Can't recieve and keeps asking for username and password?

I have been using windows live mail for the past 3 weeks and before that i
was using regular windows mail. All of a sudden it started asking me for my
password and username once i add another account. I have 3 accounts on there.
Not only does it keep asking for that I can't send messages and don't think i
can recieve them. Why is it doing this. I know my password and username but
it won't take. I don't know what the deal is. It is the logon box that i
never saw before. Can someone help me

--
Sharae Schneider
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Is it an email account prompt or a prompt to sign on to Windows Live ?
If you are not using a Live ID(tools/options/connections/stop signing in)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Sharae" <chriswhite@precisioninteriorflooring.com> wrote in message news:F3224F0F-B7AA-45CD-9655-958D1868892B@microsoft.com...
> I have been using windows live mail for the past 3 weeks and before that i
> was using regular windows mail. All of a sudden it started asking me for my
> password and username once i add another account. I have 3 accounts on there.
> Not only does it keep asking for that I can't send messages and don't think i
> can recieve them. Why is it doing this. I know my password and username but
> it won't take. I don't know what the deal is. It is the logon box that i
> never saw before. Can someone help me
>
> --
> Sharae Schneider
1
winston
5/20/2010 9:02:07 PM
I have the same problem and have not found any help.

1. asks for PW over and over.  It will eventually go through and give me
this error

Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.att.yahoo.com account. An
incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages,
you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [IN-USE] maildrop busy.
Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

I have turned off Nortons 360
I have the correct user / pw...it does go through after many tries.
I have a good internet connection
I have Windows 7

This started about 3 weeks ago right a windows update.  Nothing has changed
except I was told on another board to change my SSL from yes to no.

"Sharae" wrote:

> I have been using windows live mail for the past 3 weeks and before that i
> was using regular windows mail. All of a sudden it started asking me for my
> password and username once i add another account. I have 3 accounts on there.
> Not only does it keep asking for that I can't send messages and don't think i
> can recieve them. Why is it doing this. I know my password and username but
> it won't take. I don't know what the deal is. It is the logon box that i
> never saw before. Can someone help me
>
> --
> Sharae Schneider
The "ERR [IN-USE] maildrop busy" error is a server error, which =
typically
happens when users keep checking their mail at very short intervals.
It is best to use an interval of 5 minutes or more.

That said, you have other issues. Your port settings are not correct.
Please use the port and SSL settings specified by your provider:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=3DKB401738

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Sharae" wrote:

> I have been using windows live mail for the past 3 weeks and before =
that i
> was using regular windows mail. All of a sudden it started asking me =
for my
> password and username once i add another account. I have 3 accounts on =
there.
> Not only does it keep asking for that I can't send messages and don't =
think i
> can recieve them. Why is it doing this. I know my password and =
username but
> it won't take. I don't know what the deal is. It is the logon box that =
> never saw before. Can someone help me
>
> --=20
> Sharae Schneider=20

0
Gary

Unable to send or recieve
Using outlook 2002, I added a new E-mail account, when I press send recieve my new account is not listed. I then erased all of my accounts and re-installed outlook and setup all of my accounts. Now none of my accounts showup when I hit send/recieve. I setup outlook express temporarly(works fine). Please help. How can I uninstall and erase all the data from outlook. Thanks Under Tools->Email Accounts->Send/Receive Settings, what do you show for the send/receive intervals? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the ...

PRF-Outlook 2002/2003 Password Protected Pst
I created a prf file that creates a new profile. I have a script that adds personal folders from the default profile into the prf file as services. I have personal folders that are password protected which are added into the prf file. When I import the prf file, it is not able to add the password protected personal folder. Is there a way to do so, so that it will add it and prompt for the user to enter the password? No, PRF files don't have that functionality built into them.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtlef...

Send/Recieve Button
I think that I wore my send/recive button out! I removed and reinstalled office 2000, and my send/recieve button in Outlook 2000 still does not work properly. Any suggestions other than reinstalling Windows altogether? What do you mean when you say the button "does not work properly"? Do you get any errors? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "CJ" <cjennings@jenocom.com> wrote in message news:3fd101c355f6$9d8ec0c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I think that I wore my send/recive...

