Can't recieve and keeps asking for username and password?

  • Follow

I have been using windows live mail for the past 3 weeks and before that i
was using regular windows mail. All of a sudden it started asking me for my
password and username once i add another account. I have 3 accounts on there.
Not only does it keep asking for that I can't send messages and don't think i
can recieve them. Why is it doing this. I know my password and username but
it won't take. I don't know what the deal is. It is the logon box that i
never saw before. Can someone help me

--
Sharae Schneider
0

Is it an email account prompt or a prompt to sign on to Windows Live ?
If you are not using a Live ID(tools/options/connections/stop signing in)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Sharae" <chriswhite@precisioninteriorflooring.com> wrote in message news:F3224F0F-B7AA-45CD-9655-958D1868892B@microsoft.com...
> I have been using windows live mail for the past 3 weeks and before that i
> was using regular windows mail. All of a sudden it started asking me for my
> password and username once i add another account. I have 3 accounts on there.
> Not only does it keep asking for that I can't send messages and don't think i
> can recieve them. Why is it doing this. I know my password and username but
> it won't take. I don't know what the deal is. It is the logon box that i
> never saw before. Can someone help me
>
> --
> Sharae Schneider
1
Reply winston 5/20/2010 9:02:07 PM

I have the same problem and have not found any help.

1. asks for PW over and over.  It will eventually go through and give me
this error

Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.att.yahoo.com account. An
incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages,
you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [IN-USE] maildrop busy.
Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

I have turned off Nortons 360
I have the correct user / pw...it does go through after many tries.
I have a good internet connection
I have Windows 7

This started about 3 weeks ago right a windows update.  Nothing has changed
except I was told on another board to change my SSL from yes to no.

"Sharae" wrote:

> I have been using windows live mail for the past 3 weeks and before that i
> was using regular windows mail. All of a sudden it started asking me for my
> password and username once i add another account. I have 3 accounts on there.
> Not only does it keep asking for that I can't send messages and don't think i
> can recieve them. Why is it doing this. I know my password and username but
> it won't take. I don't know what the deal is. It is the logon box that i
> never saw before. Can someone help me
>
> --
> Sharae Schneider
0
Reply Utf 8/26/2010 7:00:03 PM

The "ERR [IN-USE] maildrop busy" error is a server error, which =
typically
happens when users keep checking their mail at very short intervals.
It is best to use an interval of 5 minutes or more.

That said, you have other issues. Your port settings are not correct.
Please use the port and SSL settings specified by your provider:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=3DKB401738

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Sharae" wrote:

> I have been using windows live mail for the past 3 weeks and before =
that i
> was using regular windows mail. All of a sudden it started asking me =
for my
> password and username once i add another account. I have 3 accounts on =
there.
> Not only does it keep asking for that I can't send messages and don't =
think i
> can recieve them. Why is it doing this. I know my password and =
username but
> it won't take. I don't know what the deal is. It is the logon box that =
> never saw before. Can someone help me
>
> --=20
> Sharae Schneider=20

0