How to delete inbox messages

How can delete many messages all at once? I dont see anymore the box i used
before  to click many messages at once.Using Win 7.
12/24/2009 12:21:01 AM 2738 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I'm not sure what box you are referring to, but......

To delete all:  Highlight one and Ctrl + A will highlight them all. -

To delete a section: Highlight the first one you want to delete. Scroll
down to the last one and click on it while holding the Shift key down. -

To delete multiple messages that are interspersed: Hold down the Ctrl key
while you click on each message to highlight. - Delete.
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]
      Imperial Beach, CA

"HiOctane" <> wrote in message
> How can delete many messages all at once? I dont see anymore the box i
> used
> before  to click many messages at once.Using Win 7.

12/24/2009 12:32:57 AM
You can hold the "ctrl" key while clicking on the mail items to select multiple emails. Press "delete" key (or right click on the selection to perform other tasks)
12/24/2009 12:34:49 AM
Inbox within an account ?
All Inbox Quick Views ?

  ms-mvp mail

"HiOctane" <> wrote in message
> How can delete many messages all at once? I dont see anymore the box i used
> before  to click many messages at once.Using Win 7.

Deleted Mail
Hey all, Does anyone know of a good site for explaining basic Exchange admin issues. Kinda new to Exchange and would like to nail down some basics. One issue at hand right now is to some how retrieve mail that a user has deleted. If I remember correctly there is a timeout period from when the user deletes a message and when the server actually deletes it. Any help would be much appreciated! Michael If Deleted Item Retention is enabled on the Exchange Information Store and the user is NOT storing their email in a PST then you'll be able to use the "Recover Deleted Items"...

Outlook 2007:Error message for tasks in Calendar View
Hi there, I recently upgraded from Outlook 2003 to 2007. So far I have only found one glitch in the upgrade: in Calendar View I have activated the To-Do Bar and within that have checked the option for Task List. Rather than showing my tasks there is an error message in the same place reading "The operation failed. An object could not be found." That same message is also below the Calendar itself in a section which--I'm assuming--is supposed to show the tasks also. I ran Office Diagnostics to no avail. When I go into Task View and click on To-Do List under My Tasks the main scre...

Need to delete pending MS updates
A friend asked me to help him with his computer. So I went and started applying the updates to his XP machine. Well it turns out that he has a VERY small drive and even less memory :-( I have downloaded some MS updates but there is not enough room to run them let alone let them just remain on the drive Where are the pending updates located so I can go and delete them? Start > Run > type in, press Enter or click OK after each command net stop wuauserv net stop bits Show hidden files, folders, and system files:

Deleting CRM User!
I am looking to find ouit how one can delete a CRM USer and have the license go back into the pool of unused licenses. I can only find a way to disable the account. The users that I wanted to delete are in the disable user account view right now but I need to delete them and I need the licenses. I do not believe that you can delete using the supplied interfaces. You simply remove the license as stated below. If you were to remove or delete a user, there could be many orphaned entities. "Joseph Michaud" <> wrote in message news:#Qfbbc7UDHA.964@TK2MS...

Archiving: Can archive any folder except the Inbox itself
I am able to select any folder or group of folders in my PST file for archiving, including any and all subfolders *within* the Inbox, but cannot archive the Inbox itself. Attempting to do so raises the single-sentence error, "Error while archiving folder 'Inbox' in store 'Personal Folders.'" I've repaired my PST file multiple times, and everything else works without a problem. Is it possible that I've exceeded some limit for nested folders, or total number of items? The process seems to fail before it even starts. Thank you very much! -Doug Drag/dro...

Question: How to delete the email history which created by workflo
The whole process is: When a case has been created for 1 hour but not be closed, then the workflow will send an CRM email to the case's owner for notify. After sent an email, there will be a email history in the history, But we don't want to save the email which created by workflow. How can we do that? Any ideas? ...