Keeping my eye on the troll "andy t"
Hmm, Andy is right, we both had trouble with the email address of that Typing Test website. I managed to struggle along at a puny 836 wpm according to that website, with accuracy of 100% of course - - - results posted there under my name of Mark Conrad. This points up what I have said all along, one can not rely on a "typing test" to show accurate "wpm" speed when it comes to Speech Recognition. Mark- This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CAAE64.66F31610 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="...

Unable to send or recieve mail with Windows Live Mail
Whenever i try to Sync with my hotmail account from WLM i have had the following error for about a week now: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail.co (my email address) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Server Error: 4402 Server Response: Client FolderId 327 is not found in the request Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/...

HELP!!!!!!!outlook keeps crashing
when i have my outlook open, it crashes, i have tried to repair it and still continues to crash, can anyone please help me, thanks Not without much more information. "Ketty" <ketty@boothandbooth.com> wrote in message news:381901c48f6d$bf8f66f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when i have my outlook open, it crashes, i have tried to > repair it and still continues to crash, can anyone please > help me, thanks Holly -- Have you tried to running the repair function for Office (Under Add-Remove Programs)? "Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Outlook 2002
Tasks from the calender continue to pop up even though they have already been completed in Outlook - Any suggestions on how to fix this? Pop-up as in the reminders still appear? Try this: Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter Outlook.exe /CleanReminders (note the space between ".exe" and "/CleanReminders") Select OK. Any better? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Steve" <steve@emilanderson.com> wrote in message news:0...

recieving emails
when i try to recieve emails a pop up window appears asking for my wifes mail server, who is on a different account on the same computer. The error message is Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 any possible ideas this means nothing to me What does "different account" mean? Different Windows user account, or different mail account on the same Windows Mail program? I tak...

Workflow keeps asking for authentication
We have set up a test environment for our GP10 deployment with BP and Workflow. Once we activate a workflow everytime you log into GP it wants you to authenticate to the server that has WorkFlow and BP installed on it. Have I missed something in the setup of the workflow module? -- Robert Fann Omni Packaging ...

Keeping focus
I am amazed at the intellectual horse-power that has been wasted in this forum on topics and comments that have absolutely nothing to do with the original poster's issue. We are here to help, not to showboat our mastery of the nuances of opinion about which Microsoft product is superior. To my way of thinking, every response to every posting can easily be assigned to one of two categories: Either we are helping the original poster or we are not. Now, I would like to see us focus on the business of helping the people who are trying to get the most out of Excel but need a little gu...

RPC over HTTPS Username/Password wrong?
https://exchange.domainname.com/rpc When I try to get to this site to test if RPC over HTTPS is installed correctly, I get a: You are not authorized to view this page You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. ---------------------------------------------- HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS) I am using my domainname\username and network password and I can not get in. Is there something that I may have missed when attempting to install RPC over HTTPS? ...

Password Help
I tried to work on my money file last night and it comes up with an error that says incorrect password. I know this is the correct password I just used it last week and signed in normal. My husband did a microsoft download a few days ago and I'm wondering if this affected the password. The error message talks about the "Live Password" which as far as I know, we've never set up....Is there a way to get around this??? Can I start a new Money account and import the old file to the new account so I can reset the password??? Thanks for any help!!! In microsoft.publi...

Recieve mail problem
Greetings, I recently added setup new email addresses on our email server with @omo.gwcols.com to support a new business. This is in addition to our gwcols.com email addresses. The gwcols.com email addresses work fine send and receive. The omo.gwcols.com addresses can send and receive internally, but cannot receive from external email. I setup a receipient policy for omo.gwcols.com on our Exchange seerver. I've had my ISP set the MX record for omo.gwcols.com and they sent: I checked the domain and your mail server has the same ip as the A record for oma. Added the addition of MX fo...

password
does anyone know where to obtain a decent unlimited free excel xp file open password recovery tool? Simon ...

Password Change
A worksheet has password created using the "Tools" -> "Protection". Inside the sheet there is a check box. It has a VBA Code as follows: Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() Me.Unprotect Password:="1230" If CheckBox1.Value = True Then Me.Range("C34:I35").Font.Color = vbBlack Else Me.Range("C34:I35").Font.Color = vbWhite End If Me.Protect Password:="1230" ActiveSheet.Protect AllowFormattingRows:=True End Sub I changed the password in the code to: 2130 (an example). My problem is when I go to the &...

