Changing default font for composed mail in Windows Live

When I compose a New Email Message, the Text Font is Segoe UI, size = 10,
color = black.

I have selected "Tools", "Options", "Compose" and changed the font settings
for Mail to 12 pt. Comic Sans MS and then Apply and OK but when I click on
Compose a New email the changes did not take.
2/1/2010 4:16:01 PM 2738 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Tools | Options | Compose. Is anything at all showing in the stationery
section? Some stationery will only send in specific fonts and sizes.
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]
      Imperial Beach, CA

"Rick" <> wrote in message
> When I compose a New Email Message, the Text Font is Segoe UI, size =
> 10,
> color = black.
> I have selected "Tools", "Options", "Compose" and changed the font
> settings
> for Mail to 12 pt. Comic Sans MS and then Apply and OK but when I click
> on
> Compose a New email the changes did not take.
> Thanks

changing a line to a bar in "line-bar graph"
I have 4 qtrs of data and a benchmark set up in a line-bar graph. when the graph comes up, 3 of the quarters are reflected as bars; the 4th qtr appears as a line, along with the benchmark. I want to be able to change the 4th qtr to a bar. I need this for a board report - ASAP please Laurie - Right click on the series, choose Chart Type from the pop up menu, and select the chart type you want for that series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP _______ Laurie M wrote: > I have 4 qtrs of data and a benchmark set up in a...

Account Format change
I need to add a new segment to my account framework and also increase a segment length for my existing accounts. For example: from 10-999, I need my account to read as 30-10-00999 where the first segment is the new segment and the last segment of 999 becomes 00999. Will Reformatter or the product from Microsoft do both of these things? Anyone has experience with this. I believe you need Reformatter from CRG. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Scott" wrote: > I need to add a new segment to my account framework and also increase a > segment length for my existing accounts. > ...

Address book on the side in the Folders window?
Hi, A friend said I could put my email contacts (my address book) into the Folders windown on the left side of the screen. Is this possible and how do I do it? Thanks. Your friend is thinking of Outlook Express, which is an entirely = different program from Microsoft Outlook, which has no such feature.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Journal existing mail store
Does anyone know of a way to apply envelope journaling to an existing mail store? Envelope journaling has been turned on and it works properly. However, only on newly received mail. Now we are looking for a way to apply envelope journaling to our historical mail. Mail that was received and sent prior to turning on the journaling feature. Thank you in advance You could use exmerge to extract data from existing mailboxes. Not as clean as message journaling. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT blog: ----------------------------------------- "Stump...

"Today's Total Change" doesn't calculate in Portfolio Manager
I've had a problem with Money 2005 and 2006 Deluxe where the Portfolio Manager does not show "Today's Total Change" for stocks & mutual funds. It shows it for some, but not others...this is not only an annoyance, but prevents me from seeing how my investments are doing on a daily basis. What's interesting is that it shows today's change in the price of the stock or the NAV of the mutual fund, but Money seems to have issues with multiplying that by my number of shares to get "today's total change". I saw a patch for this in Money 2001, but it w...

Use Internet mail when offline
Hi All, I am using Outlook 2000 Sr1 with Exchange server 2000 When away with my laptop I am working offline, I dial to the Internet using a modem but when sending an e-mail it trys to connect to the Exchange server remotely to send it ... and stays in outbox folder. Is any way to get use only internet mail to delivery e-mails even when working online? Is any way to send e-mails using internet e-mail on dialup connection when I am away ? Regards, Ad Garett It sounds like you have your Exchange mail and Internet Mail in the same profile. Try separating them into 2 separate profiles, wit...

version changes
i created a business card on Publisher (xp) but when i try to load it onto a computer w/ a color printer that has publisher ('97) it says i can't load stuff from another version. is there any way i can "downgrade" the project to make it compatible with the older version? didn't mean to post that twice. see above. ^^^ No there isn't. Copy the file to a disk and hie thee to a print shop. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Pringles." <> wrote in message news:285A2C89-D032-4123-87C0-0ABFF5B652A5@mic...

change cell change picture
Hi I'm using cell to display picture, for that, i saw a topic here with this example: but the problem is that i'm not getting the pictures displayed, it appears like example only without picture. I'm making the connection between picture and cells with INSERT -> NAME -> DEFINE. someone can tell me how can i do to work it out? thanks ...

Prompt for user to change passowrd...
Is there anywhere in setup where we can prompt a user to change their password? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Windows 7 and Arabic records.
Hi everybody, This issue happens in Windows 7 only, and it's interesting. The GP contains Arabic data (not interface), like Customer Name, Item Desc .... etc but not IDs. When the user switches the keyboard language to English, the Arabic data is shown in a not-readable language, while if the user switches the keyboard language back to Arabic, the data gets back to its normal state; in Arabic. The strange thing is this issue happens only in scrolling windows, but not all of them, the GP Lookup windows and some Smartlist lookup windows suffers from this behavior. Any...

Change insidewidth property
hi i need to change the insidewidth property in plot area what size i want. for ex. if i am giving chatarea.plotare.insidewidth = 200 then it shows error because insidewidth is read only double. so how to change that value Hi, You can not change the value directly because as the error says it is a Read-Only property. You would need to change the 2 things that effect the value, plotarea width and axis labels. But it would be a case of trial and error. Cheers Andy M Selvaraj wrote: > hi > i need to change the insidewidth property in plot area what size i want. for > ex. if i a...

