Error ID: ox800CCCOE

I haven't been able to send email for a few days:

The connection to the server has failed

Server: SMTP.comcast.net
Error ID: ox800CCCOE
Protocol: SMTP
Port 25
Secure (SSL) No
Socket error: 10060

It's a new computer with Windows 7, and the email worked fine for the first
week. What happened?

-1

Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires
Authentication is checked.

How do I set up/configure Outlook Express for Comcast email?
http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288

Applies to WLMail as well.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"mike73" <mike73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I haven't been able to send email for a few days:
>
> The connection to the server has failed
>
> Server: SMTP.comcast.net
> Error ID: ox800CCCOE
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port 25
> Secure (SSL) No
> Socket error: 10060
>
> It's a new computer with Windows 7, and the email worked fine for the
> first
> week. What happened?

0
Bruce

Standard Error Formula
Excel 2007-what cells are referenced for the automatic standard error bar calculations (using the error bars drop down on the chart tools ribbon). If I use it (super quick and easy) to add std error bars to charts and then add error bars the old fashioned (slow and tedious) way, I get different bars. I have my data in a table and then a table below it with the averages of each group. I use the average values to create a bar chart. I have another table with std error calculated, referencing the same cells as used for the average. For example: in the averages table I have AVE...

Installation error 01-31-07
Hi I have previously installed CRM 3.0 but have recently had to rebuild or development server. On trying to reinstall CRM 3.0 I am getting the following error during the system verification final check: "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Upon checking event viewer it shows the following additional info: "SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed." Any ideas please.. Chubbly ...

Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error 05-18-06
Server Errorin '/' Application Exception from HRESULT: 0X80048306 Describtion: An unhandled exception occured duting the execution of the current request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception details: System.Runtime.interopServices.COMException:Exception from HRESULT:0x80048306 Source error: An unhandled exception was gererated during the execution of the current web reguest. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be using the exception stack below. Stack Trace: [COMException...

Event ID: 145
I am receiving the following error message on an Exchange 5.5 server. It is preventing the server from sending or receiving emails. Event ID: 145 The description for Event ID ( 145 ) in Source ( ESE97 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: , 336, E:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA. Bryan ...

Error message in outlook 2003 #4
How I can I fix the error message in outlook 2003 that a connection to the server could not be established. Thanks Make a connection to your server before you start outlook? ;) You've got something in your mail profile hosed up, check the services and makes sure you've got everything right. Without some more information from you on your actual setup, that's as good an answer as you'll get... Always more words than help. JeffG On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:49:02 -0800, "sovitj5" <sovitj5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How I can I fix the error message in ...

Install v4 without Internet Access Error
Hi all: I am trying to install v4 on a machine without internet access by following a post at: http://www.philiprichardson.org/blog/post/Installing-CRM-40-without-Internet-Access.aspx The post says that the following folder structure is needed: • \Redist\i386\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe • \Redist\i386\VCRedist\vcredist_x64.exe • \Redist\amd64\VCRedist\vcredist_x64.exe • \Server\i386\SetupServer.exe However no matter where I put the VC redistributable file I get an installation failure with the message “The system cannot find the file specified”. I thought it might be because I had the...

SP 2010
Hello, Just installed sharepoint 2010 and the first thing I did was create alternate access mappings for Central Administration and the default web application. For the default web application I set "sp.<company>.local" for Intranet Zone and I could access the web application from that url. Now I did the same for Central Administration, with "admin.sp.<company>.local", also for Intranet Zone, but when I try to access with that domain I get an error: "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.Administration&...

error messages for word, powerpoint & excel

Error when adding Contacts: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your System Administrator."
I have a new error message that just two of my users have just started to receive. When they try to add a Contact to an Account, they get the following: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your System Administrator." But when they close the error message, the Contact was in fact generated. Therefore, the error message is popping up but no real error is occurring. It is just plain annoying. I have seen numerous postings in this Group regarding this message, but I have yet to read a solution. Can someone tell me why this error message is occurring? I am the System ...

Error in Subtotal Wizard (Grouping and Outlining)
I'm having trouble with Excel 2003 and the Subtotals Wizard. When I perform a three-level grouping on the data listed below, it appears that some groups are missing and outline levels 3, 4, and 5 are messed up. Given the following list of data: Region columnb Office Employee columne Issue NW SEA 123 Salary NW PDX 234 Benefits NW PDX 244 Salary NW PDX 212 Salary NW BOI 232 Benefits SW LAX 673 Salary SW LAX 34 Benefits SW LAX 654 Benefits SW PHX 556 Salary SW DEN 322 Benefits SW DEN 65 Salary ...

office 97 box id number
Having problem with Office 97 pro...need to reinstall. Program asks for 1d on crystal box. Been 4 years since purchased, have no box. PC shows registration number. More numbers than asked for. How do I contact Microsoft to obtain number? Been thru site and only paid site accessible. Supposed to have 4 free inquiries. ...