Outlook updates keep downloading
I have Office 2003 installed, but not Outlook. Windows update keeps downloading updates which I then have to uncheck for the updates. Outlook has never been installed on this machine. I do not use Outlook (personal preferences/ problems with previous versions) Any suggestions, short of ripping Office out of the machine? Thanks. And a search for outlook.exe reveals nothing? Let winupdate do its thing "pwm" <pwm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A41C7DB-EDE3-44C2-BBF1-9B2D930BCBE1@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2003 installed, but not Outlo...

Outlook 2003 / mail retrieving, saving password
Outlook 2003 asks me my pop-account password every time, even as I have marked the checkbox "Save password...". It is really annoying as I want to check my pop-account once every 5 minutes. What to do? /M It gives me the "Enter network password" popup every time, it seems I cannot save the password for some reason. I already tried to modify registry so that I deleted all keys inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider, and rebooted the machine and re-created the mail accounts - didn't help!!! Frustrating. /M "Make" ...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

cannot recieve emails
when i open my emails it has suddenly started asking for my logon details. I can not remember them? If you don't remember your username and password, call your mail service provider. They may have a web page where you can reset your password. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "debbieg" <debbieg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:7933DACD-34EA-4F68-A8B8-9873576F7D2C@microsoft.com... > when i open my emails it has suddenly started asking for my logon = details. I=20 > ...

cannot send mail but can recieve mail
i get an error 0*800ccc7d i am currently using a hotels internet connection What client are you using? You have to ask the hotel what Internet Service Provider they are using. This affects the setting for the smtp-server in your mail program. P� Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:50:33 -0700, skrev <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>: > i get an error 0*800ccc7d > i am currently using a hotels internet connection >-----Original Message----- >i get an error 0*800ccc7d >i am currently using a hotels internet connection >. > I am having the same problem at home, with my AT&...

PASSWORD
My company placed on our gateway computer, Microsoft 2000 a password. We followed all the directions and now we cant get on the computer, it is locked. We have typed the password in, using every possible way and nothing. HELP. Denise, I found your password: login: administrator pass: YOUPOSTEDTOTHEWRONGNEWSGROUP "Denise A. Moreau" <aesinc12603@aol.com> wrote in message news:044301c3789e$39c00fc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My company placed on our gateway computer, Microsoft 2000 > a password. We followed all the directions and now we > cant get on the computer...

automatic send/recieve quit working
With Outlook 2002 and Windows XP Pro automatic send/recieve stopped working recently. Manual s/r still works fine... Any ideas as to how to get this going again? Lynn Do you have an automatic polling interval defined? Is Send Immediately When Connected checked? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Lynn Oliver <chief06@gte.netnospam> asked: | With Outlook 2002 and Windows XP Pro automatic send/recieve stopped | working recently. Manual s/r still works fine... Any...

send/recieve #2
I keep getting an error when sending email, error number is 0x800CCCOF, can anyone help???? John ...

Urgent! Outlook keep promt for password
Hi, I am migrating SBS 2003 to 2008. I am at the step to move the mailboxes, just of sudden, Outlook pops up a window for user name and password. I entered right user name and PW, it doesn't take it. I log off computer and I am able to log in back with the same UN/PW, it's just Outlook keep prompting. On the SBS 2003 server, I got message "one or more domain controllers do not meet the licenses requirements. " Does the license do something with this? The SBS 2008 OEM have 5 cals, I purchased additional 25 CALs. How to add the additional 25 cals to the SBS 20...

problem with recieveing email
the problem seems to be located on one PC in my company. for some reason if someone sends an email and person A is in the TO and I am in the CC.. when i recieve the email outlook changes it so that I am the only one listed in the TO and CC. Thus it looks like it was only sent to me twice. This occurs from multiple people when sending to me and person A can be anyones address. daryla wrote: > the problem seems to be located on one PC in my company. > for some reason if someone sends an email and person A is in the TO > and I am in the CC.. when i recieve the email outlook changes...