Flag messages upon receipt of another message.
Hello, I'm on a small team (6-8 contacts) of people that receive messages from a supervisor that have to be responded to in order. The company doesn't want to set up a shared inbox for some reason, but I'm hoping to make things easier with what we have. I have these messages flagged as they come in, and when someone has completed them, they send out a message saying that all the cases are complete as of the time of the message. I've got these flagged as they come in also. My question is would there be a way to flag all messages in a folder complete when a messag...

Delete a Closed Invoice
Hi there, is ther anyway i can delete a "Closed" invoice? one of the user accidentlly close the invoice by selecting "paid in full". Now , the invoice are mark as read only and we can delete it. It is possible to go into the DB and delete it manually from the InvoiceBase and InvoiceDetailBase tables, but I wouldn't recommend it. You can also manually change the StatusCode and StateCode fields in the InvoiceBase table. Look at other values used in the InvoiceBase table as examples of valid states. Once it's not closed, you can edit/delete it again through th...

My delete file is autmatically being deleted every 7 days. Why?
This just started and I dont know why. Thanks Neither do we. We have no idea what you are asking. Try again. Do not hesitate to use accurate details. -- Russ Valentine "Denny" <> wrote in message > This just started and I dont know why. Thanks Your deleted folder is being emptied every 7 days? Are you using autoarchive to do it? Are you using exchange server? If so the admin could have configured it on the server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook ...

Delet page in publisher wont delete
I cannot delete the pages I want in my publication. When i press edit, delete page it will not delete the pages. I have no problem deleting any of the other pages though. Turn off the two page spread and try again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP news:// "pippy6" <> wrote in message >I cannot delete the pages I want in my publication. When i press edit, delete > page it will not delete the pages. I have no problem...

Pubs Keep large file size after pages are deleted
I am using Pub 2003. I have a quick reference guide that has 123 pages with graphics the size of the document is 72,503 MB. I deleted everything except 17 pages but the document size is STILL 71,881 MB. In previous discussion groups I found the two links listed below. I looked under Objects > Design Gallery Object but I have only 3 tabs, Objects by Category, Objects by Design, and My Objects. I looked at any "options" buttons but could not find a tab called "Extra Content". "PUB2000: Publication Retains Large File Size When Pages Are Deleted http://support...

Making items inactive as opposed to deleting them
I have read that it's bad to delete items, and I think I found that true because I went back recently to look at a prior sale and it wouldn't pull up any info on it cause I had deleted the item in question. So, I went in and made a few items inactive to try it, and now I can't find them. Sorry for being an idiot, but how do I access the inactive items in inventory? Brad Couple things you can do is run an item quantity report and filter for inactive = can also run an inventorry wizard task "set items active" it will show you the items that are flagged...

Money 2001 Deletion #2
I CAN'T DELETE/REMOVE MONEY!!!! I lost the disk and was having problems with the program so bought 2004. 2004 say's it sees the old version and I must have the 2001 disk in order for it to finish install. I stopped install and tried to remove through Windows, only to have it tell me that I need the disk. I called Customer Service, and they were completely incompetant and unable to help me do anything but realize microsoft has terrible support options. I just want to get this worthless program off my system. PLEASE HELP. I'm just going to keep calling microsoft every...

Delete transactions w/out deleting POs
Is there a way to delete training transactions without deleting Purchase Orders. I found out the hard way that using Delete Transactions in SO Administrtor also deletes POs. Thanks in advance - Bob ...

Outlook 2003 and HTTP (Hotmail) Inbox
Hi all, I've searched and searched and searched (to no avail) for a solution to a problem that's just been irritating to no end. I think it's simple, but who knows... I have 2 email accounts with Outlook 2003, one POP, and one HTTP (Hotmail). My issue is that when I look in my inbox for the Hotmail account, Outlook doesn't mark my messages (as it does in the POP account) showing which messages I've responded to. That's it, but it's EXTREMELY annoying to look in my inbox and not know if I've responded to someone or not (without having to wade through my sent ...

delete a cell
I am trying to delete a single cell, but the worksheet does not allow me to do it. I have a choice to delete the whole row or the whole column. I just need to move cells up. I know I must have to set an option, but can't figure out which? "tatty" <> wrote in message > I am trying to delete a single cell, but the worksheet does not allow me to do it. I have a choice to delete the whole row or the whole column. I just need to move cells up. I know I must have to set an option, but can't f...