Windows 7 installed Word documents won't open
I installed Windows 7 this past weekend. I received an email with a word document attached. The attachment will not open. I get a "An error occurred sending the command to the application". I did not have this problem with Vista. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Office and that did nothing. ...

Can't click through on links in e-mail (repeat)
Ever since one of those "critical Windows upgrades" we have been unable to click through to a web page from links in e-mail. This is a real pain for links that say "click here" rather than the URL. A blank, white Explorer session opens along with an error window that says "Locate Browser Link" with a cursor blinking in the "file name" field. We are running XP Home edition V5.1 and Outlook 2002 (not Outlook Express) SP-2. No pop-up killers or anything like that. Any help? TIA Bo When the message pops up to locate link browser, follow its direct...

changing page layout
I did a document in publisher in portrait layout, with a picture and would like to make it a side fold document/ Setup a new publication as a booklet, copy/paste your objects from the older publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP news:// "chinadoll" <> wrote in message >I did a document in publisher in portrait layout, with a picture and would > like to make it a side fold document/ ...

how to change the icon text
To all, What event to I do to handle when my app get iconified? I Need to set the window text for my icon differently than my app title bar text. When I run my app, the window text for the app title bar is "foo", when the user iconifies the app, I want the icon text to be "bar". How do I do that? Thanks for the help, Reza Take a look at CWnd::OnSysCommand. SC_RESTORE and SC_MINIMIZE is what you want to look for in this method. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] "reza razavipour" <> wrote in message news:uK18XkXH...

Server Log on changes
When I try to send outgoing email my login iformation changes and I get the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 5/22/2006 11:52 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: on 5/22/2006 11:54 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mycompany.domain.local #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Authentication is required to send mail as <>> Any Ideas...

How to change Pivot when SQL data source fieled name changed
Q: How to change Pivot when SQL data source field name changed I have a Pivot table that accesses a SQL data source. When one of the Fields Names in SQL is changed there is an error when trying to refresh Pivot Table. I cant find a way to edit the Pivot Table MS Query for the new SQL Columns Name like I can when just using MS Query to import data into excel vs into Pivot. Is this possible? Resolution: Call up the "Pivot Table Wizard" and hit Back Button to retrace steps and change data source "Nodak" wrote: > Q: How to change Pivot when SQL data source field...

change chart title with auto filter
I would like the title of my chart to change automatically every time I use the autofilter function to make a new selection of data to be displayed in the chart. Can anyone inform me of how to make the chart title change automatically with each new selection? Thanks, aja Hi, See this 'link' ( HTH -- Krishnakumar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Krishnakumar's Profile: View this thr...

Exchange connector not sending large e-mail
I have MS Exchange 2003 advanced server with a connector setup to send mail through another SMTP server. All mail has successfully routed through this connector to be sent except suddenly the connector would keep large e-mail's approx 7mb and larger in the queue and retry them. All other small e-mail would be sent out successfully without any problems, only these large ones wouldnt empty out of the queue. I eventually removed the connector and the e-mails were successfully sent out through Exchange's SMTP server. As I re-created the connector, all of the e-mail were going out of...

Change location of PST with IMAP accounts
Hi, I am currently using Outlook 2007 and have a question about IMAP. When using regular POP accounts, you can change the location of the PST by moving it to another place in Windows Explorer and the next time you start Outlook it will say the PST is missing and will ask where it is. Now, when using IMAP accounts this approach doesn't work. When you delete/move the PST that is associated with an IMAP account, Outlook will just redownload the mailbox from the server and create a new PST in the same location (%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook). I didn't f...

change default layout view
How can I get my emails to open up with the Print Layout View as default. Every time I compose a new message or open one from my inbox, the format defaults to normal view. ...

MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback undo javascript changes
I have two grids, and the for one of the grid I have given expand-collapse functionality usign javascript. And I have used MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback to maintain the position of the page. All works well, except since when i used MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback the grid wont remain collapsed on postpback. It expands everytime the page does post back. This application is published on sharepoint site. Please suggest. ...

outlook express delets my outlook 2000 Inbox mails.
Hi All, I am having trouble with Outlook Express . Today i configured Outlook express at my home pc to access my office mails. At office i use Outlook 2000 . wehn I hit send/recv on my outlook express (at home), It delets all my mails from outlook 2000 Inbox (at office). In brief when i use outlook express to access my mails , it moves all the mails from my outlook 2000 Inbox and delets them. Please help me on the following: 1)how to recover my mails in outlook 2000 , i can not do the same from Recover deleted mail. 2)what settings on outlook express will i need to do to avoid moving...

PO status change
Hello! When we attempt to change the status of a PO from new to released using the Edit PO status window, it doesn't stay as released. If we change the line items individually or print the PO, then the status stays as released. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks! -- MP MP, I am not sure this is necessarily wrong. If you print the PO to screen it will be released. It seems to me that is just as easy as the edit PO function. Unless you are importing lots of PO's and trying to automate the release function. Barry Wilson "MP" wrote: > Hello! When we attempt t...

change color if text is = or not, to text in other column
I am taking practice tests. ColB contains text (the correct answers). ColC contains text (my practice answers). I want the cells in ColC to turn green if my answer is correct (matches the text in ColB) and turn red if it is incorrect (does not match the text in ColB). I can't figure out how to get it to apply Conditional Formating on the columns. It wants me to apply it to only a single cell. I've also tried copying and pasting special just the formatting. It turns the cells in ColC green if they match cell B2 (not the corresponding answer that is in the same row). Please ...