How do I Disable Photo Email

  • Follow

Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
"Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
entirely?
0
Reply Utf 4/25/2010 9:08:01 PM

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:08:01 -0700, Joe G. wrote:

> Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
> selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
> selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
> "Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
> just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
> paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
> have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
> for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
> entirely?

Not sure, never tried. I just don't use it. There are alternatives presented
in the message compose window.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Configure your mail to use Plain Text instead to Html and attach the message.

Pasting a pic in an Html composed messaged will call the Photo-Email option.

The only other option...don't paste...use the Insert/Inline option to insert a previously saved picture

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Joe G." <Joe G.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3BD351B-95CE-4FB6-AD3A-BE96E2F061DC@microsoft.com...
> Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
> selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
> selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
> "Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
> just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
> paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
> have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
> for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
> entirely?
0
Reply winston 4/30/2010 6:47:27 PM

This is a work around but not a solution. Earlier I could send HTML mails
with pics as attachments rather than inline.
Suddenly something went wrong and then, it stopped asking me whether I would
like to convert the mail as a photo mail and all pics go as inline.

I even unchecked the option that says send pics as inline but that doesn't
seem to help.

Any other leads?

Vishu
--
A victory of Voilence always ends in a festival of Mourning --- LAO TZU.

"...winston" wrote:

> Configure your mail to use Plain Text instead to Html and attach the message.
>
> Pasting a pic in an Html composed messaged will call the Photo-Email option.
>
> The only other option...don't paste...use the Insert/Inline option to insert a previously saved picture
>
> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>
> "Joe G." <Joe G.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3BD351B-95CE-4FB6-AD3A-BE96E2F061DC@microsoft.com...
> > Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
> > selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
> > selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
> > "Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
> > just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
> > paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
> > have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
> > for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
> > entirely?
> .

0
Reply Utf 8/25/2010 8:10:03 AM

Hey Joe,

I dug deeper and found a solution to the problem. I didn't expect that this
would fix it but it did.

Go to Tools>Ootions>"Send Tab" and
UNCHECK the option that says "Upload larger images to the web when sending
photo email"

This fixed my problem

Vishu
--

"Joe G." wrote:

> Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
> selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
> selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
> "Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
> just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
> paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
> have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
> for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
> entirely?
2
Reply Utf 8/25/2010 8:20:03 AM

That option(in WLM Version 2009/Build 14.x) is only present if signed on with a Live ID and no longer available in WLM Version 2011/Build 15.x

In Version 2011...
Windows Mail button(first item on Ribbon Menu)/Options/Mail/Compose
     - uncheck 'Convert message to photo e-mails when adding photos'
Thereafter choose Email Message instead of Photo Email for the three available options
    - Attach file
    - Insert Single Photo(Single in name only, it allows selection of one or more to be inserted)
    - Photo Album(changes message to Photo e-mail)

Note: In Version 2011...Photo email creates an album with included photos and uploads to the signed on Live ID's SkyDrive(if not signed on, the user will be prompted to sign on with a Live ID to Windows Live). The Live ID does not have to be the sending email account.  (i.e. Photo email pictures are no longer uploaded to a generic Msft server, they are uploaded to the user's Live ID's SkyDrive)

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Joe G." wrote:

> Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
> selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
> selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
> "Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
> just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
> paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
> have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
> for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
> entirely?
0
Reply winston 8/25/2010 8:47:41 AM

(page loaded in 0.003 seconds)