Error with receiving email from Charter.net

Have been using Windows Live Email for about a week, but suddenly stop
working  on Saturday with the following error.  To my knowledge. nothing on
the PC has changed

Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.charter.net account. The
connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'pop.charter.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10061
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

10061 =  Connection refused

Could have been a temporary server problem.  I was just able to connect
using Telnet to that server.

If you still have problems, it could be your anti-virus scanning e-mail.

As long as your anti-virus software is set to scan files as they are
opened, scanning e-mail as it downloads or sends is unnecessary and
prone to problems.

With some anti-virus (and anti-spam) programs, simply disabling the
e-mail scanning function doesn't really disable it.  It simply tells the
program not to flag any messages.  It still processes all the messages
and may still cause send/receive failures.  What you may need to do is
uninstall the anti-virus program, then reinstall it using a custom
install option and unselect the e-mail scanning component for
installation.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have been using Windows Live Email for about a week, but suddenly stop
> working  on Saturday with the following error.  To my knowledge.
> nothing on
> the PC has changed
>
> Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.charter.net account.
> The
> connection to the server has failed.
>
> Server: 'pop.charter.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 110
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10061

0
Michael
3/15/2010 8:15:55 PM
Thank you.  Once I reconfigured the antivirus software to not scan emails and
rebooted it worked fine

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

> 10061 =  Connection refused
>
> Could have been a temporary server problem.  I was just able to connect
> using Telnet to that server.
>
> If you still have problems, it could be your anti-virus scanning e-mail.
>
> As long as your anti-virus software is set to scan files as they are
> opened, scanning e-mail as it downloads or sends is unnecessary and
> prone to problems.
>
> With some anti-virus (and anti-spam) programs, simply disabling the
> e-mail scanning function doesn't really disable it.  It simply tells the
> program not to flag any messages.  It still processes all the messages
> and may still cause send/receive failures.  What you may need to do is
> uninstall the anti-virus program, then reinstall it using a custom
> install option and unselect the e-mail scanning component for
> installation.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have been using Windows Live Email for about a week, but suddenly stop
> > working  on Saturday with the following error.  To my knowledge.
> > nothing on
> > the PC has changed
> >
> > Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.charter.net account.
> > The
> > connection to the server has failed.
> >
> > Server: 'pop.charter.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> > Protocol: POP3
> > Port: 110
> > Secure(SSL): No
> > Socket Error: 10061
>

> .

Amazing how that fixes the problem every time. You would thing the=20
antivirus vendors would learn to leave that 'feature' off by default.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

> Thank you.  Once I reconfigured the antivirus software to not scan =
emails and=20
> rebooted it worked fine
>=20
>=20
> "Michael Santovec" wrote:
>=20
>> 10061 =3D  Connection refused
>>=20
>> Could have been a temporary server problem.  I was just able to =
connect=20
>> using Telnet to that server.
>>=20
>> If you still have problems, it could be your anti-virus scanning =
e-mail.
>>=20
>> As long as your anti-virus software is set to scan files as they are=20
>> opened, scanning e-mail as it downloads or sends is unnecessary and=20
>> prone to problems.
>>=20
>> With some anti-virus (and anti-spam) programs, simply disabling the=20
>> e-mail scanning function doesn't really disable it.  It simply tells =
the=20
>> program not to flag any messages.  It still processes all the =
messages=20
>> and may still cause send/receive failures.  What you may need to do =
is=20
>> uninstall the anti-virus program, then reinstall it using a custom=20
>> install option and unselect the e-mail scanning component for=20
>> installation.
>>=20
>> --=20
>>=20
>> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>> > Have been using Windows Live Email for about a week, but suddenly =
stop
>> > working  on Saturday with the following error.  To my knowledge.=20
>> > nothing on
>> > the PC has changed
>> >
>> > Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.charter.net account. =

>> > The
>> > connection to the server has failed.
>> >
>> > Server: 'pop.charter.net'
>> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
>> > Protocol: POP3
>> > Port: 110
>> > Secure(SSL): No
>> > Socket Error: 10061=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> .

0
Gary

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

Obtain Mcse,Mcsa,Mcdba,Mcsd .Net,Ccna,Ccnp Without Exams(Pay After Check Resutls)100% Passing Gaurantee
All Certifications Like MICROSOFT,CISCO,COMPTIA,SOLARIS,ORACLE,SAP,MICOSOFT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS,EMC at your doorstep without exams..and with 100% passing guarantee...No need to go to any testing centre...we will do everything on behalf of you... We own several test centres worldwide and are able to offer you this fantastic service. If you would like a 100% guaranteed pass, then please read on further...... Mail only at this email id :- all_certs@yahoo.com We are able to offer a guaranteed pass for the following: Microsoft, Cisco, Comptia, Oracle, Solaris. Please send a request for any test th...

Outlook Express: emails printing too large
When I retrieve my emails they are easy to read. When I print the emails off the font is very large -- 14 pt or larger. What do I need to change to reduce the printable font to normal 10 pt size? ...

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

html format email
How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email templates in crm? I can write some custom add-ins in c# if needed. Thanks, J On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:41:24 -0500, "Scanner2001" <jeffsanders125@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email >templates in crm? You can create html email templates. The secret is to create them in another tool eg Notepad or Dreamweaver then open the html in IE and then cut and paste into the CRM email template window If you have graphics only links to the images are copie...

when receiving pics, how can i have it that i scroll down and see
I use Microsoft Outlook 2003. When I receive pictures in an email, I have to open each picture individually. Other people I know can just scroll down in their email to display the pictures. How do I do that? Outlook EXPRESS allows you to view pictures inline. Only if the sender = embeds the pictures in a RTF or HTML formatted message will you be able = to see them without opening each one. Outlook does not display images = by default.=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account w...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

Doubled Downloaded Emails
I'm a new involuntary convert from OE6 WinXP to WLMD Win 7. On both programs I set up my accounts. I use two email addresses - let's call them PT@xyz.COM and PT@xyz.US. My WLM shows the two accounts (inbox, junk mail, deleted, etc..) one above the other. But when I get new messages (by clicking Synch all email account) all the downloaded messages appear identically in the inbox or junk mail folders of both accounts. Since 95% of my messages arrive in the PT.com address, my OE6 was configured with a mail rule to move all such messages to a created folder for them. Is ...

CObject Private method access error

Send/Receive at program startup
Hi, I can't figure out how to prevent Outlook 2003 from automatically sending and receiving email when I launch the program. I want to send and receive only when I click the 'Send/Receive' button. Thanks for any ideas. Steve Uncheck the automatic polling option under Tools->Options->Mail Setup. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Steve Prescott asked: | Hi, |...

Email Just One Sheet
Is there a way to email just one sheet of many in a workbook as a attachment. I have supervisors in the field that have field tickects they keep in one work book. They email them over a satelite connection, so I would like to just send the ticket for that day. Thanks, Chance Hi Chance Ron de Bruin is the expert on this. Tons of code at his page http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm and at the very end a free downloadable add-in that does this and more for you. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please "Chance" <clagarde@tetratec.com> skrev ...

Error in closing Outlook

Cannot remove email from user
Exchange 2003 on Windows server 2000, selecting an SMTP email for a user and selecting to remove it. Once removed it comes back within a few hours - arhhhhhh!!!! It's driving me crazy because it makes itself the primary address aswell. Any help would be greatly appriciated. you mean an smtp address? is "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy." selected? is it an address your recipient policy specifies? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <itsshaz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152197598.537329.317470@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Exchange 2003 ...

Typing message error