Database error in POS 2.0
I just started getting this msg "A problem occurred while checking your store database." Now it won't let me back up. This has been going on for a week - my [stupid] salespeople just told me. Now, it's too late to restore from backup w/o redoing a week's worth of receipts. Nightmare. Anybody know a way out of this??? How old is your database (and how big)? Before getting into the nuts and bolts of the database, try connecting to it from the store admin and reindexing it. -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "MrBill" wrote: > I just started getting this msg &quo...

Error code 241
Hi I am getting one error message when upgrading great plains 8.0 (sp3) to DynamicGP 9.0. Error code 241 - Syntax error converting datetime from character string. The table name specified is IV00118 (Item cost change History). Any Idea ?? Thanks BS ...

Error archiving Deleted Items in MSN
Hi, I receive this message everytime archiving takes place. I am not interested in archiving these folders, but can seems to find anyway to tell outlook not to archive them. I tried right clicking properties of the msn folder but nothing about archiving there. Error while archiving folder "Deleted Items" in store "MSN". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied. ...

error 0x80040126 I can recieve emails but cannot send
I am getting the Task Error (0x80040126) when sending e-mails. Error message shows up, also says not connected to server. I can recieve e-mails, but error shows up every time. I've contacted comcast, but they assure that it is a Microsoft issue. BTW I have Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. Are you sure this error is associated with your Comcast e-mail address and not a Hotmail account? The reason I ask is that I am used to seeing this error with the connector that allows one to add a Hotmail mailbox to Outlook 2003. If it is the later, have you tried uninstalling/...

Server Error Code : 42

Excel has generated error and will be closed by windows...
hi guys if u guys can help me out with this... im currently using Excel 2000 while im trying to do a print preview on a excel document i encounter this error saying: "Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by the windows. you will need to restart the program." tried solutions: 1) restart program and print preview file but error still occurs 2) restart computer and print preview file but error still errors 3) tried repairing excel but problem still there 4) tried reinstalling excel but problem still there 5) tried transfering file to another system, but its able to do a...

Runtime Error #22
I am locked out of my email, everytime I try and open outlook I get a C++ Runtime error, and then the program closes, does anyone have a fix so that I can access my email. TIA ...

Crashes and Transaction error in Money 2003 UK
All, on a certian account on two (of 800!!) transaction I receive this message error wile tryng to amend it: "This transaction can not be entered" or "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation cannot be performed or another application finished this task before you". I used all the 3 repair tools with no result. Then Money 2003 UK crashes very often on my very stable XP OS. Few days ago Money provocated a system reboot, never happened in 2.5 years of intensive XP usage. I can't both delete and export this account. Then a demo of Money 2004 is not able to i...

Finding the date of the first day of the week using "ww" to ID Wee
Can you please advise what the formula would be to convert the week number into the date of the first day of that week? I am running a report of daily sales values and need to see each day within a week as well as sub-total weeks and months. I know I can do some of this grouping in Report Writer, but wnat to see a date for each week, not a week number for the year. For example: This is week 45. The first day was Sunday, first date of the week is Nov-4-2007. Kristi Kristibaer wrote: > Can you please advise what the formula would be to convert the week number > into the date ...

error login on web base for CRM 3.0
There's a problem and I need your help to fix it. For other users they can usually run CRM through web browser but for some user that have problem IE 6.0 will shut down itself when users run CRM. Also, for user who have such problem, When they type in "http://crmserver:5555/loader.aspx" in the address field then they can run the program but if type in "http://crmserver:5555" they will not be able to run the program and that session will be terminated. Check your popup blocker settings on these machines (IE and Anti-Virus software). This is most likely th...

I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity
I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity. Is someone has any idea why I get this error ? MSCRM Application Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code ...

What is an "Internal Support Function" error in e-mail?
I was copying text from another message into a new e-mail message I was creating and when I tried to 'send' it gave me the message "An internal support function returned an error". What do I do now? Not a Word problem. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jewel" <Jewel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76B20FF6-B730-45B9-A5F2-5C310BED8A3F@microsoft.com... >I was copying text from another message into a new e-mail message I was > creating and when I tr...

Error message "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.xxxx.com', Server: 'mail.xxxx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
When I setup the mail account, the account can send and receive email. BUT, when I setup the email account in home it cant send email, but it can receive email and show the following error message: "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.xxxx.com', Server: 'mail.xxxx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" What can I do? Brian Brian, It sounds like you have a firewall blocking port 25.try to telnet to a mail server out on the internet and see what happens. If your firewall is blocking ...