How do I Disable Photo Email

Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
"Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
entirely?
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:08:01 -0700, Joe G. wrote:

> Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
> selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
> selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
> "Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
> just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
> paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
> have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
> for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
> entirely?

Not sure, never tried. I just don't use it. There are alternatives presented
in the message compose window.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Pasting a pic in an Html composed messaged will call the Photo-Email option.

The only other option...don't paste...use the Insert/Inline option to insert a previously saved picture

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Joe G." <Joe G.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3BD351B-95CE-4FB6-AD3A-BE96E2F061DC@microsoft.com...
> Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
> selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
> selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
> "Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
> just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
> paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
> have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
> for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
> entirely?
0
winston
4/30/2010 6:47:27 PM
This is a work around but not a solution. Earlier I could send HTML mails
with pics as attachments rather than inline.
Suddenly something went wrong and then, it stopped asking me whether I would
like to convert the mail as a photo mail and all pics go as inline.

I even unchecked the option that says send pics as inline but that doesn't
seem to help.

Any other leads?

Vishu
--
A victory of Voilence always ends in a festival of Mourning --- LAO TZU.

"...winston" wrote:

> Configure your mail to use Plain Text instead to Html and attach the message.
>
> Pasting a pic in an Html composed messaged will call the Photo-Email option.
>
> The only other option...don't paste...use the Insert/Inline option to insert a previously saved picture
>
> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>
> "Joe G." <Joe G.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3BD351B-95CE-4FB6-AD3A-BE96E2F061DC@microsoft.com...
> > Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
> > selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
> > selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
> > "Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
> > just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
> > paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
> > have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
> > for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
> > entirely?
> .

Hey Joe,

I dug deeper and found a solution to the problem. I didn't expect that this
would fix it but it did.

Go to Tools>Ootions>"Send Tab" and
UNCHECK the option that says "Upload larger images to the web when sending
photo email"

This fixed my problem

Vishu
--

"Joe G." wrote:

> Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
> selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
> selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
> "Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
> just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
> paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
> have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
> for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
> entirely?
That option(in WLM Version 2009/Build 14.x) is only present if signed on with a Live ID and no longer available in WLM Version 2011/Build 15.x

In Version 2011...
Windows Mail button(first item on Ribbon Menu)/Options/Mail/Compose
     - uncheck 'Convert message to photo e-mails when adding photos'
Thereafter choose Email Message instead of Photo Email for the three available options
    - Attach file
    - Insert Single Photo(Single in name only, it allows selection of one or more to be inserted)
    - Photo Album(changes message to Photo e-mail)

Note: In Version 2011...Photo email creates an album with included photos and uploads to the signed on Live ID's SkyDrive(if not signed on, the user will be prompted to sign on with a Live ID to Windows Live). The Live ID does not have to be the sending email account.  (i.e. Photo email pictures are no longer uploaded to a generic Msft server, they are uploaded to the user's Live ID's SkyDrive)

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Joe G." wrote:

> Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had
> selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and
> selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as
> "Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and
> just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to
> paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I
> have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos", which didnt work
> for some reason. How do I disable the Photo Emails option,  turning it off
> entirely?
0
winston

Combo box
In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to the same address, basically a notification that the status is complete. Thanks, Mary I'd also like to include in the subject or message body the value in one field on the form if possible. "Mary" wrote: > In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of > "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to > the same address, basically a notifi...

Hypertext and links in email received
The emails I receive do not have links underlined or in hypertext so that I can click on them and go to the linked web site. How do I fix this?? ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

email #70
i have cable.I have outlook ex. on it as my mail. i can snd and receive form it fine. I hooked up the cable to my laptop (wireless) . I can do everything on it fine,,, get websights and all., BUt when i go to my outlook mail, i can send but cannot recieve any mail,,, why? Arleen You have to set up your accounts in Outlook Express on the laptop with the correct POP server settings. Then set the laptop accts to leave mail on server so that mail will be available to download to your desktop--or vice versa. You cannot receive mail on the laptop because the desktop already received it to...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Free Voice Email for Outlook
WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages to be recorded directly into email messages as MP3 attachments. WaxMail is available as a free download from http://www.waxmail.biz Not a very good way to spam --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <paul.andrews@netralia.com> wrote in message = news:1131619526.283980.218080@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages > to be recorded directly into email...

forwarding emails #2
Is there a way to forward a users emails to an external email address in exchange 2003 sp2? I know you can forward to internal email addresses but don't see the option to forward to an external address. Hi When you say forward do you want an email that is sent from an internal user to another internal user to forward to an external address? If so just create a contact with the external email address and on the AD Account that needs to be forwarded set Delivery | "Forward to" selecting the newly created contact Regards Ben Hoffman Microsoft MVP - Windows Server System...

