbox folder to its original name. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

I did something and I can no longer see the contennts of my inbox.
I somehow did something and cant see the dcontents of my inbox. I know that stuff is still in it because the number keeps increasing. frustrated <frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I somehow did something and cant see the dcontents of my inbox. I > know that stuff is still in it because the number keeps increasing. 1) What version of Outlook? 2) What View are you using? 3) What column are you using to sort your Inbox? -- Brian Tillman ...

why do resized picture print repeated on deskjets?
I am working on a Publisher 2003 document. I have pictures that were taken with my digital camera that I want to place on the document. I go to insert|Picture|From file... and select the picture. I then proceed to resize the picture by clicking on it and draging one of the corner markers until it is the size I want. My problem comes when I try to print this out using my HP Deskjet 6122 [regardless of the quality chosen]. When it prints, the pictures are repeated multiple times in the same space as I want the entire picrure to occupy. Why does it do this and how do I fix it? Might...

Inbox
Need to save messages from inbox to transfer to another desktop. What's best way to do it? Use the File menu > Import & Export command to export them to a PST file for transfer to the other machine. "Phil McCracken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044f01c39c49$49fe15c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Need to save messages from inbox to transfer to another > desktop. What's best way to do it? ...

Multiline display for INBOX headers
I've just "discovered" the value of a multi line display for email headers. Is there any way to set that globally for all folders? Outlook 2003 with Unicode PST. Thanks. -AH See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/51 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Andrew Hamilton" <Ahamilton90900@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1uqn25h5lgut2qs7b6upft08jfh8t7p0he@4ax.com....

messages read disappear in inbox
I have just set up outlook, but when I read the messages in the inbox, they disappear... what is happening? Is there a human I can contact to get help with this? I paid $75 an hour for a technician who couldn't figure it out. ...

inbox repeating
My friend uses Google mail as her server and accesses her emails via windows live mail. She had deleted many messages from her inbox (of live mail) but they have all appeared again. How can she permanently delete the messages she no longer wants? Thank you. This response from Bob Lucas should explains the details of using Gmail in Windows Live Mail <qp> Gmail stores every message in a single folder on the server - and adds 'Labels' to individual messages. Consequently, Gmail will add the 'Inbox' label to new incoming messages - or the 'Sent Mail&#...

Inbox Renamed
I am running Outlook 2000 on a Win 2K Pro machine, with POP3 services only (no Exchange Server or MAPI). My inbox name just changed to the name of a recurring meeting that I cancelled. I found notes on the bug in the MS Knowledge Base. Howerver, the only notes on how to resolve it point to exchng32.exe which I don't have, or downloading Office SR 1a, which I downloaded with no results. Any ideas? Thanks, Sam ...

Exchange Server keeps delivering messages until removed from inbox
Recently, my Exchange Server has taken to repeatedly delivering the same messages until they are removed from the inbox. Every 15 minutes, the inbox is "refreshed". Any messages in the inbox are reset to unread and given new date-time stamps. On a remote computer setup to receive email from the server via POP3, the messages multiply. I've run eseutil and it comes up clean. Check the email client configuration, on the "Leave copy of the messages on the server" properties -- Loay Olabi MCSA, MCSE Website: http://www.olabinet.net Blog: http://www.olabinet.net/loay ...

Splitting the "Inbox" folder into some inboxes
Hello . I want to split Outlook Express 6 Inbox folder into some inboxes , as described below : Suppose I have 2 email accounts , eg. a@a.com , b@b.com . I have already set these 2 accounts (via Tools menu -> Accounts) . There's only one "Inbox" folder I use : when receiving mail (either for a@a.com or b@b.com) , all the email messages are now located in the single "Inbox" folder . For convenience , I want to split this single "Inbox" folder into 2 (or more) "Inbox" folders , so each "Inbox" folder corresponds with a single ...