How to delete inbox messages

How can delete many messages all at once? I dont see anymore the box i used
before  to click many messages at once.Using Win 7.
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I'm not sure what box you are referring to, but......

To delete all:  Highlight one and Ctrl + A will highlight them all. -
Delete.

To delete a section: Highlight the first one you want to delete. Scroll
down to the last one and click on it while holding the Shift key down. -
Delete.

To delete multiple messages that are interspersed: Hold down the Ctrl key
while you click on each message to highlight. - Delete.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"HiOctane" <HiOctane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can delete many messages all at once? I dont see anymore the box i
> used
> before  to click many messages at once.Using Win 7.

4
Bruce
12/24/2009 12:32:57 AM
You can hold the "ctrl" key while clicking on the mail items to select multiple emails. Press "delete" key (or right click on the selection to perform other tasks)
0
RJ
12/24/2009 12:34:49 AM
Inbox within an account ?
or
All Inbox Quick Views ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"HiOctane" <HiOctane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3A68B34-2A6C-4CAD-A957-DAEF2CA818CE@microsoft.com...
> How can delete many messages all at once? I dont see anymore the box i used
> before  to click many messages at once.Using Win 7.
1
winston

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Strange negative indent in plain text messages
Recently my Outlook 2007 installation decided to indent the first line of any plain text message about half an inch to the left, resulting in the first 2 letters not being displayed as they happen to be outside the display area. That applies to editing mails as well as displaying mails in a separate window and in reading pane. Up to now I wasn't able to figure out how to reset that indent configuration. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help. sounds like a style is messed up. if the 'outdent' can't be changed using the Decrease indent button (next to the alignment b...

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

received messages randomly in either of two accounts
I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail accounts with it, a Hotmail account and a Sky.com account. When receiving mail it comes into either but not both accounts although the senders are sendin to the Sky.com account. How can this happen. Why would you expect to see an incoming message in both of your = accounts? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Bryan1345" wrote in message = news:BAECB568-9A33-40DE-A63E-4792DE53658B@microsoft.com... I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail = accounts with it, a Hotmail ...

No NDR/warning for messages that exceed message size limit
Has anyone seen the following problem: config - Exchange 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP3 When message size limits are set and a user tries to send a message that exceeds the limit, the message appears to be sent normally. In addition, there is no NDR returned and the message is never delivered to the recipient. It appears that Exchange accepts the over-size message, then drops it without letting anybody know that the message was too big. Also, if an external message come in that causes the mailbox size limit to be exceeded, neither the sender nor recipient is informed and the message appears to...

Missing Inbox, Folders & Address Book
I recently had to have a new hard drive installed. all of my old data was placed on the new hard drive in a folder called OldData. When I bought the PC, it came with Microsoft Office XP preinstalled. But I was not able to find the disks, so I aquired and installed microsoft Office XP 2003. I have two problems: 1) I don't know where to look to find my old inbox, folders, Address Book and anything else associated with my old Outlook environment. I also need to find my wife's data as well. She uses a separate identity. 2) Once I know where it is, I need to find out where to put it in o...

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Delete macros

Message Box strangeness
I have included the chunk of code with a few names changed, but the functionality is there. I think it will be easier for me to explain my problem after you take a quick glance at the code: onConnectButton() { int go=-1; if(c_task_check.GetCheck()) { go=MessageBox("Doing this will erase old data","Warning",MB_OKCANCEL); } int start=start_server(); if(start==WAITING_FOR_CLIENT) { SetDlgItemText(ServerEdit,"Connected to Client"); c_button1.EnableWindow(true); c_button2.EnableWindow(true); c_button3.EnableWindow(false); c_button4.EnableWindo...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

How to eliminate/avoid double messages?
Hello, I have 3 SMTP email account configured on my outlook 2002, each of them corresponding to a different server, yet I get the same messages from one of these servers downloaded several times (usually 2 times, sometimes even 6-7 times) to my outlook inbox. Can anyone assist me to establish what is causing the multiple download, to advise how to proceed to eliminate the multiple messages from each of my local boxes and eventually how to configure my outlook in such a way that it will simply download the same message only once? Thanks, Luca See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

View UCEArchive messages
I'm using the IMF in exchange 2003, and I need an easy way to view the messages that are archived. Right now I have to go through and double click each one individually, and I can't see what the scl rating is. How can I view the messages, and sort them by the scl rating. Is there a way to dump them into a specific mailbox? Mike To view the message archived by IMF have a look at this link: http://weblogs.asp.net/exchange/archive/2004/05/26/142366.aspx Serge "Mike" <mrfaber@att.net> wrote in message news:uyQ8#OsDFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm...

Integration Manager 10.0 error message
Would anyone know the cause if this error? This fixed assets integration ran with no problem last month. "Integration < > is not ready to run due to the following problems: Source queries are not ready to execute. Query < > cannot be executed until the following problem is corrected:" ------ and nothing is listed! Thanks for any help offerred. Are you able to right click on the source and preview? You may have to remap the source file. Thanks, VJ On Nov 3, 10:57=A0am, Patti <Pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Would anyone know the cause if t...

Duplicate messages
Hi, I've followed a few of the posts relating to duplicate messages being downloaded in Outlook XP. I have a similar problem, but am not sure it is the same: I have 4 different email accounts with on 4 different POP3 servers. These accounts are also web accessible (so I can check them at work etc). I use a cable broadband connection and all 4 accounts use my ISPs outgoing mail server to send. So that messages are accessible however I access the accounts, Outlook is set not to delete them from the server. I am receiving multiple copies of some, but crucially not all, of my messages. ...

Outlook 2003
I've noticed that attachments look different in Outlook 2003 than they did in XP when composing messages. In XP, they did not appear inthe message, but under the subject line. Now they look to be embedded in the messae like they do in Outlook Express. Any idea how to change this back? Thanks Change your message format. Plain text = attachments below the message. Rich Text = attachments in the body. HTML = attachments in the header. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, al...