Message disappears
When I reply to a message the original message disappears from my Inbox. This just started happening recently. Check your view. Make sure it's not set to Unread Messages (View, Current View) -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 "Tim" <> wrote in message news:20d5301c4595c$1a7bf0d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to ...

Cannot acccess SEND THIS PAGE AS MESSAGE menu option
Want to send a publisher page as an email message and cannot access the option under the file menu. I see the toolbar option but it won't allow me to select it either. What is prohibiting this feature from being active? Which email program are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lisa" <> wrote in message > Want to send a publisher page as an email message and cannot access the > option under the file menu. I see the toolbar option but it won't all...

how to delete a row in excel with a specific word using visual basic
Hi, I have an excel file that always come with a line at the end with "downloaded:" in the cell. How can I write a macro to search for that cell and delete the row that cell is in? Thanks for all your help! Any time you are in doubt on how to interact with excel, try recording a new macro and then physically do the steps you are trying to code. Stop the recording and then go look at the recorded macro Hi "mchen", Delete rows with "N" in Column 31 (col AE) from my

deleting multiple records from access
Hello I have a simple database with about 500000 records I want to know if there is a way to quickly erase a large number of records at once, using access. I want to mark and then delete, but I can't mark a large number of records thank you john John, Is there some logic as to which records you'll keep, and which you'll delete? If so, then you could develop a Delete query that would do that for you. Are you deleting all of them? If so, just delete the table. What do you mean by "mark?" Do you mean use the Record Selectors in tabl...

Import Outlook Custom Form Data From Another Inbox
I have a vba process that cycles thru my Inbox and imports data from a number of custom forms. This data is then updated within my access database, and reports are created. I tried using the same vba code to cycle thru another mailbox (which i have admin rights to), but am receiving a "type mismatch" error on line# 3 below. Dim fld As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim itm as Object 'Assuming fld is populated in prior steps using the PickFolder command 1) For Each itm In fld.Items 2) If itm.Class = olMail Then 3) Set msg = itm .... .... 5) Next itm Any ideas why this code works fin...

Deleteing columns in Excel 2007
In previous versions I was able to delete non-adjacent columns, but this version seems not to allow it... When I choose non-adjacent columns, the option for deleteing them is greyed out. I looked it up in help, which wasn't very helpful, checked Excel preferences, just in case there's a setting that might allow that, again to no avail. Is there a way to do it in this version? TIA, Nash Hi Nash I suspect your sheet is protected. Right click on the sheet tab>Unprotect. With unprotected sheets deleting non-adjacent columns works the same in XL2007 as in earlier versions. Re...

Permanently Delete
For some reason I have not seen anything of my previous attempts to post this question - so a last go. Outlook 2000 - Is it possible to change a setting so that deleting a message permanently deletes it rather than moving it to the deleted items bin? I don't have Outlook 2000 in front of me (I don't maintain VMs that go back that far) but if you go to Tools | Options | Other | Advanced(?) you will probably find a setting that's relevant. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower Author: The...

Flooded by Undeliverable messages
I am getting bombarded by hundreds of "undeliverable" messages a day. I have a domain (ex: which simply points to my real domain of (ex: Some spammer is sending thousands of emails from and they are bouncing back to my administrator email on my address. There is no email for, never has been. I have tried to lock down the domain as much as possible but the spammers have it and I don't know what I can do about it. I guess I have two questions: 1. Can I stop the spammers from u...

deleting a fields content
I have a situation in which a user will need to delete only the content of one field for a record. For each record in the table there is a column (field) called IsChildOf. On the webpage there will be a button that will delete only the content (a number) of the field IsChildOf for the record. So, if record ID 449945 has 25 in the IsChildOf and the person uses the delete button, the 25 is deleted. How is the DELETE statement constructed for something like that (I'm a noob to sql)? Thanks. John John > On the webpage there will be a button that will > delete onl...