Animations in emails?
Hi, Is it possible to include animations in a page in publisher which I'm sending directly by email (not as an attachment), i.e. will the animations be animated or will they remain static? Thanks Did you think to email it to yourself and see what the answer is? That's the short answer, the long answer is that animated gifs are supported in html. The Send as mail feature turns the page into an html mail message. But how that message is received depends on the recievers email client and it's support of html and images (static or otherwise). -- David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] h...

Steps to create a case from a support email
CRMers, When we get a support email from a customer, it moves to the support queue and is assigned to a support person. This works. Now, I am trying to understand how to create a case out of this email and am a bit confused. I would appreciate it if someone can help me with the following questions. Q1. When an email is received in the queue, you can double-click it and associated the "From" address to a contact. So far so good. However, to create a case out of the email, I don't see any option anywhere. There is a menu item to create a new case. However, in this case, I have to...

Reply emails are blank?
We are using Exchange 2003 SP1, not sure what version the other party is using but it is some version of Exchange. Problem: the remote user sends one of my users an email. My user replies to it, but when the remote user receives it the message body is blank. My user can send a new email message (not replying to one) to the remote user and everything comes over fine. The remote user is using email stationary. I have had her change her email format to plain text, but it still sends as HTML. Does stationary force HTML? I haven't had a chance to have her stop using the stationary...

emailing newsletter
I created a newsletter under the email section in publisher. Then I converted it to a web page & 'sent page as message.' Why did only a few people receive it [the help section states that recipients do not need publisher to read the newsletter]? I wanted to avoid attachments. Please help! Because some people have their email set to plain text only and there's nothing you can do to get around that. If you want to make sure that all of your target audience can read your newsletters that you need to send it as an attachment. Either that or put it on the web somewhere a...

pictures on email will not forward with text. just a white box
when i forward an email with pictures on it - not attachments - it will not enclude the picture. just a white box where the pictures were. thanks ...

How to hide the "Properties" of an email address
I often receive email where I am one of several recepients. Usually, if you right-click on the name of someone in the TO list, you can choose Properties, and determine that person's email address. That can be a problem for that person, if he/she wants to keep his/her email address private. I recently received an email, but when I right-clicked on the names in the TO list, I could not get the Properties information. It appears that the sender knows how to list the person's name in the TO list, but prevent his/her email address from being determined. I would like to know how t...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Forward user email from exchange to another domain.
How do I forward email that arrives to an Exchange server to another domain. I tried Exchange General/Delivery Options/ Forward but it will not take an email address non-local. Example: tom@exchangeserver.com -> tom99@aol.com Thanks in advance, Ed S Fibercloud, Inc. On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:00:05 -0700, FastEddie <FastEddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I forward email that arrives to an Exchange server to another domain. >I tried Exchange General/Delivery Options/ Forward but it will not take an >email address non-local. > >Example: > >tom@exchan...

need to send mass email to 1000 addresses cureently in Excel. What's the best way to do that? Can outlook handle 1000 address in one email?

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Outlook2007 Email Recipient Addr Problem
I am using MAPI in a VB5 program that sends emails to customers(which works fine with Outlook Express). When I loaded Outlook 2007 on my computer, I get the following message(from Outlook) when this program(which uses MAPI) tries to send Emails to customers: "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient." I have checked on Google but can't find a solution. Please Help!! ...

email is rejected by isp
When I try to send my pub 2003 document as the content of an email message, it is rejected by the virus scanning service of the recipient. The message states: "Please ask the sender of the message to disinfect their original version and send you a clean copy." How do I make my document acceptable for my recipients? I am trying to send an email newsletter. Thank you, Layla (1) You only need to post once. (2) Are you sure you *don't* have a virus? Send the email to me at jpaules029 at suscom dot net. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Layla" <L...

Workflow to email prior Owner as well as current?
Hi all, Our sales folks are experiencing a "magic trick" with Accounts - that is, due to a fast-paced company environment, we often have accounts that "disappear" from one salesperson's ownership and get reassigned and "reappear" for the new salesperson to own. I can build the workflow to assign a new Account Owner when they are assigned to the account, but I also want to email the PREVIOUS owner that they lost the account. I've searched the MBS forum and also taken several swings myself, but no luck. Any suggestions for how I could email the pri...

Send a Sheet as body of Outlook Email
I used to be able to send an Excel sheet as a body of a message to a recipient. The recipient would be able to reply and enter information and then send it back. With 2007 the "sent to mail recipient" function seems to change the sheet to html format and the recipient cannot enter information and return the spreadsheet. Is there a setting or change that would return the old functionality. I used this function as a type of electronic signature to validate that the return document came from the intended source. If not have you any alternative ideas ...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...